LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

24/7 Do you go through phases? Wearing different products?

I made a post about some questiions I had and I wanted to see if others expirienced what i do?

Do you go through phases of not wanting to wear big bulky diapers and then sometimes it can never be big enough.

Personally I will always need to be padded and sometimes I feel like I can never pee enough. then sometimes I get lazy for a few days and have been going free ball in a incon pad or just some light pull-ups. After my little breaks "kinda" I seem to come back to big plain abdl diapers with a booster pad, witch i love but the cycle seems to continue?

any thoughts?

Early in my incontinence journey, I was always trying different products looking for the ones that worked well and felt right.  As time went on, I gravitated toward cloth diapers in situations when I wasn’t particularly concerned with maintaining a discrete appearance and high quality disposable diapers when I was trying to conceal the fact that I was diapered. Around home and particularly at night, I wear cloth diapers.  I’ve yet to find a disposable diaper I can use at night that won’t leak.  While I’m still open to trying new products, I’ve stuck with the same set products for many years now.  

• Like 1

I went through phases like that, even after being 24/7 for about 3 or so years.  The big phase change from 24x7x365 for 3 years to knickers was during COVID lockdowns.  I attribute it to a desire to not be 24x7 with pooping, and a bit of depression caused by family issues.  I was in lots of pain due to holding in poopies till nappy change time, and combined with the depression meant that, one day, I was about to do a nappy change when my brain went "it'd be easier to be wearing panties"?

I still have those kinds of thoughts, but have been mostly 24/7 these days in cloth nappies.  Four things helped me to get back into nappies:

1) I kept seeing both damp panties, and also evidence that my bowel issues remained in force (I had been bowel IC in childhood, largely petering out in adulthood, but continued to have issues with it).  Wouldn't nappies be better to manage that, I kept thinking?  Being in panties also fueled the depression a bit too.

2) I discovered cloth prefolds, and that they helped a lot at night with side-sleeping, so no leaks, or danger of leaking.

3) I vowed that the only real way forward for me was to admit to myself I needed to be both bladder and bowel IC.  I was then quite confused as to whether I should just let things happen passively on bowel urges, or (as I do now) push like a toddler when I feel a bowel urge.  

4) I discovered that the cloth nappies were so much better when I went up a size.  I can truly feel small when the rise is so much higher than my belly button.  There's no way I can get out of them to do a poop, so if an urge hits, I've no choice.  Lately, I've found that I feel so much better after a poop, than attempting and fighting to hold it in.  

First thing I did when I recognised that panties weren't doing it for me was buy pullups, and use those in exchange, so I could "technically" say I was in padding.  

So for a while I went from pullups to nappies, back to pullups, then to nappies.  I also found that, just like you, I'd want to be in very thick nappies for a while, and thin them down from there.  I just experiment with various thicknesses and pads to see what works, and what's uncomfortable to sit on for 8+ hours a day. 

• Like 1

I swap and change when I feel like it. Sometimes I wear tena maxi slips during the day and others I wear comfort extra shaped pads and sometimes pull ups. Sometimes I just feel the need to wear a thick bulky nappy That is noticeable under my jeans.

30 minutes ago, DailyDiapers said:

I definitely go through phases during the day, between training pants, pull-ups and padded underwear. At night I don't have a choice.

I usually wear a abdl diaper with an insert for my bed wetting and those "still" leak. 80% of the time it is fine, so i agree night is nececary. Sometimes I slim down at home in the evenings. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Lately I've been on the hunt for my new daily diaper now that ConfiDry 24/7 is no longer being produced, so my diaper phases have been changing due to this.

In general, I try to wear a thinner diaper for when I know I have the potential to mess, otherwise I've been wearing very thick disposables to last me all day.