LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Getting Surgery in Mexico

Just now, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Do you have a bucket list of any things you want to do/experience while you still have control? (Silly question maybe)

I haven't thought about that.  I wonder what things I won't be able to do after I lose control? 🤔  There are probably things I am not thinking of.

13 hours ago, Donaldo said:

My experience with that is: Don't write it directly in your profile. But tell before or on the first date. Consider writing a hint in the profile to make it easier to open up about.

I had something like this written in my profile: "I accept people for who they are and prefer people to be honest with everything from the beginning. Physical or hidden disabilities don't scare me. Humans are package deals and nobody is perfect."

It worked for me, and I've been in a relationship for 8 months now 🙂

That's probably good advice.  Although it would probably be easier to avoid having to tell people at all.  Maybe I would do something like you described for the profile, but reveal it in messages before the first date.

17 hours ago, voodoochild said:

Ok wow! I didnt expepct a response that quick! But As someone who has regressed to bed wedding recently. I can say typer covers or plastic sheets are your friend! 

Good idea, I have a plastic sheet on my bed already, it helps a lot 👍

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Reddy said:

That's probably good advice.  Although it would probably be easier to avoid having to tell people at all.  Maybe I would do something like you described for the profile, but reveal it in messages before the first date.

My plan has been to tell them around the time we plan on sharing a bed. I don't think it is pertinent until then.

5 minutes ago, DAQ said:

My plan has been to tell them around the time we plan on sharing a bed. I don't think it is pertinent until then.

That makes sense.  I think we all have different comfort levels with sharing and when to share.  I'm afraid of the rejection and would be likely to say it up front to scare them away earlier and avoid any problems, but your plan is probably more advised than mine.

Just now, Reddy said:

That makes sense.  I think we all have different comfort levels with sharing and when to share.  I'm afraid of the rejection and would be likely to say it up front to scare them away earlier and avoid and problems, but your plan is probably more advised than mine.

I think it might also be pertinent about the point or gaol of your date. If it is a hookup or potential hookup then it probably does make sense to tell them ahead of time.

• Like 1

An update for today...

Surprisingly, the agonizing wait doesn't seem so agonizing anymore.  Suddenly, my surgery feels very soon.  I need to make sure I have everything all set (packed, remember all my details) before I go.  So it seems like it's coming fast enough now.

I'm extremely excited, but I honestly can't really picture being incontinent.  It feels like such a big change is coming, but I can hardly even picture it.  It doesn't seem real at all.  It still seems completely impossible that I could become incontinent, so my mind just imagines that I'm going to Mexico, staying for a while, and coming home, exactly the same as before.  But we shall see...

• Like 1

Question for you - how long will you be down in Mexico post-surgery before returning home?  Just wondering why only 10 diapers?  I don't think it'd be comparing apples to apples in your voiding habit and diaper change schedule pre- and post- surgery, considering post- you'd be dripping and dribbling fairly frequently, so may need to change more frequently.  This is especially if you're going to buy generic brands with very low capacities...

Just now, ozziebee said:

Question for you - how long will you be down in Mexico post-surgery before returning home?  Just wondering why only 10 diapers?  I don't think it'd be comparing apples to apples in your voiding habit and diaper change schedule pre- and post- surgery, considering post- you'd be dripping and dribbling fairly frequently, so may need to change more frequently.  This is especially if you're going to buy generic brands with very low capacities...

After surgery I will be down there 5 days with catheter in, and another 3 or so days with the catheter out, before I fly home.  The 10 diapers is just to ensure I have good diapers for the trip home.  While I am in Mexico I can use cheap diapers that I buy at walmart down there.  Or I could also use Amazon to ship diapers to the hotel.

On 1/27/2024 at 8:40 PM, Reddy said:

Which procedures would you ask for?  The fistula procedure and a urinary incontinence procedure?

Please disregard my comment. My situation is completely unrelated. Sorry about that. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, dprpail said:

Please disregard my comment. My situation is completely unrelated. Sorry about that. 

No problem, I hope that all goes well for you 🙂

1 hour ago, Reddy said:

An update for today...

Surprisingly, the agonizing wait doesn't seem so agonizing anymore.  Suddenly, my surgery feels very soon.  I need to make sure I have everything all set (packed, remember all my details) before I go.  So it seems like it's coming fast enough now.

