LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abena X-plus

If this helps anyone ,good. As a full time abena xplus user I know of the ups and downs . But if you need to buy some specify expiration date of 2015 on the box or bags . These are the best batch i have had in a long time. As good as the first time I used them years ago.

If this helps anyone ,good. As a full time abena xplus user I know of the ups and downs . But if you need to buy some specify expiration date of 2015 on the box or bags . These are the best batch i have had in a long time. As good as the first time I used them years ago.

I just ordered two cases from XPMedical requesting the expiration year be 2015, I will see if you are correct or if it is maybe a lot# deal since they change the way they make there diapers faster than one would change their diapers them selves! Will keep you informed I've worn them since there creation and stopped after they went to cheaper plastic and tapes and added more polymer absorbent filler rather than pulp bleached wood. anyway I hope your right and they realized it's time to revert back to the original diaper that got them so well known.

• 1 month later...

I got a new bag of M4's the other week (that Medco Health deal) and they were a bit different. The blue of pattern wasn't as bold, in fact it was almost grey rather than the usual bright blue. The thing I noticed straight away though, was that the plastic was different. Smoother, stronger, less SAP crystals pressing against it from the padding...

Anybody else seen these differences?

Auntie, what was the expiration on your new bags? I just ordered a couple of bags from Medco, and I'd love to compare.

I agree that the Abri-Let Maxi are a great companion! I get my stuff from Herr Weidlich in Germany (shipping is quite cheap living in Amsterdam) and I always order several packs there.

Hi,

I use the stuffers from the Schlecker drugstore. The abriform L4 is my favorite, too. I get it from several German online pharmacies.

Kvetinka

• 1 month later...

I have had my share of problems with the X-Plus too. I had a bad batch. One case. Nearly every diaper split up the center on the back side. Also the tapes would tear the plastic open on the front. I thought I may have put them on too tight so I taped one on so loose it barely stayed on. Nope tapes still pulled the plastic apart on the front and the seat still split open. I simply switched to Bambinos for a while. Just ordered a case of X-Plus and they are much less defective. Still had the tapes pull the plastic apart on the front of a few diapers. I also realized that the padding tends to clump up and fall apart in the crotch area quite quickly as I am an active person. If I am just hanging around relaxing I have little to no problems with these diapers. They are still my fav. I love the bulk and the absorbancy. I haven`t tried the Dry 24/7 yet but I will very soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Abena Xplus they are my favorite now. I started out with some drug store brands ,tried some older style attends. Then Molicares which I still have some packs left. But my favorite now is the Abenas. They absorb very well. I never leak . I would say they are the thickest diapers I ever tried, so to wear under a pair of jeans w/out noticing is hard. They are quieter then the molicares, I think with hardly no noise at all . I have not had any problems with the tapes on mine staying on.The padding I find stays together well for me unless I really soak the diaper to the point of needing a change or it will leak. I find the Molicares have a lot different compound and tend to break up and clump after a short time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After using Molicare and Dry24/7 for a while I decided to get a bag of Abena's (L4) again.. They seem to be very cheaply made now! wtf? The "wings" aren't always cut the same and 2 times out of 5 now I have had leakers around the leg after a VERY small wetting! Maybe I got a defective batch?

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a shop anywhere in London (UK) where I could walk in and pick up a pack of Abri-Form X-Plus? I've been looking for ages and haven't had any luck so far :-(

Has anyone else heard the rumor that by the end of 2011 abena will phase out the plastic backing for all the abri-form products and strictly go with the air products?

Yes.

I was going to post about this but lack of anything to substantiate it made me want to confirm before I yelled Fire! Fire!

So I sent Abena UK an email about it a couple of days ago - they haven't replied to me although I don't know if their office is open this week. Perhaps somebody in the UK could phone them (number's on the home delivery page of their website) and try to get a straight answer?

I've also dropped an email to XPMedical to ask if they know anything about this.

However, doing a bit of digging and Google Translating, some people on ABKingdom claim to have received replies from Abena France confirming this so it doesn't look good :(

[edit to add]

Here's the thread on ABK:

http://www.abkingdom.com/forum/msg/341096/

Yes.

I was going to post about this but lack of anything to substantiate it made me want to confirm before I yelled Fire! Fire!

So I sent Abena UK an email about it a couple of days ago - they haven't replied to me although I don't know if their office is open this week. Perhaps somebody in the UK could phone them (number's on the home delivery page of their website) and try to get a straight answer?

I've also dropped an email to XPMedical to ask if they know anything about this.

However, doing a bit of digging and Google Translating, some people on ABKingdom claim to have received replies from Abena France confirming this so it doesn't look good :(

[edit to add]

Here's the thread on ABK:

http://www.abkingdom.com/forum/msg/341096/

Well, if that is true it sucks big time. They will lose a lot of customers to other manufacturers like DryCare. I have sampled their "Air" product line before and don't like them at all. They sag horribly when wet, seep moisture through the outer cover and do a very poor job of containing smell.

