LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Autism And Diapers?

i was discussing this with my friend who also has Asperger's.

we were mainly discussing the link between sensory input and diaper wearing.

my theory (through my own experience, research) just like some people on the spectrum are servery adverse to things like, clothes tags and scratchy sweaters. we also have a need for pleasant sensory input. the diapers being a comfortable softness that is incomparable to underwear.

also, i guess you could consider my pacifier a "stim toy" ?

The points I was trying to make, but may have confused some people here....

#1 With a birth / shortly after birth diagnosed issue such as, but not limited to ADHD, Aspergers, CP plus plus, parents and careers tend to, for some, overprotect the child to such an extent that they can over infantilise the child. This can have long reaching mental issues that the child has to deal with.

#2 When the issue is not diagnosed, parents and careers tend to force the child to grow up before his/her time.

Both the parental / career actions of #1 and #2 can be triggers / driving force to create an interest in ABDL play, but they are usually not the only seed.

ABDL Seeds / Triggers (not complete list)

• Usually around puberty, either before, during or after.
  • Issues around bedwetting
  • Issues around daytime wetting / messing   

The issues can be with self, others within your circle - and/or younger sibling still in diapers. Something caused you to look into obtaining diapers for self. Most ABDLs seek the diaper first, and the baby paraphanalia second - and are looking for acceptance to their actions. This is where some of the group of people who have medically diagnosed issues tend to merge with the ABDL - as a way to find self acceptance for their actions.

Life itself is very complex, and we make choices based on our own experience and knowledge base at the time of the choice. Some people, group #1, may have been too protected and are rebeling to that. Others of the same group are trying to relive that. Group #2 - where parents etc. force children to mature early - tend to attempt to relive childhood. Micheal Jackson seems to have tried that when he built Neverland (Ferris Wheel, Carousel, Zoo, Movie Theatre). Many child actors did similar, but not as public or as extravagant as M. Jackson. Fiction, where fiction is based on fact, did similar - see CSI King Baby episode The last scene in this episode where Grissom is talking...

Grissom: Why not? Where would you go if you had the connections and the cash to go anywhere you wanted?
Brass: I hear Fiji's nice.
Grissom: Eiger went further. He went all the way back to his childhood.

... and tells us, if one has the connections and all the cash to go anywhere one choses, where would one go? This CSI fiction is based on someones fact - we as humans cannot create, we just change what we already know.

As a result, entering the ABDL community is a free choice, but almost inevitable for some - and maybe in future generations, could be inevitable for all.

• 11 months later...

I have bipolar, ASD 2 and ADHD spinal and feet issues and underactive bladder and continence issues.

I have been told by numerous treating Psychiatrists my control freak and OCD issues are part of my Aspergers (original diagnosis) / ASD 2 (since DSM5).

I have told my Urologist, psychiatrist and psychologist Id rather be totally urinary incontinent rather than my bladder having a mind of its own and not be able to control it all time I did express my logic well I have been told by numerous Neurosurgeons and Urologists I will never have a fully behaving bladder as well as I dehydrate myself due to painfully fully bladder or urgency I just rather leak all the time as it is I wake up for the bathroom 5+ times a night and have falls about once per week due to Psych sleeping meds and mobility issues and as well as have severe sleep apnea on top I rather just have a soaked nappy/diaper/pad to deal with in the morning.

Since my issues started in 2009 when I excerbated my spinal issue which no one knew I had prior I started researching about incontinence and came across these types of sites, which I am embarrased to say I enjoy the fiction stories on here (not sure if that also makes me ABDL) and also wear Bambino Magnifico Adult Nappies instead of the continence nurse prescribed Bambino Bianco Ultra Stretch All White Diapers which are the same instead of the print but the plain white are limited stock in Australia and all medical Diapers/nappies in Australia are cloth backed which irritates my skin and pullup type which I can get away with causes bad chaffing and slips as it doesnt fit my body type and not adjustable,

• Like 1