LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do They Really Hate Their Diapers!

Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror after diapering yourself and wonder what it would be like if it was the first time you diapered yourself and it was medically necessary?

I wonder what someone my age would think if they found themselves needing diapers because of sickness or disease. I could imagine someone diapering themselves for the first time being very upset over diapers. Being humiliated, thinking that diapers are for babies or old people. But do they stop and think that yeah maybe the diapers are bulky and odd but they keep them dry and are an aid or solution to their real problem.

Would they wake up in the morning and be upset that they are laying in a wet diaper? At least they and their bed are dry and not cold and wet, they are at least warm and cozy.

I just love feeling the warm soft plastic of my diaper. Although for me it all started as a fetish, I trained myself to be diaper dependent and I wet while asleep now. When I really soak my diaper, I often find it brings a smile to my face later in the day when I realize I need diapers. The downside to this isn't so bad but at night when I'm really tired or when I'm feeling sick it's and extra step before I can just get in bed and fall asleep.

It's so odd how we perceive diapers compared to the 'normals'!

Phil

I feel that diapers provide comfort, relief and pleasurable sensations. The act of diapering is one of kindness and providing care to another or one's self. There is a reason that babies (and most of us also) smile while wearing a diaper. Typically its while relieving ones urine and/or bowel movements.

Of course, society lays on plenty of taboo and guilt to this, as well as many, many other things. This happens to children as they mature. We expect them to relinquish their infantile ways. No longer is it acceptable to have innocence and recieve care (and pleasure) as an infant matures, as it is society's way of conditioning a person to become self-sufficient.

As todays society moves out of the primitive state of existence we learn to tolerate and accept many things which previously were not acceptable. The common individual is not "all about survival of the species" any longer. Think about this...are'nt we all questioning just about everything? I do. I question why I can't openly enjoy something that gives me such a basic comfort and enjoyment. In fact, I just don't care anymore what others think - I care about how I feel.

If being infantile, acting childlike, relinquishing some of your adult cares to someone else you trust makes you happy...there is no longer any valid reason that you can't have this from life. I just love ABDL/Littles because I am one and I agree with the lifestyle.

That's my twopence. GlennDL

What has always made me curious is whether or not I will feel more embarrassed and awkward should I end up infirmed(in old age or otherwise) or less so. To be honest, it seems like the sexual element will just be salt on the wound if I'm 80 years old and I'm getting stuffed into a state-run nursing home.

• Like 1

I think the average "norm" person would feel embarassed and out of place if they had to use them for a medical condition. Over time, like you stated, they would probably see some more pro's than cons (i.e: the bed not being wet, and only the diaper.) It might take awhile to get used to, but I will never know. I've had this fetish for as long as I can remember, and although I am just like everyone else in this world as a "normal" person, I still can't think in terms of the way a normal person would without the fetish. I love my diapers and thats that. :)

I can actually answer this one:

Back in the day, I was in a D/s relationship, and as one of her punishments, she had to wear diapers (she had no idea that I was a DL.) I told her to keep a journal of how this made her feel every day, and after a week to bring it to me. When I read it, she was humiliated to go to school (with a skirt as part of the school uniform)felt like a little kid again, but felt slightly comforted as well due to the softness of the material, and no one else knew.

To her credit, she loved public humiliation, and after her punishment was over, she requested to stay in diapers, and I allowed it (why would I say no to that?!?) Once our relationship ended, we stayed friends, and she told me that she wore diapers for about another year before stopping due to another boyfriend.

How do you know you will still have sexual tendencies at the age of natural in-firmament when it is the credence of the human psyche to remove such things in ones twilight?

Based on the personal experience of working in nursing homes, many of the patients there still have a very intact set of sexual urges. Even in the throws of dementia, there would be clients which would attempt to fornicate with one another. Of course, it wasn't anywhere near the majority who did this, but it did happen more commonly than anybody who worked there would have liked. There were even policies surrounding when or when not it was appropriate to stop them. There was a release which the family could sign that more or less said that it was a-okay by them if it happened. I definitely don't recall running into a situation where somebody's family had signed one.(thankfully?)

