LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

"Special Editions"

Seriously, why? If something is going to have a special edition, release it relatively close to the release of the standard edition.

I am not rebuying Serenity.

I am not rebuying Hot Fuzz

I hate myself for buying the extensions for Resident Evil 5 that are available in the "gold" version.

Be happy that we bought your products in the first place. Don't release a special edition later in the hope that we will rebuy it. That only makes us hate your companies more!

Or you wait until the special ed is released. *shrugs* I still haven't gotten around to purchasing The Watchmen, though I could've purchased the DC ages ago for cheap. I was told the special ed was well worth the additional expense. Maybe next paycheque...

(They released a special ed of Serenity?! Gotta check it out! O.O )

Well, that's always been my gripe. I prefer the original editions. They're cheaper and you get the same product without the needless addons.

John Steinbeck's "East of Eden" used, first or second edition is about $1.00 at a bookstore. The newest edition comes to about $10 but it's the same exact book... but it has a pretty book cover <_<

Yea, I like the computer game special editions, but they're usually released at the same time as the normal game. Got Fallout 3 special edition, came in a lunchbox, with an art book, and bobbly head :D. And I got a special edition version of InFamous, the only copy the game shop had in, it was preplayed so got it cheap :X :thumbsup:

I got the Halo 3 Legendary edition, came with the Master Chief's helmet, dashboard skins, a limited edition poster and a behind the scenes DVD.

I also bought the special edition of Forza 3, it came with a keychain thingy, a cool thumb drive and the game itself has extras in it, special cars, skins etc..

I'm jealous Skitty! I wanted the Bioshock 2 special edition but I couldn't afford it. That had so much cool stuff :thumbsup:

But to answer the main question, no, it doesn't bother me. If I care enough about the film, I'll fork over the extra money gladly, I did that with Stargate SG-1, I had 4 of the seasons but I sold them when they came out with the collector's set. I guess it just depends on how much you like the franchise. As far as Serenity... I'll buy as many copies of that as it takes to get Joss Whedon to continue the franchise! :wub:

It is really under-handed for companies to release special editions later on because they *know* that hard-core fans are going to re-buy the game for those few extra features. Most of the time it isn't worth it, but sometimes it is as it contains new playable content. It really does suck though. :glare:

Companies do this simply so's they can make more money. Stop buying the standard edition so soon after release...

Understand that I am referring to when they release new editions (a) year(s) after the release of the original. It is not a matter of days or weeks.

I know. I'm saying that sometimes it pays off to wait years to buy the DVD... Of course, it usually takes me that long to amass the spending money to buy them in the first place, so I'm kinda used to that...

Depends on the special content. Some, it's just as you said. Others, it's whole new chapters to the stories and whatnot (such as the Diamond version of Neverwinter Nights [my best friend had to go and buy the episodes separately when they came out]).

Or you wait until the special ed is released. *shrugs* I still haven't gotten around to purchasing The Watchmen, though I could've purchased the DC ages ago for cheap. I was told the special ed was well worth the additional expense. Maybe next paycheque...

(They released a special ed of Serenity?! Gotta check it out! O.O )

I did buy the 5-disk "Ultimate Cut" version of Watchmen and it was worth it. The most successful Alan Moore adaptation to date.

I did buy the 5-disk "Ultimate Cut" version of Watchmen and it was worth it. The most successful Alan Moore adaptation to date.

That's what I've heard. BTW, are you pro or con on removal of the squid? I'm pro, myself. I think the way the film handled the story mechanic that the squid originally fulfilled, did the job far more eloquently.

That's what I've heard. BTW, are you pro or con on removal of the squid? I'm pro, myself. I think the way the film handled the story mechanic that the squid originally fulfilled, did the job far more eloquently.

I thought it was a bit of a con my self, it was still a good ending, but I just wanted to see the CGI effects for the giant squid :X.