LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers, Aide Against Depression & Suicide Or Part Of The Problem?

Having explored other DL’s & AB’s online for 13 years and meeting with face to face I thought this might be a good question to bring to this forum. I’ve found that my experiences from childhood to adult hood are very common with others. So the dark side of life for those who are also suffering too might be having these feelings.

I don’t want you to thing I just want to get sympathy or a shoulder to cry on, I’m hoping to learn something about myself through others.

I’ve been dealing with depression and suicide thoughts for over 15 years. The depression comes and goes but is always an underline issue. If you meet me you wouldn’t think this since I have an outgoing personality yet this mask I wear doesn’t help too much since no one seems to really like me. The suicide thoughts come and go too. Years ago the thoughts of suicide were more an emotional response where now it’s more something I feel will happen in the future and not be a reaction to severe depression but to the doom of reality.

I’m 46, I know that in the coming years, maybe 5 to 20 years from now, things will be bad with finances, family and health to be specific. I’ve never been married or even past a 3rd date and I’ve gone out with only about 8 women in my whole life. I’m a loner and yes, a loser! Problems with my immediate family keep on getting worse. I can’t find a job that I’ll stick with. I complain too much and basically I feel that my personality seems to be an acid personality and I believe that I’m ugly.

I see the option of suicide as the emergency handle on a train. I’m a passenger on a train and I visualize the emergency handle and although I know I can’t just pull it at anytime I know it’s there and when it gets unmanageable I will get up and pull it.

I wear diapers every night, I have over the years diaper trained myself to the point where I wet my diaper every night. On the weekends I’m in diapers about 90% of the time. During the rest of the time I’m in a trim diaper {Depends Velcro shields}.

Even though I wake up in the morning depressed over the idea retuning to a job that I despise, I look at and feel my wet diaper and find that this is what really brings me any happiness! I think if I kill myself that this is what I will miss {I’ll be dead and won’t be missing anything though.}

Currently I’m not going to a therapist, the cost is too much. The first therapist I went to, I got up the courage to tell her one day about diapers, she didn’t freak out but never brought it up again. I never mentioned it to the second therapist who I went to for 5 years or to the other 2 more recent ones. When I go back to a therapist it will be obvious that I need to make it on top of the list.

So the main question is this, diapers seem to be the only real thing that brings me happiness. But could it be that the diapers are part of the problem or does it just seem to be that way since it’s something that need to be kept private and feared if found out by others?

Or maybe the diaper fetish is innocent and has nothing to do with my problems and yes I’m lucky, I have something to bring some happiness?

I have lived with someone who was dealing with massive depression among quite a few other things. I am not a quilified therapist and my first stab at advice is seriously go get one. What it sounds like to me is you suffer from massive depressive disorder and anxiaty disorder. First things first, if diapers are indeed some form of escape, something you can lose yourself in that is not a bad thing. It is a bad thing however if its the only thing you got that makes you happy and it runs your life to the point you could not survive without it. Nobody is happy with every aspect of their life 100 percent of the time thus having ativities on which to escape for awhile to find enjoyment is healthy. However as you described I do not beleive this your case. It sounds like you completly rely on them. Without knowing much about your family, personal relationships, friendships, how you interact with others, etc there is no way to tell what is causing you to feel this way. The therapist you saw probably didnt think you wearing diapers was a big deal compared to the other problems that you are dealing with. Under no circumstances are suicidal thoughts a positive thing. This is a HUGE red flag that something is wrong and you need to talk to someone. 1. go seek out a mental health professional ASAP. 2. If you think diapers are a cause, you could try cutting them out of your life for awhile and see what happens. 3. If you are experiencing ANY suicidal ideals or behavior call a hotline or dial 911. 4. without knowing what your relationship is with your family this is optional but try talking to them about your depressive moods and that you want to seek help for it, let your family be your foundation. If you lack that i suggest finding a depressive disorder support group at a local community center. Yes its scary, yes its hard to do but even a small step in talking to other people about it is a step in the right direction a sign you want help. stay healthy.

best regards

Paradox said only ONE thing that might actually help you and it was the part about calling 911 if you're thinking of killing yourself.