I'm really glad that I don't work in nursing anymore.

Also, I only offered infirmament by age as a possible scenario. It's also possible that I could end up suffering from some sort of neurological disease or horrible injury in the future. While I understand that sexual dysfunction is common in SCI or things like MS, I've also read studies involving hypersexuality experienced by some patients.(citations on request) So, there's a reasonable possibility that if something bad ever happened, I could very well still have an intact sense of libido in my view of things.

And to be honest, even if my libido were to be suppressed, I still wouldn't relate to diapers in the same light that somebody who never had the fetish would. I wear them for reasons not exclusive to a strictly sexual imperative as it stands already.

I'm surprised at the negative feedback, I would think that others would have pondered the same thing once or twice. I guess I'm pretty weird like that, 23 three years old and already thinking about the end of my life.

• Like 1

Needing diapers for medical reasons can be devastating to somebody at first. Having had frequent bedwetting events I thought I would be prepared for the worst. I was partially wrong, but at least I had the supplies when I needed them. Emotionally and socially stress has been very prominent for me the past month. I thought I hit a new low when my bladder emptied onto the bathroom floor as I was getting out of the shower a few weeks ago. I've had several days when I just was leaving home I had to turn right back around and change. If I leave my home I keep the outing short. Finding clothes that can be discrete meant buying several new outfits that are a couple of sizes larger. I guess I can wear most of my clothes if I loose a few more pounds. I need to do that anyway.

If I had the choice I wouldn't wear them at all. I do know from experience now that an accident in public without diapers is much more embarrassing than wearing one. So far nobody has said anything even if they might know.

I can't speak from personal experience but knowing family who has had traumatic injury causing incontinence, diapers are not the usual first option. Typically it is the last for many. They will use catheters, clamps, even surgery to create an artificital sphincter before fully resorting to diapers. It seems the hospitals think diapers are taboo or something or by resorting to diapers, they haven't done all that they possibly could to prevent that and took the easy way out. An relative who was confined to diapers after a car accident thought it was a much relief to all the other stuff that they'd been trying and it was great to her. She would openly talk about her diapers and routine on how she went about her day. Not the least embarrassed about it, took it in stride with what happened.

My guess would be, of course there are plenty who wouldn't like diapers but it may be the best, most conforting and stress relieving option compared to a lot of other choices. It may become more of a "security blanket" then anything else they had to deal with their incontinence. It all depends on the person and the situation.

Hmm seeing as my body is chock full of medical infirmity I really don't see the big issue of medical incontinence? If I had to pick using meds for puberty or having to wear diapers, i rather have to wear diapers. If I'm gonna be incont. which I thank the good Lord I'm not, I am glad I have the fetish I do.

If I find myself at an old age in a nursing home and if I no longer had sexual desires, I'm sure I would still want to be diapered. I trained myself to be diaper dependent so I would at least need to be toilet trained again for night time and I'm not interested in doing this.

As I get older if I'm ever discovered that I need diapers, it will be easier to be accepted that I have a real need. More so than a fetish I like and choose to be diaper dependent at night since I hate getting up 2 or 3 times a night to run to the porcelain king!

If I'm ever in the hospital and conscious and they want to put in an internal catheter I would say no, just put on a diaper.

I would think that if someone started to wet themselves before they get their Doctor appointment they can run out to just about any store to get diapers for instant relief.

Phil

Growing up wearing diapers long after I was toilet trained never embarrassed me. By the time I reverted to bedwetting at puberty I simply considered diapers less convenient undies.

The summer I started law school I lost all my daytime bladder control. Five years later, when I was an associate attorney with my law firm, all the effort and planning necessary by my diapers, started depressing me. For months I resented the money I needed to spend on diapers. It all seemed so unfair. Meanwhile my youngest sister Missy had delivered her daughter. Missy was regaining her normal sensational figure. She had it all, baby daughter, loving husband and the career of her dreams, yet Missy has less bladder control than me.

