LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Soon To Be Diapered- Help!

Hello all, I'm new here, so I apologize if this has been posted before, and if this is the wrong section.

So basically, I've had diaper-desires for as long as I can remember, but I've only started to work up the courage to actually go out and buy some (ordering is out of the question). I'm probably gonna go for XL Goodnites, as they are the easiest to acquire.

Here's the problem- I'm extremely nervous about going through with the whole thing.

I was hoping some of you could give me some words of encouragement/advice who have gone through similar ordeals.

Thanks a bunch,

diaper91

Why stop at the Goodnites? Heck most drug stores carry Depends which are more diaper like anyway.

The best thing I can say is don't worry about it. Nobody asks questions, probably because they don't really want to know the answer.

Goodnites are a good first purchase. If your affraid of what the cashier might think (in truth they don't care.) you can just shrug and say "little brothers are such a pain!" and slap the goodnites on the counter.

They don't need to know the little brother is your inner child :)

I wouldnt worry too much about getting the adult sized diapers. I was at Wally World (Wal-Mart) the other daypurchasing my supplies & food, when the cashier got to the diapers she just asked if they were mine and I said yup and slid my card. That was the first time any body has ever asked and I believe that I handled it pretty well.

Cool... thanks for the replies you guys. That's horrible... how dare them question you about it; it's none of their business. Yeah, you did handle it well.

The reason I'm going for Goodnites is because as far as the supermarkets here go, they are the smallest packages (easy to hide), and the least expensive (depends are like 25 bucks here). I also feel that Goodnites are less 'suspicious' in a sense that they are so childish. Depends are really only meant for one age. That way, less suspicion is aroused when I go to purchase.

I understand that I am paranoid about this (aren't we all, at first?). I always find it hard to put myself in the cashier's position; do they think twice about it, or are the diapers as mundane and regular as a carton of milk?

Thanks,

diaper91

People that say that cashiers dont pay them any mind are decieving themselves. Of course they stick out, most people dont buy diapers. But 99.9% of cashiers won't say a word about them or even look at you sideways. Because if they do, there goes their job. Pretty much no matter what anyone says is going to make it any less stressful. Just go in, think happy thoughts, and don't be afraid to leave and come back later if theres too many people. Lots of people will just make it worse. I've bought diapers many times and I often go to 3-4 different drugstores before I make a purchase just so I don't have to wait in a multiple person line, where people sit there staring at your diapers.

Just try to relax, and remember it'll be easier the second time :P

do they think twice about it, or are the diapers as mundane and regular as a carton of milk?

Some of them will think twice, but few will think three times. I expect that cashier at Wal-Mart was just making sure she was ringing up the right person's purchase, not questioning him.

In all my years of buying diapers I can only recall two times that the cashier seemed to pay any attention to me at all. Once it was a gum-snapping high-school girl with an after-school job, who gave me a surprised (and kind of appalled) look when she saw what I was buying, but didn't say anything. The other time it was a friendly, chatty clerk who casually asked me as she was ringing me up whether I'd like her to put my diapers into a bag so they wouldn't be so visible, because, as she said, she knew it was a little embarrassing for some people to buy those for themselves. In both cases I'm sure they'd forgotten my face by dinner time. And even that was unusual; most of the times I've bought diapers the clerk didn't even glance up.

Dont be nervous - easier said than done, but seriously, dont be. In all the years that I have been buying diapers, nobody has questioned me about it, and that is for three reasons - 1. It is none of their business, 2. They assume that they are for someone else (that is unless that they are goodnights that would obviously fit you), 3.It is not out of the ordinary.

The simple way to make yourself less noticable is to have everything ready for the cashier ahead of time - ie 1 - if the purchase is $7.99, hand him/her a $10 note rather than have to count out the exact amount in smaller currency. 2- Have a bag large enough to put your purchase in so that the cashier does not have to ask you and then find you a bag large enough for your purchase. 3- Dont walk to the cashier with stuff in both your hands / eating / drinking stuff. If you have a bike and rain / snow gear, don't bring all this in with you to the shop. In simple terms, dont make yourself memorable to the cashier.

You would prob get more problems trying to buy cigs / alcohol or condoms than you would get buying diapers

hay i go to cvs and i have a lady that knows i wears and told me how to get coupons. if you go to www.cvs.com/coupons you can get some coupons for stuff at cvs. and she also lets me know if the are going to discount bladder control products or baby diapers. i use both . for the goodnites if you want some email me i have them in the girls xl 13 count for 6.50 a bag or the mega pack 21 count for 10.00 a bag. if you have a ups store close. the can recive packages the just pick them up from there. i have more stuff for sale intersted email me at riflemanjon@netscape.net title the email diapers for sale.

heya! welcome to the site!! its awesome you found us and are already posting!!!! can't wait to hear more from you..

onto you dilema...