First, that's kinda dumb, and REALLY fucking embarrassing. BUT, if you DO call 911 they'll come out and get you, and perhaps finding you wearing a diaper and in an agitated state would get you institutionalized for a couple days where you would get some "free"* psychological assistance. *Free means they'll bill you an exorbitant amount for the EMS ride to the facility and the charges FROM the facility will make you wish you were dead, even if you have the best insurance in the world.

My advice to you is to read my upcoming guide to achieving ABDL zen in your relationships. (i'll publish it here soon) But for right now you're best off to focus on feeling good about yourself, both diapered, and not.

If you're unhappy in your career, find another one. If you're having problems getting laid, (big thing to happiness) pick up someone on craigslist, there's plenty of other lonely people out there. Believe me, I was one of them.

Also, smoke some weed, it really will make you feel better.

Sleep tight,

ps, you can talk to me via pm if you like. I'm not as harsh as I sound, I promise. --I'm just hungry and cranky!

It's very likely that diapers are related to your depression. The snag of course is that it's very unlikely you'll ever shake the desire to wear diapers for the rest of your life. Therefore you need to manage them. It's a balancing act.

Smokers think they feel better when they smoke. They don't, they merely feel as good as non-smokers feel. Diapers are no different. We're people with something missing, something that was taken from us, and they fill that hole. Accept this.

Don't accept that it means that you can't get a girlfriend. You can. You just have to take the diapers off now and again to do it. Sure, it's possible you could find a hottie diaper girl, but don't plan on it. One thing I will promise you, if you find a girl who really loves you, and you put enough time in, she may change your diaper for your birthday and not moan too much about the smell coming from the bathroom. That's it.

Talk to people. This community exists like an island in the wilderness. You can email me at willow_zzzz@hotmail.com, and if you need it, I'll send you my phone number. Tell your therapist, or get a new one. I've done it, they look at you funny, but force them to help you, or fire their ass. You're not looking for a cure, you're looking to balance your life so you can actually have one. Ask for anti-depressants and tell them your dark thoughts. They'll help you, take them.

Mingle with people. Take a dance class. Take up a martial art. Go to book clubs. There are a million things you can do to mingle with people. Do it without the diapers, and put them back on when you get home. The single thing will resolve itself if you continue to mingle. Even if it doesn't, the social life will do a lot to help the depression. Man is a social animal.

It's hard. I've been there. But if you hold on and hold on there is light at the end of the tunnel.

There ARE girls to be found that can be into you and what you love. You just have to help them learn it, too. I'm in the beginning of my journey with one, and although she doesn't do everything I would like, she knows what it is that I want, and it just takes time to make the compromise between the two of us. I always thought those types of girls weren't out there, at least not for me. But, I have found that even when you're a tool you can get hot chicks. I see it ALL the time. (in high school, I was one of those guys) because of what it is that I love, I knew it would be short-lived. Those girls are high maintenance and bitchy, but they love Coach bags and they look great standing next to you. Sometimes, that's all it takes for a little happiness. And I stand by my comment on smoking some weed. They love that, too.

In lieu of the worldly things that make you happy and bring a fair degree of social success, you need to learn to be happy with who you are. it sounds like in 46 years you haven't made time to accept who you are and what you want from life. I highly suggest sitting down with something you're comfortable with --by that I mean an intoxicating agent of your choice-- and get introspective. Once you have a goal in mind and you can visualize what your happiness looks like, you can have a better idea of how to get there.

I've been known to imbibe as much as the next person, but encouraging a severely depressed person to start experimenting with drugs is slightly irresponsible. If he was already a stoner, I'd say keep it up. But 46 and suicidal is hardly the point to start playing with such stuff. I appreciate the spirit of positive action however.

