LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Plastics And Rubber

How many people here have used plastic pants over your disposable diapers? Did you like using the combo? What about bloomers? I've wanted to buy a pair of bloomers but not sure how good they are or if they're worth it. I've also entertained the idea of buying a pair of the locking plastic panties, then freezing the key in ice or something so I have to stay in them until the ice melts on its own. Anyone ever done something like that before?

Always at night for leak protection. Either vinyl, waterproofed nylon or some form of plastic. Rubber doesn't like my skin much. Never tried bloomers as I don't think I'd like the elastic around my legs

I use plastic pants sometimes as well. Two things I dont like about them is the elastic from the leggings does dig a bit into my thighs and sometimes, esp. if its hot outside and I start to sweat the tapes of the diaper dont stick as well. I like having the tapes as tight as they can be so the diaper stays nice and snug.

I use plastic pants over my disposable all the time. It helps a lot, but doesn't prevent leaks. This is especially true when I am sitting down - I suspect because the legs ride up a little. For that reason, bloomers might be better.

When I get busy and don't pay attention, I've leaked out the top wetting the tails of my shirt and the waistband of my pants as well as at the legs...that's when I really, really really get caught up in what I'm doing! More than leak protection, I just like the feel of wearing the plastic pants.

I wear cloth diapers most of the time and plastic pants are a must. Even when I use a disposable, I wear plastic pants. I was a predisposable baby and any diaper just seems incomplete without plastic or rubber pants.

Sometimes I wear plastic pants over my disposables and sometimes I don't. I probably wear just a disposable w/o plastic pants mostly. It's sometimes the mood I'm in and sometimes it's practical. With a really soaked disposable diaper with plastic backing even plastic pants won't help prevent leaking much. What people have to remember is that plastic dosn't absorb wetness, it just keeps wetness from going through the pants themselves. If your disposable is so soaked that it starts leaking, then mostly the pee will puddle in your plastic pants and then leak out through the legs and/or waistband, weather they are bloomer plastic pants or just regular ones. There have been times when I have slept in a good quality good absorbent disposable diaper with a diaper doubler insert and plastic pants over them and soaked them at night. I always wake up to pee and just pee in my diaper but I pee a lot at night. I've wet so much that even with the diaper doubler and plastic pants my sheets get soaked from leaking. A few times I've even gotten up about 4am so wet that I changed my diaper so I wouldn't leak. On the other hand, if your diaper is pretty wet but not super soaked, plastic pants will help prevent those half moons on the back of your pants as long as you change into a fresh diaper before you really start to leak a lot. Likewise if you wear the disposables with cloth backing (which are about all you can find these days), plastic pants will help if you wet to the point that the cloth like backing gets wet around the legs and starts wicking. Depending on how snug or how loose the plastic pants fit, they can help keep a sagging diaper up tighter to your body.

Unless its hot out, plastic pants over my disposables all the time. Cut down on light leaks and cut down on crinkle noise. When it's cooler out, I wear flannel-lined plastic pants over my disposable. Great for emergency leak catching.

--Floaty

How many people here have used plastic pants over your disposable diapers? Did you like using the combo? What about bloomers? I've wanted to buy a pair of bloomers but not sure how good they are or if they're worth it. I've also entertained the idea of buying a pair of the locking plastic panties, then freezing the key in ice or something so I have to stay in them until the ice melts on its own. Anyone ever done something like that before?
i usually wearthemover diaps but yououttatrywearingjust theplasticpants withslippery lubinside ahhhsooo nicefeeling i do thatonceanda whilwwith babypowderonmy bottm

i usually wearthemover diaps but yououttatrywearingjust theplasticpants withslippery lubinside ahhhsooo nicefeeling i do thatonceanda whilwwith babypowderonmy bottm

Hey Dude - twelve bucks for a keyboard at your local Office Depot - give it a shot!

Sometimes I wear plastic pants over my disposables and sometimes I don't. I probably wear just a disposable w/o plastic pants mostly. It's sometimes the mood I'm in and sometimes it's practical. With a really soaked disposable diaper with plastic backing even plastic pants won't help prevent leaking much. What people have to remember is that plastic dosn't absorb wetness, it just keeps wetness from going through the pants themselves. If your disposable is so soaked that it starts leaking, then mostly the pee will puddle in your plastic pants and then leak out through the legs and/or waistband, weather they are bloomer plastic pants or just regular ones. There have been times when I have slept in a good quality good absorbent disposable diaper with a diaper doubler insert and plastic pants over them and soaked them at night. I always wake up to pee and just pee in my diaper but I pee a lot at night. I've wet so much that even with the diaper doubler and plastic pants my sheets get soaked from leaking. A few times I've even gotten up about 4am so wet that I changed my diaper so I wouldn't leak. On the other hand, if your diaper is pretty wet but not super soaked, plastic pants will help prevent those half moons on the back of your pants as long as you change into a fresh diaper before you really start to leak a lot. Likewise if you wear the disposables with cloth backing (which are about all you can find these days), plastic pants will help if you wet to the point that the cloth like backing gets wet around the legs and starts wicking. Depending on how snug or how loose the plastic pants fit, they can help keep a sagging diaper up tighter to your body.

I agree with all you say. Couldn't have written any better. I use vinyl pull up over cheap disposables, and find the problem of tapes not sticking a universal problem. There have been times when I wet so heavy that the diaper leaked, and the stuff just leaked out over the waitband of the pullup, and the bed was wet. Guess the best way to get away from that is to use heavy nighttime diapers, like Tranquity ATN or Prevail PM. Those are two SUPER diapers.

Yeah, unfortunately the last diaper I had still leaked even with plastic pants. I was mad too I thought the plastic pants would prevent any leaks. I need to invest in some Molicare, Abena and Attends. I really like the Abena's. The diaper that leaked with the plastic pants were good ole depends. :rolleyes:

Guest YkDave

plastic pants really arent going to help with leaks on any disposable diaper. maybe if its just a drop or 2... but a full blown leak is going to still leak past the plastic pants.

If you want something for protection over a disposable you should try finding some of the plastic pants with thin cotton liners. that way when the disposable leaks their is actually something to absorb it instead of just holding it for a few minutes until it leaks out of the plastic pants!

Even more effective than buying special "bedwetter" pants that combine a waterproof outer layer with cloth absorbent inner layer, is to simply wear the waterproof pants over cotton pants. If you wet more than dribbles wear disposables inside the cloth pants.

The problem with the combination pants is that the cloth part can only dry from one side, so mildew tends to form on the other side. Also, to keep the cloth part sanitary it needs to be washed in hot water with fairly strong detergents. Waterproof pants work best when washed in luke-warm water with hardly any and very mild detergent.

Guest YkDave

might as well just wear the cloth diapers and be done with it!

One thing i truly love cloth diapers for is bedtime, though a GOOD disposable is pretty good 'in the bed', i find nothing beats cloth, especially if you sleep on your side where a disposable would just pour it all out...