LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

convenience diapering used to be a marketing strategy

14 minutes ago, FullyLoaded said:

Most kids have to be out of diapers to start school I'd imagine.

The schools tell you that, but the truth is children have a "right" to education in this country and a doctor's note is all it takes to admit a child with wetting/soiling issues who needs to wear protection.

Obviously a developmentally normal, healthy child should be out of diapers at school age, but allowances have to be made for those with bathrom "issues"

On 7/5/2016 at 4:36 AM, Christine Daryleanne said:

At least the boys could go off "in the bushes" or behind a few tress and let go. Not so the girls. And it was a bone of contention in families, too. NOBODY I knew wamted to be put "back in diapers and rubber pantis; just like a BABY". Which is why you learned to hold it "like a big girl" as quickly as you could. And you should have seen the show when a girl got her first sanitary panties; and what THEY were made of

My heart goes out to girls like Christine and all children who were taught to feel shame because there bladders had limited capacity, the consequence being they sometimes needed diapers long after toilet training. Growing up I felt that diapers were not as comfortable as thin cotton undies, but I was not embarrassed about wearing just-in-case diapers. My Granny and Mom taught us by example that lack of bladder control could happen to anyone.

When I was 8 I was horrified to see a girl smaller than me use a rest stop toilet without assistance. The thing is I watched her while I was having my diaper being changed. Until then I assumed every child my age I saw on trips was also diapered. After that girl left the ladies' room Mommy explained that some children were not given diapers.

Then the next summer, just before I turned 9, I met Mildred, a girl of almost 11, who blushed in humiliation because her mother insisted that she wear pinned diapers and Bitner rubber panties. At that time my older sister Penny was 14 and needed day diapers often. Our mother made sure that the skirts Penny and I wore were full and long enough our diapers were discreetly hidden. From the moment I first saw Mildred her diaper was obvious because her childish dress was very short and somewhat tight. Mildred's mom did not need to be so mean.

Actually, in most cases, it was not anything considered wrong. If the boys' plumbing was not as it is. They would have needed diapers. too and more urgently than girls. The Interstate system changed much of that. What was a 2 hour trip to Roxbury or Dorchester in 1955 was about an hour in 1959 and more prosperity meant less concern over water bills in 1958 than '51. By 1954, the only time I had to wear diapers was if I stayed over at the Rocques' house and that was for a special reason. The "bathroom [toilet and sink]" was in the basement, the only way to get there was go outside along the south side, turn the corner to the left and go in the basement, put on the light and do what you had to. The upstairs rooms were accessed by a ladder. When it was bedtime, the ladder was pulled up and the trapdoor closed. So, to go to the bathroom at, say, 1:00, if you had to, you had to get up open the trapdoor put the ladder down and then go out and around. The mother and older girls could hold it all night. Linda was a night time wetter, so that left me. Now, they did not trust my eyesight to be good enough (wrong: by that time, I had the night vision of a cat which took a good deal of practice and I could function "in the dark" better than most full-sighted people), nor did they need the disturbance of someone fooling with the trapdoor, so I was diapered for bed like Linda. This lasted until I was 9-1/2 and they moved from that house, which was an upgraded summer cottage from abut 1925 by having electicity, gas, a pump for the well and a water heater put in, in I guess the late 1940's so it was rentable, albeit at a deep discount: $4.50/week when the average rents was about $7 for an apartment and $12 for one of the rare cottages

I was being only slightly sarcastic with a little hyperbole mixed in when I said that I expected size 10 diapers to be available in 20 years.