LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Do Molicares Have To Be Purple?

Guest diaperguy68

Guest diaperguy68

this may contradict my other thread about colored diapers but why is it that molicares are purple?

if these diapers were 100% white they would be my favorite. dont get me wrong colored diapers are cool... and are hot in their own way. but white diapers are and probably will always be my favorite color because thats the color of diapers when i was young.

i read their is a correlation between the type of diaper you have a fetish for now and the type you were raised in. i.e. cloth diaper fetishists typically were brought up in cloth diapers whereas us disposable diaper fetishists were raised in disposables

I don't think any law says they must be purple, but molicare as well as most other brands are not made for fetichists to enjoy, they are made for more "professional"/institution use, and in that sense a colourcode for abosrbansy together with a size code is relatively common. It makes it easier to pick the right product fast especially when there are more on the shelf to choose from. Both Tena and Molicare have purple as code for maximum absorbansy and blue as minimal, Tena have a size between those, a middle absorbansy whick is green.

So it doesn't have to be purple, and is not always, but the purple one is purple because it's the colour they chose for max absorbansy. It is not because someone sat down and thought wow, the users will probably like some sort of colour, lets make spend extra resources producing it and make it purple for their joy, I do infact believe that they would prefer to make it all white without text or colour on it, beause that would save money during manufacturing, but the market must prefer it the other way.

this may contradict my other thread about colored diapers but why is it that molicares are purple?

if these diapers were 100% white they would be my favorite. dont get me wrong colored diapers are cool... and are hot in their own way. but white diapers are and probably will always be my favorite color because thats the color of diapers when i was young.

i read their is a correlation between the type of diaper you have a fetish for now and the type you were raised in. i.e. cloth diaper fetishists typically were brought up in cloth diapers whereas us disposable diaper fetishists were raised in disposables

I always thought the purple was an effort to disguise the color of whatever ends up in your diaper. If you notice, with a white diaper you can see that it is yellow or whatever, but in the purple molicare, it's just purple, but obviously wet. Kind of like an added discreetness, you know?

there has never been any study done to show a correlation between the type of diapers you were raised in the type you like to wear. It may seem as if there is one based on those who post, but even those who post are most likely not a true representative sample of the 10,000 + members here.

I know I always thought of them as cute too. When I got to try them some 15 years or so. I thought of them more like the colored diapers out there for boys and girls. Another reason they might do colors is to differentiate them from baby diapers. Which generally are all white. As adult underwear comes in a variety of colors, perhaps a thought was given to their product to follow such a idea. There are quite a few brands as were mentioned that come in colors and it does tend to follow that trend of capacity.

Another fun fact is even Molicares in purple vary. The smalls are very purple, but the color tends to fade out the bigger in size they get. I have seen mediums side by side with my smalls and mine are VERY purple where as the Medium is more Lilac. Never checked that in the Classics with the blue. I have been asked several times by people in the medical field what brand I was wearing as they had never seen such a product that well made, double tapes and thickness and all. I have seen some pictures of older Molicares and they were indeed made in white before my time, or perhaps marketed in another country in white, not sure. I still stick with my Moli's purple or not...99% of people I know that know I wear couldn't tell ya what color mine are anyway!:whistling:

Maybe it's so when people see your diaper sticking out the back of your jeans when your out shopping, they will think it's just underpants since it's purple and not white!

Didn't I just say that???:P

I've had friends and family work in the medical field and nursing homes. From what they tell me, in general the diapers they have are simply color coded according to size so like others have said, right away you know what size it is by the color. In molicares case, it could be for sizing purposes and absorbency as the shade of purple varies with size too. Manufactures all have their reasons for it not to mention purple in the molicares is recognizable to some incontinent people and also people here that, ohh, purple diaper, must be molicare so it's also probably a marketing tool also. Purple = Molicare = Good diaper.

Keep in mind, in a nursing home or similar, the staff just has to know to replace the diaper they take off with the same color. This way they don't have to have everyones size memorized or mix up and grab the wrong one and waste it. Much easier on the staff. It's probably cheaper to use a different color plastic then it would be to print S, M, L on the cover too.

To me the reasons are as follows:

1. Sizing information

2. Brand Recognition

3. Cost over printing sizes/absorbency on diaper

4. More discrete???

5. Doesn't show yellow spots???

I think the purples kinda sexy anyway.

Purple is my favourite colour,

why do I not have molicares?

Because they're pricey? Granted, they're less expensive in Europe than they are in the Americas, but still up there in price. As for the Molis, the all-purple ones are actually the classic variety. The new variety are mostly white, with breathable sides, and, frankly, suck compared to the classics. They just don't look or feel right. Abenas are better, anyhow.

Abenas are better, anyhow.

Depends on what we are talking about. Absorbency? Yeah. Fit? No way! I don't think I've ever worn a diaper that fit better than a molicare. They are super snug and ergonomic. Abena's are all over the place and cut into my stomach when I'm sitting down.

That being said, I wear Abenas most often on account of price. Abena Extra being my fave.

hot pink

Would be awesome!

Depends on what we are talking about. Absorbency? Yeah. Fit? No way! I don't think I've ever worn a diaper that fit better than a molicare. They are super snug and ergonomic. Abena's are all over the place and cut into my stomach when I'm sitting down.

I guess they fit some bodies better than others; Abenas fit me quite well. I don't like the new Molies because they have 'breathable side panels' (read as "they leak at the sides").

I guess they fit some bodies better than others; Abenas fit me quite well. I don't like the new Molies because they have 'breathable side panels' (read as "they leak at the sides").

I thought that was only the t-shape that had breathable side panels. Aren't the super plus still full plastic?

I find if you're getting wee there, its gonna leak anyway :/ nothing to soak it up (or actually the cloth sides might be better in this respect?)

But yea, I find abenas fit really well (not that i've tried molicares... yet)

Okay, I guess I should clarify: it's not so much that they leak at the sides, but let out moisture, which I suppose is fine if you're just wearing them by themselves, but makes a pair of plastic pants all damp and icky on the inside if you were them overtop. :( 'Course, they're not even cloth-like like panels, but kind of a perforated plastic material, so I don't think they would help at all with any side leakage.