LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

But, But...your Honor

Moral: Never assume. Get all sides of the story before making a judgement.

moogle

Excellent Quote Moogs. In Addition I Would Add that when Someone Assumes, They Make an A$$ out of You & Me. Another Good Reason Why We Should Never Assume.

Rockies Fan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either that or babythorp left DD because

<sarcasm> people are just so mean to him, Repaid...He's always the victim, remember? </sarcasm>

After

1. reading babythorp's posts

2. talking to babythorp, before his pm's were shut off by his mommy, or whatever happened exactly

3. reading people's responses to babythorp's posts

4. re-reading a lot of his posts

5. re-reading the responses from people

6. actually talking to some of those who put out negative responses to learn their thoughts of what prompted the responses

7. then re-reading all the posts again from a new perspective...

I saw that he really did act victim-like, when all the people who replied to him were trying to do was learn about him and attempting to understand, but he took it as an attack...Maybe the replies were worded in such a way that he didn't understand or that he misinterpreted... but regardless...It seemed that he just assumed everyone was out to get him, when in reality that wasn't the case, and from that assumption got angry/upset/just plain old defensive...which made him seem even less trustworthy, and because of his defensiveness, not many believe him or his stories now...

What he should have done, was talk to the people whose reactions seemed negative to get a new perspective (if he actually even has the ability to see from a viewpoint other than his own)...then he would realize that the people posting negative responses (which, after seeing from the poster's viewpoint, really wasn't all that negative until AFTER babythorp got defensive over simple questions) had no malicious intent...

I'm not free from assumption myself...I had assumed, before I spoke with the people I did about their responses, that they didn't like babythorp for what he is/claims himself to be (a baby/toddler)...When in reality, they didn't like him for who he is/his reactions in general...and I almost left DD because of this assumption. Now, after hearing thoughts straight from the posters that are "against" babythorp, I'm glad I haven't left DD, because my assumption was wrong.

Now he's gone from DD, or lurking, or taking a break, or in trouble with his Mommy, or something...and it's because of assumption...

~ moogle

That's right Moogle, there were obvious comparisons between your own lifestyle and Babythorp's, but to my mind that's where the comparison ends. ;)

You know we're a pretty diverse group on here (we couldn't get much more diverse, lol) and we all enjoy different things, which is how it should be. I don't think anyone was judging the guy on his choice of lifestyle, how could we? We were judging him on his silly antics and behaviour toward other members. For me it summed him up when he said in one of his posts (I think it was after we defended another member) that we should only defend ourselves, i.e. attack only when we personely are attacked. To me that's just looking out for number one, and that's not what a community is about.

Beth

It seems that this may be something of a pattern for young Mr. Thorp. Sometimes when I'm very, very bored I will pop into ABCamp for a momentary browse. I ran across his posts there a couple of months ago (they were all on the same topics as the ones he posted here - no pubic hair, kiddie credit card, etc). He also accused the posters there of being mean to him and then up and disappeared about the same time as he started his posting here.

I was tempted to post responses a number of times to his threads on here but stopped myself. I've seen too many BabyThorp types over the years and I guess I'm just getting mighty tired of them.

It seems that this may be something of a pattern for young Mr. Thorp. Sometimes when I'm very, very bored I will pop into ABCamp for a momentary browse. I ran across his posts there a couple of months ago (they were all on the same topics as the ones he posted here - no pubic hair, kiddie credit card, etc). He also accused the posters there of being mean to him and then up and disappeared about the same time as he started his posting here.

I was tempted to post responses a number of times to his threads on here but stopped myself. I've seen too many BabyThorp types over the years and I guess I'm just getting mighty tired of them.

So, he's done this before? Hmmmm...So he's not as much like me as I once thought...I don't spam...

~ moogle

~ moogle

What a terrible moral.

First of all, you can't stop yourself from assuming things. You have to assume a lot of things on a day to day basis. You have to assume people around you are nice people, you have to assume that you'll survive another day and so on.

Secondly, some assumptions form the basis of our life and being. For one, we assume that all of this (the world we live in) is real. We also have to assume there is a point to life (actually, this doesn't go for everybody, some people can still go on when everything is/seems pointless).

Thirdly, it's not the assumption that is dangerous, but seeing it as truth is. When you make an assumption, you shouldn't forget it's an assumption, excepting in a few exceptions, such as the examples of the assumptions given above.

And lastly, assumptions are there to be used until they can be confirmed or discredited.

*takes a seat by Sarah*

To be honest, i have no idea what the food "spam" is. It doesn't look good though, from what i've seen.

-Sophie

In this country SPAM is symbolic of WW2, mainly because you guys shipped it to us and for many years it was about the only meat we could get in decent amounts. I like it, it's nice in a sandwich.

Beth

oh

my

GOD!!!

i had spamoosobee? (ok i have no idea how to spell it, but pronounces spam moose ew bee) its a hawaiian food, its white rice, in a block, with a fried piece of spam on top, wrapped in nori (seaweed) it was the most delicious thing i've had in forever!!!!

Rofl, this is one of the Biggest Reasons Why I Like this Community, Because We Have All taken this Topic (Which I Think was Meant to be a Negatitive one), & We Have Turned it into a Completely Different & Postitive Topic. Way to Go, DD Community!

Rockies Fan.

does spam even count as red meat? isn't it sort of a pork based product, like a hotdog or bologna?

Pork and ham (the ingredients in Spam) are considered red meat.

From Wiki:

In gastronomy, pork is traditionally considered a white meat, but in nutritional studies, it is usually grouped with beef as red meat, and public perceptions have been changing. Its myoglobin content is lower than beef, but much higher than chicken white meat. The USDA treats pork as a red meat.Pork is very high in thiamine.

In 1987 the U.S. National Pork Board, began an advertising campaign to position pork as "the other white meat" due to a public perception of chicken and turkey (white meat) as more healthy than red meat. The campaign was highly successful and resulted in 87% of consumers identifying pork with the slogan. As of 2005, the slogan is still used in marketing pork, with some variations.

The only white meat is fowl/poultry.

~ moogle