Your other point about getting a hot bitchy (read expensive) girlfriend is pretty spot on. However he doesn't have a lot of money. I know many women who could suck start a leaf blower and happily change my diapers for a Gucci purse once a month, some nice diamond earrings and being allowed to drive the M5. In response to that I simply say..cool isn't it :)

You need $$ though. I recommend taking the plunge and getting a new decent job that pays more. It never hurts in the female dept.

the advice i have is prolly gonna sound a bit sappy and wishy washy.......but i've seen it...i've been it......and i believe in it 100%.........

what i truely believe with my whole heart is that every person is on this earth has something to give...it may be thoughts...ideas...art...friendship...a listening ear...or a loving heart....and when a person is able to give this away to others...it becomes easier to love themself......

before anyone can love you....you must find yourself lovable....you've listed all the negative things about yourself and your life.........my challenge to you.........now list here of your positives.......the reasons another person would find you worth while......

also listen to paradox ....... when one finds themself weak of body.......one sees a physician........when one finds themself weak of mind......one see a therapist......and if they cannot build a rapport with the first one ....they don't settle...they seek until they find one they can build a rapport with........your mental health is not something you cut corners on......

finally......don't sit and wait for "to" go away..........take action!.......You have the resource of the internet in front of you.....research......then move to improve upon your situation..........

There is much information out there about the brain and how and what makes it work and function better........seek answers........don't waste time.......

i was personally diagnosed at about age 40 with Adult Attention Deficit Syndrome..........i know way more about my brain now then i did 5 years ago.......and i know what it takes to keep me positive and moving forward.........and i've learned that i cannot wait for things to happen to me.........i must make them happen for myself.......

while i found much of what tris said about "girls" made my eyes roll.........i totally agree with his statement Once you have a goal in mind and you can visualize what your happiness looks like, you can have a better idea of how to get there. ........i haven't read The Secret

By Rhonda Byrne

yet......but believe that many have been impacted by it.....and from what i gather......this statement is similiar to what it says............ perhaps it would be a good read for you.......

I don't feel that diapers have anything to do with your mental illness at all. Yes you are happy to wear them and they make you feel good, but even when you have them on, you still suffer from your illness. If you enjoyed eating ice cream and every time you had ice cream, you had a few moment of pleasure, would you be asking the same question about ice cream?

Having explored other DL’s & AB’s online for 13 years and meeting with face to face I thought this might be a good question to bring to this forum. I’ve found that my experiences from childhood to adult hood are very common with others. So the dark side of life for those who are also suffering too might be having these feelings.

I don’t want you to thing I just want to get sympathy or a shoulder to cry on, I’m hoping to learn something about myself through others.

I’ve been dealing with depression and suicide thoughts for over 15 years. The depression comes and goes but is always an underline issue. If you meet me you wouldn’t think this since I have an outgoing personality yet this mask I wear doesn’t help too much since no one seems to really like me. The suicide thoughts come and go too. Years ago the thoughts of suicide were more an emotional response where now it’s more something I feel will happen in the future and not be a reaction to severe depression but to the doom of reality.

I’m 46, I know that in the coming years, maybe 5 to 20 years from now, things will be bad with finances, family and health to be specific. I’ve never been married or even past a 3rd date and I’ve gone out with only about 8 women in my whole life. I’m a loner and yes, a loser! Problems with my immediate family keep on getting worse. I can’t find a job that I’ll stick with. I complain too much and basically I feel that my personality seems to be an acid personality and I believe that I’m ugly.

I see the option of suicide as the emergency handle on a train. I’m a passenger on a train and I visualize the emergency handle and although I know I can’t just pull it at anytime I know it’s there and when it gets unmanageable I will get up and pull it.

I wear diapers every night, I have over the years diaper trained myself to the point where I wet my diaper every night. On the weekends I’m in diapers about 90% of the time. During the rest of the time I’m in a trim diaper {Depends Velcro shields}.

Even though I wake up in the morning depressed over the idea retuning to a job that I despise, I look at and feel my wet diaper and find that this is what really brings me any happiness! I think if I kill myself that this is what I will miss {I’ll be dead and won’t be missing anything though.}

Currently I’m not going to a therapist, the cost is too much. The first therapist I went to, I got up the courage to tell her one day about diapers, she didn’t freak out but never brought it up again. I never mentioned it to the second therapist who I went to for 5 years or to the other 2 more recent ones. When I go back to a therapist it will be obvious that I need to make it on top of the list.

