LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

One Can Never Quit Diapers

Throughout some of the topics on here I've seen many people claim that no one can ever give up diapers but that is not true. That is like saying that a drug addict could never quit their drugs or a smoker could never stop. It is all about how much control a person has, if one cannot quit something that they truly desire then it is that they do not possess enough strength to do so. An Alcholic could say the EXACT same thing yet there are people that learn how to control it. For example, Alcohol isn't a bad thing but it is something that needs to be controlled. Just like a fetish, a diaper fetish is not a bad thing but it NEEDS to be controlled otherwise it becomes a BAD THING. A diaper fetish is no different than someone having a foot fetish but if a diaper fetish becomes an obsession and takes over a person's life, that is when they need to seek psychological help for it. It is INDEED POSSIBLE to quit anything in life, most members on here would be amazed at how much a person can do and control & limit. I have enough control to the point where love comes first before diapers in a relationship. If I can have that and live without diapers if I'm in love, then others can too. When diaper fetishes control people's relationships and lives it becomes an obsession; that is where it crosses the line.

I love LOVE diapers but diapers for me is fun and a kink that makes things so much more fun;

but diapers do not run my life or my relationships.

• Like 2
Guest Baby-Toa

I fail to agree with this. Sure you can quit anything but it will be and will always be part of your life even if you don't wear or use or do anything of the sort. But remember not everyone is like you or was raised like you or will ever be like you. You are who you are and there is nothing that can change that.

I don't mean to sound rude but I am just voicing my opinion on my experiences.

Throughout some of the topics on here I've seen many people claim that no one can ever give up diapers but that is not true. That is like saying that a drug addict could never quit their drugs or a smoker could never stop. It is all about how much control a person has, if one cannot quit something that they truly desire then it is that they do not possess enough strength to do so. An Alcholic could say the EXACT same thing yet there are people that learn how to control it. For example, Alcohol isn't a bad thing but it is something that needs to be controlled. Just like a fetish, a diaper fetish is not a bad thing but it NEEDS to be controlled otherwise it becomes a BAD THING. A diaper fetish is no different than someone having a foot fetish but if a diaper fetish becomes an obsession and takes over a person's life, that is when they need to seek psychological help for it. It is INDEED POSSIBLE to quit anything in life, most members on here would be amazed at how much a person can do and control & limit. I have enough control to the point where love comes first before diapers in a relationship. If I can have that and live without diapers if I'm in love, then others can too. When diaper fetishes control people's relationships and lives it becomes an obsession; that is where it crosses the line.

I love LOVE diapers but diapers for me is fun and a kink that makes things so much more fun;

Excuse me, but how recently did you receive your training in psychology? I only ask because your theory was popular 30 years ago. Then newer research and case studies were published in peer-reviewed mental health journals.

It is a wonderful thing that your love of diapers does not run your life. If they did, absent incontinence, then perhaps you would need treatment for OCD.

The problem with comparing a diaper affectation to alcoholism is that contrary to your statement alcohol is dangerous to the body. It is possible and ethical for a therapist to encourage substitution of behaviors considered less dangerous. For example, in jurisdictions where smoking indoors is allowed it is common for AA meetings to permit smoking and coffee is provided, often with pastries. Outside the mental health field there are a bunch of physicians who will disagree about the safety of smoking and eating pastries.

The complication in the management of diaper affectation is that it is considered in the mental health profession the least dangerous of associated behaviors, with include smoking, drinking alcohol, drug use and gambling. Professional rules of treatment do not permit encouraging a more dangerous behavior to curb the desire for another behavior. There are no published case studies in which diaper affectation has been successfully treated without the substitution of another behavior.

In the real world of clinical practice hardly ever does a person present for treatment just because of a diaper affectation. When diapers are mentioned it is in conjunction with other issues, such as OCD or Exhibitionism. Those are mental states which usually do mandate treatment. Often this treatment needs to be more intense than talk therapy by a psychologist, in which case a psychiatrist becomes the treating physician using various drugs. Needless to say such drugs have side-effects. Therefore unless the issue goes beyond simple diaper affectation then prescribing drugs would be unethical and professionally irresponsible.

Guest Baby-Toa

It doesn't matter--point is that once it becomes an obsession it crosses the line. Diaper fetishes are unhealthy when they control people's lives.

anything that controls your life is unhealthy doesn't matter what it is whether it be a fetish, family, friends, drugs. No one is exempt from it. It's a matter of knowing how far the obsession goes and how many others it effects.

