LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Winter, Means Cold, Means Freezing.

OK yes this post is about freezing temps and wetting. and unable to change for a couple of hrs. could I end up with major skin damage from having very cold wet diapers on. I mean I only had ran into a problem once and it caused my to have to run to a near by store and use there restroom. as my diaper was so cold after wetting that it was hurting.

im affraid of getting frost bite or something. see some times i go out sleding on my snowmobile and there no place to change for hours, until we get to a bar, or a store thats near the trails. i dont think i could get frost bite down there, but the problem is redness for hours and a slight burning feeling after i change. i cant use diaper rash creams or anything that will freeze, so all i got to use it normal baby powders.

any ideas on what to do. i tried not drinking to much water, but then end up wetting more. i have tried putting on more layers. but nothing beats freezing temps at 40 mph on a sled in the snow. i love sledding but this is causing me not to want to do it anymore.

OK yes this post is about freezing temps and wetting. and unable to change for a couple of hrs. could I end up with major skin damage from having very cold wet diapers on. I mean I only had ran into a problem once and it caused my to have to run to a near by store and use there restroom. as my diaper was so cold after wetting that it was hurting.

im affraid of getting frost bite or something. see some times i go out sleding on my snowmobile and there no place to change for hours, until we get to a bar, or a store thats near the trails. i dont think i could get frost bite down there, but the problem is redness for hours and a slight burning feeling after i change. i cant use diaper rash creams or anything that will freeze, so all i got to use it normal baby powders.

any ideas on what to do. i tried not drinking to much water, but then end up wetting more. i have tried putting on more layers. but nothing beats freezing temps at 40 mph on a sled in the snow. i love sledding but this is causing me not to want to do it anymore.

The answer is plastic pants ;) Cooling is an evaporative process- the plastic prevents rapid evaporation :) Even with plastic backed diapers there's a lot of air movement at the openings :( Plastic pants prevent this movement so the warm liquid stays warm abd so does the rest of you :D

Bettypooh

Switch to gauze prefold diapers and plastic pants! You stay warm no matter how cold it is! I used to live in western PA in the snow belt and on the opening day of Buck season I would go hunting with the guys for hours and never have a problem. Back then I only wore one diaper during the day but hunting I could wear two because my coveralls were big. Diaper on! Rain or snow, wet or dry, we will not cry!

Back then I only wore one diaper during the day but hunting I could wear two because my coveralls were big.

And therein lies another solution: wear warmer clothing, like a ski-doo suit or really good ski pants. It's not as light as heated motorcycle gear, but it's cheaper and, hey, snowmobile enthusiasts aren't expected to wear the latest in fashion: bulky snowsuit is "OKAY".

I completely know what you mean. I recently was out to look at another property with a co-worker who decided to look at an extra property. It was really cold and I was getting quite wet. I nearly jumped straight back up when I sat down in the car as my diaper was freezing cold. I agree with warmer clothes but some times you get caught with out them.

The answer is 2 pairs of thermals and 1 plastic covered disposeable plus snap front plastic pants, I like being warm and wet and this combination lets me do that all day long, or at least until I start leaking past the plastic pants them my log johns get wet

I just got a new heated winter riding suite. tested it out and stayed nice and warm. thank you all for the help.

I can now ride longer with out feeling very cold, O and i was wearing a none heated snow suit and still was feeling the cold. but now im nice warm. just coast alittle more then i wanted to spend but to stay warm well worth it. my wife now hopes i dont spring a leak and short my self out. lol it would be a shock of my life. lol.

As a fanatical skiier and outdoorsman, I can say that rarely have I had a problem with my diapers becoming too cold. My body heat keeps a wet diaper relatively warm and after 3-4 hours in the same wet diaper I haven't noticed any signifigant chill. If you plan to stand around outside for long periods without being active then yes there could be a chilling problem. However you would probably have a greater concern with your core body temperature dropping from hypothermia.

If you are having a chilly diaper, then my suggestion is dress warmer. It's winter, dress appropriately for the conditions.