LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Public Is Appropriate?

Guest Baby Peter

To come back to my remark of having my gf leashed in a mall .... my gf enjoyed it, so did i and it was our choice to make.

If id get a child asking why i do that id just say its so i dont lose her and they would probably just laugh and forget it a minute later.

Yes i agree its bad to force lifestyles on others, but just living your own life isnt forcing it onto others, you dont tell them to participate in any form.

Aslong as you function within the laws and dont fore people to participate, there shouldnt be an issue with it.

In some way this is comparable with gay people in public.... some religions shun them, tell they are evil etc ... but having gay people kiss in public is the same as having normal couples do it, but then you dont hear a thing about it....

Really people, get real... let people live their lives as they want to... if you are bothered by what you see, look the other way and if you are afraid what your children might think .... dont let them go on the streets!

there are worse things out there then people in diapers or on leashes... people walking with weapons, drugs etc.

In main lines i agree with heidilynn, but could also be cause im dutch ... i see more odd people running around amsterdam then anywhere else... and you know what? noone cares.

Everyone has some issues in their life that can be confronting lateron, but do you keep that in mind when ur in a bar talking about sex while there might be someone thats raped the day before at the table behind you without you knowing?

You cant keep everyone happy, never .. and you wouldnt enjoy anything in life if you keep thinking of what others might think or feel.

Respect to everyone that has the guts to just go out like they are, they are actually setting an example to the world of how things should be ... and ofcourse... always keep it within the boundries set by the law.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear readers;

It seems to me that it's all about respecting other people's feelings when you appear in public--whether it's dressing like a baby or just a sloppy or outrageous appearance. How you look to others tells people what's inside you. Wouldn't you rather conform in public (it's only for a short time) so people respect how you look?

I'm offended by people with baggy pants, underwear showing (which is becoming illegal in some parts of the country) or outlandish piercings/tattoos/hairstyles. They want you to notice them, but are they really worth looking at? NO! There's no social value in grungy appearance.

People do the same thing with their cars, and it's both a turn-off and an insult-- especially if it sends a bad message. When I see a big SUV with outlandishly large chrome wheels/spinners, I automatically label the owner as a drug dealer. Of course if I can hear rap music thumping from that vehicle, it confirms my thoughts. I also avoid (like the plague) those little "tuner" cars. You know the owners are more concerned with the "look at me" factor than driving safely. (Thanks alot, "The Fast and the Furious.")

So you see, unless you want everyone to think negatively of you, be careful how you appear in public. In private, you can do whatever you want to do.

And of course the most important thing about your public image is that children might see you. We have to be concerned primarily with what values we instill on the most important and most impressionable members of our society. (That includes insensitive people who put obcene messages on bumper stickers. Little Johnny might have trouble reading in school, but somehow he can read the S*** Happens sticker on the back of the vehicle in front of him).

That said, let us enjoy our lifestyle--whatever it might be--but let's keep it to ourselves as well.

Baby June 12/22/2007

Guest Baby Peter

I'm offended by people with baggy pants, underwear showing (which is becoming illegal in some parts of the country) or outlandish piercings/tattoos/hairstyles. They want you to notice them, but are they really worth looking at? NO! There's no social value in grungy appearance.

People do the same thing with their cars, and it's both a turn-off and an insult-- especially if it sends a bad message. When I see a big SUV with outlandishly large chrome wheels/spinners, I automatically label the owner as a drug dealer. Of course if I can hear rap music thumping from that vehicle, it confirms my thoughts. I also avoid (like the plague) those little "tuner" cars. You know the owners are more concerned with the "look at me" factor than driving safely. (Thanks alot, "The Fast and the Furious.")

Sorry that you think that way. Maybe you are right, but im quite positive that only a small percentage of the people you see in those situations are actually as you see them.

Whats so wrong with people being as they are? You rather have everyone on the street wear a mask if they are ugly so you dont see it?

Sorry but i feel that how you put it here is very shortsighted, dont know if you actually mean it that way so i wont make assumptions about it, but might be an idea to rethink what you posted.

In a harsh way ... the way that post came across is kinda the same as how rascists think... "ohw ur not like me and i dont like it, so you should change". Its the other way around ... you should become more openminded, not let others adjust to your standards.

