LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When Your Ill

Hi,

Today I have a very bad cold and ache all over. I feel so tired and Nicky is at work. Just wondering when your ill are you like me? All I want is to have mummy come home and take care of me. Give me a cuddle and a kiss and maybe a nice bath. Then a nice bottle and just basically cuddle me all night long. That would be so nice. I find that even if I haven't been in 'kid mode' for a long time as soon as I feel ill I kind of involuntarily go into it. Anyone else like me?

Ill myself due to drugs I'm on this week, and spending 5 hours in a smoky club for an Autism Benefit last night (Fights and Concerts.)

What do I want, a dry diaper, a cool room with a soft comfy blanky and big fluffy pillows :)

when i'm sick i just want to curl up in bed and read a good book. I actually dont want to be a baby or anything at all when i'm sick... maybe because i dont want to associate being sick with ab play... but i also feel bad when my boyfriend/daddy has to 'take care of me' and the mosti'll ask him to do is go downstairs and get me a drink or something, but usually i make him go out and have fun with his friends..

it almost takes an act of GOD to get me to take a day off work and stay home.

I have been at my job for over 3 and a half years and never called off for being sick. Almost everyone goes to work where I am at when they feel like s**t. They will cough their lungs out before they lose hours. Guess what, we work around food! Come eat at the McDonalds that I work at! ;)

As for me, I do not want anything special when I am sick. I just grit my teeth and get through it. I typically avoid any kind of drugs if possible.

my employer is quite good in regards to sick time, we get 80 hours of sick time a year, 3 personal days and 80 hours of paid vacation.. we are actually encouraged to call out sick when we are actually ill, so as to risk spreading it around!.. and knowing we will not be losing a day of pay makes it easier for those who are sick to actually call out............ given all that..... i dont call out lol

Typically when I'm sick I work through it. When I really feel like crap all I want is to curl up on the couch with a pillow and fuzzy warm blankie and rest and have hubby take care of me like a little kid.

I am feeling kinda crap right now and sooooooo wish "Daddy" could take care of me but I have so much to do at work I'm even going in on my days off to get stuff done. Coffee in the morning and my meds in the afternoon and I'm good to go...sorta LOL

my employer is quite good in regards to sick time, we get 80 hours of sick time a year, 3 personal days and 80 hours of paid vacation.. we are actually encouraged to call out sick when we are actually ill, so as to risk spreading it around!.. and knowing we will not be losing a day of pay makes it easier for those who are sick to actually call out............ given all that..... i dont call out lol

at my job, if you do not have a doctor's note, you get written up. there are no benefits for working at where i work. i have been there over 3 and a half years, been promoted and only making $0.10 USD above min wage! there is almost no way to get paid vacation, the managers don't care, the people being assigned to be crew trainers are a joke, and no regular crew cares!

at my job, if you do not have a doctor's note, you get written up. there are no benefits for working at where i work. i have been there over 3 and a half years, been promoted and only making $0.10 USD above min wage! there is almost no way to get paid vacation, the managers don't care, the people being assigned to be crew trainers are a joke, and no regular crew cares!

yeah most retail and restaurant jobs are like that.. i used to work retail, and while part time employees qualified for minimal vacation and sick time... and health insurance, you couldn't find a doctor that would take the insurance and if u did it was still rediculously expensive, and when you called out they guilt tripped you when you came back in.

When sick, I just want a really dark room, my Tempur-Pedic sleeping mask, and a place to lie down. The quieter and darker the better.

^_^

yeah most retail and restaurant jobs are like that.. i used to work retail, and while part time employees qualified for minimal vacation and sick time... and health insurance, you couldn't find a doctor that would take the insurance and if u did it was still rediculously expensive, and when you called out they guilt tripped you when you came back in.

