LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question For 24/7

I have been talking with my wife about going 24/7 to see what happens but I have a couple of questions to those who have gone 24?7.

First what brand of diaper are you using? I usually buy abriforms but find that the taping system is no good so I always re-enforce it with tape and that can be time consuming. I go through about 1 abri form a day but it is pretty soaked by the end of the day. How many are you folks going through daily? I use a stuffer at night and don't have to change at night. This morning I actually woke up wet! WOA! It tripped me out as that never happens to me.

What are you folks doing for skin care? I have been using desitin as a barrier when I am diapered.

I have worn attends and as much as I love their taping system they have become so thin that they leak pretty quickly for me. I am thinking that the taping system on the abri forms might be giving me troubles because I am in between sizes right now. I am going from a large to a medium and the larges are quite baggy so maybe that is my troubles... I donno. Anyway and thoughts would be great!

~Brian

I wear 24/7...

Brand: Bambinos (Eh, can't buy a BMW, so I might as well wear the BMW of diapers)

Number per day: 2 to 4

Skin Care: Just cleaning well, and a little diaper rash cream in the RARE chance that I have a rash AND it lasts long enough to go home and GET said cream.

I dont usually use a stuffer at night unless I'm lazy and put my diaper on like 4 hours before bed, or I've been drinking heavily. Yep, I've been wearing diapers long enough that if I can stand, kinda, I can change my diaper!

i use either Molicare Super Plus or Attends. it deoends on what im doing that day, but i usually go through 4 - 6 diapers. i just use desitin for skin care.

I use attends mostly, small in my case and if im going to be out drinking i wear a goodnite on under a bambino. I change 3 to 6 times a day. Anything above 3 or 4 is because Daddy likes changing me ;)

As to skin care, I only use diaper cream if i have the beginnings of a rash. I almost never have so thats cool. I first put vaseline on then powder. I have only had about three rashes in two years now.

When you shower its a good idea to let yourself dry a bit, be naked, and then put on a diaper. Allows the skin to dry.

I have been talking with my wife about going 24/7 to see what happens but I have a couple of questions to those who have gone 24?7.

First what brand of diaper are you using? I usually buy abriforms but find that the taping system is no good so I always re-enforce it with tape and that can be time consuming. I go through about 1 abri form a day but it is pretty soaked by the end of the day. How many are you folks going through daily? I use a stuffer at night and don't have to change at night. This morning I actually woke up wet! WOA! It tripped me out as that never happens to me.

What are you folks doing for skin care? I have been using desitin as a barrier when I am diapered.

I have worn attends and as much as I love their taping system they have become so thin that they leak pretty quickly for me. I am thinking that the taping system on the abri forms might be giving me troubles because I am in between sizes right now. I am going from a large to a medium and the larges are quite baggy so maybe that is my troubles... I donno. Anyway and thoughts would be great!

~Brian

Hey Bri,

As I wear cloth, I'm partial to these. I realize, that there are those who disdain cloth over"disposies" and convenience is probably the main argument in their favor. Controlling leaks is another thing, altogether. Cloth+rubber/plastic panties are the way to go, IMHO. And, you can always re-fasten them. Unlike "disposies". For 24/7, cloth is the best.

There is, of course, the laundry issue. But, once you see the savings, you'll understand. It may be a sizeable investment at first, but if you're in it for the long run....

Regarding skin care: Giving your diaper area a little breathing time in between changes is always a good idea. Besides, what baby doesn't enjoy running around "nekkid" for awhile?

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

PS: Desitin is great and has a definite "telltale" odor. Vaseline Nursery Jelly is another great one. I go through 3-4 changes a day.

I wear 24/7 and have for several years and I wear the Attends with waistband during the day because they are thin, quiet and fit me really well. The only down side to wearing attends is that you will have to change more often, unless you use booster pads. I prefer booster pads because unless you mess I usually just remove the wet booster pad. Here is what works for me, after my morning shower I put on my attends and a booster pad, then around 10 or so I remove the usually soaked booster pad, then at lunch I change my attends, and start it all over with the attends & booster pad ect...

Just remember if you wear fulltime for awhile you WILL start to void without noticing, so be prepared. Good luck!

How long did it take for you to start voiding without noticing it? Or knowing? Also, for those who go to the gym what kind of diapers do you find are good for gym workouts? I am guessing my abriforms will not hold up to that sort of abuse nor will they be that comfortable.... Thanks!

~Brian

How long did it take for you to start voiding without noticing it? Or knowing? Also, for those who go to the gym what kind of diapers do you find are good for gym workouts? I am guessing my abriforms will not hold up to that sort of abuse nor will they be that comfortable.... Thanks!

~Brian

i usually wear an Attend when i go to the gym, but i change into a swim diaper when i use the pool.

I wear Secure x-plus and tend to go through 3 or 4 a day (I only wet, and sometimes I will even pee in a toilet).

The best way I found to prevent rashes is the following.

1: Shower twice a day.

2: Use some kind of a barrier cream... I like the vasoline nursery stuff.

3: Here is my favorite trick that works wonders. After you shower use a hair drier! Yes, use it down there... totally dry everything off and give yourself a good shot of warm air. It works for me.

I don't know what part of the country you live in but diapers are hot in the summer.

I can only say whatever floats your boat.

~Brian

I don't know what part of the country you live in but diapers are hot in the summer.

I can only say whatever floats your boat.

