LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Puff Puff Cough Quit

Just wondering if there are others here that have quit smoking and by smoking i mean cigarettes since i dont partake in other forms. Ive been smoking for 9 years and would like ot quit but i just ask for advice for myself and anyone else that may stumble on this topic about what everyones experiances quitting has been, what has worked what hasnt worked. I tried cigarrest last year DONT USE THAT PRODUCT its total crap i ended up smoking more. I think the whole thing was bunk so im looking for a different idea. Any help???

try EN JOY u can get it at a pilot truckstop they r electonic cigarettes and u can smoke any where i have gone from 2 packs a day 2 half pack a in the last six months no use when drinking alchohol been a smoker since i was 12 now 35.5 going ong 2 but baby try ing 2 quit for his babies

I have been thinking about this for the last few days, I smoke far too much,

I find that as soon as my mind is not occupied I smoke, sometimes without even thinking about it.

I have smoked for 20+ years, I have tried in the past to give up and a couple of times managed to go three months without.

Then caved in much to my digust having lasted so long, The worst ting is you have to train youreself how to smoke again after 3 months.

I think I will have another serious attempt to stop and try to complete the task this time as you get older you can feel the damage you are doing

by smoking but you tend to ignore it, the cough, the flem and not being able to taste youre food properly.

I also find that these days it's not trendy or socially acceptable to smoke, You can't do it in public places, or at work and when youre outside

having a smoke usually in the freezing cold everyone looks at you as though yer mad- maybey we are!

My main problem is I have always enjoyed smoking, so that makes it so hard to quit, But I might enlist the help of our local health services

and the discouragement of my 12 year old daughter this time.

I can extend my support to your efforts. I'm not a smoker and never was, but my parents were and both quit. There are several nicotine replacement products, medically directed programs and other methods to reduce your nicotine adiction and decouple your smoking habit. Cold turkey worked for my father, but he is unusually stubborn.

Good luck. You're doing the right thing. Not only will you be able to taste food more clearly, you will also have a little more money with which to buy diapers!

first off collegebaby i stand firmly AGAINST pot use. as for the others thank you i will look into the ideas. i have thought about the electric cigarette but arent those pricey? i have already noticed a huge degrade in my health over the last three years which is one of the factors for me doing this, the other factor being the damn government keeps upping tobacco taxes so where i may be only spent 15 bucks per week now its 30 or more per week its ridiculas.

While they aren't marketed as such, I find the electronic cig's to be a viable way. Look into the Blu cig's brand on line. A really nice product and substantially cheaper than most of the other products. You can see video's of it on YouTube. About the price of a carton of cigarettes. And as was said can be used anywhere, even on airlines.

The thing with quitting is you must really want to quit with all your heart. Perhaps talk to your doctor as there are some medications that seem to make the transition work out better. You might wanna try some of the "crazy idea's" Hypno, and even the acupuncture method as I have heard quite a few people remark on there success. Best of luck to you. I quit years ago using the patches and a willingness to do so, but unfortunately relapsed in about a year during a stressful divorce. Once again good luck on the mission, it's not going to be easy, but your body will thank you!!! :thumbsup:

Go see your doctor, I'm sure he/she will be more then willing to help you out, and show you the different types of things you can use to help you quit.

At the end of the day through, it comes down to will power, you have to want to quit real bad. I've given up twice, managed to get over the actual addiction (about a week it takes) and stop for months. I still smoke. Its such a hard habit to break. I think its time I gave it another go.

Good luck with your quitting :D

My suggestion is will power. That will be the deciding factor in your success. Just like everything else, if it's going to happen, you need to really want it. You are not a slave to a product.

I've also seen quite a few people have moderate success with Chantix. I say go to your Doctor and tell him you want to quit. More than likely he will be overjoyed, and will give more than enough info to help you succeed.

But remember, it still comes down to will power.:thumbsup:

I quit smoking back in 1970's. It was hard because a larger percnetage of the population smoked. I was dating a girl whose parents worked for Philip Morris so I didn't pay for them.