Sorry if this offends you btw ... but just my thoughts on it i guess.

Edit;

I don't really care how people think i am without knowing me. Im an alternative guy with long hair, facial piercings, i wear baggy clothing .. and why? because i feel comfortable in them. I also like to wear a suit with my hair loose and my piercings in and i know it looks odd, but its my own choice to do.

Ive always been thought to be myself and to wear what i like and not get bothered by what other people say, cause if i did that then i wouldnt even go to school to face the bullies complaining about me not wearing brand clothing but army boots and pants.

Life is already full of people labeling others and shunning them cause they are different, no matter how you dress or look, but just cause you have a different color or are from a different country ... do what you feel you need to do to be happy and feel good... there is no way to live happy when always doing what others want, cause there is always someone else that doesnt agree with it in the end.

Hia All ... wow some good reading here :)

I tend to agree on the side of Baby June, Rusty Pins, Ranger & Eric D.

I have an open mind and am not "extremely judgemental" to ones likes/dislikes but I truly believe that there is a Time & a Place for our world as other ppls worlds...most ppl don't correlate AB/DL play with child molesters or BDSM folks with kidnappers or murderers. Generally speaking I look at what I do and how I present myself in the sence of "will it offend others?" - DISCRETION & COURTESY should be paramount considerations to the level of extreme each of us decide to go in our lifestyle as we venture out of our box. A onsie on to cover your diaper or a diaper peeking out of your waistband is slight but a leash on your girlfriend or a grown man out publicly in his sissy gear is way too much for most to handle. I particularly don't engage or appreciate PDA's other then holding hands or a quick peck regardless of what type of relationship either. You can be you without infringing on others!

Huggie :biker_h4h:

it makes me extremely uncomfortable to see people making out in public, like the world is stopped around them. I can't explain, but it makes me embarrassed just to witness it, let alone BE the one kissing someone in such a spectacle.

But maybe that's something everyone is reasonably comfortable with? After all, many of the Jewelry commercials I see --Kay, Jared, etc-- are all about the man wilding his girl with a flashy rock, and she immediately gets this passionate look and plumbs his mouth all hardcore. Their surroundings imply that they're in a public setting, but the focus effects give the viewer the impression that the world 'stands still' and they have their lovey-dovey moment, doing their thing.

The powers that be (Media) would prefer that we 'do our thing' in public, as long as we're worth looking at (read: reasonably attractive -- both genetically, and appearance-wise) so that we encourage the masses to further curtail our right or expectation to any semblance of privacy in this New World Order. This opens up the door for so many more draconian tactics of governance. Patriot Act, anyone?

We have a RIGHT to be free, which includes the right to privacy. Why does no one want it anymore?

Guest Baby Peter

Still love my privacy alot ^_^

its not like ill drag my GF onto the street in a leather harnass and that kinda stuff ... ofcourse those things are kept private, though keeping my gf on a leash is the same for me as keeping myself on a leash -since i wear a dog collar at times that belonged to my deceased dog, and i have a chain going from it to my belt- and yes people look strange and ask where it goes n all, but its not harming anyone is it?In fact i get more fun responses then bad ones about it, people seem to be very open about it on the streets and work.

We have a RIGHT to be free, which includes the right to privacy. Why does no one want it anymore?

Excellent point, tris.

I think that as a society we've become so focused on the rights of the individual that we forget that we have to share this planet with billions of other people. And in order for societies to work we have to have respect for each other and understand that some of our "things" are not their things and vice versa. I'm certain there are all sorts of people out there doing all kinds of things that I'd find creepy or gross or obscene and that's just fine because they don't ram it down my throat in public. We might not find dressing as a baby in public creepy, but a hell of a lot of people would.

I just read a post on another forum about a guy into bdsm who had to take a really big whip across town on a bus. He put it in a pvc tube that was wrapped with Christmas paper. No one knew what it was, or was offended or creeped out, and he got a kick out of knowing that he had a whip in there. And that's a bit like some of us wearing diapers under our jeans, or a guy in a suit wearing women's panties, or someone else walking around with a chastity belt under their clothes. You're still having fun but you're respecting the rights of others around you who are not into your brand of fun. And chances are they're respecting your rights but not doing something they're into in front of you.

I guess I'm a REAL freak.

