LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Look The Cashier Gives You.

I rang up a lady for depens, and did not say anything at all. I dropped it in the bag like it was a sack of potatoes. I did not give any "look"

I've had about three run ins with clerks. The first two was when I was still very shy about buying these things.

The first was when I ordered some cloth adult diapers from the Sears catalog. When I went to pick them up at the catalog department, the girl (older than I was at the time, but still young) I guess was curious because after reading the invoice she insisted on opening the outer package to make sure "everything was OK with the order." I just wanted to get out of there.

The second time occurred when buying a bag of attends at a large drug store (back when you could still get them there). The girl holds up the bag and calls over to then next cashier "Is there sales tax on these?"

The third time, was after I was quite adjusted to the whole thing. I had a bag of some sort of adult diapers and a box of baby wipes at the register. She asked how old my baby was. I pointed to the adult diapers and told her they were both for me. She got really red in embarrassment. It was cute.

• Like 1

Clerks can actually get fired if they really screw up with customers, they will be hesitant to say anything.

When I was 17/18 I used to buy drynites from my local boots and yeah everytime I approached the cashier I would get nervous. Handing over a package that states the ages on it like that, they must know who it is for! A lot easier now thanks to the internet!

• 2 weeks later...

Ive never really gotten "the look" when buying diapers. Buying womens clothing on the other hand. phew. Even the guys would be like "your not buying this for yourself are you?" I always just smiled and said "mabye" lol

• 2 weeks later...

The few girls (not mature women) who react with anything less than normal get met with a look of mature disdain for their stupid immaturity- I've actually embarrassed many of them when they suddenly realized that most people buy diapers because they need them, not because they want them B) and that they could become like that too :o The guys are generally disinterested but if they show a reaction I look them squarely in the eye with a small fixed smile as if to dare them to say anything so I'll have the reason I want to punch them

Bettypooh

Awesome, just awesome.

So far, no one has said anything or done anything to make the situtation awkward. One time, i had to wait in a LONG line, which took forever while holding my bag of depends. But no one in the line did anything to embarrass me. It was tough because I kept having to mentally tell myself to 'pretend it is normal.'

I do notice that your attitude makes a difference. If you try to be sneaky and embarrassed about it, people will pick up on that. But, if you go in with the attitude that you need it and it is part of your daily life (or imagine someone who needs it), then people won't care that much. Of course, that theory is mostly done to the stores I been to.

I havent had problems buying diapers since when i started in 7th grade. But now im in my 2nd year in college im fine with it. But i do have some stories. I was buying the 2 pack pacifiers from big lots and the lady smiled and said. " babies love their binkies once they start to like em they want one all the time." i smiled and laughed and said. " if only you knew." she was a nice lady and i see her often and she always says hi.

cashiers really really really really REALLY do not give two craps what you are buying! The only time a cashier will notice is if you the customer act nervous or find the need to comment on your products!

i've been a cashier many times before and the only purchase combination i remember was because it was two like 16 or 17 year olds and they were all nervous and giggly so of course i took notice.. it was condoms, chocolate sauce, cherries and whipped cream. They were giggly and nervous and all blushing. If they had not been acting the way they were, i would not even had processed what i was ringing up.

The 'looks' the cashier gives you is almost always in your mind. My first time buying diapers, i went to the walmart down the road from my univ. I bought diapers, wipes, powder, a bottle and pacifier. It was a classmate ringing me up. We chatted a bit as she rang me up, tahn i took my bags and left. I to this day don't think she even noticed what i was buying.

Again very very rarely will a cashier notice let alone care what you are buying unless you are acting weird, or make a comment. i.e. feel the need to announce your cleverly thought up cover story. Its a minimum wage (or there abouts) job that pays the bills (or there abouts), and cashiers just want to get in and get out!

I buy my diapers at Walmart and I've never had a strange look or comment in all these years. I think it's amusing when I buy diapers at the same time I buy suppositories or phosphosoda. But even then, no look. My only concern is running into someone I know before getting checked out. But it's never happened. Yet.

