LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

For all those writers who post their wonderful stories... Here's a suggestion.

Now, I debated whether or not to post this and WHERE to post it, because I'm not sure if this is the right place to do it, but I'm sure that one of the moderators can move it to the right place, if I made an oopsie.

But anyway, I've been just reading for a long while and it didn't take me long to notice something. When you're reading a story here, the other replies are immersion breaking. Now, I already posted a story here myself, but due to a lack of replies, I stopped.

Now, you may or may not remember, but I also have posted a story here but because there clearly wasn't any interest in it, I stopped posting. Now, I cross posted my story here as well as Ao3 or archive of our own.

That's what this topic is about, basically. Ao3 permits just about any kind of story you can think off. Even some really weird stuff and as an abdl writer, that's saying something. But anyway, my point is, if you're posting a story here, consider making an ao3 account as well. Then, potential readers can read that without interruptions.

Ao3 is purely a website for stories. It's not a discussion forum like this one. I figured, that while Ao3 is getting more known, it's still relatively unknown if you don't know it exists or aren't looking for it.

Kingdark.

From my limited experience on AO3, while they do have original stories, they're more geared toward fanfiction? Or the fanfiction sections seem to be more popular?

For the stories posted here, I can speak from an author's POV- as an author, I love comments and feedback, especially if the work is an inprogress piece because it lets me know what readers think, what parts or characters they enjoy, or what parts or characters they don't like. That helps me know as an author if I'm hitting my mark- is my story coming across as I intended it to, or do I need to rework some things in the piece?

• Like 2

One of the fun things about posting stories on this site is the chance to interact with readers.  More than once,I have revised the content of future chapters in response to a reader's comment-- and not just in comments on my own work.  Last night, reading a comment on another story that I'm following, inspiration hit.  I immediately pulled up a finished scene and edited it to make use of the reader's observation.  A planned but still unwritten scene still farther out will also be influenced by this observation.

It should also be noted that, around here, lack of comments does not equate to lack of interest.  Only a very small percentage of the people coming here to read our work ever leave a comment.  So, let me finish by saying yet again what many here have said before me:  write for your own enjoyment, and because you have a story to tell.  If you are a halfway decent writer, at some point you will hit the sweet spot, and the comments will come.    

• Like 1

I do write for my own enjoyment. And I didn't stop the writing. But I got less than five replies over a period of several weeks. It was discouraging. Granted, it was a starfield x TES crossover, so I guess that's not for everyone, but I like to writ fanfiction.

As for ao3 only for fanfiction... Yes, and no. I mean, sure, the majority is fanfiction, but original fiction, lewd fiction or just about any fiction, period is welcome there too.

On 4/8/2024 at 10:00 AM, Kingdark said:

As for ao3 only for fanfiction

So I’ve cross posted some of my older works over there. I know there are some devout fans of their system, but for me it is a bit cumbersome compared to this site and others. Not so much that I can’t post, but little things like clicking to a different editor than the html that’s enabled by default annoy me. I also feel like searching is almost impossible by the gigantic amount of tags. By the time I eliminate most of the fan fiction I’ve maxed out the settings for filtering and still have at least 1k results. 

You can also only get kudos once per book, so I can’t get my dopamine rush that I get from this site that way. Comments aren’t as chapter centered either. 

I do agree it’s probably the least likely to be a censorship issue. It’s not a bad site, but for my part I don’t feel it’s a panacea. 

On 4/8/2024 at 4:54 PM, Babypants said:

One of the fun things about posting stories on this site is the chance to interact with readers.  More than once,I have revised the content of future chapters in response to a reader's comment-- and not just in comments on my own work.  Last night, reading a comment on another story that I'm following, inspiration hit.  I immediately pulled up a finished scene and edited it to make use of the reader's observation.  A planned but still unwritten scene still farther out will also be influenced by this observation.

It should also be noted that, around here, lack of comments does not equate to lack of interest.  Only a very small percentage of the people coming here to read our work ever leave a comment.  So, let me finish by saying yet again what many here have said before me:  write for your own enjoyment, and because you have a story to tell.  If you are a halfway decent writer, at some point you will hit the sweet spot, and the comments will come.    

Oh, I'm very curious what the comment/observation was and what you changed in response. Please share!

• Like 1

littlebopeeper has left a comment on Katari's TEQUILA INDUCED CHAOS to the effect that tequila shots use high end reposado and not the low end stuff that typically goes into margaritas.  In my HOMAGE TO VINCENT VEGA, there is a running joke (explained at the beginning of the story) that Ian's drinking bouts play out in accordance with "Hong Kong Rules."  In short, when you don't have much money, cheaper is better.  In the "cop bar" scene that will unfold on Thursday night (we are now at Thursday morning), Ian, Vickie, Priscilla and Amos will be challenging the Fifth Precinct's reigning champions on behalf of the Third.

The revision now has Vickie, nose in the air, declaring that she's a tequila snob, and will only drink reposado.  But Ian still insists on drinking rotgut in the time honored manner of any American serviceman on leave in Hong Kong during the Vietnam war.  Their difference of opinion will play out in the bar, where I'll set it up as a Marx Brothers skit, with all the cops weighing in on one side or the other.  Either way, a good time will be had by all, although it's a foregone conclusion that Priscilla's team will win because only Amos will not be wearing a diaper, while the cops will make the mistake of relying on stakeout trained bladders, not diapers, to see them through to victory (first team visibly to piss itself loses).  And this plays into another joke that runs through AARDVARK, namely that Julia Canon hates stakeouts because she doesn't have a cast iron bladder.

Comments from readers have also impacted how Tippi Bjornsen is going to be punished for her part in the diaper heist, to give a second example of reader input.  Bouncing ideas off of readers who take a real interest in one's story can pay rich dividends.

• Thanks 1