I live in the central coast of california so it doesn't get very hot out here. I have no intention of forced incontinence or anything. just wanted to give 24 7 a try and see what happens

Current Duration: Going on 3 weeks 24/7

Diaper: Abri-Form Super (2 levels down from X-Plus) for day, cloth (homemade) for night

Changing Schedule: Shower and rinse cloth diaper from night, into fresh disposable for daytime. Change at lunch (a bit before or after, if needed). If I have an evening meeting, change before meeting, and change into cloth for bed.

I've found that while I sometimes wake up in the morning with a full bladder, things usually take their own course at night. I don't know for sure if I'm waking up or not, but I usually fall asleep mostly dry, and get up mostly wet. My bladder still seems to work fine, though I can wet easier in most situations after 3 weeks 24/7.

Primarily cloth and plastic pants. When I do were disposables it is Abena Abri-Form. I seldom use any skin care product but when I do its just a very small amount of petroleum jelly. A VERY small amount will go a long way. You should try not to use it when wearing plastic pants.

I find if you go 24/7 for me atleast I buy not the absolute best diapers like Abriform but more along the lines of Attends with Waistband because you can get more for your money and you typically use more diapers wearing 24/7. But thats just some food for thought.

~Brian

It took me about three months once i went full time to wet while i sleep and almost 6 months to mess while sleeping. Thats way faster than most but i am very suggestible. I pee lots of times during the day and dont even know. When i do know it is when i have a couple beer and my bladder says get it out of here. LOL

boy ricky

I'm 24/7 going on nearly 4 months now. The right combination for me so far has been abena super-plus in the day and secure plus x-plus at night with plastic pants over them. I keep everything shaved down there and shower at least twice a day to keep my skin clean. I don't use any skin products other than lotion.

Wetting has definitely gotten exponentially easier over the past month. I still notice when I wet but it takes very little effort to let go. I wake up to wet at night but I think that is more due to me being such a light sleeper than anything.

Messing seems to be what has changed the most. It seems I almost automatically mess as soon as I wake up in the morning with no effort whatsoever. I have messed a couple of times during the day but very rarely. At this rate I would say that I would become bowel incontinent before bladder incontinent.

I don't go to the gym but I do go jogging or exercise outside. At these times I don't wear a diaper - I just let go and deal with the consequences. It's usually dark out and no one is around anyway. For some reason it's rare that I'll wet myself when working out, though. In the past I wore depends disposable underwear for working out. They're cheap and provide plenty of absorbency for an hour-long workout session.

thanks bobbyc and everybody else who has been so nice to share their thoughts with me. I have been 24/7 since I started this thread and things are going pretty good. I have had two leaking accidents when I was at the bar. I didn't realize that the top of the diaper had rolled down a little and got the top of my shirt and the top of my pants all wet. Fortunately no one noticed. I did have one messing accident at school. It took me by complete surprise and I had to go home to solve the problem. It was rather embarrassing although I don't think anyone noticed.

~Brian

thanks bobbyc and everybody else who has been so nice to share their thoughts with me. I have been 24/7 since I started this thread and things are going pretty good. I have had two leaking accidents when I was at the bar. I didn't realize that the top of the diaper had rolled down a little and got the top of my shirt and the top of my pants all wet. Fortunately no one noticed. I did have one messing accident at school. It took me by complete surprise and I had to go home to solve the problem. It was rather embarrassing although I don't think anyone noticed.

~Brian

24/7 is not always a convenient situation to be in. It also takes time to adjust your routine. After a time, you'll figure it out. If, this is truly what you want. For some, it's fun to do it just for a couple weeks, or so. It's a good way to judge if you're really up for doing it 24/7/365.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

24/7 is not always a convenient situation to be in. It also takes time to adjust your routine. After a time, you'll figure it out. If, this is truly what you want. For some, it's fun to do it just for a couple weeks, or so. It's a good way to judge if you're really up for doing it 24/7/365.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

There is definite truth to that statement. I am starting to fall into a routine all though I am going to be changing diaper brands which means a whole new routine will be needed. :) I have been enjoying myself a lot, I have no concrete plans on how long I am going to go 24/7. I wanted to try it out and see how long it goes. Its a day by day thing, nothing I have to nor want to force on myself. I figure once its starts not being fun then Ill quit.

~Brian

I normally go through 4 or 5 a day, an' I wear Assurance brand which are about $9 after tax at Wal-Mart. I got away with bein' padded at work, today. I've been padded nonstop since after work on Tuesday, so I'm on my way to bein' 24/7

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

It does complicate things being 24/7. You cant go anywhere without your diapers, powder and vaseline. You need bags to put soiled or wet diapers in when at friends, and maybe a change of pants in case your diaper leaks. I am into the routine and now its not a problem. I have diapers in the car all the time and my diaper bag is replenished when i get home so i only have to grab it when i leave next time. It helps if you have a partner (Daddy in my case) to take some of the responsibility.

I don' cawwy anyting wiff me, but I jus' started wearin' my diapies at work, and nobody noticed. I found that my pee gets all backed up when dere's people awound. Today, I din't eben feel an urge ta pee... But, when my boss left fer da day, I peed right away... An' I kept wearin' da same diaper fer several more hours. Over 8 hours in total. an, I peed a few times after gettin' home, so it was a bery soaked diaper, but no leaks. Howeber, I'm proud dat I finawy turned my entire yewwo line ta bwoo from front ta back...

Let's see I've been 24/7 for nearly the 17 years. I go throught about 5 diapers a day. When at home I wear cloth diapers with plastic pants and disposable when out and at school. As for skin care, when I go get a rash I use desitin and that works fine for me. I myself need diaper so it was not a choice. I'd love to hear how it goes for you as it has been said diaper can become very warm in summer. I myself found cloth are more comfortable to me when it's warm, that and since I've been make diaper wraps for myself they are much more comfortable.