LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Leaving A Foley Catheter In Place To Become Incontinent

I was thinking receently about the prospect of me using catheters for extended periods of time so they completely destroy my sphincter muscles and bladder. Leaving me with an atrophied muscle. I understand that this will make me unable to uriarte and will have urine retention because the muscle is unable to function at all requiring me to have external sphincterotomy. I could say to doctors I was so embarrassed about my incontinence issues I turned to catherters without realizing what they were doing to my bladder. What do you think? Could it work.

PS. I undertsand about the possible infection risk so you don't need to tell me. I'll be really clean down there.

Personally I would just keep wearing 24/7. It is the safest and least invasive method to achieve your goal. I've been 24/7 for just over a year now and I can tell you that my control has been weakened significantly. I would imagine that if I continue 24/7 for another year I will be effectively incontinent.

Remember... nothing worthwhile is ever cheap or easy.

I have been fighting this sexual and emotional desire to become incontinent ever since I can remember. My earliest memery is at seven wanting to wear a used baby nappy I found on the street. Its something I don't take lightly. I want to be an incontinent person. I have spent months wearing continually and nothing happens, it feels like nothing is happening and I revert back to fantasizing and looking at ways to make myself incontinent. I'm bloody sick of spending countless hours lookingat ways.

I have read on many professional medical journals (which I have paid for) that wearing a catheter will seriously damage my bladder and sphincter to the point that they stop functioning althoughter. They lose the strength to even expel urine resulting in urine retention. I guess at this point my bladder would of severely shrunk and sphincter muscle atrophied to the point of no return. My only option being a external sphincterotomy resulting in total incontinence.

I don't understand why I have never thought of this before since its so in reach and easy to do. Please don't tell me I should think about going downn this road. I now what I want and have lived with this for 13 years. I want it.

Dude, if you're going to do the whole long term catheter thing, you're going to need to do it in a sterile manner, to avoid the risk of infection, and i'm not talking the it hurts when i pee infection, i'm talking about the "my kidneys have died and i need a kidney transplant and dialysis" kind of infection.

Do NOT leave the end of the catheter open, i.e. into your diaper, ever, except when changing from one bag to another. It is impossibly easy for bacteria to grow in that environment and then travel back up your foley and into your bladder. Use a leg bag for the day and a drainage bag at night so that you can sleep through the night.

When you put the catheter in, sterility is KEY. Get a sterile catheter kit and read on the internet or in a nursing book how to sterilely put one in. Make sure that you sterilize the head of your penis with the iodine contained in the kit. Better yet, get a nursing textbook or go to nursing school and learn how to do it, it's a great career.

Change the catheter AT LEAST every month to prevent infection from building up. Keep hydrated, and drink lots of cranberry juice to keep your urine clear, which will reduce the likelihood of getting an infection.

If you develop a fever of greater than 101 degrees Fahrenheit, or your urine becomes very cloudy and foul smelling, you should go see your doctor, so that they can properly treat your infection. Failure to do so can lead to infection higher up your urinary tract, and into your kidneys, which can make you die. So keep on top of it.

All that said, dude, don't try it this way. It'll take a longer time and be harder to stay on the bandwagon, but just go 24/7 for a year. If you find that you can't stand wearing diapers all day every day, it'll be better in the long run.

I'm just here to try and keep people healthy when they try the things they do, as that's what nurses do.

All the best luck,

-warpiper, RN

First off, as you have already noticed you will get lots of "you don't know what you're asking for" and "you have no idea how much I wish I had control" whiners that will contribute no value to your question but feel the need to point out what you want to do is wrong. Ignore them.

With that said.... you are probably looking at the most risky way to attempt to achieve incontinence. I'm not sure how long you'd have to keep a catheter in place in order to have the muscles become weak enough to lose control, but in my experience it's more than three weeks. That's the longest I have been cath'ed straight with no break and my muscles were back to normal within a few hours. When you have a catheter in place the body still attempts to use the bladder muscle from time to time.

I think I would explore hypnosis or just regular diaper wetting training before going down the catheter road for long term. Don't forget, this would be months of having a catheter in (with changes at times to keep things clean) which means you are going to get a few UTIs during that time (not a maybe, an absolute). You are also going to be constantly teathered to either a leg bag or a night bag, take into consideration how that would affect your life. It changes how you go about your everyday life... going to the gym, wearing shorts, etc.

InD

I was thinking receently about the prospect of me using catheters for extended periods of time so they completely destroy my sphincter muscles and bladder. Leaving me with an atrophied muscle. I understand that this will make me unable to uriarte and will have urine retention because the muscle is unable to function at all requiring me to have external sphincterotomy. I could say to doctors I was so embarrassed about my incontinence issues I turned to catherters without realizing what they were doing to my bladder. What do you think? Could it work.

PS. I undertsand about the possible infection risk so you don't need to tell me. I'll be really clean down there.

Not having any comment on the OP I'm going off-topic to this:

I understand that a fantasy is only a fantasy until you experience it... But once a fantasy has been experienced... it becomes old quick...

