LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do you think an interest in diapers is due to neglect or abuse in childhood?

Hey all-

I have been really depressed recently and have felt very demotivated. So all I felt like doing was reading on my phone. While I was doing that, I came across an article that said that those who are verbally abused (which I was, on a regular basis) in childhood are prone to depression and anxiety in adulthood and also we tend to form unhealthy co-dependent relationships with our partners. Well it got me thinking.. were you neglected or abused in childhood? Is this why we want to regress to that earlier life stage- because we are trying to heal some sort of childhood trauma? I ask because in addition to the regular AB/DL stuff I like to be humiliated sexually - laughed at, spanked, spoken down to by my CG/MD, given wedgies and kind of bullied by her. It is extremely erotic to me so I encourage her to do it even though it doesn't come naturally to her (she is very good at soft-domming but the rougher stuff she struggles with).

Anyway, does anyone else believe their AB/DL or kinky proclivities have to do with being previously abused (verbally or emotionally) in childhood? Do you enjoy sexual humiliation today?

• Like 1

I definitely think abuse is part of how I became who I am, diapers and all. When I was younger (but an adult) i craved spankings as well, though being asexual it was hard to find partners that didn't want more than I had to offer. These days the spankin thing has mostly worn away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I definitely feel like neglect played a role in me wanting to be a baby again. Not only that but I feel a strong desire to start over again and start a new. Some days like today, I just feel really broken and I hate the fact that I have Mommy and Daddy issues. I was thinking about that this morning actually and I thought to myself, "no wonder I have confidence issues and I'm afraid of the world." I also feel like I was forced to grow up very fast, which really honestly created the whole baby thing to begin with. Sometimes I just feel like I really hate my family just because they weren't there for me growing up. And left me with a lot of issues because of that to figure out on my own. And the sad part is, they don't even realize that.

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the quick responses friends (and I welcome more to respond of course). But thank you because I feel like some of the things I desire can be a bit difficult to communicate to my partner (and shame definitely plays a role in my communication difficulties.) I don’t feel I was forced to grow up fast so that is not the issue but rather that I was verbally abused and emotionally neglected. I definitely have “mommy issues”. I guess this is on my mind because (and here we get to the crux of my dilemma) I always desire more humiliation stuff and for many years it has never felt like “enough”  but then when I communicate this to my MD, it becomes too extreme (she always stops immediately so no issues there). I still don’t know the exact right amount or style of dominance that is going to satisfy me and hit that exact psychological need.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, AugustRaineDL said:

Thanks for the quick responses friends (and I welcome more to respond of course). But thank you because I feel like some of the things I desire can be a bit difficult to communicate to my partner (and shame definitely plays a role in my communication difficulties.) I don’t feel I was forced to grow up fast so that is not the issue but rather that I was verbally abused and emotionally neglected. I definitely have “mommy issues”. I guess this is on my mind because (and here we get to the crux of my dilemma) I always desire more humiliation stuff and for many years it has never felt like “enough”  but then when I communicate this to my MD, it becomes too extreme (she always stops immediately so no issues there). I still don’t know the exact right amount or style of dominance that is going to satisfy me and hit that exact psychological need.

I absolutely understand how you feel. One of the big catalysts for me wanting to be a baby again was the fact that I was verbal abused and emotionally neglected growing up. And I just never really got over that. I've come to the conclusion that I'm never going to get over that, but I know that some days will be better than others. But unfortunately today is NOT one of those days.

• Like 1

I was not abused as a child. I had a wonderful childhood and never wanted that feeling to end. I guess I'm trying to go back--except now as a ittle girl because I was bullied a lot all through school as a boy. (Not a bit athletic, a bookworm or "nerd"). Plus girls' clothes are much cuter.

• Like 1