LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How To Buy In Real Life?

Guest Diamondsonthefloor

Guest Diamondsonthefloor

Well, I'm 20, and I still live with my maw and paw only because I've been attending a Community College for the last two years, and I hope to move on to a service academy (Air Force or Naval) when I move out.

I'ts been 18 years since I've worn my last 'real' diaper, and I've been patient enough (in between I have to settle for home-made). I never want to order to my house; mistake waiting to happen. I've seen Attends, Molicare, and even Abena for sale in my CVS down the street.

I don't wanna buy a case (can't conceal it well enough), I was thinking about a sample pack of each, but, how would THAT look? A young girl buying diapers in her size... Think I should pair it with some metamucil + some condoms and tell nosy people I'm doing shopping for my grandma? (Condoms = she's a naughty devil).

I dunno, I'm new to this scene, my first time buying, and I'm talking to brave souls who have bought before. What kinda tactics did you use?

Well, I'm 20, and I still live with my maw and paw only because I've been attending a Community College for the last two years, and I hope to move on to a service academy (Air Force or Naval) when I move out.

I'ts been 18 years since I've worn my last 'real' diaper, and I've been patient enough (in between I have to settle for home-made). I never want to order to my house; mistake waiting to happen. I've seen Attends, Molicare, and even Abena for sale in my CVS down the street.

I don't wanna buy a case (can't conceal it well enough), I was thinking about a sample pack of each, but, how would THAT look? A young girl buying diapers in her size... Think I should pair it with some metamucil + some condoms and tell nosy people I'm doing shopping for my grandma? (Condoms = she's a naughty devil).

I dunno, I'm new to this scene, my first time buying, and I'm talking to brave souls who have bought before. What kinda tactics did you use?

Diamonds,

keep it simple - what you buy for whatever reason is your own business... you will be amazed, that if you can get over the initial nervousness, you'll find that it's no big deal.

You don't need any story, any "excuse"... even the fact that find diapers "off-shelve" means that people are buying them.

And a clerk has no right to invade you privacy... so pick up a pack, head to the check-out, smile, pay and go.

if you don't act weird, nobody will notice... and after all a Size Medium or Small or Large (that's the default three sizes most diapers come in) will fit a large number of people - so if you act like it's everyday shopping, no one will confront you about it.

good luck.

The first time i bought from a store i was very nervous.After the first time it does get easier.Like the last 2 replies said a cashier has no right to invade your privacy and if you act like its normal to buy a pack of diapers no one will bother you.Good luck and let us know how it goes.DL JAY

Diamond,

First time you buy diapers you will feel nervous. Remember though, you are the only person in the store who knows they are for you. So a lot of the wondering what people are thinking or if they are looking at you, is just in your mind. If I was in the store buying diapers and I saw you looking at them too, the first thing that would come into my mind would be that you are buying them for someone else (elderly relative or your mother or someone.) You will find that the cashiers for the most part won't even care and will just take your money.

Here are a couple of tips to help you though:

Try not to look nervous, just be cool, walk up to them and grab the ones you want. If you are not sure of the ones you want and need to look through them, maybe take out a piece of paper from your pocket (which you have taken with you) and hold glance at that (it looks like you are following a shopping list from someone.)

Buy them when you buy other stuff, so grab a basket and put them in with other things. Shower cream, bottle of water, deodorant etc. That way you are not walking to the cashier with just a pack of diapers.

It will get easier the more you do it, trust me.

Beth

Diamond, One of the easiest ways to buy them without the cashier or someone getting in line behind thinking they era for you is to do some shopping for yourself along with the diapers. When you're at the register ask the clerk to ring up everything except the diapers separately and pay with your credit/debit card. When they ring up the diapers afterwards pay in cash and ask them to bag the diapers with the receipt in the bag. What anyone will think is you are a nice person helping someone out and they gave you the money and you are going to deliver them with the change and receipt. I hope this makes it easier for you.

Hugs,

Freta

• 4 weeks later...

wow where do you live that they have abena at CVS? thats pretty cool.

I got to the point where I was to embarrassed to buy in the store. When I stilll lived at home, I would wait till my parents went on vacation, then order during that time period, even if it was just a weekend. Or if I knew they would be home after 6 or something, I would plan for them to be delivered that day.

Also, you can order sample packs from certain websites in the US that will deliver them in a yellow package in the mail and you can easily say its a whatever, because there are no markings on it.

Just remember that stores have these products to sell because people WANT to buy them. They don't care who the buyer is or what they do with it after the sale is complete. You don't owe anyone an explanation. Don't feel like you have to buy other stuff to go with it either. I don't think the masses realize that there are adult babies and diaper wearers. No one will know unless you tell them. If someone does have the nerve to ask you just say that is really nosey of you and none of your concern.

Keep your chin up : )

diaperchick

• 4 weeks later...