Places where food is stored, sold, or served, be clean. A nasty icky diaper, not appropriate there.

The mall? Am I the only one who realizes that if I don't want to see whatever 2, 3, 4 people are doing, I can just walk away?

So many people bitch they don't want to see cross dressors, or 2 gays kissing... C'mon, if it's that bad, walk away!

I hate people who want everyone to act "proper" and be straight, non-kinky little automatons.

If you want to wear a big frilly dress with your diaper sticking out, I don't care.

Lead your sub around on a leash, I don't care.

Make out, I don't care.

Why don't I care? Cause it has NO impact on my life at all what-so-ever! I don't HAVE to stand around at look at it, there's an entire PLANET of places for me to go if I don't like it.

Drawing parallels from sexual abusers and how this fetish is viewed by the general populence is exactly the point. Think about you walk down the street someone who has been sexually abused sees you, and flips out from 1000's of diffrent emotions flooding back to them. No matter how much awareness society has it will not fly in public. Take vanilla grade sex, how long has that been around and it is still considered in major circles to be a taboo subject. AS progressive we want society to be, the road you want could very well be a century or more off. You could very well argue, yes all revolutions are started with a single act of defience, which they are. Fight for awareness sure, openly act in public? Not a chance in the world. I cite sex, gays, transgenders, bsmd, cross dress, etc, while some people out there accept it those same people Do not want it shoved into their every day lives. I find none of those groups disturbing, but its not me and I dont want to have it right in front of me then hell dont shove it down my or everyone elses throats. I don't run around saying i'm a straight male to every person I see, or yell at them i'm a republican, etc etc. Why? Because I don't need to shove my ideals or what I am on others to feel justified in my life. So Yes a man shooting schoolgirls is disturbing I also find someone walking down the street dressed in nothing in a diaper and a t-shirt disturbing as well and many parallels can be drawn from it. If I for one loved to have sex with other peoples wives, so I went and did it right in front of you and that was just my lifestyle what would you do. oh if your offended by it to bad, thats my lifestyle? Would be pretty hard to find a guy who would not kill me on the spot huh.

Wait, you don't want transgendered in your face? Well xcuse me if I gotta go to work, buy food, and live a life. I'm not going to go hiding from the likes of you to make your life better! *flips you off*

Dear readers;

It seems to me that it's all about respecting other people's feelings when you appear in public--whether it's dressing like a baby or just a sloppy or outrageous appearance. How you look to others tells people what's inside you. Wouldn't you rather conform in public (it's only for a short time) so people respect how you look?

Actually, no! I fucking hate mainstream society, and part of me is happy when people talk shit. Why? Cause I instantly know who I DON'T want to hang out with. Saves time!

"Freak! Sick FREAK!!"

"Oh, thanks, you just saved me the time of having to get to know you before finding out I don't like you."

Guest Baby Peter

Totally agree with Diapered_Witch

Quote BabyJune; How you look to others tells people what's inside you.

Did you know that most Heavy metal, chained up, tats all over, spiked haired, piercing filled persons .. are usually very chill and understanding?

totally opisite from what most people think, but its true alot of the times due to them being different themselfs. Makes them more openminded towards others and more decent to hang around with without having to be araid that bad shit is gonna happen.

Never judge a book by its cover!

Fight for awareness sure, openly act in public? Not a chance in the world. I cite sex, gays, transgenders, bsmd, cross dress, etc, while some people out there accept it those same people Do not want it shoved into their every day lives. I find none of those groups disturbing, but its not me and I dont want to have it right in front of me then hell dont shove it down my or everyone elses throats.

I have serious issues with you lumping us trans folk into that. EXCUSE US for haveing been born incorrectly. would you rather we did nothign then go out and end it via suicide or a mass killing first cause those are the alternatives.

Dear readers;

Wouldn't you rather conform in public (it's only for a short time) so people respect how you look?

and for this I can not strongly enough say no. I will never conform to what societys standards are EVER. It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not and as long as im still alive I will not be anything other than myself. Even if this should meen I end up homeless and on the streets.

