LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Quotations

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Why don't I buy you expensive jewelry? Because expensive jewelry costs more."

-- a man I know named Crazy Joe to his wife.

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

-- Benjamin Franklin in An Historical Review of the Constitution and Government of Pennsylvania

"Father into your hands, I commend my spirit

Father into your hands

Why have you forsaken me

In your eyes forsaken me

In your thoughts forsaken me

In your heart forsaken, me oh

Trust in my self righteous suicide

I, cry, when angels deserve to die

In my self righteous suicide"

-- System of a Down, "Chop Suey"

Guest diapered469

To WhiteComfort: Your 'attitude' quote is fantastic. A friend of mine gave me a framed printout of that quote. It's kinda cheesy, but optimism is important.

One of my other favorite quotes, from Shawshank Redemption: Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.

• 3 weeks later...

Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you; if you don't bet, you can't win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any priest or shaman must be presumed guilty until proved innocent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

There is no conclusive evidence of life after death. But there is no evidence of any sort against it. Soon enough you will know. So why fret about it?

Delusions are often functional. A mother's opinions about her children's beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth.

A generation which ignores history has no past -- and no future.

A poet who reads his verse in public may have other nasty habits.

It's amazing how much "mature wisdom" resembles being too tired.

If you don't like yourself, you can't like other people.

Your enemy is never a villain in his own eyes. Keep this in mind; it may offer a way to make him your friend. If not, you can kill him without hate -- and quickly.

A motion to adjourn is always in order.

Of all the strange "crimes" that human beings have legislated out of nothing, "blasphemy" is the most amazing -- with "obscenity" and "indecent exposure" fighting it out for second and third place.

Cheops' Law: Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget.

It is better to copulate than never.

Money is a powerful aphrodisiac. But flowers work almost as well.

A brute kills for pleasure. A fool kills from hate.

When the need arises -- and it does -- you must be able to shoot your own dog. Don't farm it out -- that doesn't make it nicer, it makes it worse.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Be careful of whose toes you step on toady because they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!

I heard a good quotation today that I've never heard before:-

"Life may not be the party we hoped for....but while we're here we might as well dance."

It's in a similar vein to one that I sometimes quote - when I'm making a concerted effort to see my glass half full, rather than half empty:-

"If life hands you a lemon, make lemonade."

I've never heard any diaper/nappy related quotations before, so I just googled but I only found one:-

(From a business manual 'Workplace Wisdom for Baby-Boomers') "Only wet babies like change."

What are your favourite quotations?

Another one that touches my soul -

Not Waving but Drowning (by Stevie Smith)

Nobody heard him, the dead man,

But still he lay moaning:

I was much further out than you thought

And not waving but drowning.

Poor chap, he always loved larking

And now he's dead

It must have been too cold for him his heart gave way,

They said.

Oh, no no no, it was too cold always

(Still the dead one lay moaning)

I was much too far out all my life

And not waving but drowning.

Dolly

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' yesterday and was reminded of one of my favourite quotes from a film. Ferris uses it twice in the film. Once at the beginning and then again at the end.

'Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it'