LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

You Choice For Skin Barrier And Healing Ointment

Curious to know what you use to prevent and treat diaper rash.

At night I always add baby powder. But the other morning when I woke up my testicles were burning. So I'm back to adding a barrier, extra step since I'm diapering in bed I need to use a glove to apply the barrier.

I use zinc oxide, A&D and Provon's barrier. There was one that I love {RashMist} and use to get from Wal-Mart. I can't get it there anymore and it's expensive for a 2.5 oz. bottle. It's great since you spray it on and it feels so cool going on.

Is anyone familiar with bag balm, I hear good things about it.

Phil

The best thing I have ever found to heal skin problems, either from wet diapers or just raw from chafing is a product called Sween Cream. It's sold for urinary skin problems and once you put it on it takes very little time to clear up the problem, usually the same day or overnight. It's hard to find but anyone interested should ask medical supply stores if they carry it.

I'll check about the Sween Cream.

I went to Wal-Mart looking for the bag balm, I found something that was similar called Utter... I didn't get it because I was then wondering if there are any oils in it that will rot my plastic pants!

I wear disposables at night and when I get up I put on plastic pants to prevent leaks.

Phil

The best thing I have ever found to heal skin problems, either from wet diapers or just raw from chafing is a product called Sween Cream. It's sold for urinary skin problems and once you put it on it takes very little time to clear up the problem, usually the same day or overnight. It's hard to find but anyone interested should ask medical supply stores if they carry it.

Try these links to learn more about Sween Cream and also where you can order it:

http://www.sweenstore.com/sweencream.html

http://www.drugs.com/cdi/sween-cream.html

http://www.WoundCareShop.com

http://www.nextag.com/sween-cream/compare-html

If you do a google search for sween cream you will find a lot of sites and links with great information and even testemonials from people and health care providers who have used it.

At night I use Desitin. When spreading it on I also use those disposible gloves (use to have a very hard time getting that stuff off of my hands).

Additionally, I do use condom cath's quite often , before putting one of those on I apply a thin coating of Carlesta on just the head of my penis. Also if I do develop a diaper rash , I use the Carlesta on the affected area, helps heal it quick

So does anyone know if Carlesta, sween cream or bag balm are oil base?

I don't want to rot my plastic pants!!!

Phil

At night I use Desitin. When spreading it on I also use those disposible gloves (use to have a very hard time getting that stuff off of my hands).

Additionally, I do use condom cath's quite often , before putting one of those on I apply a thin coating of Carlesta on just the head of my penis. Also if I do develop a diaper rash , I use the Carlesta on the affected area, helps heal it quick

PhilDl: I haven't had a problem with my plastic pants(FYI, I wear them over a disposable diaper) with using the Desitin (and I use it every night), as for the Carlesta, I don't need to use it too often (thank God), but it hasn't harmed the pants yet. and BTW, the Carlesta does contain different oil products in it. As for those others I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...

i use a product called flanders butt ointment, its works great, i get diaper rash alot, i thought after time my butt would be like leather and not get so rashed up. nope my doctor said to use this stuff, or boudraux's butt paste. both work good. i now use it all the time, since im tired of having a red burning butt. diaper rash is a pain in the butt to have. lol

• 1 month later...

I'll check about the Sween Cream.

I went to Wal-Mart looking for the bag balm, I found something that was similar called Utter... I didn't get it because I was then wondering if there are any oils in it that will rot my plastic pants!

I wear disposables at night and when I get up I put on plastic pants to prevent leaks.

Phil

My friend who I am showing the foum to says the sween works great for her. I don't know, I never tried it. She buys it here.....

http://www.directbuymedical.com/front.asp?pid=16

So does anyone know if Carlesta, sween cream or bag balm are oil base?

I don't want to rot my plastic pants!!!

Phil

One of the best investments I have ever made was "Euroflex" pants. Expensive, but still going after years.

Even skin oils have made serveral different types of pants I have owned stiff. Not so with the Euroflex, best price around is LLmedico.com