Jeez, US employment right are a little on the thin side! In UK, everyone is entitled to 4 weeks fully paid holiday per annum, and many give more - I get close to 5 weeks. Sick leave is a 'funny' one. My law, after 3 days off sick, you're entitled to 'SSP' - statatory sick pay, which is a rubbish amount, however, most eomplyers give full paid sick pay (well, all companies I work for - and I too work in the retail industry, although I'm no longr in stores). Oh, and our health care is free (and I get additional private insurance paid for by my company) :P:P

What are these 'personal days'? I've heard of some companies offering 'bed days', which are days where you can simply phone in before work and tell them you can't be bothered to go in - these the same thing?

Like you sarah_ab, we're encouraged to take time off if ill - stops everyone else getting it. As for being at work in a restaurant when ill; in the UK, depending on the illness, it's illigal for your employer to keep you at work - same goes for any shop selling food.

the us has no laws mandating paid holidays sick time or personal days.. we also have no mandated holidays... so employers can make their employees work any day of the year including commonly celebrated religious holidays such as christmas or easter... however if the person has religious values which forbid them from working on certain days, such as some religions do not allow people to work on a friday or saturday, companies cannot make employees work those days... so will usually just schedule those days as the persons days off

yeah personal days are for things like a child's field trip, or if you want to say go to a show or something ... basically u can use them interchangably with vacation..

most employers here, if you are sick for three or more days in a row you need a doctors note saying you are too sick to go into work.. which doesn't help when most jobs dont provide medical care! how can u afford to get a doctors note with no insurance. its one of the reasons so many people go into work sick...

When I am unwell, I don't get any time off without it sacrificing my job. That is the benefit of being self-employed - you only get paid / make money when you are working, and loose money/clients etc when you are unwell. Long term sickness would bankrupt me, and i would be living in a cardboard box. Yes, I know that in some jobs, the sick benefits are pathetic at best, but think of it this way, while you are employed, you being sick will not cost you everything that you own.

Still, when I am unwell, I do regress if I have someone to care for me - otherwise, I force myself to carry on reguardless while working from home with a computer and a phone. I like the concept in the company whom encourages staff, when unwell, to stay away from their place of work. It is a huge pity that all companies don't enforce this, as to do so would hugely reduce the huge spread of disease, reduce sick days, and also reduce the growth in antibiotic resistant virus, and over time, eliminate most common diseases.

When I'm ill I just want to be left alone to heal, undisturbed amd unspoken to :o I work under contract which means that my undone work has to be completed by me, ontime, and with no excuses accepted :angry: Like all the others I work with, I go in to work as long as I can work at all :blush: I don't have to be in close contact with others though I normally am. We just make sure everyone knows if we're conatgious and keep a safe distance away till it's over B)

Bettypooh

You guys should unionize. Employees shouldn't be allowed to be treated like that.

You guys should unionize. Employees shouldn't be allowed to be treated like that.

heheh fast food workers of the world unite!!!!

seriously a lot of it has to do with employers/managers being unaware of local Labor and Industry laws and of employees being unaware of these same laws.

I was MISERABLE Sunday morning and I should not have even been to work, but I still had to go in. I am a dishwasher at a restaurant and I had no choice but to go into work and do my Sunday Brunch shift. I was MISERABLE the whole day. The restaurant industry sucks at that, they don't like to let their employees take time off work or vacations. I work 25 hours a week, and I get no vacation or benefits. It's not fun, but it is a job.

When I am sick I want one of my stuffed killer whales with me and my blankie.

Today however, I feel better, but I am still coughing and hacking up a bit. But at least I feel better.

BabyChris121675

When I'm sick, it depends on how sick as to if I work or not. It's quite literally impossible to do a bunch of manual labor if you're spending all day hunched over throwing up, dealing with diarrhea, or both. It's also impossible to work with a very severe migraine, as there comes a point where the pain inhibits sight and coordination enough to make you a danger to yourself and others. At times like these, I do often wish I had a girlfriend to cuddle with.

Of course, I often have that wish even without being sick... ;)

The restaurant industry sucks at that, they don't like to let their employees take time off work or vacations. I work 25 hours a week, and I get no vacation or benefits. It's not fun, but it is a job.

BabyChris121675

but u still only work 25 hours a week, imagine working 40 hours a week, and going to school all while trying to maintain a happy relationship and make new friends..

trust me your lucky only working 25 hours a week!