LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The New Ab Universe Single Tape Diapers

Buster

I just received my package of the new single tape diapers from AB Universe and couldn't wait to get home from class today and try them on. Like the original ones, they are light weight - definately not an overnight diaper - but they are perfect for day time use where you don't want to advertise to the world that you are wearing your diapers. Being tired after class, i put on the first one and curled up with teddy for a nap. They feel and look wonderful, and without that second tape on the bottom of the diaper, they don't pinch your legs like the two tape diapers sometimes do. And i really like the look, they look just like baby diapers. Anyone else tried them yet?

is it just one very large tape ? i mean is it proportionate for an adult? whats the website do they have a pic up? i'm wondering what an adult diaper with just one tape looks like proportionally....

is it just one very large tape ? i mean is it proportionate for an adult? whats the website do they have a pic up? i'm wondering what an adult diaper with just one tape looks like proportionally....

Yup, it is one large tape and seems to be the right size for an adult diaper. Been wearing this one size my nap this afternoon and the tapes work great.

As far back as I can remember people too big for actual baby disposables have been hoping for adult disposables with just one tape per side.

Bambino made adult diapers with decorations popular. By all accounts Bambino has managed to make customers within the USA happy with their products and service from the get-go. Probably already being in the adult diaper manufacturing business gave Bambino a head start. Bambino realized that slender men and women also wet, so they started making Adult Small. Those are swell, but still have more than one tape per side.

The first time I bought AB Universe disposables early in 2008 I loved the feel of them despite the fact the smallest ABU is Adult Medium which is so large on me the tapes meet in the center and the leg hole do not seal well on me. Sure ABU has often been out of stock. The good news is I have received a shipment of the new single tape Medium. Yes those are over-size on me, but I make them work.

When I am worried about leaking I can always put on an Attends Youth Brief, which I can decorate using stickers. I can wear Bambino Classico Small. Normally what helps my AB fantasy are my pinned gauze diapers which do not leak inside the right vinyl panties. Yesterday it was super hot and humid here in Los Angeles. Frankly I did not care if the ABU diapers would leak. I was outside on the patio on a plastic lounge. The ventilation of the ABU leg holes was so comfy and refreshing.

What a wonderful world for ABDL. We have a selection of brands, styles and sizes. Life is good!

Yesterday it was super hot and humid here in Los Angeles. Frankly I did not care if the ABU diapers would leak. I was outside on the patio on a plastic lounge. The ventilation of the ABU leg holes was so comfy and refreshing.

and yes it was HOT and miserable yesterday....I had to work and was sweating like a pig, I cannot imagine having to go around with a piece of plastic wrapped around my behind all day, talk about misery! :(

can i come live with either of you two... it's cold wet and rainy here in england and i want to be somewhere warm. and we cant get the ABU diapers here! :(

froggie

xx

Like Sarah said, what's the website? A link would be appreciated.

They just do not look durable to me at all - and in the past when I have tried them they are not as absorbent as they should be for the price. But, its a nice thought for those who want a one tape diaper - just don't know about it because of the high price and less absorbency compared to other 'premium' briefs that are actually cheaper.

the super dry kids diapers are absolutely perfect. they can even have an added scent which is also pretty nice. the tapes hold ALOT better than the other diapers i tried from abuniverse.com. they are pretty darn pricey but totally worth it. i ordered about 40. they hold a surprising amount for thier size as well. definitely recommend them

How about a picture other than the one posted on the web site? It doesn't really show off the diaper too well. Id like to see pictures with the diaper Opened up and laid out flat. Front and back....and also maybe a shot of how it fits on someone.

