LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adding Extra Padding In Your Diaper?

I like wearing the Attends 10 w/waistbands because they fit me really well and I have never had a problem with tapes. They only porblem with Attends is they are really thin. So I have been adding incerts for extra absorbtion since I wet alot on most nights. I have been using 2 Abri-Max for increase in absorbance. This works most night. I have also used a moliform pad (thanks to crinklebutt's site) which kind of works...BUT my only problem is that the moliform pad gets really wet and tends to leak after wetting a few times during the night. Yes I cut plenty of holes in the backing of the moliform pad so soaking through should not be a problem. My question is the moliform pad will be dripping wet and the 2 Abri-Max pads will be barly wet and the Attends 10 not touched at all. Is there a better way of incerting extra absorbance in a DISPOSIBLE diaper?

Quietly waits for an answer. umm.. well.. ok.. not TOO quietly.. this has been an ongoing problem. I use the abri lets as well, and they seem to have fairly decent pass thru, have you tried having those closest to the skin, and with the moli, taking a razorblade and cuting a slice from the middle front, all the way to the back? The problem with making small holes is that the gel as it expands will expand first where the most liquid flow is, which tends to the the holes thus sealing them, and keeping most of the liquid in that pad.

In a proper diaper booster like AbriLet you don't need to cut holes, since diaper boosters DON't have any plastic backing and are specifically designed to be put inside a disposable diaper. If the products you're using have a plastic backing, they're not the right ones to be used as boosters. I use AbriLet maxi and they let the wetness pass like they were part of the diaper, spreading it in an uniform way.

I suggest you to try proper diaper boosters, it's the only way to be able to add to your diaper the absorbancy you like without having the hassle of cutting holes and risking that the wetness remains in the pad without reaching the diaper.

Ahhhh, see thats the problem.... you are using "adult" diapers... *gasp*.... I use abena xplus, but when I really want a thick diaper I go to the real "baby" diapers... nothing like using real pampers as stuffers!....not only do they work but they smell oh so heavenly ..... Yummmmmm.... *drools*

I used to use pampers in the past when i was wetting very heavily at night. basicly i would get the largest babydry i could find, and using 2 of them, fold them in half along the width the plastic along the inside of the fold, the filling facing out. And then place them inside what ever diaper i was using at the time with the folds touching each other. This made for a very absorbent diaper that bulked up very nicely and didnt leak for me.

I have yet to find the best way to double - I have been searching for awhile...seems like one thing works for me and then the next day it leaks. I haven't tried every brand and kind but I'm working on it.

Just to be sure, Believe it or not you can put to much "boost" in there. I noticed in the past that boosters when they become saturated expand so much so that they pull the leg gathers away from you skin. Thus leaving you virtually unprotected. I noticed this more while laying down at night, but occational day accidents could happen too! <_<

This may just because I'm a "small" baby and the smalls don't have as much room as say a Medium diaper.

• 2 months later...

I have used two types of booster pad successfully (and several not so successfully) the first was the Incohelp IP4620M with a sticky backing, these are very thick and you can't use more than one in a nappy or really risk over filling and creating an air gap which is perfect for leakes.

http://www.ilcaustralia.org/home/search4.a...C=13&MinC=1

The one I am using now is a Lille booster pads (can't work out if they are the classic or super) but they are thin with no plastic backing (or tape) and I found I can fit two in a medium but not stacked. They hold a suprising amount and help with the redistribution. I only started using these from a recommendation that they are great for bigger size childrens nappies. These are really cheap here in Australia where I am about $5 for a pack of 24.

http://www.ilcaustralia.org/search4.asp?St...496&page=21

I have to agree with the Depend Boost. They are narrow enough to not cause "gapping" in the leg gathers, but they pretty much double the capacity of the diaper. I also like them because they get "gushy" when they're wet, and you can feel the gel inside them like a real baby diaper. Unlike other pads Ive used that are more cottony and don't swell nicely. I get the biggest sized overnight depend diapers and put 2 pads in them and they soak up a LOT.

I've used the method above, and held it in all day and drank a bunch of water before bed, well I couldn't go! So I just kept drinking and drinking, NOTHING!! (you know the feeling) Then I managed to pee, but it wasn't as much as I expected. Well, it turns out that I just wasn't pacient enough because I woke up in the middle of the night and had to pee 2 more times! and it was a lot of pee. By the 3rd try, I was worried about leaks, so I stood in the bath tub. It was the thickest, hottest, wettest diaper that i've ever worn, but suprizingly it held it all, and I was able to slip my jammies back on and go back to sleep! I woke up in the morning with a LITTLE leaking at the waistband, but the diaper was litterally drooping down onto my bed, soaked! Ever since then, I've been sold.

The bad: They work SO good for me, that unless you get a good wetting in the diaper, it doesn't feel as good as it does without the liner. So if you use one, plan on wetting more before the diaper feels good between your legs.

It's been awhile since I used a Baby diaper as a stuffer, but last night I did just that. I took a new pampers and didn't slit the covering I just put it inside the diaper (a nasty Depends) Molicare would have been too thick. Me and Mommy went out for a few after work, and by the third beer the fun was flowing, I know I emptied three times at the bar. and two more times at home. I was quite surprised when I was going to change for bed, and noticed that while the diaper felt soaked, it had not yet flowed over the sides to the depends, the wetness indicater was intact. So I just went to bed. I awoke this morning and gave it another flood. this time the leg gathers of the depends became damp, but then it absorbed the morning flow. I was quite amazed. It really baffles me to some extent, that a pamper can hold twice to three times what a Depends can.

I mean I know there is quite a bit of swelling of the Pamper, something less than desirable of a adult garment. But that being said other companys, Molicare comes to mind, have different weights of diapers. To me if Depends or Attends really gave a hoot they would make a night time weight diaper. Because lets face it, you shouldn't have to worry about looks, just function at night. While they do claim to have a all around diaper those who have worn the "better" brands know better. Oh well back to Molicares. ;)