LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Great Way To Control Odor......

One of the biggest issues a diaper wearer faces is odor. My Urologist suggested something that works VERY well, and what she suggested is to rub your deoderant when you are changing all over the outside of your diaper. In my case it works very well, yes, I still use a small amount of "shower to shower" powder but that is for the inside.

Just my 2 cents.

Change the diaper! Adding perfume to stench still leaves stench.

Avoid soda pop and beer. They make the urine smell stronger. If you are a diabetic, and have sugar in your urine, it is a double whammy. Sugar feeds the bacteria.

Sometimes I wake up and my wife is changing me because she smells it before I feel it.

My vote for the best answer is here :Crylol:

Strong urine odor from a healthy body is a sign that you're asking your kidneys to deal with something they weren't really meant to handle :( Outside of aging every pain, twitch, ache, itch, smell, or sensation is your body trying to tell you something- and if you want good health you'll listen to it B) The closer to natural you stay with the things you put in your body, the healthier you'll be- that's how it was designed to work B) Just because it doesn't adversely affect you immediately doesn't mean it's good for you ;)

Bettypooh

There can also be something with the diapers. I am in excellent health and generally stay hydrated to the point of totally clear urine. Even so, my night diapers can get pretty noxious in the morning, but that's because we don't use any bleach on them. I also found that a product called 'sol-u-mel' worked great without damaging the fabric, but I can't get it easily now.

A small amount of bleach can help kill germs without destroying the diapers, but I'm talking a tablespoon per wash. After all, it doesn't make socks dissolve overnight. :/

I always found that vinegar just made them smell different, not better.

Peroxide would cause the same sort of damage that bleach causes, if enough is used to do the work, or so it seems to me. (On a side note, it works as an antiseptic for me without any side effects, but my wife's skin lightens even more than it is when she uses it, almost 'goth' white.)

Guest LOSTinDiapers

I have never tried this, but I heard that taking chlorophyll tablets can eliminate most bodily odors.

Other than that, it would probably be a good idea to change your dirty diaper if it smells. After all, it smells because of the bacteria that is growing in it.

I know of another good way to control odor in your trash area. wrap the wet or soiled diaper in a plastic bag this helps keep and trash odors down. unless you have a diaper pal like i do at home that seals in odors and traps them in a sented filter thing.

and drink only water, 100 fruit juice, or milk. not soda, or fake juice, these things are not good for the body and also they make your pee have a rich smell to it.