LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Question

When you became incontinent was it something that slowly started to occur or was it rather sudden? I know this has been brought up a lot with members on the board thinking they have become incon but there has been some things going on that I think is weird. I get a sense of urgency rather quickly lately. Its like I don't have to go and then BOOM I gotta go really bad and Im dashing to a restroom. I do wear diapers as I am a DL but not with regularity to cause sphincter atrophy or so I thought? I go weeks in between wearings and then usually wear only at night. The urgency is so bad that I almost go in my pants immediately. I have no desire to become incon but anyone have any idea whats going on? Thank you for your time.

~Brian

Sounds very much like an "Overactive bladder" to me-but you should have yourself checked out thoroughly so as to eliminate any problems and you may even be eligeable for free Inco products depending on your location and health department. :doctor::horse:

That is how my O.A.B. started-and I dont want to alarm you but with time it gets more urgent and you may end up with Bladder "Atrophy" - it's a sort of catch 22 situation. :badmood:

Good luck and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

i have the same problem, but its not with urine, but with bm. It gets real bad sometimes, is there anything such as overactive bowel syndrome?

and if i dont have a urge, its a pain, in my colon, that dosent stop until i release. I have some close calls with that too. I was wondering if anyone had anything similiar?.

i have the same problem, but its not with urine, but with bm. It gets real bad sometimes, is there anything such as overactive bowel syndrome?

and if i dont have a urge, its a pain, in my colon, that dosent stop until i release. I have some close calls with that too. I was wondering if anyone had anything similiar?.

There is something called irritable bowel syndrome as well as a chronic version called crones disease. You may want to talk with your physician about that one!

I think you are right Nappyloon, I am going to schedule a get together with my doc and maybe see a urologist. It is very strange because there is little to no ramping build up where I have to go a little, it just goes from normal to BAM gotta go gotta go gotta go right now! (that commercial cracks me up.)

I figured I'd post up here to see if there were anyone with similar situations or if thats how your incon started. Thanks a bunch!

~Brian

Sounds like IBS but could be crohns disease. IBS can be somewhat regulated by your diet it is not cureable but somewhat treatable with meds , I have Ibs and can be very painful sometimes during a flare up i can have 5-6 movements in the morning you need to see a DR.

IBS is not related to Crohn's Disease or Ulcerative colitis.

IBS is a motility disorder, where the fecal material moves through the bowel too slowly/quickly.

CD and UC are conditions where the intestine becomes inflamed. Crohn's can occur anywhere in the GI tract, while Ulcerative Colitis is restricted to the colon.

Your problem--whatever it is--sounds like a motility problem at the moment.

IBS is not related to Crohn's Disease or Ulcerative colitis.

IBS is a motility disorder, where the fecal material moves through the bowel too slowly/quickly.

CD and UC are conditions where the intestine becomes inflamed. Crohn's can occur anywhere in the GI tract, while Ulcerative Colitis is restricted to the colon.

Your problem--whatever it is--sounds like a motility problem at the moment.

Thanks for clearing that one up. I wasn't certain if IBS and Crohns had something in common or was a result of one or another. I guess thats why Im not a doc! LoL

You could have a lot of things, including an infection that could become serious. See a doctor and get it dealt with. Don't mess with something that could damage your kidneys.

With UTI's and bladder infection aren't they accompanied by a constant feeling of having to go or a burning sensation whilst urinating? I haven't had any other things that would tell me I have a UTI or bladder infection, nor do I put myself in the situation to get a bacterial growth up there? Just a query.

~Brian

Mine was sort of both if that makes sense. A few days after my accident, simple whiplash, I started to notice that I had to pee more often. Then I felt like I had to go a lot but not very much. Some days, I would pee in the late afternoon and then 10 minutes latter I would feel as thought I had to immediately go. But it would only be a trickle. At other times, I would barely make it to the bathroom.

At the same time all this is happening, my lower back, neck, shoulders and head were in a lot of pain. I was getting chiro adjustments every day. So these symptoms were not the most pressing of problems. My chiro was up front about the fact that periods of incontinence could occur as well as other issues.

Soon I started to leak very slightly, usually after peeing. Not enough to show but to certainly stain my underwear. I also started to leak seminal fluid somewere around this time.

I started to wear a “brief” instead of underwear after this. These were store-brand absorbent briefs.