So the main question is this, diapers seem to be the only real thing that brings me happiness. But could it be that the diapers are part of the problem or does it just seem to be that way since it’s something that need to be kept private and feared if found out by others?

Or maybe the diaper fetish is innocent and has nothing to do with my problems and yes I’m lucky, I have something to bring some happiness?

on the drug suggestions .. i dunno where u live but there are a few states where they have a peyote church of god .. those are supervised spiritual journeys that will help with the behavioral issue of depression ( the part where ur think ur not fit for this planet and have nothing to do and offer etc )

then you could always visit Oaxaca, Mexico and have a shaman guide you with mushrooms and Salvia Divinorum. those are also very good for enlightment.

however, i wouldnt suggest you pick up any habits, nor to do any of those alone .. what i suggested here are not for habitual use anyway, they are tools for enlightment that have been used for millenias in america.

there are 2 types of depressions : those that are caused by a shitty life (behavioral) and those that are caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain. the first one is most definately curable with a newfound purpose, any way you find it. the second one requires a psychiatrist.

find ways to find yourself or go to a doctor is pretty much the 2 sides of what you read on this thread. pick one

Lord of Karma is right, But its all about the means to the end. And you will find that the "means" is the journey you take to get to your happiness. You can be like everyone else in LA, who's so dependent upon their therapist that they're willing to shell out the bucks and be trendy doing it, but do you ever see them happy? Not often. It's the journey that you take, both in the outside world, and inside your head that brings you happiness. The Journey is the means, and the journey is the work. The happiness and content is your reward, your end.

As far as the seeking of a good psychiatrist goes, that is spot on. The use of drugs and alcohol when depressed though, can lead to much larger problems. I took the route of drowning what was upsetting me with Jack and beer. The next morning I woke up in the ER, hands and feet restrained, and on suicide watch. If you do take the route of alcohol to figure out where you should be, it can, and often does unleash a worse demon than is already running lose.

The best thing for you to do is get professional help and be totally honest with them.

I wish you luck in life.

Phil, this board is great for talking about diapers and diaper wearing but we are not medical professionals and even if there are medical professionals on the board, they would know better than to make diagnoses or suggest treatments without seeing you in person. Please look for a psychiatrist that you feel comfortable talking to. Your life is worth the cost, believe me.

As for the advice offered so far, please do NOT self-medicate with marijuana or any other drug. Those drugs can be extremely dangerous to someone suffering from depression. And finding a girl to hang off your arm is not going to cure depression. You cannot maintain a relationship when you are seriously ill with depression. As Jenniebear pointed out, you need to learn to love yourself and accept yourself first. YOU need to be your main priority right now -- not a relationship. Right now you can only see your flaws, but that's just the "blinders" depression puts on you. And please, if you feel suicidal thoughts coming on, go directly to the hospital emergency ward.

Recovering from a serious depression is not an easy thing but at least give yourself the best shot at it by seeing a qualified therapist. If you feel the diaper-wearing is an important part of your problem then mention it to the doctor. They're not mind-readers, so you must tell them what's on your mind and if they seem to dismiss it, bring it up again. And if the doctor isn't working out for you, find another one. Your health is important enough to shop around for the best one.

Best of luck to you.

I don't think I can add anything to jenniebear, DiaperSoSoftly and Pipsqueak's sound advice.

(You won't find any answers at the bottom of a bottle or a bong, you'll only find more problems, in my opinion and experience)

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a tough time Phil. I hope you get the help you seek and I wish you well.

Dolly

Whatever you do, don't take tris or LordofKarma's advice. Drugs of any sort won't solve your depression. If you can't afford professional help, go speak to a Priest or Rabbi or Minister or whatever. It may take a couple tries to find one that won't be overly judgmental, but they should be helpful.

Whatever you do, don't take tris or LordofKarma's advice. Drugs of any sort won't solve your depression. If you can't afford professional help, go speak to a Priest or Rabbi or Minister or whatever. It may take a couple tries to find one that won't be overly judgmental, but they should be helpful.