1. i've been a cashier inlots of different retail environments, sure once in a while i'll remember a memorable purchase, like the 15 year old teen agers who were giggling as they bought chocolate syrup, whipped cream, cherries, and a box of condoms. I totally remember that purchase, but litterally 30 seconds after they walked out the door, i couldn't tell you their faces, nor would i recognize them if they came in 5 minutes later i see to many customers a day.

2. if you buy them in someplace like a drugstore or medical supply store (this is if u are buying adult diapers) they see lots of those purchases and usually dont remember them

3. like DailyDi said, purchasing the underjams is great cause you can totally say "man little brothers are such a pain" and the cashier is probably either gonna say "tell me about it" or ahh how old is he and you just say, "three, and they said they twos were terrible.." and by that time your purchase should be all rung up.

Like keiff said, i would definitely recommend bringing a backpack with u in the car to get them into the house easier. Also, it might be easier if you go to a store in a town or two away from yous, to reduce the risk of running into someone you know from chruch, school etc....

its totally normal to be nervous and scared when buying your first diapers, but most people here will tell you it definitely gets easier. When you are in a situation when you are able to order offline, there are some great sites that have good diapers for decent prices... theres a bunch of posts on this site about that as well.

Good luck on your first purchase and welcome to the site again...

I've done the "drive a couple towns over" thing, being very paranoid that I would run into someone I knew. Now I'm in a situation where I don't have a car and live in the middle of a major city. If I need to buy in a store what I do is go to a drug store that carries them and take them back to the pharmacy counter, they are much less likely to question anything than a regular cashier. I ask them to double bag them or put them in my backpack if I have it with me with me.

I actually just got home from doing just that, stopped at the drug store across the street from where my best friend lives, took them to the pharmacy counter, asked them to double bag them and walked about 8 blocks through the city to get home. Oh, and stopped at 7-11 to pick up Coke for Daddy on the way :)

Hope that helps,

Michelle

Hello all, I'm new here, so I apologize if this has been posted before, and if this is the wrong section.

So basically, I've had diaper-desires for as long as I can remember, but I've only started to work up the courage to actually go out and buy some (ordering is out of the question). I'm probably gonna go for XL Goodnites, as they are the easiest to acquire.

Here's the problem- I'm extremely nervous about going through with the whole thing.

I was hoping some of you could give me some words of encouragement/advice who have gone through similar ordeals.

Thanks a bunch,

diaper91

In todays day and age you probably don't even have to go through a cashier. Just go a supermarket or walmart and buy some real adult diapers - I guess depend overnights - then go to the automated scanners when no one is in line. Swipe the diapers in the scanner and put in bag. Pay in cash and walk out without anyone the wiser ;-)

SDB

ohh man good idea i totally didn't think about that....

that would be awesome, specially for the first couples time ou buy.. then u dont have to even have any sort of contact with another person!!!!

way good idea!!!

In my experience the only way this gets easy is if you just do it a lot.........the more you do it the better it gets. To me buying diapers is just like buying shaving foam, just part of my shopping list.

We are all nervous the first few times though. I used to do the whole, walk around the store looking at them.......shall I pick them up........not this time.......okay this time I will pick them up! (I know most of you have been there, lol.) I found it easier to pick up a basket and buy other things too, bottle of water, deodorant etc. In the old days I would even go to the lengths of taking a piece of paper and keep looking at it why I looked at the diapers......I thought if anyone saw me they would think I'm following a list from someone, lol.

Beth

I rember my first time buying them i was scared as heck and if it was not for my girl friend there with me i most liky would have chicken out. but in truth it not a big deal. some one you dont know and probly never see agen mite think you have a grama or grampa or mom and dad that older that you shop for. and some time it funny me and my girl friend was buying packs one time and the casher say so you have a baby. then she look down and seen they where not baby diapers and turned beat red. she did not say one more word just rang it up and bag it as qick as she could and we lought all the drive home about it.

As has been repeated over and over above, we've definitely all been there before. I rememeber my first time buying diapers in the store. I went into wally world in the dead of night, around 2 in the morning, no one was in the store. I went grabbed what I wanted, went and checked out, and was back in my car within 5 minutes. My heart was pounding the whole time! Eventually though, even though I would still get a rush out of buying my diapers, I learned no one was actually going to care about what I was buying. Never been questioned about what I buy.

I've tried the auto-checkouts, but I dont really care for them myself. They really only work about half the time or so, and its really embarrassing if the attendent has to come over because it looks like you were trying to to avoid attention. Just my own 2 cents on that. If you know how to work them pretty well though, its a good way to get through quickly.