And to all of you who would dissagree with my prior post to this thread you are very well entitled to. It doesnt change that ultimately you can do anything you feel like. and its not about not respecting others its about respecting ourselves. and why should we show respect to those who will never show us the respect you are talkign about showing them. It makes no sense to me but if you want to be their beating posts and mindless mannequins then by all meens folow the other lemmings just dont expect me to do the same thing.

Going off topic a bit here:

Let's put it into another context. Imagine I was a serious self-harmer and I enjoyed cutting myself, taking precautions to ensure that I didn't cause any lasting damage (other than scarring and temporary bleeding). Imagine it was part of my lifestyle choice; I choose to do it because it's what makes me who I am...

Especially to the bolded portion... Ummm, WHAT? I won't take this into a long dragged out argument but before you give an example of something to prove a point, make sure your example is actually something you know a bit about! Self harmers do not "enjoy" self harming...It's a means to cope with stress, just as putting on a diaper and acting babyish is for most AB's. Get your facts straight.

Back on topic...

I agree full out baby clothing/fully visible diapers and showing absolutely no restraint in babyish behavior and/or showing no respect for the law (such as, for a random example, exposing your privates in public then saying to the police "but officer, I didn't know any better, I'm just a baby!") and such in public is too far - especially when there are chronological young children/babies about.

I think the "littleness factor" should be balanced out equally. The bigger you act the more babyish things you can use/wear (without stepping over the "all out" guideline). The younger you act, the less babyish things you can use/wear. I don't think actually wearing diapers should be included in that as some of us are incontinent and need them, but I think it applies where the diaper sticking out blatently is concerned.

Example 1 (bigger acting/more babyish things):

Say you're sitting in the park, talking to an AB aware friend. You're acting pretty grown up, no baby talk, no throwing everything everywhere, etc. In this case, I think it would be perfectly okay to use your binky or a bottle, and/or wear a babyish shirt or mildly babyish outfit (like overalls), etc. People might find it odd but they probably wont say anything.

Example 2 (younger acting/less babyish things):

Let's use the park scenario again. This time though, you might be acting little and having a fun time of chasing the ducks, playing on the playground, talking in a bit of babytalk, etc. In this case, I think it might be okay to use your binky or a babyish item if you really need to (at the risk of embarassment), but not be dressed as a baby and stuff.

The above can be applied to the AB's where AB-ness is not a fetish also, myself included. We may be little inside but we're grown up on the outside, and from the experiences of our lives (18 years or more) thus far we should have learned the skills necessary to cloak some of our littleness whilst in public.

As for me personally:

*I use my binky in public a lot of the time (especially when I'm stressed out).

*I use my bottle in public at times, but not often. Mostly, I'll use a straw, especially in a restaurant.

*I sometimes carry one of my plushies or my Dady bankie if I'll need it.

*As for the diapers, I'm incontinent so I need to wear them, but I try not to let them show (the crinkle I don't really care about cause no one will hear it anyhow unless they're looking for it.)

*When I'm with Dady, I will call him Dady unless he tells me to do otherwise.

Other than that, though, I try to act just as grown up as possible. My security items (binky, Dady bankie, and/or one of my plushies) keep me calm enough to be able to act as mature as possible.

Just my thoughts.

~ C.J.

Ummm, WHAT? I won't take this into a long dragged out argument but before you give an example of something to prove a point, make sure your example is actually something you know a bit about! Self harmers do not "enjoy" self harming...It's a means to cope with stress, just as putting on a diaper and acting babyish is for most AB's. Get your facts straight.

Undoubtedly, that is the case for a large number of self harmers. But I'm 100% certain that some people enjoy what would be classed as 'self harm', whether it's as part of a fetish or otherwise; for example, people into the more extreme forms of BDSM and body modification (the kinds of things you might read about in BMEzine). As you say, we could get into a long debate on this somewhat off topic subject; however, you're incorrect to suggest that I have my facts wrong; I feel you're generalizing from the particular here.

Back on topic...

"Why don't I care? Cause it has NO impact on my life at all what-so-ever! I don't HAVE to stand around at look at it, there's an entire PLANET of places for me to go if I don't like it."

That kind of sentiment seems really narrow minded and arrogant to me. To me, it says "I'm going to do what I want and I don't care about you".

