LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers in Japan

My trip this year is 3 weeks in Japan.  I don't think I can carry enough diapers with me to make it through the 3 weeks, so I might need to buy some in Japan while I'm there.   Where can you buy adult diapers in Japan?

• Like 1

Never been to Japan but I have seen a fair few videos of stores that include adult diaper sections. While I don't recall any store names or designations it seems quite a few of the "general/larger grocery" stores have sizeable sections, probably some of the "convenience" stores as well. Unfortunately, I can't speak to the quality of what's there either but from some basic reviews, it doesn't seem bad. If you were hoping for something more dedicated, like around most of the rest of the world I wouldn't hold my breath. There might be somewhere that seems ABDL-specific, but Japan being Japan, that may end up being more cosplay/RP related rather than practical. I'm sure they have several dedicated online sources as well but no idea how you would handle logistics. 

Side note, some areas of Japan also have designated diaper disposal spots so you might look into that as well.

Hope that helps a little.

• Like 1

My understanding is that, per capita, Japan has among the highest adult diaper usage rates in the world, because it is a wealthy country, and, it has a relatively aged population. I can't comment from personal experience, but, you may be pleasantly surprised by the quality and variety of what you can get in stores there. Their use of adult diapers eclipsed their use of children's diapers a couple of decades ago - they have a notoriously low birthrate.

I was in Europe a few years ago for a 3-week trip, and I flew into France, not really knowing where or how I was going to find diapers. I went to an Auchan (grocery store chain) that was walking distance from my hotel and ended up buying a box of their store brand plastic diapers with tapes, and, they weren't awful. I used about 5 of them a day, versus, say, 2-3 decent ABDL diapers, and if I found myself teetering on the edge of disaster, then I'd just pee in a washroom here and there, until I could change my diaper, but, it could have been a lot worse. I found them to be kind of akin to Tranquility ATN's or like NorthShore Supreme Lights (now discontinued). The tabs were not resealable - they were one and done, but, you never really took those diapers off without throwing them out, anyway. 

So, you may find something workable, readily at hand. I wish you all the best, and let us know how it goes. 

• Like 1

I've not been to Japan but I have been to several Asian countries where Japanese diapers are widely available. The biggest thing to understand is that Japanese diapers are modular, with even premium diapers being very thin, with the expectation that you add boosters which are sold separately. The boosters often have an impermeable back so I slice vents into them with an exacto knife to let urine pass through. For example livedo is a big brand. From what I read you can buy diapers in supermarket.

• Like 1

If you have time before you are to leave for Japan, try contacting some Japanese or Japanese abdl people on twitter or instagram and hope your google translate does the proper thing.

Some of them may know english, I would send translated first followed by your original english message, make sure to put something in like "original english message" when you send it.

• Like 1

If you know any suppliers that ship to Japan, you might have diapers ship to where you’re going to be staying ahead of time. Like if you already have reservations for a certain hotel, they might accept a package for you, and hold it till you arrive. 

• Like 1

ABUniverse has a Japanese site, and they can ship to a Kuroneko Yamato office for pickup:

https://en.jp.abuniverse.com/

Also, Amazon Japan carries LittleForBig diapers, and they appear to have something analogous to Amazon Locker (called Amazon Pickup)

I'm also looking into going to Japan, and I have some questions myself:

Is there any possibility that bringing adult onesies and diapers through customs would raise any eyebrows? I've never had anything happen flying domestically, but last time I traveled to a different continent, I got the SSSS boarding pass (secondary screening) - Is there any cause for concern, or am I worrying about nothing?

Elsewhere, I've heard it stated that Japan has relatively few public trash cans - how much of a problem would this actually be, at least assuming that I'm not going to be too far from the tourist-y parts (Tokyo then Nagasaki)?

1 hour ago, Don Incognito said:

ABUniverse has a Japanese site, and they can ship to a Kuroneko Yamato office for pickup:

https://en.jp.abuniverse.com/

Also, Amazon Japan carries LittleForBig diapers, and they appear to have something analogous to Amazon Locker (called Amazon Pickup)

I'm also looking into going to Japan, and I have some questions myself:

Is there any possibility that bringing adult onesies and diapers through customs would raise any eyebrows? I've never had anything happen flying domestically, but last time I traveled to a different continent, I got the SSSS boarding pass (secondary screening) - Is there any cause for concern, or am I worrying about nothing?

Elsewhere, I've heard it stated that Japan has relatively few public trash cans - how much of a problem would this actually be, at least assuming that I'm not going to be too far from the tourist-y parts (Tokyo then Nagasaki)?

I can't answer the second one yet, but I'll have some good insight when I get back in July.  I'm taking a tour, so I have a guide that should help with research.  For me- Hiroshima was the non-negotiable.   I haven't seen much about Nagasaki.  It's a smaller city and not very close to Tokyo.  If you remind me, I'll give you the rundown when I get back.

I've traveled enough overseas that I don't think the onesies and diapers will cause much concern.   I can't remember the last time I had my bag examined in customs.

• 3 weeks later...

I lived in Japan for a total of 5 years.  You can get diapers easier than in the US. They are in grocery stores, malls, pharmacies etc all over the place.  Some shops even have a "sample" so you can see how they feel on your hand.  They are quality and comfortable but don't expect to get high absorbancy, I expect about prevail or depends absorbency.  Last time I bought some it was a 20 pack for ¥2100. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, diaperuser1 said:

I lived in Japan for a total of 5 years.  You can get diapers easier than in the US. They are in grocery stores, malls, pharmacies etc all over the place.  Some shops even have a "sample" so you can see how they feel on your hand.  They are quality and comfortable but don't expect to get high absorbancy, I expect about prevail or depends absorbency.  Last time I bought some it was a 20 pack for ¥2100. 

Thanks

• Like 1