For about a week I was leaking after I would pee. Had I not been wearing the brief, it would have been enough to show. Then suddenly, I wasn’t leaking at all. I think this lasted for about 4 days. I was still wearing the briefs because I had some left and I was still in a lot of pain. At the time I also had memory issues that were really upsetting. So again, it wasn’t the biggest problem I had.

So it was the forth or fifth day when it finally happened. It didn’t occur to me that I hadn’t peed since before noon and I was on my way home after 5pm. I do remember an odd weight-like feeling in my lower abdomen as I was waking to my truck but I didn’t think anything of it. I know that I wasn’t in pain nor had any other problems at the time.

Well, as I was driving home, I suddenly and intensely felt that I had to pee and instantly I was peeing. I had zero control. It was the weirdest thing I had ever felt. I peed a lot but not all of it. I was able to stop it that time.

Things went up and down since then for the next 4 years. It has been a swift downhill decline since March.

Thanks for clearing that one up. I wasn't certain if IBS and Crohns had something in common or was a result of one or another. I guess thats why Im not a doc! LoL

Many doctors don't really know the difference, either. But most of those won't admit it.

That being said, many folks with IBD (inflammatory bowel disease) also have motility problems, which is called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). So some physicians say "of course you have some motility issues, you've got diseased bowel full of bile acid", and others say "You've got both IBD and IBS". It's a mess for everyone concerned.

Welcome to the club of confusion.

With UTI's and bladder infection aren't they accompanied by a constant feeling of having to go or a burning sensation whilst urinating?

~Brian

You normally would, yes. But not always...and online it can be hard to tell what could be an infection, and what is just some muscle spasm.

That's why in situations like that I encourage folks to see their doctor. The cure to the problem might be as simple as an antispasmotic

(including cheap simple drugs like anticholinergics), or it might be a bacterial or fungal infection.

The worry is, when one does not know for certain, little problems can become big problems. It's not a bad idea to get a simple test like a clean catch UA to rule that out. You also want to rule out things like bladder cancer, which can be easily treated if caught early.

Once you know what is causing it (or at least what's not causing it), you can decide how (and if) you want to treat it.

That's my take on it, at least.

Mine was sort of both if that makes sense. A few days after my accident, simple whiplash, I started to notice that I had to pee more often.

(...)

Well, as I was driving home, I suddenly and intensely felt that I had to pee and instantly I was peeing. I had zero control. It was the weirdest thing I had ever felt. I peed a lot but not all of it. I was able to stop it that time.

Things went up and down since then for the next 4 years. It has been a swift downhill decline since March.

Gads, that does not sound good. Did you have any damage at all to your lower back/pelvic area? It sounds like you're in desperate need of an MRI.

Gads, that does not sound good. Did you have any damage at all to your lower back/pelvic area? It sounds like you're in desperate need of an MRI.

I've had all sorts of tests and nothing really conclusive shows up. It isn’t like they can spot something on a scan or x-ray and say, “That’s it there.” Its classic nerve trauma.

My truck was rear-ended while I was stopped. Simple accident and the whiplash was textbook. Within about 20 minutes, my upper back, neck and shoulders were sore. After awhile the headache hit. The next day was really bad. I think it was about day 3 when I started to notice short term memory issues. That really freaked me out more than anything else.

It took me a lot of chiro and time and the pain and other problems was gone after about 10 months to a year. It was hoped that the incon would clear but it just got worse. Along with the sexual issues and the “shock” feeling I’ll get in my legs a lot.

Oh, and the dreams are not fun. I’m constantly dreaming or having nightmares about diapers, wetting myself, being caught naked, others in diapers, weird orgasms and other even weirder stuff. Sleeping isn’t always very restful.

That shock feeling in the legs sounds definitely lower back to me. There are two large nerves that run off the lower back and down the legs. I had that feeling after I injured my back a few years ago. It eventually got better with physical therepy but it took a while.

Yes, it sounds to me like something at or above the sacrum. I would look for damage at S2-S4 in particular given the symptoms. But that's just me.

I do wear diapers as I am a DL but not with regularity to cause sphincter atrophy or so I thought? I go weeks in between wearings and then usually wear only at night. The urgency is so bad that I almost go in my pants immediately. I have no desire to become incon but anyone have any idea whats going on? Thank you for your time.

~Brian

The atrophy thing is a myth. I wear diapers 24/7, and it's been a LONG time since I used a toilet. I can switch out of diapers with almost no trouble. The only big problem is I can't take a diaper off after being in them all day and go without that night. If I want to switch back, it has to be in the morning. It's been a long time since I tried that, but sometimes, without realizing it, I've held it and flood my diaper, so I know everything still works I just choose not to use it.