When I was a teenager, I suffered tremendously with mental depression,self-conciousness,and very low self-esteem and when I did drink to drown the problems, they became extremely magnified to the point where I was wanting also to kill myself but it was my faith in God that kept me believing in that light at the end of the tunnel. I also smoked the weed and that made me even more parinoid in which made my condition worse. When I was seeing my therapist he prescribed me some drugs that also made me even more depressed. The drugs helped me physically relax but affected me mentally in a more negative way. DONT EXPERIMENT WITH DRUGS OR ALCOHOL. Believe me I've been there, done it, and barely made it back. Get a good therapist in which you feel comfortable with and try getting into a martial art or yoga. I did it for yrs. and it really helped me to vent all of that negative energy inside me and started to get self esteem in which will help you with relations with other people. Like it was mentioned here, once you feel good about yourself, then others will feel good about you. I hope that I've been a help to you in some way. The best of luck.

Get yourself a hot bitchy girlfriend, all surface and no depth, to help you cope with your depression?!! Yeah, and if you want a tender cuddle, cradle a rattlesnake. Do you folks really think that some numb-minded chick obsessed with the latest trend, money hungry and greedy, will have the capacity of just one ounce of loving understanding of what living with a depressed individual entails? :badmood: You could just as well get yourself a window display mannequin. I know you both mean it well, but speaking as an individual that suffers from depression, anxiety and suicidal thoughts( since I was 15 years old ), this kind of advice, is at best ill-advice, and not very thought through. When you suffer from depression, you are in an extremely vonourable state of mind, and your partner really needs to be of an entirely different constitution than your average drooling-over-a-Gucci-purse-kind. Trust me, PhilDL, the last thing you need is some shallow whore trying to bleed you dry. It will only lead to a definite worsening of your depression.

That being said, the best thing might be to try and get some form of help with your depression and suicidal thoughts, before venturing into a relationship. But then again, meeting someone loving and understanding on beforehand( And in order to possess these qualities, some depth to ones character is essential, thereby excluding the aforementioned ornament-faces), to help you on your way is pure gold as well. Either way, wish you good luck on your journey through the tunnel. Take care. :) And by the way, it seems to me that the diapers really aren`t part of the problem, as you say, you experience a certain degree of happiness when wearing them, so cherish that fact.

Since everyone's given their two cents to push him in opposite directions and the original poster hasn't returned, is it safer to tell him to just up and do it?? I mean, really, what's the harm?

Supposing this gentleman takes my advice and votes himself off the island tomorrow --what can we expect in the aftermath? (Don't even try to tell me I'm attempting to justify something that cannot be justified) In Japanese culture, they have Hari-kari. Their culture has contributed a great many things to the advancement of mankind; their centuries of survival are not to be discounted. When an individual is dishonoring his family and friends by failing to meet their expectations in any major aspect, they are no longer worthy of the resources needed for human survival. Therefore, it is only fitting that they sacrifice themselves in order to free up said resources for those that deserve them. It's piss or get off the pot.

This man makes a claim of withering health and finances --Both affect his ability to exist in our world. If his health does not permit him to contribute effectively, he will not collect the monetary means necessary for survival. This is a drain on resources for everyone in our society. Resources that could be better directed to those who possess the motivation to contribute to the collective survival. Without survival of the masses, there is no society. Without survival of the society, man is reversing evolution, thrusting him back into the status of animal, where cognition is no longer a requirement to exist.

"The defenders of man's soul were concerned with his feelings, and the defender's of man's body were concerned with his stomach --and both were united against his mind." --excerpted from the works of John Galt. The man of force survives, but does not receive happiness and enlightenment. The man of faith receives happiness and enlightenment, but, contributing nothing tangible to his collective society, does not survive. The delicate balance of survival and happiness depend on the intellectual's ability to manipulate his mind and his surroundings to his own satisfaction. If one no longer possesses the motivation to do so, then they are useless to the furthering of the greatest and most complex species.