Though I suppose more manufacturers going to cloth backing will only serve to grow Bambino and ABU business.

They sag horribly when wet, seep moisture through the outer cover and do a very poor job of containing smell.

Precisely the same three points I made in the email to XPMedical. They've secured special production runs from Abena to fit their customer's preferences before now so I'd be hopeful they might try it again. If one company were to become the only place you could buy plastic backed x4's, it'd be a goldmine for them. I also asked them if it applied to Delta-Form too, being the budget brand, I'd imagine plastic covers are cheaper than the non-woven stuff they use for the cloth-like. Of course they may not know themselves yet, depends how close a relationship they have with Abena in Denmark, I suppose.

I'm not expecting a reply from Abena UK to be honest. I've dealt with them a few times and have always found them to be quite unfriendly when there's even the vaguest sniff of an AB/DL customer. Previously, asking them if the largest Abri-Let boosters were available in the UK got me a short shrift answer that they were but were to be used as maternity pads only and they didn't sell them anymore anyway. Given that I didn't tell them what I wanted them for, I thought that was a strange way to deal with a customer. I'm sure asking about their plans for dropping plastic covers probably set off their AB-dar too :rolleyes:

Response received from my inquiry to XPMedical about these possible Abena changes.

---------------------------------------

Hi,

I have not heard any such thing. I do know that Abena is making a number of changes and improvements to the AirPlus AbriFrom to improve the fit and further differentiate the AirPlus from the regular AbriForm.

When I was at Abena's facility earlier this year I made sure to make them aware of the advantages of the plastic backing and that many, many customers prefer it. Although I can say they did not share my enthusiasm for the plastic, they did agree that they would continue making it as long as it was selling in significant volumes (it is currently our best selling item).

We will normally receive at least six months notice if a product is to be discontinued, and no such news has come our way.

Gary Evans

XP Medical

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like we are in the clear for now.

Response received from my inquiry to XPMedical about these possible Abena changes....

(snip)

Sounds like we are in the clear for now.

Thanks for checking, hope that the rumors arent true, although with the new re-branding to m4 etc. i've noticed a marked quality decrease, think its time to switch to something else anyway.

I got the same email which is good news, I suppose. I just hope that enough people keep buying them to make it worthwhile for Abena (and the sellers) to keep offering them. It's clear (from the rumour and from XPMedical's reply about not sharing the enthusiasm for plastic) that a move to cloth-covered Abri-Form is on the cards eventually.

Thanks for checking, hope that the rumors arent true, although with the new re-branding to m4 etc. i've noticed a marked quality decrease, think its time to switch to something else anyway.

They've been up and down. I've had some that haven't been up to much but at the same time, I've had some that are as good as they've always been, with thicker plastic, etc. There seems to be some variety in standards. While I was digging through this, I found a page that lists their production facilities - they have at least 4 in different countries so that might be why there's variability.

While I will really miss plastic backed diapers if they do phase out, I pretty much have to admit that the air-plus are the ones I would much rather be wearing if it were for need.

Oh, and delta-forms are pretty awesome for their institutional goodness btw, and they will undoubtedly stay plastic backed for much longer due to cost considerations even if the abriforms do phase it out.

I haven't had the same quality concerns that others are reporting with the M4 either, but ymmv as usual.

I could more than live with Molicare, but they are not my favourite. I just can't use the 'cloth' backed ones because they snag on seemingly EVERYTHING... except the tapes on the diaper! I can never seem to get the tab on the 'cloth' backed to stick. The 'sliding' properties of the plastic and the way the tape glue holds to the plastic is just so much better.

• 1 month later...

I'm french and from what i read on abkingdom they seem to all agree (to some extent) that the plastic backed abena is gonna be stopped by 2011. By next year stores will have no more stock of them and will just sell whatever is remaining ... so if you all want plastic backed abena better stock up before next year!

Sad, they were the most comfortable diaper for me ):

So Abena is about to drop out of the top eschelon by abandoning plastic backing....

Who was 3rd on that list (behind Dry 24/7 and Abena) again?

Oh wait - 3rd place is still a raging debate....

So Abena is about to drop out of the top eschelon by abandoning plastic backing....

No. My posted response from XPMedical clearly states that they are not discontinuing the plastic backed diapers and will continue to produce them as long as demand stays up. As the product is XPMedical's #1 best seller I don't think we have much to worry about at this time.

Continuing to spread a rumor that has been proven false will not help this case any.

is abena also stopping one of their boosters and if so which size? i like the maxi for nights

If that's based on what I posted above...

Previously, asking them if the largest Abri-Let boosters were available in the UK got me a short shrift answer that they were but were to be used as maternity pads only and they didn't sell them anymore anyway.

...then don't worry about it - it was merely a years old example of how curt Abena UK's customer services had been with me previously. Both the points they made to me are obviously untrue :lol: