LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Advice for someone going 24/7

To those who wear 24/7 what advice can you share 

any input will be helpful. Negative or positive even neutral comments are helpful

• Like 1

I went 24/7 about 4 years ago. I rarely mess in my diapers since it involves more work than I care for. I recommend that you protect your skin. Rashes are a pain to get rid of. I told my urologist and my primary care physician that I was doing this as a choice, not because of any medical issue. I didn't want them trying to cure a nonproblem. Outside of that, I have been fortunate to mostly work from home or work in my own office. The gym was tricky, but it is only a big deal if you make it one.

• Like 2

I've went 24/7 a little over 5 years ago (wet only).  There's probably an implied piece of "advice" right there.  Wet nappies are relatively easy to deal with in daily life whereas full nappies certainly are not.   NOBODY knows if you're wet.  EVERYBODY knows if you're messy.

• It can be a little soggy at the start whilst you learn what diapers work for you and how to use them.  Black pants are your friend.  Leaks abate as your competence grows but they still happen.  Plastic pants help, a bit.
  • Adult disposables suck in bed.  Expect leaks.  Wear plastic pants or better still, cloth-lined plastic pants in bed.
  • Look after your skin: rashes are far easier to prevent than they are to cure
  • Higher capacity diapers with fewer changes work out simpler/cheaper than lower capacity ones changed 5 times per day
  • Nobody notices your diaper (assuming half-reasonable attempts at discretion are followed - slightly oversized pants and overhanging shirts help a lot).  You're not as obvious as you think you are but compression pants over the lot will let you get away with murder
  • Except for the people living with you.  They will notice.  Eventually.
  • Some days it will be boring, hot, inconvenient, uncomfortable or some combination of all of these.
  • Google "olfactory habituation" and be mindful of it:  shave down there and wash your diaper zone down at every change
  • Assuming you're in disposables, you'll be amazed at the bulk and heft of the rubbish your lifestyle choice generates
  • Almost everything you assumed would be impossible to do diapered turns out not to be.  Sure, there's more planning involved but it can usually be done.
  • Eventually, some kind of dependency will probably emerge but it takes years and is therefore very unlikely to take you by surprise. You'll have to ignore a LOT of warnings before you start wetting the bed (which in real life for many of us, as opposed to the internet fairy tales, is what happens to you first).
  • If it doesn't work for you, don't be afraid to simply STOP.  Giving it up is not failure, it's learning something and reacting to the new data
  • If it DOES work for you, you'll regret not starting years earlier

Good luck.  Chronicle your journey.  It will be interesting to others.

• Like 1

I agree with almost everything oznl said. The only thing I disagree with is that eventually you'll become dependent upon diapers in some way. I've been 24/7 for a decade or so, and before that the only place I didn't wear was to the doctor. I still don't wet the bed or have daytime accidents. I think it's more of a case of if you want it, it may happen, but if you don't it won't.

Use good high capacity diapers. The store bought ones just don’t do the trick.

Take good care of your skin. Diaper rash sucks.

Always take a diaper bag with diapering supplies with you because you never know.

Don’t worry about people noticing your diaper. They probably won’t and if they do, they won’t say anything. 

There is not a lot for me to add here that hasn't already been said. I've been 24/7 for just a couple of weeks shy of 5 years at this point. I have not lost any daytime control, just lost some cruising range - it's inconvenient to have to hold it, but far from impossible. The result of letting myself wet in bed for that length of time has been that I sometimes wake up wet with no recollection of having done it (alcohol helps with that), so you could say that I'm an unreliable bedwetter. Definitely take care of your skin, and I would add that any diaper rash that doesn't dissipate within a short period of time should be suspected to be fungal in nature, and treated accordingly, via the creams or sprays that are readily available for jock itch, yeast infections and athlete's foot. 

Per what most everyone else has said, very few people pay much attention to what you're wearing in my experience, and the sound of your diaper is a lot louder in your head than it is in real life. That said, I will also say that when you are in diapers all the time, everywhere, the odds tilt in the favour of somebody seeing or finding out something, sooner or later, so you do have to be ready for that eventuality. Anyone you live with probably will figure it out, eventually, and circumstances can conspire against even the tightest security measures, given enough opportunities. So, the odds of someone you don't know figuring anything out on any given encounter are vanishingly small, and even if they did, arguably, who cares, since you don't know them and they don't know you. But someone that you spend a fair bit of time with, statistically, is more likely to eventually notice something

I would echo what others have said as well, that the rules to this game are determined by you alone. Don't gauge yourself by what someone else claims to have accomplished or to be able to get away with - "this" is supposed to be for fun, or at least, to make us feel better, so don't do anything that isn't fun, or that doesn't make you feel better, and, don't involve the innocent as nonconsenting participants, would be my advice.