Fantasies are a passion :) and they do get old quick- but they don't get so old as to die if you find that like them :lol: There's always another angle, another aspect, something to add to it- which sometimes adds another new fastasy to the mix :blush: Living out some of my fantasies has been a let-down but a few times I discovered a whole new fantasy that made the original pale in comparison :rolleyes: Diapers have become a recurring theme in many of my untried fantasies since I accepted myself being a DL :D and like the rest maybe one day I'll try them for real. I'll always enjoy the "what if" feeling of my fantasies so I don't worry about losing interest in any of them- more will come to replace them!

Bettypooh

Essentially, the bladder is like a muscle. As with any muscle, it will waste away if not used regularly. Indeed, it has been demonstrated that after only six months on free-flow drainage using a leg bag, the bladder shrinks and ceases to function properly.

• Like 1

If you want to wear a catheter that much I do not see why you don't try it. Just be careful with hygiene, would love to hear how you get on with it over a long term wearing one. I believe that increasing the size may also help induce long term incontinence.

Essentially, the bladder is like a muscle. As with any muscle, it will waste away if not used regularly. Indeed, it has been demonstrated that after only six months on free-flow drainage using a leg bag, the bladder shrinks and ceases to function properly.

Cite your source please. Where has this been demonstrated?

InD

Cite your source please. Where has this been demonstrated?

InD

Google the whole paragraph. Will be the first websit to come up.

Many more websites documenting the effects of decreased muscle tone from continuous catheter drainage, this being the only one I found with a time scale.

From google books.,

Continuous bladder drainage with a catheter can also decrease bladder tone. Continuous bladder drainage prevents the bladder from ever filling, therefore strecth of the bladder musculature is limited, promoting bladder atrophy. After the removal of a catheter, some clients experience dribbling and difficulty with urinart control.

• 1 month later...

i have been down this road so here is my real life story. i wanted to be incotience so i put in a cathater in and left it open in my diaper for 3 days i even got off with the cathater in. this is not fun you feel like you are trying to push the cathater out. so i removed it and wraped it up for latter use. oh yah i forgot how many times my diapers leaked becuase i didn't know they were that full. so i did not wear the cathater for 2 days. in the days beetween the cathater use i leaked all the time so i wore diapers. then i decided to put the cathater back in so i washed it with soap and water then poured rubbing achohl done it and let it dry. i put it in and wore it for 2 days . but this time i cut the valve out of a leg bag and put it on the end of the cathater. so i wore it 2 days. then removed it for good. i had to wear diapers for 2 days becuased i leaked all the time. and did it burn every time i drink a lot of fluids. i even drank crangrape jucie. and the next time i did get off it looked like i had blown my nose after i had a sinus infection it came out green instead of white. so went to the doctor and did a urine sample and it was cloud and it smelled. i had a uti and a prostitis. if i had wated 1or 2 days more i would have been hospitalized. so i wanted to use a catheter again 2 months latter. so i put in a small catheter and had it loop around it self and conneted to a leg bag. so i went to the bathroom at night. cam out and the door squacked so i left it bearley open and this is the old wood doorswith steel plates on the end and i snaged the catheter on the knob and it pulled the catheter tight and knotted the loop so it could not drain and i turned and the steel plate was sharp and cut the catheter and it was cut realy short and up in side the penis it went and it would not drain . so i went to the hospital and the shoved a nother catheter in me till i could see a uroligist. witch was tuesday and was schedula for a ridged scope reteval and a new catheter that had to stay in for two weeks. they removed it and found that a scar had developed . now i leak all the time. and i change diapers 6 times a day i get so tired of carring a dipaer bag and that people at work will find out sence i work on a 64000 acre base and restrooms are few and far between. makes finding a place to change diapers and disposing of very hard and if it is rainnig or lighting i have to shut done operation and sit in the truck till it is all clear. not to mentchen the cost i spent about $1200 for diapers last years

I have tried this, years ago and still have vivid memories of the pain I had wearing the cathiter, every time you moved

the cathiter moved inside you rubbing bits like youre ureatha and the bottom of youre bladder.

Youre bladder also knows that there is something foreign in there and actually spasems in an effort to expell it. very painfull.

People who get indwelling cath fitted in hospital and by health proffesionals often get drugs to go with them to stop bladder

spasems.

The UTI threat is very real I've had two infections both of which lasted nearly a week and they are very unpleaseant, uncomfortable and very dangerous to youre kidneys.

This is something that from personal experiance I woulden't repeat, too much pain, no gain.

Also when the cathiter is fitted you don't have any feeling that you are actually peeing, it just slowly drips constantly

so you don't get the feeling of pleasure / relief that you do from peeing normally.

When you drain it into diapers, appart from the certainty of infection that constant slow drip soon adds up to many

priemium diapers during the daytime, the just get gradually soaked till they are heavy and cold.

At nighttime you will need more that just a normal single diaper as the amount realesed is huge, this is assuming you get any sleep due the constant uncomfort due to the cathiter .

A better way to youre goal would be condom caths and a legbag, then you can practise just letting go and keep doing it till it becomes routine, no health risk, no skin problems from wet diapers constantly. - Just my personal experiance - John.