B)

He thinks things are going to get worse in 5-20 years, a self-fulfilling prophecy. He's 46, single, and believes himself to be a loser and a loner. Pretending that we all care about him doesn't do him any good --anyone want to volunteer themselves or someone they know to be that "shallow whore" to at least put out before they "bleed him dry"? I merely asked him to alter his brain chemicals through different experiences in order to gain a new outlook on life. And to be blunt, sometimes all it takes is to get your dick wet. (Sex is like any other drug when it comes to endorphins and the brain!) The resources used to get what you need to survive AND experience some semblance of happiness are no longer a part of the equation. Ignorance truly is bliss.

Misery begets more misery and the cycle of depression is neverending. It seems selfish of us to ask him to continue his quest to survive in this world in a situation that he's not satisfied with when none of us personally are going to step into his life and make a difference. Mental illness DOES affect everyone else -- and if you're narcissistic enough, you have the potential to bring everyone else down with you --that is to say, you've forced everyone else to focus on the things in life that suck. No jobs, no money, no sex = No happiness. That's an absolute in this modern materialistic world. The things we attain in life through hard work and dedication to our survival bring only a minute level of happiness.

I can't really pick a side. Neither can any of you, and I doubt he will, either. So from where I stand, we're back to where we started. <_<

well tris gee maybe because the rest of us are human beings ant not nihilistic sociopaths so we care about our fellow man. Some of us have been through this shit, some of us have known people who have gone through it. and considering that drugs, especially pot and booze one being a hallucenajen and the other being a depressent wouldnt be the best freaking idea to consumed when you got some bad shit going on in your head. Dont speak like a post modern nihilist who has just finished his first under division course for his philosophy major, you sound like a retard. Congraulations though on not picking a side you have just shown why society is so screwed up and filled with semantic blockage in the first place. ever thought for one second the reason we dont let the dying die is because as a society we have evolved beyond the need to do so. we are not a centipede with a broken leg where everything has to be moving in mechanical unison. your thoughts on this are terribly flawed and just outright wrong you need to go read more.

some advice i have gotten from the wisest person i know, my grandfather who has lived and seen alot...is if you think negitive...negitive things are gonna happen...once you get a negitive thought more are bound to come. If you think positive...positive things will start happening. You really just have to take one day at a time...and let things happen...but you have to want to make things better. There is a saying that there is someone out there for everyone...and i really believe that! Some just take more time than others to find that person for them...Its never too late to improve yourself! you hear about stories all the time about 90 year old people getting college degrees. If you want to improve yourself...you have to be active and do something that will make you happy. If you like computers...go to school and get a degree in that. Its funny just how things start to fall in place if you give them a chance to. Suicide should never be an opption. Youll be ok if you let yourself be ok.

I knew SOMEONE would bite. . . *giggles*

paradox |ˈparəˌdäks| noun

a statement or proposition that, despite sound (or apparently sound) reasoning from acceptable premises, leads to a conclusion that seems senseless, logically unacceptable, or self-contradictory :

First, I refuse to have a battle of wit with someone who refuses to use paragraphs and coherent statements. If you are going to use the internet to discuss big boy things, then you can learn to use the keyboard like a big boy, too. I can interpret what you're attempting to say, but somehow I get the impression I'm not the only retard. :o

Second, I don't study. I've never attended a university. (Wait, do the parties count?) In fact, I graduated from an alternative public high school. I don't read, either. (I can, I just don't actively do so) Don't think you can insult my opinions or intelligence --especially when I presented both sides of the table-- strictly because you feel the need to "save" one person. It doesn't make you look like a hero.

"Pot and Booze" are both depressants. Marijuana is NOT a hallucinogenic substance --even in high concentrations-- despite what you may have seen in Eurotrip. In fact, ganga is/has been promoted by medical professionals all over the globe to alleviate many human ailments, including depression. There is only our American legislation (and those who blindly support it) standing in the way of its theraputic properties.

TetraHydroCannibinol (THC) has healing powers on the molecular level, allowing it to repair cells. Its metabolic waste, however, remains in the organism; the meeans of its introduction to a system are responsible for this. (Carcinogens, etc.)

