LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Not Liking The New Layout :-(

I like the new layout. It's much easier to read.

Can you tell me what the new default typeface is called? I have been editing out the system typos, but I would like to make the typeface match properly.

:biker_h4h: Emoticons are definitely working. Whatever problem you are having with them, it's not the software

:horse:

:mail:

:drive1:

I've managed to get to some of them but the 'box' is half off the page at the bottom left. Trying to 'click and drag' it so I can see them all doesn't work. When I click 'show all emoticons' the bar on the right shows only the HTML code text, not the emoticon icon. And it covers part of the reply text box so I can't see what I've typed :( Not to mention the obvious that it shrinks the text area. I'd prefer something like it used to be: click one place, see all emoticon images, choose what you want then the box disaappears till you want it again. Adding to my misery is that sometimes a clicked emiticon doesn't show up where I stopped writing to put it in so I have to go through the process again.

I've changed nothing on my computer and everything else works everywhere so the problem is back on your side of the table ;) If it's invision pass this along so they can fix things(I had to correct my spelling of "fix" from "fu%"; perhaps a subliminal message coming through?) Got any answers that will get me back all my beloved emoticons? And I agree about the 'negativity'(your 7/24 post); I see some above me here. I appreciate that I am a 'guest in your house' but if someone can't speak freely what's the point of anyone hanging around? I dislike negativity too but as long as it's within the rules I see it more of a matter of speaking freely- when that line is crossed the matter changes.

It's not that I don't appreciate your efforts DD, it's just more frustrating than you can imagine for me to learn a new system when I just mastered the old one, and while it may have improved for some there's nothing here that I use which is any better even if it were all working correctly! It's hard for some to understand, but some of us out here actually don't want or need the latest-greatest-super-duper-most-up-to-date technology. If MS still offered free support and virii weren't a problem I would be eternally happy with Win98SE and IE5 :o Go ahead and laugh- but since it had less 'junk' inherent in it, it loaded faster and worked more smoothly than my XP and IE6 does, therefore it was provably better for me and I'm laughing right back :lol:

Hope the issues are all solved soon

Bettypooh

I don't know how to help you as I can't replicate the problem. When I click on the smiley icon I get a box with all 39 emoticons.

I'm not talking about nagativity as in disagreeing with someone on a particular topic, I'm talking about a handful of people going topic to topic causing trouble and insulting folks.

And if they'd support it, I would still be using Windows For Workgroups 3.11 - Most stable OS ever!

"I don't know how to help you as I can't replicate the problem. When I click on the smiley icon I get a box with all 39 emoticons."

I get all of them as well. Where are you selecting them from? I don't see the view all selection that you describe in this new version. :huh:

"I don't know how to help you as I can't replicate the problem. When I click on the smiley icon I get a box with all 39 emoticons."

I get all of them as well. Where are you selecting them from? I don't see the view all selection that you describe in this new version. :huh:

First, I select the "add reply" button at the bottom then the reply page pops up. When I want an emoticon I click the "smiley" in the toolbar above the textbox. That brings up a 'box' of emoticons at the bottom left of the page- below the screen so I have to scroll down to see them; yet only the right side of the box appears :( If I click the 'show all emoticons' button in that box the sidebar appears on the right of the page on top of the reply page underneath so I can't see the right side of my written text. I'll see if I can figure out how to capture a screen view and send it to you.

And DD, you do great keeping this site a nice place to hang out at :D I never understood why anyone would want to go around 'picking on people'. If you want a friend then be nice and be a friend ;) If you don't want to be friendly then don't hide it behind your computer; just go punch the biggest person you can find in the nose and think about your attitude while you're recovering :lol:

Bettypooh

worked more smoothly than my XP and IE6 does

I'm willing to bet that IE6 is the reason you're having issues with some of the functionality on the site, especially with the emoticons box seemingly not appearing in the right place. IE6 doesn't play very nice with web design standards and doesn't always display pages correctly... and that's what this sounds like. And unfortunately, there is no fix for that other than upgrading the web browser.

I'm willing to bet that IE6 is the reason you're having issues with some of the functionality on the site, especially with the emoticons box seemingly not appearing in the right place. IE6 doesn't play very nice with web design standards and doesn't always display pages correctly... and that's what this sounds like. And unfortunately, there is no fix for that other than upgrading the web browser.

Thank You! If I can't get anything else to work I guess I'll give Firefox a try. Any screaming heard from my house will just be me trying to learn how to work the darn thing tongue.gif

Bettypooh

Ok, when I do what you did I do kinda see what you mean. The smiley codes show up in a list, but you can't see the smileys... At the bottom of the box is a scollbar to move over to where the smileys are.

biggrin.gif OK, now I can see them piccys of the emoticons- all of them! Now lets see if the emoticon box covers the text box: Not anymore!smile.gif Now lets see if I can get 3 out of 3 emoticons on one click each: laugh.gif Yep! FYI when I scrolled right on the "all emoticons" box the scrollbar disappeared so I can't scroll back but that's NOT a problem.

IE6 is a crappy browser compared to some others. The thing is that I like it and it did everything I needed it to until someone else changed the way they do things and thus forced me and a zillion others to change. If I could find these people I'd as them why if they're so smart, they can't make their programs backwards-compatible? Too lazy to do the extra work, hmmm? Or maybe they don't care. mad.gif It can be done you know- I remember the "Navigator vs IE" days when some pages wouldn't display correctly with the "wrong" browser while the smart folks made pages which would work with either one or redirect the "non-standard" browser to a browser friendly page so that everyone could enjoy the site cool.gif I know this isn't DD's fault but Invision needs to read the followng thought:

You are going to wake up tomorrow and hear on the news that as of that morning all driving will be done on the other side of the road, that all dealers will switch the controls to the other side for free, and that you have to switch sides with the controls within a week whether you want to or not. Since the switch costs you nothing but a little time you don't have the right to complain and you have to go along with it whether you like the idea or not . We don't care that you're going to have to learn where the heater and radio and AC controls are all over again. We don't care if it's frustrating, just shut up and do it ! ohmy.gif Isn't reality a wonderful concept?

Bettypooh

IE6 is a crappy browser compared to some others.

From an IT guy who's wasted way too many hours cleaning malware off other people's PCs, PLEASE, I beg of you, stop using IE6, and upgrade to a more secure browser. Opera or Firefox would be my recommendations, but IE8 is at least better if you just swear by Microsoft products. IE6 is like swiss cheese for the malware programmers.

Those of you still using IE6 are not only putting yourselves at risk, you're doing other Internet users a disservice, because once your PC is infected, it's YOU that's sending out all the spam and attacks the rest of us have to put up with.

No_IE6.gif

Why are all the posts in bold type? The bold BB Code tag doesn't work anymore. This is NOT BOLD and THIS IS BOLD. See?

? That. Please fix this, if you can.

I don't much like the new lay-out, everything is too huge. I couldn't care less about where you have to click, but humonguous visual attributes are very annoying, even more so when they are unnecessary. That a title is a bit too large is perhaps still fair, but a line five pixels thick between each post is just unnecessary. In fact, everything seems to be padded a lot on all sides.

• 2 weeks later...

Overall the new setup is ok. The only problem I have with it is the private messages. On the old setup. When you came onto the site. If you had mail. It popped up so you could see it. Now it is just a small button beside your name and can be missed if you don't look at the top of the page. Is there a way to get the private messages to pop up on the new layout like it did on the old one?

Not sure of the problem, but they still pop up for me. If you touch anything on the screen it goes away and then you have to use the pull down menu.....which I just found this morning, thanks to you :angel_not: