LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The better mouse trap of the "reverse kegal"

Your internal sphincters are part of the Autonomic Nervous System or unconscious. These muscles are yours but not yours to control as it were. The good news is that the unconscious mind can help influence the ANS and the ANS can influence the unconscious mind. Try this, go without a diaper or get into a position that you usually have a difficult time going and do a reverse kegal. I am willing to bet money you will not wet yourself. That is because your potty training, so much of which is taught at the unconscious level before our conscious minds develop says that this is not the time or place to wet or mess and informing the ANS to clench and hold tight. Focusing on doing a reverse kegal is a behavioral action while the imagined wetting is a mental/psychological one.

So I have started doing this recently. Instead of just “relaxing” my pelvic floor, I now imagine that I am wetting or messing without even thinking about my pelvic floor, clenching or relaxing the pelvic floor is not a normal action for a potty trained adult and is very difficult to do. Holding or going is much easier. I try to make the action of going as realistic in my mind as possible, focus on all the sensations that go along with it. I find that in doing this my pelvic floor is even more relaxed than if I directly tried to relax and it has the added benefit of training the unconscious mind that this is an appropriate place to go to the bathroom and work through that emotion and thoughts at the time. I think there is an additional benefit in that the mind is pushing the ANS along and unconsciously contracting the bladder and moving paristalsis of the bowels along.

Try it next time you relax. Do a normal reverse kegal diapered or undiapered, and feel the drop, leave it for a few seconds and really take note of the sensations. Then imagine you are wetting and messing, it creates an even further drop for me and I have actually wet myself a few times in positions or times that I have had huge amounts of difficulty with in the past, such as in the car and in a diaper that I wasn't sure would or would not leak.

Good luck and let me know if this works for you. Since diving deep into psychology I have become nigh obsessed with why some people spiral in a way that @Kaliborio has outlined and why other people like me can spend literally years making zero or even negative progress. I have several more ideas but this one is the most succinct and easiest to implement.

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Enthusi said:

This is great!  I do this too but with an imaginary catheter being inserted.  

Do you find that you feel more open with imagining the catheter? I imagine that it is an unnatural feeling unless you are cath'ed frequently and even then the muscles are forced open.

50 minutes ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Yeah I find when I breathe deeply and think of my bladder contracting then maybe it will, but I have to be relaxed. 

I'll try the more indirect method, imagining I'm peeing. It sounds like it would work.

I would be interested in hearing how it goes. I have spent the last five+ months practicing hypnosis and self hypnosis virtually daily so I wonder how it would help someone who has not practiced hypnosis and the powerful visualizations and mental game that go along with it.

I am writing a more in depth post re: the Parasympathetic Nervous System and how it pertains to what I think may be some of the mental blocks. If you want to do more research on your own look up Vagus Nerve Stimulation, The Parasympathetic Nervous System, and Interoception.