Ha ha great thread I just walking in do my thing care less what the person rining my stuff is thinking ( I think they are not thining bout much mabye god i wanna not be here)

Betty hit it on the head get what u give

Agreed, unless you're doing something to draw attention to yourself/your products, you'll have passed from our minds before you've even finished walking out the store.

That being said, I did have one time I got a fun comment. I was chatting with a cashier at a different Walmart ( I don't buy where I work, that would raise questions), and she'd been about to end the conversation with "and here are your" books or your milk, or whatever. Then she actually looked down at what she was handing me and stopped, then said something along the lines of "um, here you go."

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

If I'm buying diapers from a store, I tend to go late at night, I usually look really sleeping, and its the only thing I buy. I've never been asked anything about them, but at that time of night, no one seems to really think much about it. I tend to get more looks from other customers than anything lol.

Bought disposables this morning at local store closing with everything marked 50% off.

Cashier remarked, "That really is a good deal!" So I said it sure was and asked her to

ring up a second bag, ran back got another bag, then collected my change. Had to bag

them myself as she was already waiting on the next customer.

Two bags of 22 for $11.00 maximum absorbency store brand mediums.

I only buy disposable about once a year.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

I once went shopping with cloth diapers & plastic panties on under my tight jeans. When I went to check out, the kids were laughing at me. At first I couldn't figure out why. Then I realized it was obvious I was in diapers. What fun!

• Like 1

Adding a rant of sorts

Once again I had to ask the cashier to bag my Depends after I paid for them :bash: It would seem rather obvious that people generally do not care to expose personal need items to the world outside of the store but some people just don't get it :( And apparently the stores don't expect them to get it either- they obviously don't train them to do this <_< Common sense and common courtesy are obviously outdated concepts of no value today- perhaps I should start vocalizing my thoughts about people like this by beginning my comments to them with "Hey you stupid a$$hole" :ph34r:

Bettypooh

Quite a few times I've had the clerk looking behind the counter and say "I don't have a bag big enough for these." At least they tried. Of course, about the time I stopped buying consumer grade diapers was about the time I stopped caring if they were bagged or not.

Quite a few times I've had the clerk looking behind the counter and say "I don't have a bag big enough for these." At least they tried. Of course, about the time I stopped buying consumer grade diapers was about the time I stopped caring if they were bagged or not.

That happened to me once at a HOOKS drug store. I just looked at the clerk and said, "That's OK. Everyone knows I wear diapers anyway." That got me a slight look but nothing really different. She may have already expected that I was wearing diapers since I was buying them.

poor babystevie. He would have the diapers and have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids!

poor babystevie. He would have the diapers and have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids!

HAHAHAHA

I have been asked on three separate occasions. Every time by dumb highschool jocks who think they are just amazing. (just so you know, I can cry on demand.)

This is how the conversation went:

"Dude... Why are you buying these?"

"I have my reasons, please ring me up and let me be on my way."

(few seconds of silence while he rings up everything else, most of the time they don't ask any more, but the three times, this is the rest.)

"Are you into some weird diaper fetish?"

"I have cancer (tears) and it has made it so I can't control my bladder."

(horrified look, trembling lip) "Oh my god... I am so sorry... Here, let me..." (uses his employee discount card to give me a good discount)

(I wipe away tears) "Thank you... I won't say anything to the manager, don't worry."

Serves them right for asking, plus I got 10-25% off depending on the store. Since my hair is really thin and I have a high hair line, most people wouldn't question it. I think it teaches the stupid pricks a lesson in going too far, and I hope that they are a little more sensitive to people from then on.

• Like 3

Early on, I learned going to medical supply stores was well worth the search and effort. Better product, for a better (often, wholesale) price. If you look even beyond worrying about a 'look' you might get, at these stores you'll just get good service all around.

But I also try to buy everything from where it's best. I buy my bicycles from bicycle stores. Coffee from a local roastery. Diapers from a medical store.

I know it comes across as a bit elitist, but I also get my groceries/clothes from the mega-stores as well. But some things, like coffee and diapers, just can't be cheaped out on, lol.