LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depends Aren't So Bad

I changed out of my last Tranquility a couple of hours ago into a Depends (they were on sale). They're a little thin but so far, they are quite comfortable. They hug the body nicely and the tapes are doing a fantastic job. As memory serves, they don't hold really big wettings. It's a little wet now and we'll see how far I can push the envelope.

Inferior. Sorry, it's true.

They are somewhat cost-effective though, if you are incontinent. They are so loud, leaky and unreliable (to a debatable extent, depending on the wetting) that they just aren't worth it. They have to be changed more frequently, as well, which offsets the cheap per-"breif" cost.

I agree Depends are pretty good. If you are a heavy wetter then look for another diaper. However if you are a low to mid spurts or partial emptying of the bladder then Depends can be much better than Abena or Bambino because they aren't as visible (thinner).

Personally I like Tena Ultra however Abenas are awesome for the feel/thickness. I also don't flood my diaper so I don't worry about leaks like others do.

Inferior. Sorry, it's true.

The definition of 'inferior' is simply "lower in place, rank, or excellence", so if you're comparing Depend diapers to, say, Abena X-Plus, then, yes, in many ways they are inferior. But that doesn't mean they completely suck. I think Depend get a bad rap just because they're the readily-available standard to which all else is compared.

I happen to like Depend for a daytime diaper. While Depend's absorbency may leave something to be desired for y'all heavy wetters, I have to commend Kimberly-Clark on their construction. I don't know many diapers that have padding that will stay together for an 8+ hour day of working in a shop. They fit me nicely, are incredibly thin, quite comfortable, and the tapes hold fine. They have a smooth plastic cover, yet aren't too noisy under my shorts. I can walk into a quiet conference room and not be worried that I'm rustling.

I have tried dozens upon dozens of different diaper brands/types in my life, including some pretty exotic ones. I have several favorites I like for different reasons. But the diaper I've been grabbing lately when I want something discreet, yet comfortable, is Depend. B)

Well, chaps, I was the one who asked about the "new" Depends. No one got back, so I bought a pack. They weren't bad. For those who wet heavy, as I do through the night, Depend Boost liners are the answer, WHEN you can find them. They doa find job in any type of diaper. I'll give it to Depends for comfort and the tapes, 3 on each side makes for a great fit. Why the folks at K-C just don't put more padding inthe diaper puzzles all of us who buy and use them. Don't they hear us? Oh well, like so much in life, finding the "perfect' diaper is really a challenge. They all excel in some points and fail in others. However, that said, I will give Tranquility top marks on their ATN for effectiveness and overall price. Richt now, I'm trying At Ease, and find them commendable, even if they have cloth-like back. I still like my diaper to be white plastic...

I get hassled about this sometimes too, but I love the 3 tape design and crinkly plastic of a Depend, plus It's what I wore as a TeenBaby more than anything. I don't recommend them, but they're a personal favorite :)

post-12628-1241561352_thumb.jpg

post-12628-1241561352_thumb.jpg

I don't think Depends are all that bad myself. The old Depends I used to wear were pretty bad if memory serves me correct. But these new ones are a noticeable improvement. Sure they don't hold big wettings, but they do hold frequent spurts and constant dribbling.

I use them and they work okay for me. I like the high back, I love the plastic backing and I don't care what anyone says the tapes work great. If I'm going out somewhere where the crinkle factor might be an issue I just wear a pair of plastic pants over them which muffles them quite well. It's ironic that in a couple of threads people are railing (and rightly so) about babies not being changed in a timely manner yet so many here want diapers that they can wear and wet in for an entire day. I'd rather change a twenty cent diaper five times a day then a fifty cent diaper twice a day.

Hugs,

Freta

Those who think Depends suck are just spoiled... :P Compared to the cheaper store-brands, Depends are actually the best that're widely available for simple "go to the store and get diapers" diapers. Y'all think Depends suck? Try Walgreens store-brand diapers! Or many of the other cheap off-brands. I don't have the luxury of being able to order online, so I've tried every locally available store-brand and off-brand diapers. They're all inferior to Depends, on a similar scale to how Depends are inferior to the higher-end diapers available online. It's easy to knock a Caddy if you can afford a Rolls... But not when your other options are more along the lines of Ford or Chevy. In other words, y'all're being snobbs...