Eventually I asked Missy how come she was not bugged by her diapers. That was Late September 1990. Missy showed me an article about adult babies willing to buy wetting lessons to justify their diapers! The fact that so many wonderful people enjoy diapers made me happy. Once I accepted AB as a coping strategy, I understood I could have some diaper fun without being weird.

Since I needed to see urologists routinely I have been communicating in-person and by letters with other incontinent people of all ages. Nearly all go through periods of resenting what ever method they use to manage wetting. Probably those who can use and accept diapers are the least frustrated. Of course hardly all incontinent people use ABDL. Do what it takes to get through the day.

Would they wake up in the morning and be upset that they are laying in a wet diaper? At least they and their bed are dry and not cold and wet, they are at least warm and cozy.

Phil

What nappies do you use? Everytime I've tried sleeping in anything but cloth nappies with plastic pants, me, my nappy and my bed are all wet through! :angry:

p.s the large blue font hurts my little eyes! :(

How do you know you will still have sexual tendencies at the age of natural in-firmament when it is the credence of the human psyche to remove such things in ones twilight?

My father-in-law is 82 and would still quite happily get his "leg-over" whenever he could! (just wish he hadn't thought is necessary to share that info! how does one clean ones brain?!?)

From what I can tell by meeting very few toddlers, their goal in life is to be grown up and self directing. They even measure it by 1/2 years. i.e. "I'm 2 and 1/2" or "I'm 3 and 1/2". Maybe this idea carries with us thru all of our lives. If you don't believe me try calling a 2 and 1/2 year old a "baby". They will be insulted.

This lifelong persuit of the idea of being grown up is why diapers on babies are accepted, on the infirm are tolerated, on anyone else are shunned. Diapers are the essence of being dependent and not having control of ones life.

I think that given the option 99.9999999% of incontinent people would rather be continent.

Anondl

Frogboy,

I too never thought anything but cloth could be used at night. When I started my diaper training I only wore cloth for two years.

I use Tranquility ATN's, along with a Huggies Size 5 Overnite as a stuffer that has 4 slits in the front and back. The Huggies are the key, they are so absorbent it's amazing! The other key is proper diapering, I diaper myself tightly and flip the front leg part in to prevent wicking.

Of course leaking does happen sometimes, just small leaks but it's rare. I always have a bed protector in use. When I get up I put on plastic pants so I can continue to wear them for at least two more hours. This is to sit and eat breakfast and sit at my computer. When I finally get ready in the bathroom {shaving, brushing teeth, etc.} I continue to wet and really need diapers at that point.

Phil

What nappies do you use? Everytime I've tried sleeping in anything but cloth nappies with plastic pants, me, my nappy and my bed are all wet through! :angry:

p.s the large blue font hurts my little eyes! :(

My father-in-law is 82 and would still quite happily get his "leg-over" whenever he could! (just wish he hadn't thought is necessary to share that info! how does one clean ones brain?!?)

I was thinking about this earlier today. After celebrating the New Year last night, I went to bed in a fresh diaper and when I woke up, I had on a very wet, very messy diaper (no leaks, thank goodness, but the smell was something fierce and I ended up changing my sheets and spraying some Lysol just to be safe). Now, I'm not by any means diaper-dependent, but I feel some sympathy for those who are. I can only imagine what it's like to wake up every morning in that kind of a situation, or even to go through each day without any control over one's bowels and bladder. Reading some of Angela Bauer's posts about her life and family history have given me some perspective on the matter, and I would imagine that the fact that one wears diapers or some other form of protection is something to be either taken in stride with one's life or viewed with shame, when you get right down to it.

The idea of control is an important one in modern society and culture, especially as a mark of maturity. We say that teenagers who get drunk and act recklessly are "out of control" and sometimes find it hard to deal with things that are "beyond our control." Naturally, being incontinent or finding pleasure in wearing and using diapers would seem, to a more mainstream perspective, to fall into the same category. It wouldn't be something chosen, but inflicted, like an illness or mental disorder, and to that end, there will always be some stigma associated to the wearing of diapers beyond infancy and prior to old age, as anondl pointed out earlier.