Hi BriGuy,

I experienced something similar when I was about 23-24. I would suddenly have to pee very badly with little or no lead up. This was also around the time when I started drinking coffee regularly. I think caffeine gives me a bit of an overactive bladder because if I avoid it it seems like my bladder behaves normally...at least a little bit. I still get sudden urges to go even if I've avoided caffeine, but it's not as frequent.

I've been wearing diapers pretty regularly for the past couple of years or at least when I know I'm going to be out-and-about and drinking a coffee. It got to the point where if I had a coffee I would spend the next couple of hours rushing, in desperation and pain, to find a bathroom every 20 minutes or so. It was very annoying and disruptive to my life.

My advice to you would be to monitor what you drink, perhaps avoiding caffeine/alcohol and see what happens.

The atrophy thing is a myth. I wear diapers 24/7, and it's been a LONG time since I used a toilet. I can switch out of diapers with almost no trouble. The only big problem is I can't take a diaper off after being in them all day and go without that night. If I want to switch back, it has to be in the morning. It's been a long time since I tried that, but sometimes, without realizing it, I've held it and flood my diaper, so I know everything still works I just choose not to use it.

Thats good to know! Thanks for the heads up Witch

~Brian

Hi BriGuy,

I experienced something similar when I was about 23-24. I would suddenly have to pee very badly with little or no lead up. This was also around the time when I started drinking coffee regularly. I think caffeine gives me a bit of an overactive bladder because if I avoid it it seems like my bladder behaves normally...at least a little bit. I still get sudden urges to go even if I've avoided caffeine, but it's not as frequent.

I've been wearing diapers pretty regularly for the past couple of years or at least when I know I'm going to be out-and-about and drinking a coffee. It got to the point where if I had a coffee I would spend the next couple of hours rushing, in desperation and pain, to find a bathroom every 20 minutes or so. It was very annoying and disruptive to my life.

My advice to you would be to monitor what you drink, perhaps avoiding caffeine/alcohol and see what happens.

Ill give that a whirl. I have been drinking a lot of caffeine lately as I have been going to school, driving and working a lot. I'll lay off and see what happens. Although, recently it hasn't been so bad, either that or I haven't noticed it. Eh, maybe my body is just messin with me. Im still going to see a doc though.

~Brian

• 3 weeks later...

When you became incontinent was it something that slowly started to occur or was it rather sudden? I know this has been brought up a lot with members on the board thinking they have become incon but there has been some things going on that I think is weird. I get a sense of urgency rather quickly lately. Its like I don't have to go and then BOOM I gotta go really bad and Im dashing to a restroom. I do wear diapers as I am a DL but not with regularity to cause sphincter atrophy or so I thought? I go weeks in between wearings and then usually wear only at night. The urgency is so bad that I almost go in my pants immediately. I have no desire to become incon but anyone have any idea whats going on? Thank you for your time.

~Brian

Mine has slowly gotten worse over the past 5 years. While I haven't been officially diagnosed with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, my bowel accidents are getting more and more frequent. in the beginning, I would have to wear diapers at least one day every month or two, now it's at least once every week. I am also have more cases of kidney and urinary tract infections. I don't know why- I drink lots of water. I don't drink sodas that often, or coffee or tea. One day I was on my way to the mall and I felt the sudden urge to pee. As soon as I got out of my car, I started wetting my diaper.

• 4 weeks later...

Mine started up with my bladder back in 97. I was getting the feeling like I had to go all the time, so I was spending alot of time on the pot. This feeling slowly went away, to a point that I never know when it is going to come until it is coming out. My bowls are almost the same way, only I get severe cramps, or a burning sensation usually that lets me know to run. I dont know if this is the way the body is set up or not, but it feels like there is an inner sphinctre, perhaps an inch or two past the outer, and the only time i get that sensation is when anything is between the two. The outside is very very tender, and I can't use anything to wipe up other then baby wipes. or else I will be wiping up blood. I also get slight leakage that seems to appear about 10-20 minutes after I had a BM. Not sure if this is IBS or anything like that.

The last time I went to a urologist/gastro was about 4 years ago. At the time I was dx with both a spastic colon, and a spastic blader. I also have problems with tremors, and muscle spasms thruout my body. currently seeing a neuro, but nothing turning up as of yet.