I'm extremely excited, but I honestly can't really picture being incontinent.  It feels like such a big change is coming, but I can hardly even picture it.  It doesn't seem real at all.  It still seems completely impossible that I could become incontinent, so my mind just imagines that I'm going to Mexico, staying for a while, and coming home, exactly the same as before.  But we shall see...

Do you feel any doubts/nerves as to whether you want to go through at this point?

• Like 1
Just now, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Do you feel any doubts at this point?

To my surprise, I still don't have any doubts.  I still want the procedure more than anything.  And I understand it might not be perfect.  I'm excited for every part of it.  Flying out to Mexico, staying in the hotel, getting the procedure, getting through recovery, getting the catheter out and being truly incontinent for the first time in that moment, and then coming home to live the rest of my life in diapers.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Do you feel any doubts/nerves as to whether you want to go through at this point?

I can't speak for Reddy but the deposit would be enough for me to go through with it regardless of any doubts, even serious ones. I am too cheap to give up that kind of cash.

But then again I think going through all of the steps to that it took to get to that point would be enough to know that I was ready.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DAQ said:

I can't speak for Reddy but the deposit would be enough for me to go through with it regardless of any doubts, even serious ones. I am too cheap to give up that kind of cash.

But then again I think going through all of the steps to that it took to get to that point would be enough to know that I was ready.

Yeah, I definitely do have significant financial lock-in.  I paid the deposit, and I also bought a non-refundable plane ticket and a partially refundable hotel reservation.  Not to mention the costs of bloodwork, expedited passport, etc.  I'm definitely flying down to Mexico at this point.  And once I'm there I might as well have the surgery.  But with the deposit I can't change my mind at this point anyway.

I would guess a lot of incontinent people would fork over $25k for a cure if they had it, so it's definitely not too late to back out. (Sunk costs and all)

But it's good to hear you don't have doubts. That means you'll be less likely to look back after the surgery. I am quite jealous in many ways. 

• Like 1
On 1/27/2024 at 2:08 PM, Reddy said:

I work in an office.  I manage a couple teams.  It's completely indoors in a regular office setting.  I only work from home very rarely.  I'm almost always in the office every day.

Seeing as you are in a managerial position where appearance is I imagine kinda important, you might consider going to a tailor and getting your pants fitted while diapered before you go to ensure maximum discretion upon your return to work.

• Like 1

There have been a few people saying that Reddy should already be wearing and using diapers, before his surgery.  The post above about office appearances reminds me of the idea of setting expectations from those fellow workers that the change in clothing and outline pre- and post- surgery is an illusion.  People pick up large change in someone, they don't pick up on a very slow change over time.  

Reddy goes to work one day with clothes that fit easily and show a slender outline, turns up to work a few weeks later with clothes that are now stretched to fit, and a puffy bottom - employees will wonder about it.  They won't know what's happened in the interim, so tongues will wag.

It is also a very good time to practice changing at work, even if you know you don't really need diapers right now.  It's not wasted effort, as the experience will come in very handy when you've saturated a diaper part way through the day, and _really need_ to change somewhere - but where?  Where's the bin? How do you hide the smell of a change? How do you get staff "trained" to ignore the backpack you've just taken into the toilet?  You didn't do that before you went on leave... hmm...

See what I mean?

3 hours ago, Reddy said:

An update for today...

Anxiously following this thread because I’m excited to hear your updates!

Have you thought about what that moment is going to be like once you got your feet up in those stirrups? Knowing that the next time that you wake up you’re going to be peeing your pants for the rest of your life. Knowing you’ll need diapers every second of every day….

Thats got to be really exciting!

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, ozziebee said:

There have been a few people saying that Reddy should already be wearing and using diapers, before his surgery.  The post above about office appearances reminds me of the idea of setting expectations from those fellow workers that the change in clothing and outline pre- and post- surgery is an illusion.  People pick up large change in someone, they don't pick up on a very slow change over time.  

Reddy goes to work one day with clothes that fit easily and show a slender outline, turns up to work a few weeks later with clothes that are now stretched to fit, and a puffy bottom - employees will wonder about it.  They won't know what's happened in the interim, so tongues will wag.