JDL,

The smell is from a bowel movement. I wonder how many actually have bowel incontinence? I have to admit since I self induced urinary incontinence at night, it would be fun to wake up some morning and find that I had a bowel movement. However because of the mess and smell, bowel incontinence isn't something I want like urinary incontinence.

Makes me wonder, disposable diapers just aren't made for bowel incontinence. I would think just like the reservoir of a condom, a diaper should have the back of the diaper that will be like a reservoir, or just baggier to contain movements.

Phil

...I went to bed in a fresh diaper and when I woke up, I had on a very wet, very messy diaper (no leaks, thank goodness, but the smell was something fierce and I ended up changing my sheets and spraying some Lysol just to be safe)...

Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror after diapering yourself and wonder what it would be like if it was the first time you diapered yourself and it was medically necessary?

I wonder what someone my age would think if they found themselves needing diapers because of sickness or disease. I could imagine someone diapering themselves for the first time being very upset over diapers. Being humiliated, thinking that diapers are for babies or old people. But do they stop and think that yeah maybe the diapers are bulky and odd but they keep them dry and are an aid or solution to their real problem.

Well, I can definitely say ... You get over it!!!

I have my good days and my bad days. There are days, like today, where I have to pee just about every hour of the day, and others where I can go a full 8 hour shift without needing to go. I've noticed more and more frequently I'll have a bit of anal leakage, and that drives me INSANE! It's like that little amount of poo that causes irritation and can cause diaper rash, and I can't help but to reach back and stick my finger where it is, and then I wind up with a pooey finger....gah....going to the bathroom at work to wipe doesn't always solve the problem because unlike my home, they don't have wipes, and I just wind up with paper residue and a still-not-clean butt. It still drives me nuts when wearing a diaper, but at least I have something immediate to wipe my finger on *blushes* and I don't have to run to the bathroom all the time, which I need to notify the manager each and every time by the way, because I'm wearing the bathroom.

There have been times when the diaper wouldn't last until my lunch break or end of my shift, and I'd use the back of the diaper to wipe my crotch as well as I could, and just deal with using the bathroom until I'd have a chance to go home, which I don't really like doing but don't want to bring a suspicious bag into work with me then have to retrieve said bag and walk into the bathroom with said bag. The break room, where jackets and stuff are kept, and the bathroom, which is magnetically locked and unlocked with a keypad code, are at opposite ends of the store.

My life might be a bit easier if I told my managers that I have a form of incontinence, but I'm afraid of what their reactions might be. Someone, somewhere down the line, might want me to see a doctor about it, and the last time I saw any doctor, I was told stuff I already knew and prescribed something I could get over the counter and charged $700, and the appointment lasted about 15 minutes.

Edit: Sorry, I kinda trailed off the subject a little, but what I was saying, in short, it's better to live with diapers than without if you need them. You may feel ashamed about it, or maybe in denial of really needing them, but it's really nothing to be ashamed of. It's your body, and diapers are your security. Live with it. Learn to love it.

Thanks Knuxie Fawks, I'm glad you expanded this.

I have to urinate so many times too, at certain parts of the days in can be a number of times in an hour. One of those times is in the morning so I just keep my night time diaper on. During the day I always worry when I need to be away from a toilet for any length of time, so for those times I wear a diaper.

I'm unemployed right now, 1 1/2 years of unemployment! At my last job, the bathroom was in the hallway, it was embarrassing how many times the Receptionist would see me going to the bathroom. Side tracking here, they were cute, I was hoping one would offer to diaper me! One day I was walking out with a lady, she had a plastic shopping bag with her that was rustling. The Receptionist commented to her "what's that sound, it sounds like a diaper", the lady commented, "oh that's the bag, they don't make diapers with plastic anymore."

Anyway, during the day I have at least a Depend Guard on since I drip a lot after urinating and I have up to 5 streams and one sometimes at a 90 degree angle, so at home I sit to urinate.