Guest lucys junibug

im not sure were i stand on this but i think about all the people i know who have stopped smoking, drinking, gambling ect. and all of them still say that the wants still there but its just the choice of whether to do it or not!...

i do think that love should come first in some ways but you gotta consider that if someone tells you that you have to give them up or they wont talk to you, than do they relay love you?

if something makes you happy and your not hurting yourself or others than that should make them happy knowing your enjoying it! and do you think that you might resent them for making you give up something that does no harm??...

im not just talking about nappies i'm talking about anything that doesn't harm....so trains, art, books,computers, all time consuming hobbies that can make people have disagreements!!

You intermixed 2 points into this discussion, one being that people claim no-one can quit diapers and the other that people with diaper obsessions need to and can control their obsessions.

There is a huge variety of people involved in this community, from people that wear a diaper once every few months to people that wear everyday, some for medical reasons, others for sexual pleasure and others just for comfort. Someone that doesn't wear for medical reasons and only wears occasionally will probably have a better chance giving up diapers if they so choose, but really, why should they? Such an occasional indulgence in something that makes them feel good and doesn't harm anyone, isn't bad for anyone. If someone wants to give up diapers for whatever reason, all the power to them, but I'm of the belief that there is something very deep and ingrained into us that drives us to this desire or why would we keep coming back to it?

There are many people on these boards that wear diapers day in day out for non-medical reasons, they hold full time jobs, pay the bills and have a social life. Some of them are even very open with their friends and family that they wear diapers for comfort/pleasure, for them it's choice of the more comfortable underwear (and not having to use public washrooms... ick).

An it harm none do what ye will

If you aren't harming anyone, and that includes yourself, enjoy and diaper wearing is not harmful compared to other things people could be doing (alcohol, drugs, crime, self-harm...)

As other have said, over and over and over all over these boards if your love of diapers is controlling your life and you're not socializing with others, not going to work or have lost your job because of it then you need to work on controlling it, maybe with the help of a medical professional. But that really goes for anything that you take overboard that affects your life you could say the exact same thing for World of Warcraft players that play all day and night and ignore their friends, family, never leave the house, don't go out and find a job or lost an existing one.

*huggles*

Michelle

• Like 2

You are correct what you have said there. Even my own therapist used to say diapers are like drugs because people get addicted to them and have to wear them even though they don't need them medically. Former drug addicts still want to do drugs but they live with not doing them. Some even go to counseling to cope with the addiction their mind is still craving because they don't know how to stop it or what to do about it.

Very few diaper lovers quit and then have no desire to wear again but they still like them and go in the community. Sometimes they just like women in them, not themselves.

Guest Baby-Toa

You intermixed 2 points into this discussion, one being that people claim no-one can quit diapers and the other that people with diaper obsessions need to and can control their obsessions.

There is a huge variety of people involved in this community, from people that wear a diaper once every few months to people that wear everyday, some for medical reasons, others for sexual pleasure and others just for comfort. Someone that doesn't wear for medical reasons and only wears occasionally will probably have a better chance giving up diapers if they so choose, but really, why should they? Such an occasional indulgence in something that makes them feel good and doesn't harm anyone, isn't bad for anyone. If someone wants to give up diapers for whatever reason, all the power to them, but I'm of the belief that there is something very deep and ingrained into us that drives us to this desire or why would we keep coming back to it?

There are many people on these boards that wear diapers day in day out for non-medical reasons, they hold full time jobs, pay the bills and have a social life. Some of them are even very open with their friends and family that they wear diapers for comfort/pleasure, for them it's choice of the more comfortable underwear (and not having to use public washrooms... ick).

If you aren't harming anyone, and that includes yourself, enjoy and diaper wearing is not harmful compared to other things people could be doing (alcohol, drugs, crime, self-harm...)

As other have said, over and over and over all over these boards if your love of diapers is controlling your life and you're not socializing with others, not going to work or have lost your job because of it then you need to work on controlling it, maybe with the help of a medical professional. But that really goes for anything that you take overboard that affects your life you could say the exact same thing for World of Warcraft players that play all day and night and ignore their friends, family, never leave the house, don't go out and find a job or lost an existing one.

*huggles*

Michelle

Well said. very well said.

Guest lucys junibug

*huggles*

Michelle

i think you are right if its not harmful....and not going out, communicating,seeing loved ones cant be good for you.

*huggles back* hehehe

Ok, alright. I'll put in my four cents (inflation!) to this thread.

I do understand what the OP is trying to say regarding diaper fetish and the correlation between diapers and trying to quit smoking/gambling/drinking/whatever other vices you have out there that are more damaging than diapers, yet while I agree with that analogy, there are other aspects of diaper wearing that we haven't explored yet in this thread.

First, we'll get into the definition of the term 'Fetish'.

