LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Teens

Out of it tonight, but wanted to make a quick note:

We are talking with the folks at ADISC and are working on making them our official referal for teens who show up among us. It's a well-run board with nice people and no pervy feel. So if you run into any teens I'd recommend directing them there.

• Like 1

Concur. Let's keep this adult in content rather than PG-13 it all down. They need support because we've all been there and we need a place we can let our hair down.

Mahalo Braddah!

Honu

Ohhhh terrible idea...it's like getting banned from Halo and being told to play MW2 instead. It doesn't just work like that...We get enough people lieing about ages and whatnot as it is...The communities are completely different.

And what exactly would you propose we do instead? Ignore them and let them join here? DailyDi has an 18+ rule for a reason... and I think it's good that he's getting it set up so that we can officially refer them some place where they'll be accepted for them as they are.. true age and all. The only way they could join here is by lying about their age and what fun is it hiding who you are?

At least at ADISC, they can be a little bit more open about themselves...

yes teens need to talk also without pervs and not having to lie about their age , when i was a teen i thought i was the only one felt like a freak and binged and purged for years . The net can help but can be bad also choose wisely !!

So everyone on this board is a perv?

I'm confused

No, but some people are. The bottom line is this is an 18+ site, and an 18+ year old talking to a teen (or sometimes even pre-teens! I know I joined the ABDL community when I was 10...) about sexually explicit stuff could equal BIG trouble...So to avoid that, DailyDi is planning to refer any teens to ADISC. ADISC is all ages, and more PG/PG-13 than DD.

~ moogle

I am good with this being an adults only site, I have nothing to talk to kids about anyway. But we saying a "perv" can't lie about their age and chat with a teen on another site?

I think it is great a site caters to the teen crowd, wish I would have had that available growing up. We are fooling ourselves if we think any site is perv free. Actually I don't even like the term perv, I think predator might be more appropriate.

At one time or another I have visited every ab/dl site on the internet, and their is a lot of overlap of membership. I have always found D.D. to be a pretty straight up community, while we all have our own perversions, this has never felt like a pervy site.

I have no idea why I didn't know about that forum when I was a a minor. Probably because my internet access was so limited. Ahhhh. I love being a big enough boy to live on my own and browse daily d but still young enough to stay in diapers. yes, yes, yes..back to the subject. If I encounter any minors I will indeed direct them there. Great idea and note taken. :thumbsup:

I think this is an excellent idea, for two big reasons:

First, that teens have a place to go. While not legally considered adults, I'm sure many of you have noticed that kids are growing up faster these days. I know that when I was a kid, I still had a childhood. There was still a time of innocence. Not quite the case in this present time, and I blame not just the parents, but, our media and society in general. As the young mind develops, they still need a place to go to exchange ideas and learn about this side of themselves. I'd like to think that we could be the place to help sculpt them, but I'm afraid this is the double-black-diamond of ABDL forums.

The second, and biggest reason, would be for our own security. While our country still has a War on Drugs, the new focus is the War on The Internet and protecting children from predators. It wouldn't surprise me that we'll soon have our own color-coded threat level assessment on internet safety. It's the new War on Terror. You can thank the USPA and USC 2257 for this new world order.

Remaining Topical, making this kind of decision protects our community in a big way. Any site that is directed at minors, or has a large membership of underage persons is a site of interest to not only predators, but to the FBI and other agencies. Neither of those groups are people we want on our boards.

We abide by the laws, (within reason) but I'd hate to see an episode of To Catch a Predator where the 'mark' has found his 'victim' here on our turf. It'd be uber bad press, and worse, it means that we've got not only actual predators here, but federales poking around to trip 'em up. I'm sorry, but I'm just not comfortable with that. Choosing to actively direct minors somewhere that's cut out for them seems to be the best choice for all involved, protecting both them AND us. It goes without saying this also protects The DDi(Mike) from any personal/civil liability that stems from our interactions with other members, should it be found that either party were under the age of legal majority.

Good call, brother!

The pervy feel I referred to was not this board, but some f the other teen sites out there.

We have chosen to remain a 18+ site so we can speak freely, post images and all that without worrying about offending anyone. Up until now our policy on teens was to ban and delete their accounts with no advice on where to go - which could push them to those pervy sites. Directing them to a teen-friendly, but well monitored site is a better solution

This is an excellent idea. Teens need their own space where they can ask & get information, & express their opinions & ideas where it is age Appropriate. Good Idea DailyDi!

Rockies Fan. Go Rockies in 2010!biggrin.gif