Here's an analogy, smoking in public places. I'm so glad that we've finally banned that in the UK. I think that people should be allowed to make their own decisions about what they do with their bodies (as long as they don't hurt other people); and if that means smoking, then of course people should be allowed to do that in their own homes. HOWEVER, I also think that us non-smokers shouldn't have to put up with what a lot of people consider to be a disgusting habit.

Before the ban was brought in, lots of people said things like 'I want the right to be able to smoke in the pub. If you don't like smoking, then don't come to this bar'. So people's options were to either go to a different bar, or to just put up with the smoke. However, that's restricting one group's liberties for the liberty of another minority group. By banning smoking in public places, we're not stopping anyone from enjoying cigarettes; but we ARE protecting other people from a pastime they might find objectionable whilst protecting the majorities right to go where they want to.

Do you see how this correlates to acting like a baby etc in public? Let's go back to the example of a man dressing like a sissy baby in a mall. You say 'if you don't like it, don't come here' - but the majority of people aren't going to be comfortable with it. So they're forced to go to a different mall (or just put up with it). Neither of which is a satisfactory outcome. People should be free to go about their business unfettered by other people's habits that they find objectionable; be it smoking, be it listening to music too loud on public transport, be it spitting in the street, or be it dressing and acting like an 18 month old. I don't do any of these things because other people might find them annoying or upseting, and I was raised to have respect for other people.

Why can't we just do our own thing in private, where we won't upset anyone, but use some common decency (not to mention common sense) when we're in public?

B)

Respect for others is the Adult Part of AB

walking the line is OK... other people opinions are not that important... wearing nothing but a onsie or nothing but a diaper is still more tolerable than approaching a stranger in such and requesting they breast feed you or something... it's all relative... having a scope on what is acceptable is important... but if you think what you're doing is ok and you're certain it is safe for you...by all means engage in it... :argue:

Undoubtedly, that is the case for a large number of self harmers. But I'm 100% certain that some people enjoy what would be classed as 'self harm', whether it's as part of a fetish or otherwise; for example, people into the more extreme forms of BDSM and body modification (the kinds of things you might read about in BMEzine). As you say, we could get into a long debate on this somewhat off topic subject; however, you're incorrect to suggest that I have my facts wrong; I feel you're generalizing from the particular here.

One more off topic note, because this is very frustrating to me and I can't let this go unnoted...if you're talking about "self harm" related to BDSM (sadomasochism or masochism alone) it is not self harm in the mental health field...Just as tattoos, body piercings, self harm for religious purposes, and the like are not classified as "self harm" in the mental health field...I believe you should specify what kind of "self harm" you're talking about as there are different kinds.

Self Injury (which is what I took your first quoted post to mean): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-injury

Sadomasochism/just masochism alone: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masochism

Anyway, back on topic and I apologize for straying from the original topic again.

~C.J.

diapers4mw wrote...."Am I the only one wierded (is that a word) out by public AB displays? I personally don't

>think it is appropriate and will only get us more bad press."

No, you're not the only one weirded out by AB public displays. It seems that a number of members in our "community" are weirded out, as well. Why is this? The majority of the so-called "vanilla" crowd I come in contact with everyday, ( I'm dressed as a toddler girl ) have no problem with me. What are you people so scared of? Self-acceptance? This is who and what I am. I have no problem with that. And if anybody else has a problem with it, that's their problem. And furthermore, I have yet to receive any "bad press". If you'd care to check out the press I've received, go to: heidilynnsworld.com/ and have a gander. There may be others who have received "bad press" and may reflect badly on our "community". But there are always those few, in any segment of society, who reflect badly on their ilk. Priests, Scoutmasters, Teachers, Doctors...shall I go on?

It's probably pointless to expect most of you to understand, I suppose. Those of you with something to hide.

The only way we will ever gain some measure of acceptance in mainstream society is when we come to accept ourselves. Works for me. For most of you, that doesn't neccesarily mean going public. It means being honest with ourselves and others.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Apologies if this is 'off topic', but that's how conversations go in the real world. Don't you just love going off on a tangent? :)

Mooglelove -

My understanding of the current DSM / ICD criteria for self-harm is that it is not a disorder by itself. Instead, those kind of behaviours are only ever a complication or symptom of some other affective disorder (depression, bi-polar affective disorder, body dysmorphic disorder, borderline personality disorder, etc).