To make a long story short I quit but it was no fun. I tried cutting back but that didn't work. I wound up going "cold turkey". I climbed the walls for weeks but never looked back.

Everyone, that I know of that has manages to quit smoking, just put them down. It was no exception for my wife. She was a bitch for 3 months.

Guest refused afternoon

this has worked for me to handle the physical addiction but didnt help with the mental addiction, this might sound crazy but quit while you're sick. the usual cravings get covered up nicely by the general discomfort of being sick plus if you get lucky and get a sore throat it actually hurts slightly to smoke which will help.

plus there's the added benefit of coughing up phlegm and all the crap that should be expelled from your lungs anyway so your lungs will feel much better much quicker when you get better.

the usual weight gain is a bonus when you're really sick cause it'll help you store energy that you'll really need if it lasts more than a week and by time you detox you'll be at a normal weight.

and being sick makes it slightly more acceptable when the bitterness and short temper sets in because 1, you'll yell less because it'll hurt a little, 2, you'll have less energy to get on people's nerves with, and 3, people will be giving you distance anyway because they don't want to get sick too, 4, nyquil makes you slightly more tranquil so hopefully your nerves will be calmed a bit, and 5, it gives you an excuse to take time off work so you don't decapitate your boss.

it would be creepy to walk up to a random sick person and ask them to cough on you so if you're too impatient to wait till you're sick the normal way visit a sick friend and volunteer to help them out, (buying groceries, taking out their trash, cooking) they'll be very thankful for the help and you'd be probably the one person who wont treat them like a leper. this is cold and flu season so it's likely you'll have a few to choose from.

i was just sick for 2 weeks with a severe cough and phlegm and thankfully none of the grosser possibilities like stomach issues. i also ran out of cash to actually buy cigarettes with so that helped too.

although i did get the usual why isnt a cigarette in my hand mental addiction feeling i didnt get the omg i want to light my house on fire just to inhale the smoke type cravings or the odd feeling i get in my lungs when they beg for another one.

i messed up and bought a pack after 2 weeks free detox from god and i'm regretting it, i might actually quit for good after it's gone.

9 years of atleast 1 cigarette a day will add up and i know for us smokers the medical warnings arent really a deterrant but being able to taste the full flavor of what you're eating is a very nice incentive, when you quit take a cooking class and you'll love tasting the actual flavors of your food instead of the usual pound of salt and pepper. THE POWER OF QUICHE COMPELS YOU!

oh and another thing that helped me, switch from packs to cans of roll your owns to keep from chain smoking. (in my opinion zigzag tobacco actually tastes better than any of the usual pre-rolled blends anyway) just buy a can of tobacco, a box of filter tubes, and a roller. that way you're paying $25 for a carton's worth of cigarettes so you're saving money anyway plus you have to stop what you're doing to roll a cigarette which helps to keep you from chain smoking. just don't roll a pile of cigarettes at the beginning of the day, only roll one when you get a craving, never before.

On the roll your own thing..I've been doing it for years and recently got the Top-o-matic roller for Christmas. I had the personal hand roller (El-Ray) that I carried with a small pouch and a pack of filter tubes. I did cut back on how much I was smoking and all the extra crap that the tobacco companys added to the cigarettes was eliminated. Those Fire Safe Cigarettes are nasty..who the heck wants to inhale carpet glue?, like the tobacco and the rest of the crap isn't bad enough.

If you can't quit smoking or would like to start cutting back on what you smoke I recommend this option. I smoke Menthol and by varying which tubes and which tobacco you use, can mimic about any cigarette made out there. While still not healthy it has to be somewhat of a healthier style of smoking.

