LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Tapes?

Diaper666

hey any one ever wonder what kinda tape they use on diapers to hold them in place cause ive had some cheaper brands ive worn tear and had to use tape to hold them into place.What i was wondering was if that any one knows were you can buy just diaper tapes for when you can or need to change them instead of using regular tape or in my case that medical tape for bandages

hey any one ever wonder what kinda tape they use on diapers to hold them in place cause ive had some cheaper brands ive worn tear and had to use tape to hold them into place.What i was wondering was if that any one knows were you can buy just diaper tapes for when you can or need to change them instead of using regular tape or in my case that medical tape for bandages

I used packing tapes with my abenas cause those stupid tapes don't hold to save their lives. You'd think for almost 2 bucks a diaper they'd be pimpin some super glue on the tapes.

~Brian

I used packing tapes with my abenas cause those stupid tapes don't hold to save their lives. You'd think for almost 2 bucks a diaper they'd be pimpin some super glue on the tapes.

~Brian

Get some bambinos then. They're about the same price and they haven't torn on me yet.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

Get some bambinos then. They're about the same price and they haven't torn on me yet.

The Angel of Hope,

Alice

I usually do, last case of abenas were only 37 bucks so I couldn't pass up. I've heard the bambinos have taken a digger on quality though, a bit worried about that before committing to almost 100 bucks.

I have a flat stomach and I still need duct tape over my tapes to keep them in place, I think it's more about how active you are and the cost of the diapers.

I use cheap diapers and I need tape over the tabs, but I don't need to tape over the secure Xplus tabs because they stick good, that is when I have some secures to use.

The best tape I have found is plastic or PVC tape. At my work we also use shrink wrap tape, which is similar to plastic tape and it holds pretty good. Unfortunatly it is kindof expensive and hard to find. You might find it at the larger home improvement stores or marine supply stores. If you cant find any of the plastic tape, clear automotive duct tape works really good as well. When ever I used it on my diapers it held extreamly well, and was semi clear so it didnt look too bad. Hope this helps.

Any mass-produced product will have occasional problems with certain 'batches' of their product, but when it's always a problem, there's no excuse for it :angry: I guess what they;re trying to achieve is a balance between 'refastenable' and 'secure' and I can see that this would be hard to do, but being secure is obviously more necessary here :rolleyes: Many types of tape will work for added security, just avoid any that are easily torn or that will lose adhesion with warmth or perspiration. I like white so I've always used cloth medical adhesive tape when I had to make up for poor manufacturing quality tapes. Not really cheap, but it works well and gives me what I want :blush:

Honestly, as widespread as this problem is and knowing that some manufacturers can do it right, there's no reason that all of them can't :o unless they're simply uncaring or too greedy to spend a few cents more to make a diaper that would be a lot better afterwards :P

Bettypooh

I brought it up sometime ago in another post. Some years ago I was in a local babies-r-us and they had something called diaper tape. It was a little wider than scotch tape but was in the same type of dispenser. Not sure if they still carry it anymore due to diapers going to clothlike and velcro type fasteners.

Might wanna cruise your local store to see though.

Guest diapered469

I find with most tapes, even on lesser quality diapers, how you put them on means a great deal for how well they stay on.

If you get powder or lotion on the adhesive, you're definitely going to have problems. Also, I find that if after you tape the diaper on, if you hold down the tape for a while while pressing it in to the diaper, the adhesive will work much better. I do that with Abenas and Depends, and they usually work fine.

Speaking as both a DL, and a union construction worker.......in my experience, diaper tapes hold well, if you don't try pulling them on too tight. That's the thing that seems to make the tapes want to come un-done more than any other factor. Also, as you're taping it up, it REALLY helps if both the diaper itself, and your hands are clean. Tape doesn't like sticking to dirty surfaces. The blue masking tape "painters tape" is designed to pull off cleanly & easily, so as to not mar the finished surface being protected, so ....blue tape sucks. Best thing I ever tried (other than not making the mistake of taping too tightly) is 2" duct tape, either clear or white. Works well, but again, the diaper surface must be clean & free of all "bad stuff" (greasiness, powder, dirt, moisture, etc). Also. duct tape has been outlawed recently as a approved method of patching holes & gaps in air conditioning ductwork !!! (No more duct tape on the ductwork). Finally.....yeah, you're right...it IS always an electrical problem! I guess that's part of the reason I get paid $53/hour... :o:lol::D:whistling::thumbsup:

what I do when I need extra holding power is to get out the DUCT TAPE and wrap it around like a belt.

Several rounds of duct tape and that feels tight enough to hold up a heavy set of diapers.

And I can get the average grey Duct tape, or Blue, or red or yellow... what other colors are there?

but then the duct tape gets me thinking about the bondage side of things, but just a thought though...

I tell you what I think is an ideal solution - medical tape.

When I was just getting my insulin pump my mom would keep the wire leading to the IV in place with a strip of what I think is called medical tape to my body. I'm not entirely sure where she got it or even if that's what it's called, but it was plenty sticky, a little stretchy lengthwise, and mostly clear with a weird texture on the non-sticky side. (I'm amazing at descriptions, could you tell?) It was years between me bothering to use the that tape - it didn't do much for the IV so I stopped bothering - and being, ah, too flowing for pull-ups at night, but as memory serves it was the same thickness at least. I don't know, it sounds like a good solution to me but I've never had much worry about tapes so your mileage may vary.