I've never really had the problem of being embarrassed buying my own, but I did get over the embarrassment of it when I'd have to go and buy them for my grandmother. (She's medically incon.) There was a little bit even then, but I was able to shove it out of my mind by just thinking to myself, "Easy there. I'm just picking up something for someone who needs it." I never had to explain it, and eventually the second looks went away just by exuding that air of confidence. Eventually I started to buy my own, and I kept that thought in my mind. Again, I didn't need to say a word. No excuse was needed. It's no one's business but my own. It got easier.

I keep that thought in my head even today. "Someone needs them, I'm just the person buying/carrying them." Even when that person's me.

Point being, if it's embarassing for you to go buy diapers for yourself, then don't buy them for "yourself." Try buying them for "someone who needs them." Even if that person's you.

• 11 months later...

Hell I will send you some.... what size? I have some small vintage attends that have a great feel to them.

• 2 weeks later...

This thread does have a lot of cool ideas though. I always think of it this way, "That person behind the cashier? That person behind me? Oh yea, i can totally see the diaper popping out from under their skirt or over their jeans". I know it's a year old, but the topic is fairly good for ideas. Just think that the person who is selling them to you or the person buying them for you is either wearing them or also an ABDL too.

My excuse I use is the girlfriend excuse. "Hey, I'm just trying to help my girlfriend out with some temporary problems. And it doesn't involve wetting".

• 2 weeks later...

I MAKE HANDMADE ADULT BABY SISSY PANTIES, DIAPER COVERS, SISSY SOCKS, WRISTLETS. I ACCEPT CUSTOM ORDERS.

SEE MY STORE AT KRISTINACREATIONS.ETSY.COM THANKS KRISTINA.

• 1 month later...

It's simple. Buy them. Keep them in your car. If you are nervous about people recognizing you, swing over to the next town town the interstate. Grab what you need out of the trunk.

But if you are going to the service academy, drop the diaper thing all together. You aren't going to have ANY privacy there.

Good luck, and while the thread is a year old. I think most people will still read our comments for guidance.

Oh and one more thing, don't make excuses. Just walk up buy them and walk out. Inncontinence is a pretty common problem. If it weren't they wouldn't have shelves of diapers for adults.

-Brutal

Every time I buy diapers, a marching band holding banners and arrows that say DIAPERS in huge letters pops out and follows me to the checkout counter, making sure that everyone knows I'm buying diapers. :P Ok.... so that's never happend, and it probably will never happen, but that is what it feels like when you buy them. These days, I just get the pack I want, pay for them, and leave, simple as that.

Walk in, buy the diapers you want, pay, walk out. Really, it's simple and once you've done it a time or two it becomes sorta fun.

The real entertaining part is buying one of those "Mega" packs from Walgreens. The cashier asked me if I wanted a bag, I said "No, it's OK... everyone knows that I wear diapers anyways." and smiled. The cashier's jaw just about hit the floor. I like having fun with the clerks, it makes their day and is entertaining for me at the same time.

The real entertaining part is buying one of those "Mega" packs from Walgreens. The cashier asked me if I wanted a bag, I said "No, it's OK... everyone knows that I wear diapers anyways." and smiled.

:thumbsup: YOU ROCK!

So when are you and Darkfinn and I gonna go diaper shopping*? ;)

* Only half-kidding. I've only got a few more weeks in NC and I'd love to meet you guys at least once before I go.

Walk in, buy the diapers you want, pay, walk out. Really, it's simple and once you've done it a time or two it becomes sorta fun.

The real entertaining part is buying one of those "Mega" packs from Walgreens. The cashier asked me if I wanted a bag, I said "No, it's OK... everyone knows that I wear diapers anyways." and smiled. The cashier's jaw just about hit the floor. I like having fun with the clerks, it makes their day and is entertaining for me at the same time.

Puddin' agrees with this philosophy XD my local drug store stock molicare and I've been buying there for... well... years now. They know me by name; and they know I'm buying my diapers for recreational use ~ but it's not like they're going to go home and call up their friends and say HEY THIS CHICK CAME IN TODAY WHO LIKES DIAPERS.

Well... maybe they win; Puddin' doesn't know. But she doesn't care, either!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Ok.. I know this is a very old post but i'm adding my two cents as it was to help all the new diaper buyer out there. I feel the same way you all do when i buy to and it was not for my wife i mite have never got my first pack. But i can tell you all this i was a casher for years and we dont care what you buy in fact we just want to get you out and help the next one in line. all face blure together unless some thing happens like you need to check ID some thing like that. pay in cash and get out fast it like you never there lol. I do have a funny story me and my wife where buy a pack from a 2nd hand store well it was like 5 pack for a $1.00 each we could not pass it up lol and the casher say to my wife so how old your baby. Just then she seen they where adult diapers not baby, her face turn beet red and she just rang them up tuck the money and we walk out. we laught are heads off in heads off in the car all the way home. they dont realy look pick a bisy line if your worryed :)