I can't believe the price varies from Ohio to Pennsylvania that much, but I can roll a pack at about $1 to make a carton $10 for me here in Ohio versus $25 quoted above. If I set down to do it ( I haven't ) I could roll a carton (200 cigs) with my new injector system in about a hour. Hand injectors are less than $10, tubes are $2-$3 a carton's worth (200), while the tobacco when bought in bulk sizes ranges about $7 for a carton's worth. A much more economic solution for a nasty freak'n habit. :thumbsup:

Guest refused afternoon

I can't believe the price varies from Ohio to Pennsylvania that much, but I can roll a pack at about $1 to make a carton $10 for me here in Ohio versus $25 quoted above. If I set down to do it ( I haven't ) I could roll a carton (200 cigs) with my new injector system in about a hour. Hand injectors are less than $10, tubes are $2-$3 a carton's worth (200), while the tobacco when bought in bulk sizes ranges about $7 for a carton's worth. A much more economic solution for a nasty freak'n habit. :thumbsup:

it used to be alot cheaper until the price for bulk tobacco literally doubled and then some due to the government (not sure if it was just this state or nation wide) being total.... yeah i wanna keep this post short so i'll try to hold back.

the price of a can used to be $9-$12 it jumped up to $24-$29 overnight which made the only store in my town that sold bulk tobacco stop carrying all forms besides pipe tobacco and tiny pouches of top (which went from $3 to $6)... due to no car i was forced to buy packs which led me to chain smoke and get way more addicted then i ever intended to, plus it was the main cause of all 3 overdrafts since i moved here.

(i just want to know how that fits with the american ideal of freedom of choice)

(i also want to know how it's legal for the government to double the original tax plus match the exact amount of the original retail price and charge that as an additional tax)

just thinking about it makes me want to burn a tree in front of the courthouse but i'm too nonviolent for that so i just smoke to relieve the stress when i think about it, which doesn't help matters much considering the cigarettes i'm forced to smoke come from the packs i was forced to buy as an alternative...

plus rolling them became part of the ritual of smoking so packs just don't satisfy me like roll your owns do.

i never paid attention to exactly how many cigarettes i rolled from each can but all things concidered it's definitely the better and cheaper option when you have the choice imo.

i was thinking about using chantix but whenever i say that i get yelled at that its a BAD idea....still going to try though :P

You also might want to check into the drug to find out what it was really marketed for...and the side effects...just to be safe, although I'm sure your doctor will discuss these issues with you, best of luck on your Mission... :thumbsup:

You also might want to check into the drug to find out what it was really marketed for...and the side effects...just to be safe, although I'm sure your doctor will discuss these issues with you, best of luck on your Mission... :thumbsup:

Very good advice repaid :DEspecially for those of us with depression issues which Chantix can aggravate :o One of my dearest friends (who like myself has a mild case of CD) used Chantix for a few months and almost quit smoking :thumbsup:He went from a pack a day to a few ciggies a day in a week before he had to stop using Chantix because it aggravated his depression :( He's back up to half a pack a day and staying there which is an improvement though not the best solution. Still, with smoking every improvement is a move in the right direction :thumbsup: Another friend quit slowly by smoking one less ciggie a day each week- things got tough near the end when she had just a few ciggies a day and had to take a few puffs and save the rest for later to keep her promise to herself to stick with it, but it worked B) I've watched a neighbor succumb to emphysema and die slowly over several years- it's a pathetic sight- and all because he smoked as much as I do. All forms of nicotine should be outlawed!!!!

The one mistake my therapist made when I had become suicidal and had quit smoking two months prior successfully was to demand that I start back to help deaden the depression to a more manageable level. I begged her not to do that because I knew that I'd play he!! quitting again if I could do it at all. I now smoke 1 1/2 packs a day, inhaling deeply and smoking them right down to the end :crybaby:I hate myself for it :bash: I cough constantly., especially when I light up yet even that is not enough to counter my physical addiction to nicotine. Having known several heroin addicts who smoked and cleaned up their addicted lives( :wub: ) I thoroughly believe them when they all told me that nicotine is as addicting as heroin and just as tough to stop :angry2:

When I do quit I'm going to need the support of everyone around me and I know I can count on everyone here to cheer me on. That's why I love being here on DD!

Bettypooh