LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Kids On Diaper Packages

I have always wondered if kids on packages of diapers are actually potty trained.

Maybe I'm the only on who's ever thought about it.

But I think "lucky kids" walking through the diaper aisles at the grocery store.

Could you imagine this...

http://www.liveleak....=a16_1192567004

Interesting article and clip. I bet the poor kid gets teased by schoolmates or anyone near his age who knows. You gotta admit it's kinda funny, but also cute. Hey look i'm on that package, awww man it's a bag of diapers.. rofl. Also makes you wonder if the thought of trying one ever crosses his mind.

• Like 1

Interesting article and clip. I bet the poor kid gets teased by schoolmates or anyone near his age who knows. You gotta admit it's kinda funny, but also cute. Hey look i'm on that package, awww man it's a bag of diapers.. rofl. Also makes you wonder if the thought of trying one ever crosses his mind.

If they didn't know before, they know now!

He'll get compensated, prob very well I'd imagine. I don't think a company like P&G would let this case go to court, they'll prob settle out of court. As for the kid getting teased, he was 3 at the time, so I doubt there'll be much backlash, not to mention I'll bet one of the things P&G will do is discontinue that package design to prevent further royalties. Considering a one-time payment might have been in the thousands, but now a settlement may be in the 10's of thousands (dare I say hundreds of thousands) including payment for future use! So P&G will settle out of court, change the picture on the diapers, and move on with life.

I'd be willing to bet it pails in comparison to the other pending suits P&G has going on at any given time. I'd be willing to bet that at any given time a company the size of P&G has at least a dozen lawsuits pending, and maybe 1 or 2 wrongful death suits per decade (from kids suffocating on plastic, to melting diapers causing burns in house fires, etc)

If their was a waiver, why the threat of a lawsuit? I met a girl when I was in college, she was still in high school who was in a Pampers ad, I said something about it only being just last week, she didn't think I was very funny.

When I was a kid, I looked at the boy on the Pampers box, and was very envious, Then I started looking at the mommies. Now I only care about what is inside the package.

He'll get compensated, prob very well I'd imagine. I don't think a company like P&G would let this case go to court, they'll prob settle out of court. As for the kid getting teased, he was 3 at the time, so I doubt there'll be much backlash, not to mention I'll bet one of the things P&G will do is discontinue that package design to prevent further royalties. Considering a one-time payment might have been in the thousands, but now a settlement may be in the 10's of thousands (dare I say hundreds of thousands) including payment for future use! So P&G will settle out of court, change the picture on the diapers, and move on with life.

I'd be willing to bet it pails in comparison to the other pending suits P&G has going on at any given time. I'd be willing to bet that at any given time a company the size of P&G has at least a dozen lawsuits pending, and maybe 1 or 2 wrongful death suits per decade (from kids suffocating on plastic, to melting diapers causing burns in house fires, etc)

Kids are cruel, no matter what the age there's always a kid out there willing to poke fun and sharpen his teeth on you. If I were him I'd simply say it was beyond my control, done without my permission and i got money because the law was broken. I'm rich and your not.. /sticks tongue out.

• Like 1

Kids are cruel, no matter what the age there's always a kid out there willing to poke fun and sharpen his teeth on you. If I were him I'd simply say it was beyond my control, done without my permission and i got money because the law was broken. I'm rich and your not.. /sticks tongue out.

The Gerber baby has been around since 1928 so he's probably literally eating baby food and wearing diapers again.

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Gerber_Baby

The Pampers baby has been out of a job for over a decade now, but they've been around since the 60's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pampers

personal expeirence here, models on any product that may be construed as embrassing or otherwise deroggatory are HIGLY paid for thier services. No im not saying what i was on, but it would be considered higly out of th ordinary in this day and age. and i was piad well for my time.

would be even funnier if depends did that with an adult.

The Gerber baby has been around since 1928 so he's probably literally eating baby food and wearing diapers again.

The Pampers baby has been out of a job for over a decade now, but they've been around since the 60's

Point of correction, the Gerber Baby was a "she" not a "he" and was on a history channel show not too long ago, didn't look like she was wearing when I watched the show, but I didn't really look! :P

I would expect that the kids on the Pampers and Huggies packages are real babies who may have been chosen as "actors" or basically for their looks more than anything else. For the Huggies Good-Nite's commercials they had a few years ago where the kids themselves were telling about how they bedwet and stuff, I would guess that those kids were actually paid "actors and actresses". Those kids probably were not bedwetters and probably didn't use the good-nites themselves but were chosen as kids with the proper looks and sincerity to be believable to other kids. I'm sure they still took a lot of teasing from friends about being "bedwetters in diapers" when the commercials came out!

It will be fascinating to follow the litigation over the model release of the baby shown on the LUVs package for several years.

As an experienced corporate litigator two situation came to mind:

1. It is entirely possible the baby in the picture is not actually the son of the woman making the claim. Any such photo would have been extensively retouched before printing. If this is the case P&G Legal Department has a paper trail with photos, model releases and contracts.

2. Because of all the sub contracts, after the photo was taken the model release and contracts were forged.

The photograph which is the starting point for the package image did not start out as any quick "snap-shot" as mentioned in the story. Clearly it was taken by professionals in a studio on large format film, probably 4x5 color reversal. Chances are strong that either the photo was taken by P&G staff or by a trusted long-time vendor. Trust me, P&G has a long history of being very careful about contracts and model releases. P&G, like all successful corporations, is a frequent target of fast-buck scams and nuisance law suits.

I would expect that the kids on the Pampers and Huggies packages are real babies who may have been chosen as "actors" or basically for their looks more than anything else. For the Huggies Good-Nite's commercials they had a few years ago where the kids themselves were telling about how they bedwet and stuff, I would guess that those kids were actually paid "actors and actresses". Those kids probably were not bedwetters and probably didn't use the good-nites themselves but were chosen as kids with the proper looks and sincerity to be believable to other kids. I'm sure they still took a lot of teasing from friends about being "bedwetters in diapers" when the commercials came out!

Hi Old Buddy Rusty Pins, before KCC's Huggies Brand started the TV commercials and print ads with older kids discussing bed wetting, they had been running the GoodNites website for a long time. Although the real names and contact information was not shown on the site, the GoodNites staff knew that data. On the site they invited parents who were interested to send in video of their kids who actually wore GoodNites. In press releases GoodNites issued at the time they assured publishers and broadcasters that they held documentation of all claims made in their print ads and TV commercials. FTC and FCC regulations require in this case that if a professional model or actor claims to wear GoodNites they actually do so. KCC has a well-respected legal department who would make very certain all the necessary data was on file to meet USA Federal and industry-standard regulations.

Angela's right ^

Even celebrities that do commercials for ads like medication, actually have to be real users of the drug and also for a period of time. I saw a show on all these different regulations the FTC and FCC have when it comes to this and other claims commercials make.

I assure you the goodnites commercials show real kids with real testimony. I'll be willing to bet the fact you're in a commercial or in an ad would out weigh the fact it was for diapers. Kids can be cruel but how many of us wanted to be on TV as a child? That'd have been cool!

• 1 year later...

Um...the Gerber baby is actually a SHE.

Point of correction, the Gerber Baby was a "she" not a "he" and was on a history channel show not too long ago, didn't look like she was wearing when I watched the show, but I didn't really look! tongue.gif

Um...the Gerber baby is actually a SHE.

Um...thanks?