It is also a very good time to practice changing at work, even if you know you don't really need diapers right now.  It's not wasted effort, as the experience will come in very handy when you've saturated a diaper part way through the day, and _really need_ to change somewhere - but where?  Where's the bin? How do you hide the smell of a change? How do you get staff "trained" to ignore the backpack you've just taken into the toilet?  You didn't do that before you went on leave... hmm...

See what I mean?

Yes, those are good points.  Perhaps I really should have been doing that already.  But I don't have any time left now.  Just two weeks.  No matter what, I have to manage diapers after the operation.  I may just have to adjust to it at home.  I may look different once I go back to the office.  But there isn't much left to do about it now.

16 minutes ago, Ineedboth1994 said:

Anxiously following this thread because I’m excited to hear your updates!

Have you thought about what that moment is going to be like once you got your feet up in those stirrups? Knowing that the next time that you wake up you’re going to be peeing your pants for the rest of your life. Knowing you’ll need diapers every second of every day….

Thats got to be really exciting!

Yes, I've thought about that moment.  I think I'll be extremely excited.  It's good that they'll put me under, lol.  Just knowing that the next time I am awake it will be a life of diaper dependence is going to feel completely thrilling.

• Like 3

Im kinda the same way get the incontinence first figure out the small intracacies of of work or what have you because for me the desire has now come first everything else ill figure out

• Like 1
6 hours ago, voodoochild said:

Im kinda the same way get the incontinence first figure out the small intracacies of of work or what have you because for me the desire has now come first everything else ill figure out

That is exactly how I feel.  First comes incontinence, and then once I am permanently incontinent, everything else will work itself out - I have no other choice but to somehow make it work.

12 days left until I fly down for the surgery.

IMG-20240129-WA0000.thumb.jpg.6d3c1e555212943e604dcf34252a4b19.jpg

4 minutes ago, Reddy said:

That is exactly how I feel.  First comes incontinence, and then once I am permanently incontinent, everything else will work itself out - I have no other choice but to somehow make it work.

IMG-20240129-WA0000.thumb.jpg.6d3c1e555212943e604dcf34252a4b19.jpg

I think this is a great plan. 

Are you going to commit to diapers fully or are you still going to try to use the toilet for #2?

Have you considered what your data charges might be while you’re in Mexico? Your phone will likely still work but you might be running up a massive bill if you haven’t thought of a way to secure internet access before hand. It would be awful to have another bill for several thousand dollars when you got home because you were excited to give updates and tell everyone about your new experiences. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ineedboth1994 said:

I think this is a great plan. 

Are you going to commit to diapers fully or are you still going to try to use the toilet for #2?

Have you considered what your data charges might be while you’re in Mexico? Your phone will likely still work but you might be running up a massive bill if you haven’t thought of a way to secure internet access before hand. It would be awful to have another bill for several thousand dollars when you got home because you were excited to give updates and tell everyone about your new experiences. 

I'm going to use the toilet as much as I can, I think.  Unless it somehow becomes easier or more convenient for me to fill the back of my diaper at certain times, like emergencies or when a restroom is not nearby.

The good news is my cell phone plan includes data in and between the U.S. and Mexico.  Thankfully I'm all set there.  No problem sending updates 👍

3 hours ago, Reddy said:

I'm going to use the toilet as much as I can, I think.  Unless it somehow becomes easier or more convenient for me to fill the back of my diaper at certain times, like emergencies or when a restroom is not nearby.

Yeah I find when I am diapered full time that it's sometimes easier when I get a sudden urge to let it just go in the back. Obviously if I'm not in a situation that is conducive to changing then I'll hold off, but if I'm at home or something all bets are off. It'll be interesting to see if you feel the that way with time.

• Like 1

I can't believe I'm gonna be incontinent.  It's a lot to comprehend.  In just two weeks.  It's insane.  I feel like I'm living a dream.  I really never thought this was possible.  And I can't believe it's almost here.  Maybe it's starting to hit me.

• Like 3

Don't get cold feet!! 😳😁

Now as you're reading this, reach down and brush your hand over your crotch. It's NEVER going to feel like that again. It will always feel like a thickly padded diaper, slowly getting wet and squishy. 

I think the LONGEST period of time for you will be the 5 days after surgery, when you're waiting for the catheter to come out, so you can experience the thrill of wetting your diapers.

• Like 1
  • Reddy changed the title to Getting Surgery in Mexico