But because sexual paraphilias are classified as a disorder in and of themselves, it's quite possible that a certain behaviour may fall under the classification of BOTH self-injury AND a paraphilia (especially as the diagnostic classifications for 'self-injury' are very non-specific).

So if a person is NOT diagnosed as suffering from any underlying affective disorders, but DOES fulfil the diagnostic criteria for having a sexual paraphilia relating to self-harming behaviours (i.e. self-harm is their sole source of sexual satisfaction for a period of more than six months and it interferes with their ability to form conventional relationships or distresses them) then one can conclude that as a result of their paraphilia, the person IS self-harming (and quite probably 'enjoying' the behaviours at the time, regardless of their feelings about what they've done later).

Regardless of this, however, you must agree that this has turned into a discussion of semantics and not sentiments. The point of the original analogy was that what might seem acceptable to ONE person to do in public might well upset or distress a great deal of other people. As such I think it's prudent to err on the side of caution, and keep some of our behaviours private rather than risk offending other people.

lynniehyde -

Do people who don't smoke in the street have 'something to hide', if they choose to smoke at home instead? Do they not 'accept themselves' as smokers? Are they in denial about their love of cigarettes? How will smokers ever be accepted by the majority if they don't go out and force it on other people?!!!?! If anyone else has a problem with being near a smoker, that's their problem, right, not the smokers!

Or, and I might be wrong here, maybe they just choose not to do it in public because they know that it might annoy or upset other people? Doesn't that seem sensible?

Apologies if this is 'off topic', but that's how conversations go in the real world. Don't you just love going off on a tangent? :)

lynniehyde -

Do people who don't smoke in the street have 'something to hide', if they choose to smoke at home instead? Do they not 'accept themselves' as smokers? Are they in denial about their love of cigarettes? How will smokers ever be accepted by the majority if they don't go out and force it on other people?!!!?! If anyone else has a problem with being near a smoker, that's their problem, right, not the smokers!

Or, and I might be wrong here, maybe they just choose not to do it in public because they know that it might annoy or upset other people? Doesn't that seem sensible?

Ludicrous! Most smokers will smoke. Regardless of their sensibilities towards others. Unless prohibited by law or request. This is an invalid analogy, at any rate. To compare smokers to public ABDLs, is apples and oranges. However, there may be some validity to the point you're trying to make. Most long time smokers cannot or will not give up their habit because it is an integral part of their existence. Even to the point of their very existence. I feel the same way about my own lifestyle. I cannot deny this part of me. Even if it means my having to deal with public ridicule, scorn or death. To quote Popeye, " I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam."

I'm Heidi the BabyMan.

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Guest John_Q_Sample

"And furthermore, I have yet to receive any "bad press". If you'd care to check out the press I've received, go to: heidilynnsworld.com/ and have a gander."

Checked out this article linked to the website-

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2005-06-09/news/baby-man/1

I'm sorry, but reading it, it seems that the writer makes quite a few (if not many) comments that could hardly be considered "good" press...

Just a few quotes:

"The customers waiting in line behind (name deleted for privacy purposes)-- a 54-year-old semi-retired singer and actor, and "full-time adult baby/diaper lover" (AB/DL) -- are giggling, then grimacing. But (name deleted for privacy purposes) seems oblivious."

"Oh shit! It's Baby Man," says one cashier, a Hispanic kid who's heard the legend but has never been a witness to the spectacle. "It's like Sasquatch!" he says. "You don't believe it exists until you see it."

"He enters to an ovation of silence and disbelief. A tiny Navajo woman pushes herself up from her stool to get a glimpse, and two men in tight corduroy shorts have forgotten to light their cigarettes. The lull continues for about five seconds before a lanky 50-something asks aloud: "What. In. The. Hell?"

"The air in (name deleted for privacy purposes)'s apartment has become stagnant, and he's got a fan blowing full blast in his living room to combat the early stages of summer. Unfortunately, he's also got a dirty diaper. The smell of adult feces festering in his shorts is nauseating."

Something i dont think anyone has brought up is geographical differences. Where i live (upper central US) ABDl public behavior would not be tolerated AT ALL. You could possibly be locked up as a pedophile (something i abhorrently hate) harrassed endlessly and possibly physically harmed. Places on the coasts where oddities are the norm may accept it as different but not around here. The only person ive ever shared my ABDL proclivities with besides my wife was a professional counselor and he told me to NEVER, NEVER let out what i did "on my own time" or risk being publicly shunned by the populace for being a "sexual deviant". Yes its sad but its a fact of life i live with.

