LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rubber

When I was litle there were both rubber panties and rubber sheets. The last pair of "real" rubber panties I saw were used on teh 5 year old girl who lived next door. This was in 1954 and they did not feel smooth at all. Thereafter the only real rubber things for us were rubber sheets. Those had pretty much disappeared 35 years ago, replaced by plastic crib mattress covers or crib mattresses with plastic covering as part of them. Aside from the one we had, which I hadve nott seen since 1975 and remember from when I was little, the last one I saw was in 1967 on my 15 year old boy cousin's bed.

This asks two questions

1. When were the last rubber baby panties that anyone else remembers?

2. If you are under 35, how did you learn about rubber?

I remember that my biological parents had a fitted rubber/latex sheet on their bed when I was very young. It was kind of a milky black/gray, thick. I remember its smell, and maybe there was talcum powder. I know that I was always attracted to the look of rubber-the clean, clinical appearance. Cold to the touch. I remember an amber latex enema/douche syringe and the latex tubing that snaked down from it. I've been looking for one exactly like it for a few years- oddly, the familiar red rubber hot water bottle does very little for my senses. I bought my first pair of rubber panties just this year and I'm prefering them to the snap vinyl covers I had been wearing. I like that they are seamless and I feel completely encased. And the noise they make when rubbed.

I remember that my biological parents had a fitted rubber/latex sheet on their bed when I was very young. It was kind of a milky black/gray, thick. I remember its smell, and maybe there was talcum powder. I know that I was always attracted to the look of rubber-the clean, clinical appearance. Cold to the touch. I remember an amber latex enema/douche syringe and the latex tubing that snaked down from it. I've been looking for one exactly like it for a few years- oddly, the familiar red rubber hot water bottle does very little for my senses. I bought my first pair of rubber panties just this year and I'm prefering them to the snap vinyl covers I had been wearing. I like that they are seamless and I feel completely encased. And the noise they make when rubbed.

sdsddlr,

I think you are the perfect, petite, rubber pants-girl!

I remember wearing rubber pants over my cloth diapers, it was a long time ago so I don't remember all that much about the feel and smell, but they were a yellowish color I do remember that.

As for rubber sheets the fetish community uses pond liners like is used in home garden and commercial water features, it can be found at garden centers.

I don't actually recall either rubber or plastic pants from my childhood. My first awakening to the sensual properties of PVC and latex, as discussed in one of my blog entries, came from my first viewing of the music video for Bananarama's cover of 'Venus'. There was just something so seductive about Siobhan Fahey's smooth, glistening, PVC-clad bottom that made me just want to reach out and touch it.

Since then, I've attempted to explore PVC and rubber in a variety of ways. I generally like to wear plastic pants: they feel so nice over soft, plump diapers. I wish I could try wearing more rubber, but finding nicely fitting latex in my size is a little difficult. The closest I've gotten to comfortable in rubber is the stretchy latex pants I buy from AC Medical, though I don't wear those so much anymore as they tend to chafe the back of the legs. Meh. So it's mostly plastic for me. I also enjoy PVC bedding, especially smooth, PVC treated wipe down pillows; they're so silky to snuggle up to.

My attraction to these materials, and clothing made from them, has little to do with associations with childhood or other experiences; rather, it's all about the touch and the implied tactility of all that shiny: I just want to run my fingers up and down all that slickness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Heyo,

I am quite fond of rubber myself as well. It's the sensual things about it, smell, look (glistening wet latex on a womans body is just artistic) feel and sound that's just so different.

I suppose when it comes to babies and all, there's not much of that going on really as most baby equipment is loose ^^

But I suppose latex nurses exist..

Lovely pictures by the way sdsddlr, thanks for sharing =)

• 3 weeks later...

When I discovered I was into diapers, I also needed "wetproofing". Growing up with Gerber plastic pants - I think, as I don't really remember - it was plastic pants that I was attracted to and wanted to have. That said, I was always interested in "rubber pants", though I knew nothing about them. It just seemed to me that waterproof pants made of rubber would be far more leakproof and would form-fit better over bulky cloth diapers. Finding them was the major quest for a long time. I was able to get a ready supply through a JK Perfect Personal Products for many years and they had "welded" leg and waist openings, as opposed to exposed elastic - which can wick wetness - in plastic pants. While the price was right, the quality was never assured or consistent, though one can easily repair rubber pants with rubber cement! I always liked real rubber pants though I would like to have had some in a high-waist style. Subsequent rubber pants were never as affordable as those through JK, and some I bought had sewn leg & waist bands and some were very thick as opposed to JK's. Actually, since VI Products went out of business, I've come to love B4NS pants, though pricey, and as they are very soft vinyl, have a propensity to rip far too easily, and the plastic at the sewn leg openings, after a lot of useage, tends to come undone. Boo. But, real rubber pants rock. As I am 55, I HEARD about "rubber pants" from the day I could remember hearing conversations about diapers & "rubber pants" (the term my parents used) though we were well into the vinyl waterproof baby pants by the late 50's when I was growing up.