For 26 years now I've been using wipes after a bowel movement, I don't understand how anyone can consider themselves clean with just toilet paper! Lately cleaning myself has taken so long even with cleaning solutions and wipes. So I've started to use this device I bought years ago, it's the Clen Zone. Basically it's a portable version of a bidet.

With IBS and urinary dripping for me it's so much practical to just wear a pull up. Since I wear diapers to bed and keep it on in the morning I spend 1/3 to close to half of my day diapered. I'm hoping some day to just be diapered 24/7.

Phil

Lot of incontinent people don't like their diapers. Check out the community board at depend.com. But I doubt they are all that negative and negative against other incontinents who have actually gotten used to their diapers or learned to like them or have found someone who accepts their condition and changes them so they aren't always doing it.

I hate wearing glasses but that doesn't mean that everyone else does. The reason I don't wear contacts is complicated.

FYI, don't get your eyes checked at Walmart.

Need to get the perscription fixed for the second time and am going to get different frames since the rubber part that goes behind your ear is square. And one of the corners of the square is against my skull. And it is painfull! I can feel a dent on the side of my head. Whoever designsd these needs to be fired. Didn't know they would be like that when I picked them out since I am not used to the ends being SQUARE with CORNERS that will go into your skull! Plus they aren't adjusted when you pick them out so you don't truely know how they will fit. I am used to the ends being flat with NO edges.

That is my rant for the day.

I hate wearing glasses but that doesn't mean that everyone else does. The reason I don't wear contacts is complicated.

FYI, don't get your eyes checked at Walmart.

Need to get the perscription fixed for the second time and am going to get different frames since the rubber part that goes behind your ear is square. And one of the corners of the square is against my skull. And it is painfull! I can feel a dent on the side of my head. Whoever designsd these needs to be fired. Didn't know they would be like that when I picked them out since I am not used to the ends being SQUARE with CORNERS that will go into your skull! Plus they aren't adjusted when you pick them out so you don't truely know how they will fit. I am used to the ends being flat with NO edges.

That is my rant for the day.

I hate my glasses too, heck i ahte my body, doesn't mean i hate other peoples bodies..:lol: People can make the best or worst of any suituation. I think the people on the depends boards ahte theirs because they use friggin depends. I'd cry too if i was stuck in those all the time.

..... I think the people on the depends boards hate theirs because they use friggin depends. I'd cry too if i was stuck in those all the time.

:lol::roflmao::P It's just like normal advertising to call something so undependable "Depends"!

And yes- if you check out incontinence forums you find a huge number of people who hate their diapers, but when the other alternatives won't work (and there's many reasons that happens) then diapers are the only alternative- so you go with them because it's better than wetting yourself and everything around you :crybaby: It's no different than needing a cane or walker to move around except that nobody needs to see your diapers :mellow: The real problem is in the social expectations that "adults aren't supposed to wear diapers" :( Social constructs like this suck :bash:

People are people and some people need things to make their life easier- so get over it! They're still the same people inside that body and that's what we should be paying attention to- not their underwear ;)

Bettypooh

Lot of incontinent people don't like their diapers. Check out the community board at depend.com. But I doubt they are all that negative and negative against other incontinents who have actually gotten used to their diapers or learned to like them or have found someone who accepts their condition and changes them so they aren't always doing it.

... and for years, I hated my glasses too. Always getting wet in the rain, fogging when I'd come inside from the snow, how they kept me out of flight school in the USAF. I could rant on, but why? It won't change anything, but LASIK did. Now I have tried several "cures" for my IC, and none of them has worked completely. Some were rather painful as well, and the side effects of others were worse then wearing diapers. Diapers are just like my glasses- something I need in order to get by- except that I never forget where I keep my diapers. :)

A lot of the dislike on Depend Forum has to do with the perception of people around us and how they respond to our condition. Like my Dr who keeps trying to push new prescriptions on to me because my clothing is "not normal". Or my wife who has been very supportive yet still says some very awkward things at times.