LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Softest Diapers?

newnecros

Whats the softest DISPOSABLE diapers you guys have worn. Im talking about the stuff thats next to your skin, not the plastic.

I think Secure X or Attends would win the Softest disposable in my estimation. THose Secure X are nice diapers. I don't use them a lot, but have tried them, and they are great.

Whats the softest DISPOSABLE diapers you guys have worn. Im talking about the stuff thats next to your skin, not the plastic.

Medline--makers of Molicare--makes a diaper called "Ultrasoft." I've never used them, but the name sounds promising.

But in my personal experience, I think the softest diapers are Attends. They're sure not the most absorbent, but they are very comfortable.

-RMS

Softest I would say are the Attends Extended wear with the "cloth like" outer cover. I have never seen these for retail, only time I ever get them is as a product sample from the company. However, I'm sure you could get them online if you looked around.

thanks for the replies. I have only tried: secure x-plus, abena's, depends, attends 10's, and molicare. I havent tried the secure x-plus in a while or bought premium diapers in a while, and was gona treat myself to some nice diapers this christmas. Was just wondering what the "softest" diapers were, cause my last abena's worked great, but werent that soft.

I have to say the old style Attends, 6 tapes were pretty soft. As mentioned above, the absorbancy is not the best anymore.

As for the extended wears, I have a couple in my stash I received as samples but have yetto try them. They are very soft as mentioned and fairly thick too. Again, they have the cloth outer and velcro tabs.

You can also find some retail brands as well as generics that have real soft insides.

Tena also have cloth like feel to the inside of their diapers. The only downside to them no is the velcro tabs.

I don't really like any disposable diapers for their softness (I prefer cloth) but I do like the convenience of disposable--and since I was raised on disposables I still like using them. I think the softest ones are the Abena Air Plus diapers. The ones with the cloth backing. They don't feel so good after you wet them but they stay comfortable when dry for a long time. Use some of their Abri Let-Maxi inserts for the best feel-soft and thick! And I think the tapes on the cloth-backed ones last the longest. But when I'm using a plastic backed disposable I like putting a cloth toddler-size prefold insert into them for extra absorbency and comfort. I think Abri Form X-Plus is the best one but I've been using Bambino's for their babyish look lately <_<

My softest diapers are the ones made of gauze. As soaker for those I use ordinary Gerber Birdseye baby pre-folds. Those stay soft and fluffy after a lot of washing cycles. The great part about flat gauze diapers is that they continuoulsy get softer and more absorbent. For that reason I find ways to keep on using veteran gauze diapers even when they are falling apart.

The first time I wore any disposable was an Attends in August 1981. Over the past 28+ years there have been changes to Attends. For example now the Attends classic poly plastic diaper is called Youth Brief, but is exactly the same size (with the same product code BRCL1000) as the Attends Small I bought in 1981. However, the inner layer does help with the feel dry sensation, and those now have some SAP gel for increased capacity. They retain enough fluff to deal with spurts of wetting. My opinion is Youth does not look or feel babyish. This is okay for me because only pinned gauze diapers put me into my AB fantasy. To me the Attends Breathable EA Small is equally soft as the Youth, yet the feel of the inner liner is not exactly the same. I only wear Breathable when I am awake and moving around. I wear Youth if I must use a disposable in bed. Neither irritates my skin.

The actually softest disposable for me is the Pampers Cruisers. Of course those are too small for me to wear conventionally. Most days all I need is a slip-in pad. Since the Size 4 Cruisers reached the market those, with minor modification, work marvelously as my slip-in pads. Modification consists of cutting away the side wings and outer leg gathers, plus removal of the elastic thread on the inner gathers. The inner layer of Cruisers is very soft, almost as soft as gauze.

• 4 weeks later...

Attends and bambino. Secure are also very soft.

Powder makes a major difference, let's not forget. Good powder can be the difference between itching and sweating and being heavenly comfortable for many hours

• 3 years later...

I always used to find the old attends classic the softest on my skin. The plastic lining was quite slick. In cooler months the plastic was ever so slightly 'tacky' or sticky , so was comfortable to wear next to the skin.

I honestly don't think any of the current disposables come close to the softness of cotton gauze or twill cloth diapers, but looking at strictly disposables, the older Attends from the early 1990's were quite soft, so are the Japanese "Attendo" brand adult diapers(blue package). Unfolding a new disposable and rubbing the inside against itself can sort of decompress them and make them much more soft and fluffy.