"And furthermore, I have yet to receive any "bad press". If you'd care to check out the press I've received, go to: heidilynnsworld.com/ and have a gander."

Checked out this article linked to the website-

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2005-06-09/news/baby-man/1

I'm sorry, but reading it, it seems that the writer makes quite a few (if not many) comments that could hardly be considered "good" press...

Just a few quotes:

"The customers waiting in line behind (name deleted for privacy purposes)-- a 54-year-old semi-retired singer and actor, and "full-time adult baby/diaper lover" (AB/DL) -- are giggling, then grimacing. But (name deleted for privacy purposes) seems oblivious."

"Oh shit! It's Baby Man," says one cashier, a Hispanic kid who's heard the legend but has never been a witness to the spectacle. "It's like Sasquatch!" he says. "You don't believe it exists until you see it."

"He enters to an ovation of silence and disbelief. A tiny Navajo woman pushes herself up from her stool to get a glimpse, and two men in tight corduroy shorts have forgotten to light their cigarettes. The lull continues for about five seconds before a lanky 50-something asks aloud: "What. In. The. Hell?"

"The air in (name deleted for privacy purposes)'s apartment has become stagnant, and he's got a fan blowing full blast in his living room to combat the early stages of summer. Unfortunately, he's also got a dirty diaper. The smell of adult feces festering in his shorts is nauseating."

I am guessing here, that you read the entire article, but chose to leave out the positives that were stated in the text for your own self-serving agenda. I didn't approve of some of Joe Watson's (the journalist) tactics in obtaining the facts for the story, but I have to admit, overall, it was a fair and balanced report. I have received nothing but positive comments on the street here in Phoenix from people who have seen and read the article. So what's your problem? Unable to reconcile yourself to the fact that I am doing something positive to help the community when all you can do is sit at your screen and whine? (That's "whinge" for you Oz-zie readers. Hee, heee!)

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)

Guest Baby Peter

My steph-dad his brother wears womens clothing ... everywhere (except his work on request from his boss) and all my friends + ex-GFs met him.

The funny thing is, i told them all up front and they were like "wtf iewl gross" ... and after they met him they were like, cool!

Hes a good guy, the dresses he wears look awesome on him and some didnt even know he was actually a man.

Now my friends love him cause he dares to be himself and not be bothered by what others say, and after talking to him they feel hes a great guy with nothing to hide and that is certainly not "odd".

Why am i telling this? it shows how people have a bad opinion about something they think is odd and shun right away till they face it and get to know that person better (and hey didnt have bigass convos with him, just hi, bye and some remarks about his clothing -positive-).

Great respect for you heidilynn, just stay yourself and enjoy it to the max.

To everyone disagreeing on it .... learn to be more openminded about it, if you cant.. then i feel sorry for you but dont try and let the other adjust so you can feel better about it, change yourself!

these kinda things will come into the world more and more, so unless the law starts dealing with it, get used to it and keep your prejudice to yourself.

-- to all thinking "you aren't openminded urself by forcing it onto others" (since i read that remark in this post a few times already) .... I am openminded enough to let everyone do what they please if it makes m happy and to let them be themselfs ... look if you can say that aswell.

I just think everything has a time and a place. I am incontinent and I do not show my diapers in public. I see no point in it. The way I look at it is like this. Diapers are our underwear. Would you be upset if you saw someone else in the store just wearing their underwear? probably. Just because you are an AB, does not give you the right to walk around dressed like one in just your "underwear". We already have a bad stigma, do we want to further it with this type of public display? Wearing clothes that imulate childrens clothes only makes people think you want to take advantage of little kids. Keep it private until the era comes where everyone just walks around nude then you can wear your diaper. Having said all of that, people who have an actual need for diapers, like myself, face this stigma on a daily basis. Please do not ruin it for the rest of us. A lot of progress has been made in the last few years. More and more retailers understand our needs and people are starting to understand the needs of incontinent people. Lets not shove this in their face and make them regret their decision to help.

Thanks