LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Who All Still Live At Home

University only works if you go into an actual field that generates income. A bachelor's in English means you just flip burgers with a slightly more refined dialog. I don't think most college kids realize how certain degrees are pretty much useless.(English plus teaching equals good job, and stuff like that but why pay for a liberal arts degree. you just graudated highschool, why repeat it.)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys keep forgetting about associates degrees. its mainly a two year degree that will get you into the workplace ready trained.. such as medical transcriptionist, dental hygenist, early childhood education teacher, some it jobs, along with many other paraprofessional careers.

Also, just a note... a manager at mcdonalds, who does not need anything other than a high school diploma and experience in management to qualify, can make up to 50,000 to start.

you guys keep forgetting about associates degrees. its mainly a two year degree that will get you into the workplace ready trained.. such as medical transcriptionist, dental hygenist, early childhood education teacher, some it jobs, along with many other paraprofessional careers.

Also, just a note... a manager at mcdonalds, who does not need anything other than a high school diploma and experience in management to qualify, can make up to 50,000 to start.

In some places, here to get your ECE you need to take 3 years. Same with Dental Hygienist or Assistant.

It all depends on where your birthday falls, as well, and when you started school. I technically should have graduated last year, but I didn't, so I'm a year older than most of my peers (there are quite a few the same age as I, as well, though.)

Erm, so yeah.... While in Britian you're in high school until you're 16, you still have to take that optional education, and *then* university. Why not make it easier, and just do highschool until 17/18, and then go straight to university?

Our highschools here as well have three level options, Workplace, College and University....

Workplace bound kids are doing just that, going into the workplace, or apprenticeships. College classes will get you into College, while University courses will get you into University, or College. If you go into college with university courses they add 10%, since they're more difficult. So my 88% is worth a 98%

they won't be making $50k still working at McD's. The managers at the mcdonalds where i work only make about $0.50 above min. They just promoted a jackass that shouldn't even be a crew trainer to manager so being a manager there isn't saying much..,. this dude quit once and then came back. he has only been there about a year and a few months and had only been a crew trainer for a couple months. (crew -> crew trainer -> manager) i have been a crew trainer for over 2 years (been there 3 yrs, 5 months, and 8 days) and haven't even been considered for management even though i do a better job than most of the managers.

How does one get that experience in management though?

if ur referring to mcdonalds managers, you have to be just dumb enough to work there long enough but not smart enough to realize how much you are getting screwed to be promoted to management. (its not worth it!!!)

Erm, so yeah.... While in Britian you're in high school until you're 16, you still have to take that optional education, and *then* university. Why not make it easier, and just do highschool until 17/18, and then go straight to university?

You don't have to go onto the optional education, hence optional :P It weeds out the people who don't really want to be in education, the ones who screw around and ruin it for everyone else. It also creates a more relaxed atmosphere. In college it goes from calling your teachers 'Mr. X' to 'John' or whatever their name is. The average college fee is £40 too. For an entire years worth of study, plus there are government finance options where the government will sponsor lower income families to go to college. You can earn up to £30 a week just by turning up

Personally I think that's the better system. But I guess you'll always favour the system you grew up with

How does one get that experience in management though?

how you get experience in anything.. you do it.... either you were a manager at another place, or you have other leadership eperience, perhaps just being a 'department' head, or shift leader etc... whatever the company calls it.

Guest dl_aslee

My point was you can't just get a management job without either working under management first and being promoted or getting some sort of diploma, such as getting a degree in business management, though certainly most food service jobs would probably consider you over qualified for just managing a store, maybe if you want to become a regional manager though.

Damn 40 a year? I know that is more in US, but still only like around $100 a year. I'm paying US$4000 a year, though being low income most, but not all of it gets paid by government grants. Usually still have to pay around $500 myself, no including books.

• 3 weeks later...

College student, broke and living at home. Right now, I see a can see an empty bag of molicares in my trash can- and my stack of diapers in the closet. The powder is on the bed. My parents don't really invade my room, or have any reason to go in my closet- so there is no reason for me to hide them. I guess I am a lucky for having parents that respect my privacy.

I used to keep them all in an acoustic guitar case that was big enough for a full pack. Good place for any DL musician!

Damn 40 a year? I know that is more in US, but still only like around $100 a year. I'm paying US$4000 a year, though being low income most, but not all of it gets paid by government grants. Usually still have to pay around $500 myself, no including books.

40 Euros is around 65 US...

And that's for the college, I'd imagine they pay more for actual University?

American Universities are absolutely ridiculous when it comes to tuition. I was looking at NWU, but after international fees - accommodations and everything else I'd be very, VERY broke. My tuition for next year is under 2200, before books (and should still be under after books, too)

i still live at home. i keep a diaper stash in a big nylon bag i never really used in my closet behind some other stuff. i also keep diapers in another box in my closet and my onesy, plastic pants and such in an unused dresser in my room. as far as i know, noone has stumbled on anything of mine. lucky that my sisters dont snoop and my mom respects my privacy.

thankfully my work schedual got shifted around recently so that im home alone 3 days during the week when my mom and sisters are out at work and school. and my little brother is off at college and seldom comes home unannounced. i just wish my sisters were at school longer during the day.

in the usa, the word college and university is often used interchangable and while there are some difference when a college becomes a university, a lot of people will say i'm going to college or i'm going to university and it will mean the same thing. There is a difference however between a community college and a 4 year degree college....

I still live with my parent because I have no other option. I go to community college and I still haven't gotten a job yet. I'm looking at place right now and I'm going to see if my college will help me at all. Once I do get a job, I'm gonna save up for when I eventually graduate and move out. I might buy stuff along the way, but nothing big. I just some kind of employment. OBAMA SAVE ME!!!

I still live with my parent because I have no other option. I go to community college and I still haven't gotten a job yet. I'm looking at place right now and I'm going to see if my college will help me at all. Once I do get a job, I'm gonna save up for when I eventually graduate and move out. I might buy stuff along the way, but nothing big. I just some kind of employment. OBAMA SAVE ME!!!

ask obama for a bail out! the gov is giving them out every other day recently

You could say I still live at home. My family and I moved into my great aunt and uncle's old home. When my aunt and uncle died my grandparents bought the home and property. When my family and I had to move due to my dad's job we bought the house from my grandparents. There were already two garages on the property, one of which my grandparents let me turn into a studio apartment. So, I can wear and keep my diapers out there but come into my parents' home to do my laundry and to eat. (I am afraid to eat what I cook myself! :lol: )

In the U.s. it's about the amount of time verses the schooltype(with some exceptions). As far as diapers, ordering is an ordeal as I try to plan it around my folks not being home, howver the privacy is pretty easy, I throw out my trash every few days and i hide my stash in my closet.

I still live at home. That'll teach me for going to a well known UK car supermarket beginning with C a few years ago.

My stash is well hidden (and requires pre planning to get one out). I have the bonus of having a very cluttered 6X9 room which nobody ventures in as well.

Still at home and quite honestly, anywhere I can.

I've had things in the trunk of my car, filing cabinets (that lock), a locking box and backpacks that I've attached locks to ...

So far so good but I need a more permanent location, that's for sure. The filing cabinets are the best idea I have at this point.