LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Kind Of Diapers Did You Wear As A Baby?

I think it's pretty interesting how a lot of ABs/DLs like to wear the closest diaper they can find to those they wore as actual children. I guess it shows the "baby experience" is different for everyone--we want to go back to OUR OWN infancy, whatever that means to us.

I was born in 1987 and wore Pampers, back when they were very thick, plastic-backed, noisy, had a strip of "landing tape" with little cartoony designs on it, and also had a powder-blue or pink elastic waistband...*sigh* Sadly, as we all know, it's difficult to approximate those diapers today, except with Bambinos (which I haven't tried yet--I'll order them as soon as I've finished off all the diapers I have now).

Before I finally got the courage to buy real diapers, I used to fold up a towel and put it inside a pair of shaping shorts, along with a plastic bag to get the crinkle. Then I got some Depends and was very disappointed in how thin they were, so I fold a towel over them to get the bulk. I love the noise, though. :)

I wore cloth diapers as a baby (curity, birdseye weave), sometimes with plastic pants but usually without.

And yes, nowadays I do indeed like cloth diapers best. I mostly wear disposables because of the convenience and relative ease of disposal, though (I have a kid and I don't want to have to explain to him why there's a diaper pail in the bathroom...), and I find I like the disposables just about as well.

Really, as long as it's absorbent on the inside and waterproof on the outside, I'm pretty happy with it. But in terms of looks... I'm happiest looking at myself in the mirror when I have a cloth diaper on. Ideally a really thick one.

I wore only cloth as a baby but now my preference is for disposables. It's not that I dislike cloth - I mean, come on, in a pinch ANY diaper will do - but there is something about disposables I adore. Perhaps it's that as a very small child with an interest in diapers, all I was seeing and associating with babies was Pampers because of the TV ads that were suddenly flooding the market now that these new-fangled diapers were starting to become popular.

Although when I was born in 1964 several brands of disposables were being sold in stores, my entire extended family was so into tree-hugging they only used pinned gauze Curity flat 21x40" diapers. Depending on the size the vinyl panties were for toddlers Gerber bought in local stores, and the larger panties were bought by mail from the Gerber factory in Michigan.

I lost my night control just after puberty when I was 12 in 1976. Over the next 10 years I slowly lost most of my day control. While in pre-law and law school I could only wear disposables, as soon as I had a washing machine available I went back to pinned gauze adult prefold diapers and vinyl pull-on panties for bed at home. Often the first thing I do after arriving home is pin on a gauze diaper and pull on vinyl panties. Those get changed as needed until the next morning when I must get ready for a day of work as a responsible adult woman. Day I generally can make-do with disposable slip-ins.

Those I make by cutting off the tabs on Pampers Cruiser Size 4. They cost very little when bought on sale in cartons and work better than adult slip-ins.

For special occasions away from home, such as long plane rides or when riding horses, I use tape-on adult disposables, either Attends or Depend. Once in a great while I wear Depend Adjustable pull-on disposables.

I was raised in cloth diapers, as they made an economical choice for a single mom. However, (and this has ALOT to do with why I'm an AB) when we went on vacation, or stayed somewhere and cloth wasn't a convenient option mom would get what she's always called "Campin' Diaps". Such a fuss was made over them, and for some reason, my mom and the rest of my family felt compelled to dance around me with these diapers -- it's no wonder I love disposables so much!

As a young boy, I experimented with the cloth diapers we still had left in the house (used as carwash drying towels) and they worked 'in a pinch', but I remember being not-so-satisfied with them overall.

Now, I'm hoping to make the switch and use cloth, at least at home, to cut down on diaper changes and cost of disposables. Since I haven't officially worn an adult cloth diaper yet, I can't be sure how I feel about them for everyday use.

So until then, it's disposables!

I am very much a cloth diaper baby -- that was all that was available when my mother was diapering me. I wore Gerber diapers and rubber baby pants. I seem to recall that as a toddler I wore the Curity birdseye weave cloth diapers. And cloth diapers have always been my preference. I have tried disposables now and then, but they don't give me the same feeling of recapturing my infancy. To this day I prefer to wear Gerber cloth baby diapers (both flat and prefold), although I can barely fit into them now.

I have been told I wore cloth since it was more affordable in the mid-70s, but I only distinctly remember disposables from a few times wearing them, or one time in particular when I saw a girl get punished and put back in disposibles. hence, an affinity for disposable.

I was in cloth diapers and plastic pants. But as many of my generation have mentioned, that is all there were. I don't remember disposable diapers until the late 1960's. I was a bedwetter and cloth diapers with plastic pants is what my mother used on me. I still have a preference for cloth diapers and always wear them to bed. But, disposable diapers have gotten so much better now 99% of the time during the day its what I use .

As a baby, I wore birdseye cloth diapers and rubber pants until I was potty trained around 3 years old. When I finally got back into wearing diapers instead of just wetting or soiling my pants, I chose to wear cloth and plastic pants, although I do have one pair of rubber pants too. To me, adult disposables are nowhere near like baby diapers. Most are not designed to be nearly absorbent enough. This is because the incontinent people for whom they are designed are more interested in discrete diapers instead of diapers which are babylike. They are also likely to change more often than an AB or DL. That is why the are marketed as "Adult disposable undergarments" instead of saying they are "adult diapers". I do use disposables for convenience when traveling, but I use a size 6 Pampers inside to make them more absorbent. If P&G were to decide to market Pampers in sizes to fit over 200 pounds, I would have to try them, but that is not going to happen.

I was born in the mid 50's-so my mother put me in cloth diapers and Gerber plastic panties. I became sexually aware of diapers soon afterward-but most all the babies around me were in Pampers, which is still what I like to wear-one way or another.

I really began with stealing (I was too scared to buy them) plastic panties from the grocery or drug store. There were many different kinds back then-and I loved them all-especially ones with colors and patterns. "Nevawet" comes to mind. I was also small so I could (and still can) fit easily inh to toddler sized ones. A male, wearing tight plastic panties which constantly rub your"self" is quite an erotic thing!

Now I use attends-either tied at the sides or diaper pinned together, with two real Pampers as soakers. These are too bulky to cover with Gerber pants so I usually buy ones from Fetware.

Thanks for asking! I love to talk about it all!

gerberpantzz

I wore cloth (which I don't remember but I have pictures), my sisters wore cloth. My brother was split between cloth and pampers.

I'll take anything now. Usually disposable for laundry convenience, but wear both.

Wow! In reading all the posts it seams that there is an age break right around the early 50's. Those above tend to like cloth and those just below can go either way. I was raised in cloth diapers and plastic pants which I wore to bed every night until I was 6. I know I liked plastic pants as early as age 4 but never did anything about it until I was about 12. Pampers and other disposables were hitting big time and I used my first disposble at about age 12 because of convienience (family party at the house, swiped a couple baby diapers from the relatives diaper bags). Man! age 12 going through puberty and wearing a disposable diaper was all it took for me to get hooked. If my living conditions were different I might use cloth more often but I have no way to wash or store wet diapers. Even if I did, I just like the feel of plastic backed disposables and would still use them as my diaper of choice.

As a kid, I was in disposables. I don't know what brand, but they were white, I don't remember any toons on them.

Now, I love Bambinos for day and night, and anything in between. Stupid potty, not gonna use it!

When I was growing up there were some disposable, but I was kept mainly in cloth diaper and plastic pants. Disposable were only used when traveling. Today I wear cloth diapers and plastic pants at home and disposable when out and about. So I guess things don't change :).