I happen to like Depend for a daytime diaper. While Depend's absorbency may leave something to be desired for y'all heavy wetters, I have to commend Kimberly-Clark on their construction. I don't know many diapers that have padding that will stay together for an 8+ hour day of working in a shop. They fit me nicely, are incredibly thin, quite comfortable, and the tapes hold fine. They have a smooth plastic cover, yet aren't too noisy under my shorts. I can walk into a quiet conference room and not be worried that I'm rustling.

I have tried dozens upon dozens of different diaper brands/types in my life, including some pretty exotic ones. I have several favorites I like for different reasons. But the diaper I've been grabbing lately when I want something discreet, yet comfortable, is Depend. B)

Granted, except in my opinion they are loud as hell. I worry about molicares rustling (which they somewhat do, especially noticable if it's quiet - people do sometimes notice these things) - and they are some of the quietest.

Granted, except in my opinion they are loud as hell. I worry about molicares rustling (which they somewhat do, especially noticable if it's quiet - people do sometimes notice these things) - and they are some of the quietest.

I think it really depends on what the person is looking for.

Heavy Wetters: Bambino/Molicare

Light Wetters: Depends

People who Prefer Clothlike backing: At Ease

Moderate To Heavy But Cost Effective: Assurance

& For Printed Diapers: Bambino

& thats only counting disposables so I think it varies from person to person. They need to come out with a diaper that descreet, but super absorbant & something more than just blocked baby prints. :wub:

I think it really depends on what the person is looking for.

Heavy Wetters: Bambino/Molicare

Light Wetters: Depends

People who Prefer Clothlike backing: At Ease

Moderate To Heavy But Cost Effective: Assurance

& For Printed Diapers: Bambino

& thats only counting disposables so I think it varies from person to person. They need to come out with a diaper that descreet, but super absorbant & something more than just blocked baby prints. :wub:

I havent tried the Assurance for a while, are you rating them more absorbent than Depends, or just cheaper to change more.

Thanks

Depends are horrible. The tapes are pure garbage and they don't make a smaller size. The small/medium make me feel like Steve Urkle becaue they ride so friggin high. Attends (3-tape) are far better than Depends are.

I still agree with me. I don't think any one can argue my post.

as a person that wears depends max. they dont hold up to heavy wettings. but they do get the job done, and they are easy to find and get as needed.

i can get one heavy wetting before its done for. and a couple light wettings, and a good messing before needing a changing.

as for wearing and wetting alot for a couple hrs not going to happen. unless you like cleaning up wet spots on your couch.

thats my .02

as a person that wears depends max. they dont hold up to heavy wettings. but they do get the job done, and they are easy to find and get as needed.

i can get one heavy wetting before its done for. and a couple light wettings, and a good messing before needing a changing.

as for wearing and wetting alot for a couple hrs not going to happen. unless you like cleaning up wet spots on your couch.

thats my .02

My experience has been Depend are great diapers, with a boost liner they handle floods well.. Lately I've really been into Bambino, but they don't take fast floods well at all, the only two times I've tried to "let loose" in them they've started dripping out the side. They hold more over all, if you let it out slowly over time. Depend will take less over all before it leaks, but it can take it at an incredibly fast pace. I love them.

thats my .02

I can typically mange 2 heavy wettings and a moderate wetting before they start to leak. Maybe part of this also has to do with bladder size?

I agree with thickndry. It's not terrible especially since some places only carry the Depends brand along with their own. So then Depends are more suitable than store brands. I found a way to pinch my pennies with the Depends. I bought a pack of baby cloth diapers and use them as soakers in my diapers. It's cheap, echo friendlier, and works perfectly for me. ;)

*shrug*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest artemis 327

They may suck, but (and this is the thing about them): I wouldn't know, having never been able to find anything but them. I wear the small/medium ones (31" waist, so definitely need it), and they could be better, but they're the best I have access to. Unless someone has a better suggestion at Eckerd's or CVS...

• 2 weeks later...