LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

About different languages

I read a lot of stories about the littles in the diaper dimension, but they can always communicate with others. Maybe can we just have a long story which will tell us how the leading characters learn a different language between both of the roles. I read a story named Translation (maybe) by Sophia(too short), a story by Yas but I can't find it now and nearly a story about dragon and human. Anyway you can see,as a different language user and a fan of Tolkien, I really really need a linguistic theme abdl story.

I don't remember the author or title, sorry, but there is a story ab9ut a woman kidnapped/rescued by an ogress. They do not speak the same language.

French Whines may also deal with this a bit. It's been a while since I read it.

23 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

I don't remember the author or title, sorry, but there is a story ab9ut a woman kidnapped/rescued by an ogress. They do not speak the same language.

I think you're referring to this one? https://d.abdlstories.club/t/big-changes/4384 (I have it open to re-read at some point in a tab)

On 6/26/2023 at 9:54 AM, Hugues said:

I read a lot of stories about the littles in the diaper dimension, but they can always communicate with others. Maybe can we just have a long story which will tell us how the leading characters learn a different language between both of the roles. 

Part of this is likely a practical thing, writing as if in a foreign language is a technical challenge. Either you're coming up with a unique language like JR Tolkien as you mentioned, or you're spending time translating into another language and pasting it in. (This has become more feasible due to things like DeepL to be honest) My fear with the second is you translate wrong and someone calls you on it! (I've done this with another pen name I write under with a language I did at least study... but it's tough!)

From a more 'canon' perspective (not that there is such a thing with the dimension) I think if you're really in an alternate version of your world it's probably likely to have language in common. That being said there's no reason it can't!

There are very few people out there with the language background Tolkien brought to the table. He was a genius on so many fronts! That being said, they do exist, so I'm sure someday someone will attempt this!

On 6/27/2023 at 12:30 AM, ValentinesStuff said:

French Whines may also deal with this a bit. It's been a while since I read it.

Thanks for your recommendation. The first one maybe is the story I remember written by Yas and I don't know why but I can't open the website by CSfox.

50 minutes ago, BabySofia said:

I think you're referring to this one? https://d.abdlstories.club/t/big-changes/4384 (I have it open to re-read at some point in a tab)

Part of this is likely a practical thing, writing as if in a foreign language is a technical challenge. Either you're coming up with a unique language like JR Tolkien as you mentioned, or you're spending time translating into another language and pasting it in. (This has become more feasible due to things like DeepL to be honest) My fear with the second is you translate wrong and someone calls you on it! (I've done this with another pen name I write under with a language I did at least study... but it's tough!)

From a more 'canon' perspective (not that there is such a thing with the dimension) I think if you're really in an alternate version of your world it's probably likely to have language in common. That being said there's no reason it can't!

There are very few people out there with the language background Tolkien brought to the table. He was a genius on so many fronts! That being said, they do exist, so I'm sure someday someone will attempt this!

I do agree with you. Linguistics is always so difficult to learn and mastering a foreign language is not only to learn a symbol system but also the culture. Writing a story is just creating something from void. So I need to wait till someone do that. Maybe someday you will refer the theme more? I have to say that I love your telling style so much.

18 hours ago, ValentinesStuff said:

CS had to shut down FTT. I am not sure why.

Try here.

https://en.zity.biz/index.php?mx=docs;ox=showitem;id=7100;cell=3198

Thanks for your help. I had already read this one and it's really really so excellent. The helpless situation just like us when we meet a completely unfamiliar professional field learning. Yes that's the three years of me. I hope to see the ending of the story.

21 hours ago, BabySofia said:

I'll must read this one tonight,or I can't sleep well.

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2023 at 7:01 PM, ValentinesStuff said:
On 8/8/2023 at 4:19 PM, Bel George said:

Anyone knows where we can find the chapters 11 and up of this story "French Whines"?

The copy I have ends at ten. I remember it being posted on Sissy Kiss, but I don't know if it's still there.

I found the full story (20 chapters) here on the dailydiapers website:

https://www.dailydiapers.com/content/stories/287.html

On 6/26/2023 at 2:54 PM, Hugues said:

I read a lot of stories about the littles in the diaper dimension, but they can always communicate with others. Maybe can we just have a long story which will tell us how the leading characters learn a different language between both of the roles. I read a story named Translation (maybe) by Sophia(too short), a story by Yas but I can't find it now and nearly a story about dragon and human. Anyway you can see,as a different language user and a fan of Tolkien, I really really need a linguistic theme abdl story.

If you haven't read it before you might like the long out of print book Aliens and Linguists. It's all about how writers have treated language in science fiction. It does bring up Tolkien but also notes that most authors it seems would do absolutely anything but have characters have to learn a language. Language learning pills, language learning machines, characters who just happen to already know the local language, simply having characters not be able to communicate at all because they don't speak each others language and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ oh well, what can you do?

Language plays a role in my story Finding New Things as the character who is pulled into another world doesn't speak any of the local languages. I'm merciful and the other viewpoint character speaks a language closely related to Old English and is able to puzzle out some of what our human from California is saying. But I'm not all that merciful so that language which he's being taught is a minority language that is possibly only spoken by a single digit number of people in the entire college town the story is in. Fair warning, it's also an incomplete story that I haven't updated in a few years. I do plan to continue it but a few events combined that mean I've written only a handful of words for it or any other stories the last few years.

• 1 month later...

If you haven't read it before you might like the long out of print book Aliens and Linguists. It's all about how writers have treated language in science fiction. It does bring up Tolkien but also notes that most authors it seems would do absolutely anything but have characters have to learn a language. Language learning pills, language learning machines, characters who just happen to already know the local language, simply having characters not be able to communicate at all because they don't speak each others language and ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ oh well, what can you do?

Language plays a role in my story Finding New Things as the character who is pulled into another world doesn't speak any of the local languages. I'm merciful and the other viewpoint character speaks a language closely related to Old English and is able to puzzle out some of what our human from California is saying. But I'm not all that merciful so that language which he's being taught is a minority language that is possibly only spoken by a single digit number of people in the entire college town the story is in. Fair warning, it's also an incomplete story that I haven't updated in a few years. I do plan to continue it but a few events combined that mean I've written only a handful of words for it or any other stories the last few years.

Oh,thanks a lot. I'll.try to read the two. And I will recommend you to watch the movie named Arrival by Denis Villeneuve. It's about aliens and how linguists learn their language and use the thinking.