• a: an object (as a small stone carving of an animal) believed to have magical power to protect or aid its owner ; broadly : a material object regarded with superstitious or extravagant trust or reverence

• b: an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion : prepossession

• c: an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression

One can broadly say that fetish applies to just obsessive love for diapers and something that has nothing to do with it sexually, which most ABDL's are in this category. Sexual gratification (SG) from diapers are "learned" when they are discovered at an age where they had the choice to pick something for SG and they decide to choose diapers as their outlet, either consciously or subconsciously (SC).

Now, there's this group of diaper wearers that seem to be left out of this discussion: these people, like myself, had an interest - or remembers wanting to be - in diapers for almost all their life, I would say as early as age 3. In my case, I was 4-5 years old when I wanted to be back in diapers. This group of ABDL can't, and will never be able to give up diapers in any way at all. One can try to abstain it for a short while, but they WILL always come back to it eventually, usually within a few months after trying to abstain from it. It is something that we learned over the years that the desire to wear diapers are ingrained into our SC that we just can't get rid of it as 'easily' as someone who developed an interest in these things in their teenage years and beyond.

I say 'easily' because we all know it's not easy to get rid of smoking, drinking, etc. - it doesn't go away overnight, it definitely takes years, perhaps decades. We can remove the fixation into these things much easier than trying to remove something that was learned SC'ly when we were toddlers/young kids. I am not sure who or where this one comes from, but it's common knowledge that a child sets their habits, personality traits, stuff like that in at or around age 7.

Hope this helps. :)

You can stop drinking but you'll always be an alcoholic.

You can not diaper, but you'll always be AB/DL.

Not the same anyhow, diapers are sexually wired in infancy (for most), alcohol isn't (I hope to God).

You can stop drinking but you'll always be an alcoholic.

You can not diaper, but you'll always be AB/DL.

Not the same anyhow, diapers are sexually wired in infancy (for most), alcohol isn't (I hope to God).

Have you not heard of the statement, "I WAS an alcoholic"?? Not everyone will always be an alcoholic similar with ABDL.

Have you not heard of the statement, "I WAS an alcoholic"?? Not everyone will always be an alcoholic similar with ABDL.

I beg to differ, once an alcoholic it never goes away. If you are an alcoholic and abstain from booze the moment you start drinking it will slowly take over again. I personally believe the desire for diapers will never go away. At least with me, it all started when I was 6. For me it's hard wired, it will always be there in the back of my mind. It is something I have come to terms with so no biggie. I is what it is.

Beachxbummi,

although you have strong opinions, and feelings, in my opinion, you seem to be trying to change the world, or more correctly the ABDL world to your views. Over time, I hope that you learn to accept other people are mature enought to have their own choices, and have to deal with the consequences of their own actions. As a DL yourself, I'd expect you to at least, have tollerance towards others.

In relation to question 'can one quit diapers' depens on the person, the reason that they started, and the reason they quit. Since, in most cases, diapers are symbolic of an earlier, more peacefull, less stressful live, then the answer to 'can one quit' is a resounding NO. Diapers are as important to the person as the air that they breath.

The other question is 'why would they want to' - and that point is very valid - if someone quits due to outside influnces, as soon as that influnce is removed / diaper desire gets strong enought, then diapers will coem back into the equation.

Some things become too deeply ingrained in us to be removed without altering who we are... For example: I've lived my life out in the country and really feel out of place in the city. But if need be, I could probly survive living in the city. However, the city would never actually be "home". Some part of my soul has latched onto the country life, and that part of me will always want to return to the country, even if I live the rest of my life in a city...

To an extent, the same goes for diapers. I can forgo them for however long I need to, but that won't stop me from thinking and dreaming of them... Does that mean I can't live a perfectly normal life? No. Diapers don't rule my life. They just help make it better. To be honest, the only thing that they're doing is limiting the amount of DVDs I buy with birthday or christmas money. And in all honesty, I don't really need the "10-DVD expanded feature-loaded widescreen 3d director's cut with commontaries by everyone who worked on the movie and jewel-encrusted solid platinum collector's case" version of most movies...

So long as it's not causing a problem in someone's life, it's not like it really matters, anyhow... But, yes, those who've become addicted to diapers and are ruining relationships or other aspects of their life with them most certainly do need professional help. But isn't that just a fact of being addicted to perty much anything?

