LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Botox for under active bladder

Been diagnosed with under active bladder and urologist next month is giving me Botox at the prostate and urethral sphincter.

Has anyone had this done

as it is I tend to store 800 -1200mls before I feel it if I don’t have overactive symptoms that day.

my private continence nurse and public health urologist has divided me on different treatment plans as urologist refuses to communicate with continence nurse

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't had it done. But I checked into botox for my muscle spasms in my neck and it will only last 3-6 month max. It may not be any better for the bladder muscle .

On 12/24/2023 at 3:06 AM, sjaeger said:

Been diagnosed with under active bladder and urologist next month is giving me Botox at the prostate and urethral sphincter.

Has anyone had this done

Nope. At the time sphincter removal and mechanical replacement were the only options  -- 30 years ago.

That  certainly is interesting. I am curious as to how it turns out.

2 hours ago, ppdude said:

Nope. At the time sphincter removal and mechanical replacement were the only options  -- 30 years ago.

That  certainly is interesting. I am curious as to how it turns out.

Did you have that done? What was the name of the procedure? IDK if you've seen but there's another thread where a member is planning to get elective transurethral resection of the bladder neck, prostate, and external sphincter. I suspect that is more severe operation than what is provided for a person with UAB.

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2024 at 1:48 PM, superabsorbantpolymer said:

Did you have that done? What was the name of the procedure? IDK if you've seen but there's another thread where a member is planning to get elective transurethral resection of the bladder neck, prostate, and external sphincter. I suspect that is more severe operation than what is provided for a person with UAB.

Not yet the urologist hasn’t even put the signed paperwork into admissions since December and didn’t bother t show u on Wednesday at the appointment so had to see another urologist there 1.5 hrs after the appointment was supposed to happen

When it comes to procedures, I would personally trust the advice of a urologist over a continence nurse for most things. The continence nurse may have experience dealing with patients in recovery/post-surgery, but a urologist is gonna have a much deeper understanding of your body’s needs , ability to discuss benefits and risks, and is medically licensed to actually give treatment overall. 

if anything, I would compare with a second opinion from a second urologist if you’re concerned (ideally a different practice, but doesn’t have to be, especially if they’re all independently hired by the hospital). That’s totally reasonable when considering a procedure or surgery to get a consult from a non-operating surgeon. 

Also, doctors not communicating well with nurses is a tale as old as time. Likely he expects then to read visit notes, or if she is in a different system, there may be privacy issues and paperwork missing, who knows. but it’s pretty common.