LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

ADHD, autism, incontinence,bed wetting and wears diapers

I have adult ADHD, autism spectrum, incontinence issues wears diapers and and at night to keep from soaking the bed.

Does anyone have this issue?

Welcome to DD! You will find many people here with that issue. For myself I lost all bladder and bowel control in a car wreck 19 years ago. So I have been in diapers most of my life. Feel free to send me a message and ask me any other questions. Take care and have a blessed day!

On 6/11/2024 at 1:00 PM, Jeffery said:

I have adult ADHD, autism spectrum, incontinence issues wears diapers and and at night to keep from soaking the bed.

I had what would now be called ADHD when I was younger but it wasnt called that back then. I have a younger brother who was on what today would be called the autism spectrum although decades ago it wasnt called that either. He was a heavy bedwetter and I believe still wears diapers. So I don't think your alone with this problem.

Information is still sparse, but as it accumulates there is growing evidence that around 40% of Autistic children are bedwetters.

This seems to drop of to 20% at puberty, but in UK, adolescent paediatric care ceases at 18 and those still bedwetting drop out of the system and have to cope as best they can.

Thankfully, they have probably been able to squeeze into the largest size of Huggies until they can afford to buy adult bedwetting protection.

On 6/24/2024 at 12:06 PM, Wet Knight said:

Information is still sparse, but as it accumulates there is growing evidence that around 40% of Autistic children are bedwetters.

This seems to drop of to 20% at puberty, but in UK, adolescent paediatric care ceases at 18 and those still bedwetting drop out of the system and have to cope as best they can.

Thankfully, they have probably been able to squeeze into the largest size of Huggies until they can afford to buy adult bedwetting protection.

Your probably right. My younger brother was on the spectrum and was a bedwetter throughout his childhood and apparently as an older adult is now dealing with this again. I believe that where I live people also drop off the benefits provided for autistic young people at 18 but if the situation is still disabling they can then apply for government benefits that include income support and some cases include coverage for incontinence supplies if a doctor says they are required. 

• 4 weeks later...