I daresay alcohol is more hallucinogenic than marijuana based on the number of less-than-attractive males and females producing illegitimate children in its wake. They call it "Passion". I call it BeerGoggles. Its myriad effects are well known; most notably, impulsiveness, anger, and incoherency. (what did YOU have to drink today?)

Congraulations though on not picking a side you have just shown why society is so screwed up and filled with semantic blockage in the first place. ever thought for one second the reason we dont let the dying die is because as a society we have evolved beyond the need to do so.

Too bad they don't make a diaper for your mouth. It needs one. But I'll try to make sense of what you want to say.

I wrote the reply as two posts --the first where I gave him advice on how to cope in his environment AND perhaps find himself. The second is from an objectivist standpoint. I am NOT a sociopath, and I have the documentation to prove it.

As far as your claim of having, ". . evolved beyond the need to do so. (dying). . " --That's bunk, and I thought I made that very clear. As humans, we are carbon-based lifeforms who do indeed have a shelf-life; we get ONE shot at this particular existence. Then we . . um, how do you say . . ? Ah Yes, DIE. There isn't a single Earth-native species that regenerates its cells automatically and independently once it has reached the end of its finite chronological span. Remember, evolution is a study closely intertwined with genetics. Without organisms that have a genetic code, there can be no evolution of the organism. Ours happen to be extremely complex, with exponential possibilities, though they have not yet acheived (on the molecular level) the ability to infinitely regenerate themselves. (that we know of)

Oh, you meant suicide? Well, about that. . . Yeah, suicide is a complex thought process with the aim of being the common solution to the neverending battle between survival and happiness. No other species of mammals can deliberately cause their own demise.

Every organism that can interact and be affected by other organisms has at least two properties to its existence: Sensations and Perceptions. The third capability, that only humans possess, makes us man: Conception. Sensations are interpreted by the brain and are automatically interpreted into perceptions. It is by the process of abstraction that we arrive at conception. To make it short, we have a name for it: Thought. Man alone has the ability to sustain it and be responsible for its consequences in his consciousness.

An animal functions automatically; it perceives it has the ability to perceive and it survives, however limited. Man does not survive on a perceptual level, our senses do not provide us with automatic guidance --only the FORM of knowledge from sensations. It is through thought (consciousness) that we integrate this knowledge into a conception we know as Reality.

Reality is the mixture of sensations, perceptions, and conceptions of our consciousness.

In this case, Reality is the side-effect of survival vs. happiness. We experience thoughts of our perception of reality both collectively and individually.

a statement or proposition that, despite sound (or apparently sound) reasoning from acceptable premises, leads to a conclusion that seems senseless, logically unacceptable, or self-contradictory :

First, I refuse to have a battle of wit with someone who refuses to use paragraphs and coherent statements. If you are going to use the internet to discuss big boy things, then you can learn to use the keyboard like a big boy, too. I can interpret what you're attempting to say, but somehow I get the impression I'm not the only retard. :o

Second, I don't study. I've never attended a university. (Wait, do the parties count?) In fact, I graduated from an alternative public high school. I don't read, either. (I can, I just don't actively do so) Don't think you can insult my opinions or intelligence --especially when I presented both sides of the table-- strictly because you feel the need to "save" one person. It doesn't make you look like a hero.

"Pot and Booze" are both depressants. Marijuana is NOT a hallucinogenic substance --even in high concentrations-- despite what you may have seen in Eurotrip. In fact, ganga is/has been promoted by medical professionals all over the globe to alleviate many human ailments, including depression. There is only our American legislation (and those who blindly support it) standing in the way of its theraputic properties.

TetraHydroCannibinol (THC) has healing powers on the molecular level, allowing it to repair cells. Its metabolic waste, however, remains in the organism; the meeans of its introduction to a system are responsible for this. (Carcinogens, etc.)

I daresay alcohol is more hallucinogenic than marijuana based on the number of less-than-attractive males and females producing illegitimate children in its wake. They call it "Passion". I call it BeerGoggles. Its myriad effects are well known; most notably, impulsiveness, anger, and incoherency. (what did YOU have to drink today?)

