LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Best Cloth Backed Diaper?

Back to back posts

I know the question comes up a lot but about plastic diapers. I also know they are preferable but I need to be discret. The cloth backed ones are the way to go while working. I've tried a national store brand but found they're cheap and won't hold up all day long. I only ask that they are white, and sturdy. Any opinions?

Guest YkDave

Well, i know for a fact that the abena's are pretty decent as far as absorbancy is concerned, but the tapes on their plasic backed diapers arent the greatest for active people. Im not sure how their cloth backed ones stand up as i havent tried them yet.

Personally i have never found a decent cloth backed disposable, ther fastening systems generally suck.

If i were you, i would go with cloth diapers and rubber pants. When i wear to work or out for a while i tend to wear my cloth diapers, no worries about tapes popping off, contour prefolds are very discreet and absorbant and rubber pants overtop make absolutely no noise at all.

I second YkDave.

Try cloth diapers, esp if you do all day at work. OK. So compromise and do a combination: wear a cloth diaper and use a disposable as a stuffer.

Don't forget the plastic/nylon/vinyl/rubber pants. There is not a disposable out there that can compare to the feel of cloth.

And cloth lets you know how dry (wet) you are at all times. Getting a little worried? Simply change stuffers. Have to poo? Cloth can be lowered

in the washroom without the loud sound of tapes popping. And unless your co-workers actually pat your bottom, nobody else will ever suspect.

I worked standing at a counter waiting on the public for years with customers always first and my breaks few and discouraged. Never was suspected.

I always check out the clerks when I'm in line or being waited on over the counter.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

Guest YkDave

If I remember right Tena's had cloth backing. Its been years since I wore them but I don't think they have changed.

Tena does have cloth backed diapers. They are very absorbant but the tapes are total junk, they break off at the slightest bit of tension.

At home and whenever I do not need to be discreet, I wear pinned gauze diapers covered by separate vinyl panties.

Usually when I am in my responsible adult attorney mode I can use just slip-in disposable pads, which do have a cloth-like outer layer.

Sometimes I do need a more traditional cloth-like diaper. Remember my choice is limited because I am a petite gal. What I wear is the Attends Breathable Extra Absorbent Small. When you follow the instructions about using those Velcro-like tabs (found as a video on the Attends website) they work very well. They can be re-positioned as often as I like.

It is true none of the Attends disposables are designed for ABDL. When you are actually incontinent it is important to change diapers at least 4 times a day, so excess capacity is not much of a benefit. Since 1981 Attends have remained my adult disposable brand of choice.

I prefer the plastic backed diapers as they are what I grew up with... but I recently got some Tena samples that were cloth backed and breathable. They were comfortable and fairly absorbent.

My incontinence is sporadic (like overactive bladder but nerve-ralted, not muscle spasms) so I use the potty when I get the chance during the day and change my diapers 2-3 times a day. Mega-absorbency is still great for overnights tho.

Tena Supers. They're not white, but would it be that much different? I mean, baby diapers come in the same color blue-green as these do. I wear these everyday, and have yet to have tape trouble, though it took some getting used to with the new velcro fastening system. And at about a buck a brief, they're a good deal, too.

Back to back posts

I know the question comes up a lot but about plastic diapers. I also know they are preferable but I need to be discret. The cloth backed ones are the way to go while working. I've tried a national store brand but found they're cheap and won't hold up all day long. I only ask that they are white, and sturdy. Any opinions?

you should never plan on wearing the same diaper for long periods of time, not only do you risk leaking easier, but you could get a rash or infection of some kind

you should never plan on wearing the same diaper for long periods of time, not only do you risk leaking easier, but you could get a rash or infection of some kind

I'm glad you said it barnburner or I was going to. You can't plan on having a disposable diaper hold up all day long. That is just not practical and even people who are incontinent with bladder control problems do not wear the same diaper for 8 or 9 hours if it's been "used". Absolutly no offence intended, but it seems like you are looking for way too much here. Discreet diaper that's not bulky or noisy with cloth backing, but also super absorbent so it will hold up all day long. You can usually pick one or the other but what you are wanting seems like a fantasy diaper to me. I do agree that TENA cloth backed diapers may be close to what you're looking for as far as discreetness, but you should plan on changing at least once, probably twice during an 8 hour work day, especially if you wet your diaper normally whenever you need to pee. I don't know of any disposable diaper with cloth backing that is discreet and can hold up to 8 hours of wetting. Darned few thick plastic backed diapers either.

Well Abena has the Airplus Xplus, which should be the same as their normal xplus, so that would give everything except for it is thick. I have worn wet ones for 10+ hrs without ever getting any kind of rash, the only problem is when you poop in your diaper then you want to get that cleaned up within like a half hour.