Sexual fetishism and alcoholism are fundamentally, categorically not the same. The latter is a chemical dependency with literal biological effects such as tolerance and withdrawals. The former is a profoundly deep-seated psychological fixation which often takes root before cognitive awareness. Sexual fetishes are embedded in our psychological makeup while drug dependency arises from the ingestion of a foreign substance external to our bodies. So, while you can remove the compulsion (to a degree, anyway) for alcohol or drugs by slowly re-engineering your body's customary habits, you can do no such thing with your subconscious short of a lobotomy. That's because this isn't a habit that we 'picked up' or got accustomed to, rather it is part of the elementary formation of our psycho-sexual identity itself. Thus, there is no 'curing' the desire, just merely stopping the behavior. Anyway, it should be clear that the physiological ramificationas involving substance abuse are very real, and you trivialize the arduous process of weaning one's body from said substance abuse, while at the same time absurdly compare that dangerous addiction to an innocuous fetish with no comparable physical component. There is no known case of an ABDL going into Delirium tremens or a seizure in trying to 'kick the habit'. Nor are there any prepubescent children who fantasize about alcohol from the time they can conceptualize. There's just not much of a comparison to be had.

Of course it goes without saying that 'too much' of a fetish is a bad thing, because, as has already been made plain, too much of anything is always a bad thing- thus the term. Too much is simply that quantity which is excessive. So, really that point and the original post are rather superfluous.

One could say I'm obsessed with diapers! I went so far that I trained myself years ago to wet while asleep, so now I have no choice but to be diapered every night.

Should I feel guilty? I don't think so, maybe I show some signs of letting it interfere with my life but then I don't spill this over where anyone else in my life knows I wear diapers.

So okay, diapers are a vice in my life but I don't smoke, never took drugs, don't gamble and occasionally have a beer. So compare me to some 'normal' person. Maybe some church goer is at his Church right now for Sunday services. After church he stops for gas, goes inside, picks up some smokes and puts some money down for his state lottery. Most likely his cigarettes and his idiot tax{lottery} is costing him what I spend in diapers for a week. His cigarettes are killing him, I never heard of a discussion that my diapers are killing me?

I believe this subject and guilt over diapers stems back to our childhood. Most parents in order to get their children out of diapers use embarrassment, humiliation and guilt to do so. My mother did it to me and she "helped" my siblings children with the same tactic.

I think that all DL/AB's need to stop and think about this. You are back in diapers after being toilet trained as a child. Your desire for this paraphernalia is based on sexuality, emotions and comfort. Free yourself from the shackles of your youth, the past reasoning to get you out of diapers and tactics no longer apply to you. Your primary need for diapers is different than a child, embrace that need and move forward in your life and let DIAPERS bring you happiness and fulfillment!

Phil

I never said diapers was a bad thing because they're not, they're a wonderful thing! Being obsessed with something such as diapers is NEVER a good thing. It is only healthy when people are able to enjoy and indulge in something that they have control over otherwise it crosses the line. People should be able to put on a diaper and enjoy it but not let it ruin their life, relationships, and marriages.

i am not addicted to diapers, in fact diapers in andof themselves do absolutely nothing for me.

When my boyfriend and i were apart for six monts, i didn't have diapers, or any other ab paraphanilia (ok i can't spell that word). . . i ddn't come to dd more than once or twice the whole time, if that... i didn't really even think about ab play, except when on the phone with my boyfriend...

not all of us yearn to wear diapers all the time, not all of us even find diapers to be the main focal point in this interest/fetish, not all of us even NEED to wear diapers to engage in this fetish/interest etc...

Ok that being said, there are people who have let their liking for diapers turn into an obession which has taken over their life. Their social, academic, professional and family life is at risk of, or already has, deteriorated because of their obessesiveness over diapers and/or other ab things.

I donot categorize this into an addiction in the physical sense, you cannot become physically addicted to diapers, however these people may have become dependent on the feelings wearing diapers produces. Whatever emotional need is fullfilled by wearing diapers, some people believe it can be filled no other way, and are willing to compromise every other facet of their life simply so they can engage in their diaper/ab behavior.

For some of these people, it may be they would need to entire give up the use of diapers and other ab things, in order to regain control of their life, this doesn't mean they will stop wanting them, although that could happen over time, if they are taught the appropriate coping skills and independent living skills

Please understand my intentions in this post, i am not claiming any particular person on this website is this way, i am not naming names, pointing fingers, or implying anything about anyone...

I never said diapers was a bad thing because they're not, they're a wonderful thing! Being obsessed with something such as diapers is NEVER a good thing. It is only healthy when people are able to enjoy and indulge in something that they have control over otherwise it crosses the line. People should be able to put on a diaper and enjoy it but not let it ruin their life, relationships, and marriages.

You are correct, an obsession with anything - be it diapers or whatever - is NOT healthy, BUT an ADULT BABY and being one is a balance - the balance of the 'adult' side and all its trappings etc WITH the 'baby' side and all that release. BALANCE = Yin/yang; left/right; happy/sad do I need to go on, or can people understand the need for balance in life?