It would be interesting to know how much it really cost to make these or any diaper for that matter. It would also be interesting to know how much of a profit bambino and abu are making off of all of us who buy from them. As far as resetting the machines and whatnot to make a different batch like the one tape, I'm sure it doesn't take too much, no different than any other diaper. The company who makes these probably makes them for a dozen other companies and resets every time for them too. I was in retail before and companies like say a general mills will set up and run a line of hamburger helper of one kind, make a large batch, then set up for another flavor and so on. Similarily, the diaper machines are probably the same as they cost a lot but are adaptable to a customers needs. Really, no mre is going into it than if they were running the regular abu's with two tabs, they'd have to set up for this too. It's not one machine sitting on standby pumping out only abu's diapers. Watch shows like "How's it Made" and you can see how certain companies adapt there machines to a customers needs and run a line of them like the envelope episode. So with that, it really comes down to a designers coming up with a product and the machines capabilities.

It probably is quite expensive for ABU, because as far as I know they are the only ones making that type of diaper. It's like having a t-shirt place make a few t-shirts for your next family reunion. They would cost you $20 per shirt but if you make, 10,000 shirts of the same kind then you would probably pay $4 a shirt. The thing with Bambinos is (I'm convinced) that they are made by the same company that makes Secure X-Plus, which help them keep there cost lower because they make thousands of diapers at a time (2 different brands same manufactor). That's why Depends, Attends, some Tena products, are so cheep, some to do with the quality of the product but alot to do with the mass production, because you can find them in almost every store and I would guess that alot of the incontient people out there will buy cheep.

It would be interesting to know how much it really cost to make these or any diaper for that matter. It would also be interesting to know how much of a profit bambino and abu are making off of all of us who buy from them. As far as resetting the machines and whatnot to make a different batch like the one tape, I'm sure it doesn't take too much, no different than any other diaper. The company who makes these probably makes them for a dozen other companies and resets every time for them too. I was in retail before and companies like say a general mills will set up and run a line of hamburger helper of one kind, make a large batch, then set up for another flavor and so on. Similarily, the diaper machines are probably the same as they cost a lot but are adaptable to a customers needs. Really, no mre is going into it than if they were running the regular abu's with two tabs, they'd have to set up for this too. It's not one machine sitting on standby pumping out only abu's diapers. Watch shows like "How's it Made" and you can see how certain companies adapt there machines to a customers needs and run a line of them like the envelope episode. So with that, it really comes down to a designers coming up with a product and the machines capabilities.

It costs them a substancial amount of capital investment with no guarrantee of return. Quality costs money. But when you ask yourself about how much money they are making off us, it's not the right question. The question should be does it deliver equitable value for the product or service I receive?

Typically profit margins on custom items tend to be double the cost for products. The cost is calculated out by fixed and variable costs. I won't go into an accounting lesson, but the simple point is... Bambinos and ABU don't have the massive distribution, economies of scale and resources that the other major manufacturers do. Meaning it drives up their costs because they simply can't afford to commit to 100,000 boxes of diapers run each month like Kimberly Klarke can. The fact that they are offering the products at the price they are is actually pretty astounding as anyone who has ever run their own business knows. I think that Abrera and Bambino diapers are by far the best products I've seen to date.

The people you should be upset with are the "resellers" who sell 2 diapers on ebay for insane profits. Or the idiots who put the plastic pants up on ebay that they picked up for 1 dollar a pair from a chinese dealer.

If you don't want to spend the money on a high quality product, don't. But between a 3rd round of single malt scotch or buying my baby the bambinos... the bambinos are gonna win out everytime (and not just because my palette isnt refined enough to tell the difference after the second one).

While I am not sure how the ABU product rates, I do know that they bothered to listen to the AB community and make a product that has been repeatedly asked for... the single tape diaper. Even if it's not perfect, they can at least say they are trying to meet a very difficult niches needs and still stay in business. Trust me, there are much more profitable ways to invest money than in a fetish venture.

-Brutal

I'm was simply stating how it would just be interesting to know what the profit margins are, I know we won't find out but it would be interesting to know what it really cost to make a diaper.

Now, back to the manufacturing aspect. There are a lot of ideas thrown out there that mass quantity = lower price. It's true to an extent. The t-shirt example above for example the poster said if you order a couple it will cost say $20 each and the more you buy the price goes down and if you order say 10,000 shirts it'd be like $4. I know this is all hypothetical. However, the real deal is the price must hit a bottom. If you order a million shirts it won't be 10 cents each. The supplier still has cost in the shirts, ink, labor, whatnot that they have a minimum price to charge no matter how many you order. Yhe price eventually platues. I am willing to bet, for the largest profit, companies like abu will order the quanity of diapers where it platues. I'm sure the manufacture has a minimum number to order with different price levels based on the number ordered. Here's a hypothetical example.

Diapers - Cost

1000 $5each

1500 $4each

2000 $3each

2500 $2each

3000+ $1each

Bambino diapers cost just as much as the secure-xplus which is the same diaper without the ab theme. That should be proof right there.

If you've order things out of a supply catolog like office supplies, often when you order more than one it continually gets cheaper but then ends with a quanity+ so anything above that is just that price and it doesn't continue to go down anymore no matter how many you order.

Companies like depend, attend and other name brand diapers have a lot of other expense that companies like abu and bambino don't. Major brands have extensive website with live help or contact number who you can actually talk to somebody on, commercials, magazine ads, marketing teams, ect, all which cost money. They are also in compition with each other which drives price down further. However, there diapers aren't that much cheaper once delivered than abu and bambino comparables because all those other things cost money like the advertising. Now I realize abu and bambino advertise but not nearly to the expense and extent a big company does.

I really doubt it cost that much for abu to come up with this single tab diaper, no more than the double one. Machines are set acording to buyers request and starts stamping them out. It's much simpler than you think. There are a lot of private label brand diapers from a ton of websites. HDIS has a brand as an example. They probably don't sell mass quanities of them either but asked a mfg to stamp out diapers to there spects and they did it. It'll have different tape locations, shape, padding content, top sheet, back sheet, etc than another diaper. You could probably get a diaper mfg to make custom ones for you too, just plan on buying a lot of them.

If you want quality and a diaper to last a long time....try cloth. You'll save a ton of money and truly enjoy the luxurious comfort of awesome super soft fabrics. Cushytoosh has come out with a superb adult diaper that I'm sure you will love!! They aren't made by machines but instead are sewn by Amish women who are the BEST seamstresses out there;0).

Cushytoosh@yahoo.com ask for pics. You'll be glad you did. You'll save at least $2,000 plus a year by going cloth and the world will look much prettier. They say 25 BILLION disposable diapers go into the landfill EVERY YEAR! :crybaby:

Cushytoosh@yahoo.com ask for pics. You'll be glad you did. You'll save at least $2,000 plus a year by going cloth and the world will look much prettier. They say 25 BILLION disposable diapers go into the landfill EVERY YEAR! :crybaby:

Wow $2000 dollars?! I don't spend that much on diapers so to save at least that much by going to cloth sounds good to me.

seriousl $2,000 a year? ispend $22 every three months, so that equals about $88 dollars a year on diapers, plus $15 for wipes, and we are talking about $100 a year... so really i'm gonna make $1,900 a year just for wearing cloth diapers? sign me up

We all wear different quanties of diapers. For me I wear at least 4 diapers every day because of incontience issues. If I wear Bambino's with a couple stuffers for extra soakage. Your looking at 1.50+ a diaper which is at least $2000 a year. I still wont switch from wear disposables though. They are way more comfortable than any saggy soaked all over cloth diaper I have ever worn.

Is it the 'Maths Police' now?

Can those silly babies just admit that Cloth diapers outlast and are less expensive than disposable diapers? If not, don't worry, with the worlds oil content dwindling, and the plastic in disposable diapers getting more and more expensive to produce, the individual cost of disposable diapers will soon outstrip the individual cost of cloth diapers.

Is it the 'Maths Police' now?

Can those silly babies just admit that Cloth diapers outlast and are less expensive than disposable diapers? If not, don't worry, with the worlds oil content dwindling, and the plastic in disposable diapers getting more and more expensive to produce, the individual cost of disposable diapers will soon outstrip the individual cost of cloth diapers.

I will admit it in the long run cloth is cheaper. It was more a response to the blatant advertising :X.