LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Found a way to totally wet but keep the sheets dry

Introduction:

I've been on the bedwetting journey for years and definitely sleep-wet on a pretty regular basis (maybe 5-10X per month) It's normally during my first phase of sleep (like waking 2 AM finding I've totally wet) but later (like 4 AM) I find myself holding the 2nd batch. In part, may be a deeply buried desire to not sleep in wet sheets. It's almost like if I know I drenched myself at 2 AM then by 3-4 AM I awaken to myself holding the new urine just to keep the sheets dry. I believe the occasional difficulty of getting back to sleep in wet sheets, T-Shirt etc may be pausing my development as a bedwetter. 

Gamechanger Tip (for me at least!)

I found the combination of a good diaper (Abena or other) with a larger cloth diaper on the outside and plastic pants over them has allowed me to truly wet throughout the night while keeping the sheets dry. I wet every time, whether a 1 AM wetting in my sleep, a 3 AM stir and wet, or 5 AM before I get up wet. Even got up one of the following mornings for a little restroom break and ended up wetting myself right by the toilet (because I couldn't get the layers off in time!)

It's such a good feeling- I now feel a total "freedom to wet"  and also feel the distinction between "was I asleep or awake" slipping as I just always wet at night. I know my body accepts this, and also feel the control I used to have to "hold it at 4 AM" slips away a bit more each time I just fully go.

Takeaways

Recommending strong diaper + cloth on outside + plastic pants. Truly puts you in a place where you're free to wet all times at night (for those who subconsciously hesitate from dislike of wet sheets) Each time makes it more natural to sleep through. Bonus is that it creates a barrier to getting up for the restroom- The layers take work to unlayer fully so it's 100X easier to wet and go back to sleep. Allowing me to let go of that last bit of control (4 AM piece) and slide into wherever the bedwetting fairy takes me 😆

Note- Fully understand the alternative approach of getting 100% used to sleeping in wet sheets. That's totally viable but not currently practical for me.

• Like 3

I have a question, if you are using cloth every time, why the disposable under it?  Why not an extra layer or soakers of cloth as you have to do the laundry in any case, and avoid the cost of the disposable>

• Like 1
On 4/15/2024 at 4:15 AM, stevewet said:

All nappies  leak if you wet them enough.

Granted, but a cloth diaper and plastic pant over a disposable contains the vast majority of leaks.  I wear and like the combination.

On 4/15/2024 at 7:16 AM, deewet said:

I have a question, if you are using cloth every time, why the disposable under it?

Disposable minimizes odor.

On 4/15/2024 at 7:16 AM, deewet said:

Why not an extra layer or soakers of cloth as you have to do the laundry in any case, and avoid the cost of the disposable>

Most nights disposable doesn’t leak hence no laundry.

9 hours ago, WBxx said:

Granted, but a cloth diaper and plastic pant over a disposable contains the vast majority of leaks.  I wear and like the combination.

Disposable minimizes odor.

Most nights disposable doesn’t leak hence no laundry.

Actually, I use this setup when traveling... I use cloth diapers and plastic pants for my bedwetting, but when I go on my typical 2 week vacation every year, it's not practical to take 2 weeks worth of cloth diapers with me. There's the laundry factor, diaper pail issue, hauling wet diapers around, etc.. 

What I do is wear a good disposable diaper, like a BetterDry, with a booster pad inside it. then over the disposable, I wear a prefold adult cloth diaper, and plastic pants. With this combo, IF the disposable diaper leaks, the cloth diaper and plastic pants catch it before the bed gets wet. I have only had the disposable leak into my cloth diaper once. This way, I only pack 3 cloth diapers, having a couple spares if needed. Of course, I have another suitcase full of disposable diapers!

Agree with Dave and WB, 50/50 shot the disposable will leak into the cloth. Avoids laundry every night. Disposable definitely helps with the smell factor. It is a relief knowing the bed will stay dry, it was like this little worry that was in the back of my mind (although wet sheets aren't the end of the world, they're not the most comfortable) Also nice to be able to relax and do multiple wettings- no back of mind checking calculation "Did I wet in my deep sleep already? If so will this light sleep wetting hold?" and being free to just relax and wet, whether awake or not.

May sound like a minor thing, but does feel like freedom to know I can relax and let go  w/o those minor mental exercises.

• Like 1