As Sarah said, even if the cashier remembers your purchase, they probably won't remember you past 10 minutes after you leaving unless you were wearing really memorable clothes. Speaking from long personal experience, cashiers and folks in retail see so many people in the course of the day that there's no way they'll remember your face over a 30 second transaction. In my current situation though.......a tall overweight white guy buying diapers in a sea of Koreans is going to turn some heads ;-). Still too chicken to try it, even though I found a store that actually carries Tena's on the shelf.

i think it also depends on your personality as well, I think most people I know would just laugh with me if i was purchasing some diapers. As if i am up to some weird adventure/night. Just be honest, you're up for some freaky fun time

when i worked at one of the local grocery stores here i saw people late night by diapers all the time of all sizes from infant to adult and not even our cashiers ever once dared asked them what they were for or whom hell i remember this one time i had this customer come in and buy like two cases or what ever you call them of depends in two different sizes small and an large and the girl looked like she coulda fit in the small but you could tell they were for some one else the way she acted man .... i just thought to my self what i wanted to see but never commented on them its like me going into a store and buying cigars for a friend thats a smoker and doesn't go in the store because he or she forgot there ID and the cashier think there not of age or what even though they are and like every one said like my few examples its really none of there business on what they think about you buying diapers they have to sell them to you no matter what its the law they can NOT refuse you of purchasing them because they look like they are for you ... the only way they can refuse you is if your credit card or something is invalid or something of the sort

Oh man, I used to get SO red in the face when standing in line! But it felt so GOOD! Seriously, enjoy being your bad self! You're young, you're free, and so what if that's what you like -- Do YOU, cuz everyone else has got just as much things going on. Grin and bear (bare?) it and just do what you gotta do. And yes, Virginia, it DOES get easier with time.

DO YOU!

so i read your thing about buying diapers for the first time and this is what i do time after time is, when they look down on it i ask, "you like that bday present i am giving a 40 year old?" it works every time because the laugh and yah try it out and tell me what you think

andrew

• 2 weeks later...

People that say that cashiers dont pay them any mind are decieving themselves. Of course they stick out, most people dont buy diapers. But 99.9% of cashiers won't say a word about them or even look at you sideways. Because if they do, there goes their job. Pretty much no matter what anyone says is going to make it any less stressful. Just go in, think happy thoughts, and don't be afraid to leave and come back later if theres too many people. Lots of people will just make it worse. I've bought diapers many times and I often go to 3-4 different drugstores before I make a purchase just so I don't have to wait in a multiple person line, where people sit there staring at your diapers.

Just try to relax, and remember it'll be easier the second time :P

I take exception to that: Cashiers do notice when they have to pay attention but not otherwise. As a quick example, just go to your supermarket late evening, when the college kids are buying beer. If they buy only beer, they get carded reliably. But, as a 17 year old, I volunteered to do the household shopping, and successfully "hid" a six-pack of beer among about 10 other things the house needed. The clerk didn't bat an eye, and I got my beer.

If you pull the same trick with your diapers, the clerk simply won't notice, the diapers will be one more thing. And, you will have helped out in the house, a definite plus with your parents.

lol course dill that was before they have computers that prompt when the beer is rung up for hte cashier to enter in the id. Now adays, when an alcoholic beverage is run up a screen pops up and until u enter in the birthday, you can't ring up any other merchandise.

*giggles* ur old dill!

But hey so how did the first buy go? we never heard back from you??

I've bought so many diapers in so many stores that I just don't even think about it any more...

But when I was a teen-ager, and had to order disposible and cloth diapers from Sears, I had to be embarrassed twice. Once when I ordered the diapers, and again when I picked them up. The drugstores only carried incontinent pants and underpads... no diapers... the underpads said they were for adult diapering, but they were so thin that they wouldn't absorb more than a dribble, and no tapes meant that you had to pin them on....

The best thing that I found in a drugstore was Curity adult incontinence pants.... This was before they sold their adult products division and adopted the "Babies are our business, our only business" slogan. These snap-on pants had a double elastic seal at the crotch to virtually eliminate leaks. I still have a pair of them somewhere.

After countless trips to the checkout carrying diapers, diaper doublers, underpads, diaper pins, baby bottles, and every other imaginable ABDL item, I no longer even hesitate. I just grab what I want, and go to the cashier.

The closest that I came to being busted was when I went into a Drugstore close to where we used to live and just as I as about to turn onto the adult diaper aisle, I saw our old neighbor and his wife coming toward me to say Hi.... I just waited until they left the store, and bought my diapers and left.

Don't worry about what you are buying, the cashier had undoubtably seen it before...and really doesn't care. He or she has his or her own problems to worry about without getting involved with what you wear for underwear. Just make sure that someone you know isn't standing in line with you... LOL