LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Mythbuster Dec 28

I see that tonight's Mythbusters (Dec 28, 2009, 9pm eastern) will be investigating the myth about making a sleeping person wet the bed if their hand is placed in warm water.

It should be interesting...

Has anyone done this first hand?? I'll wet the bed anyway without a dipe on, but I was always curious about this one.

Guest Baby-Toa

I see that tonight's Mythbusters (Dec 28, 2009, 9pm eastern) will be investigating the myth about making a sleeping person wet the bed if their hand is placed in warm water.

It should be interesting...

Has anyone done this first hand?? I'll wet the bed anyway without a dipe on, but I was always curious about this one.

I have and it depends on the person >.>

T.T i'm gonna miss it since I have no cable to watch it.

Heh this is on the DVR so I had a skim through. Spoilers follow :P

Basically, they failed to achieve any form of involuntary sheet dampening. Jamie just couldn't fall asleep, Adam fell asleep with his hands in an awkward position and they could only sprinkle water over his hands, which woke him up and with the last poor sap they tested it on, everything went right but the only bedwetting that happened was down to spilling the water in the bowl.

mythbusters_busted..png

That said, they only spent about 10 minutes on this myth and they didn't do a very thorough job on it. For example, adult brains and bladders are going to be more developed than your average kid's and they only really got one good attempt. What would happen if they tried it on somebody younger or who was already prone to occasional bedwetting. But neither of those are things they could really do on TV, I suppose.

Heh this is on the DVR so I had a skim through. Spoilers follow :P

Basically, they failed to achieve any form of involuntary sheet dampening. Jamie just couldn't fall asleep, Adam fell asleep with his hands in an awkward position and they could only sprinkle water over his hands, which woke him up and with the last poor sap they tested it on, everything went right but the only bedwetting that happened was down to spilling the water in the bowl.

mythbusters_busted..png

That said, they only spent about 10 minutes on this myth and they didn't do a very thorough job on it. For example, adult brains and bladders are going to be more developed than your average kid's and they only really got one good attempt. What would happen if they tried it on somebody younger or who was already prone to occasional bedwetting. But neither of those are things they could really do on TV, I suppose.

I agree that they didn't do a very thorough job on this myth (or any other in that particular episode), which is very unusual for them. They normally overkill the myths, and try to replicate the results (in this case make someone involuntarily wet the bed- which of course wouldn't have been ethical, but might have gotten OUR attention). I probably would be like Jamie, and wouldn't be able to reach stage 2 sleep.

BTW, did you see in the episode that Adam was the kid in the old Charmin commercials?

Causing one to sleepwet by placing their hand in warm water is possible, but it needs a very specific set of circumstances to occur.

1- The person must be in REM sleep - the stage when the bladder sphincter is relaxed and the external sphincter is closed.

2- The person must be comfortable and the ambient temperature must not be above the persons natural comfortable temperature - ie 20 - 25 degrees C.

3- The water temperature must be slightly higher (less than one degree higher) then the persons body temperature otherwise the temperature change will cause the person to wake.

4- The person must not have passed puberty. The physical change in the body prevents the relaxing motion of the skin cells affecting the external sphincter.

5- The toilet training methodology used must be conducive to this trigger.

To explain the reasons for this, it is required one understands the two methodologies used to toilet train a child.

A chronolgical baby wets in its sleep, and continues to do so due to no adverse effecs from the action. Once toilet training has begun, the 'cause and effect' allows the baby to become continent during the night. That is, if he/she wets while asleep and wakes him/herself due to the act of wetting, the next time, the body will wake him/her before the act. If however, a baby/child is diapered overnight, he/she will find it difficult trying to master overnight control, and daytime control will be hit and miss also. It is not saying that daytime control will not be learnt, but it will be a lot more of a traumatic event for the child, and will also take longer to achieve consistant and reliable control.

The correct way to train a child is to wait until the child shows signs of being aware of its voiding habits, strongly suggest to the child to use the potty, and then replace its diapers with cloth training pants. The first day when the child wets its pants, the cause/effect will teach it to use the potty. That night, despite the fact that the child will sleepwet, do not diaper the child. The next day, the child will get to the potty 90% of the time, and the next night, will be 90% trained. Within the week, the child will be fully toilet trained. If the child is part diapered (diapered at night with trainers / pull ups during the day) any mistake with control is not enforced, so the training time is increased ten fold. That will mean that in extreme cases, it can take up to two months to toilet train the child.

Anytime between the two month and before puberty, it will be possible to get this child to sleepwet using the hand/warm water, but this will only happen once. However, the child that was trained within the week will never sleepwet using this trigger.

There is a consensus that the AB group are part of those whom toilet training was an ordeal. For most, the transition from the security of diapers to the self control of continence can be traumatic, but it this event took place over one or two days, it would easily be lost in the history of ones life. It, however, it took place over a couple of weeks, the protections of ones mind can hide the trauma from itself. In this case, the security of night diapers when the association of parental love and comfort and security of ones crib coupled with the diapers and the night time bottle can be a strong trigger to try and regain this 'comfort' in later life, yet the defence of ones mind to surpress the daytime trauma causes the AB to be an AB yet be unaware of the core reason behind the emotions, and still look for some form of the trauma within their life.

I have yet to meet an AB that does not, in one part of their life, want to be a infant requiring the nuturing from a parental figure coupled with acting out as a naughty child requiring disipline for their actions. A lot of ABs try to deny one side of their life for fear of reopening what they have supressed. A 'naughty child' will get corrected instantly for misbehaviour, and the message is simple - do this and you will get spanked etc. This is a conflict that started during the toilet training stage of their life i.e. 'do not wet/mess your pants during these times, but you can, and it is expected you do between these times'

In relation to this program, and the possibility of televising and possibly 'Busting the Myth' or proving the myth, in simple terms, this is only possible if the subject is a sleeping child, and since to do such would be classed as abuse, I sincerely doubt that anyone who succeeded in doing this to another would publish the facts.

Medical experiments have been attemped with every age group with written consent from the parents of the subjects with unreliable and unrepeatable results. The reason that the results are unrepeatable is that the body learns its failings and adjusts its control accordingly.

Medical experiments have been attemped with every age group with written consent from the parents of the subjects with unreliable and unrepeatable results. The reason that the results are unrepeatable is that the body learns its failings and adjusts its control accordingly.

What kind of assholes sign their kids up for that?

I was really disappointed to see that the "wet spot" was just spilled water, all though the "spill" by the bowl and the stain under the guy weren't connected to each other, there was a clear dry spot between them! Man how embarrassing for that guy.