Congraulations though on not picking a side you have just shown why society is so screwed up and filled with semantic blockage in the first place. ever thought for one second the reason we dont let the dying die is because as a society we have evolved beyond the need to do so.

Too bad they don't make a diaper for your mouth. It needs one. But I'll try to make sense of what you want to say.

I wrote the reply as two posts --the first where I gave him advice on how to cope in his environment AND perhaps find himself. The second is from an objectivist standpoint. I am NOT a sociopath, and I have the documentation to prove it.

As far as your claim of having, ". . evolved beyond the need to do so. (dying). . " --That's bunk, and I thought I made that very clear. As humans, we are carbon-based lifeforms who do indeed have a shelf-life; we get ONE shot at this particular existence. Then we . . um, how do you say . . ? Ah Yes, DIE. There isn't a single Earth-native species that regenerates its cells automatically and independently once it has reached the end of its finite chronological span. Remember, evolution is a study closely intertwined with genetics. Without organisms that have a genetic code, there can be no evolution of the organism. Ours happen to be extremely complex, with exponential possibilities, though they have not yet acheived (on the molecular level) the ability to infinitely regenerate themselves. (that we know of)

Oh, you meant suicide? Well, about that. . . Yeah, suicide is a complex thought process with the aim of being the common solution to the neverending battle between survival and happiness. No other species of mammals can deliberately cause their own demise.

Every organism that can interact and be affected by other organisms has at least two properties to its existence: Sensations and Perceptions. The third capability, that only humans possess, makes us man: Conception. Sensations are interpreted by the brain and are automatically interpreted into perceptions. It is by the process of abstraction that we arrive at conception. To make it short, we have a name for it: Thought. Man alone has the ability to sustain it and be responsible for its consequences in his consciousness.

An animal functions automatically; it perceives it has the ability to perceive and it survives, however limited. Man does not survive on a perceptual level, our senses do not provide us with automatic guidance --only the FORM of knowledge from sensations. It is through thought (consciousness) that we integrate this knowledge into a conception we know as Reality.

Reality is the mixture of sensations, perceptions, and conceptions of our consciousness.

In this case, Reality is the side-effect of survival vs. happiness. We experience thoughts of our perception of reality both collectively and individually. Man can survive without happiness, but, without happiness, he doesn't flourish. And when he fails to flourish, his evolution is in danger.

It is not that I support doing what he says he wants to do. But I am saying I UNDERSTAND his motives, on the most basic level.

Doctor: Why would you want to end your life now? Things can't be any worse now than they will be later.

Cecilia: Obviously doctor, you've never been a 13 year old girl.

In this case, Reality is the side-effect of survival vs. happiness. We experience thoughts of our perception of reality both collectively and individually. Man can survive without happiness, but, without happiness, he doesn't flourish. And when he fails to flourish, his evolution is in danger.

It is not that I support doing what he says he wants to do. But I am saying I UNDERSTAND his motives, on the most basic level.

Doctor: Why would you want to end your life now? Things can't be any worse now than they will be later.

Cecilia: Obviously doctor, you've never been a 13 year old girl.

Oh so smug and self-satisfied, you clearly felt a compulsion to post that diatribe in duplicate!

"They gazed and stared and still the wonder grew, that one small head could carry all he knew."

At 22, I just hope someone gives you a job while you still know it all.

D <_< lly

Oh so smug and self-satisfied, you clearly felt a compulsion to post that diatribe in duplicate!

"They gazed and stared and still the wonder grew, that one small head could carry all he knew."

At 22, I just hope someone gives you a job while you still know it all.

D <_< lly

:roflmao:

Such thought and wisdom, I don't agree or disagree Dolly. I must say for someone who didn't attend college, he's quite (miss) informed. I looked at the whole thing and all I could think of is hmmm... why do whales beach themselves, even after we put them back in the water, they come back. I never researched it, but have seen many documentarys, they seem to think because they know they will die. :huh: Oh well it takes all kinds B)

I would rather deal with someone with a mind than one without. (that was not aimed toward this post or anyone in particular) :P

Hey! Dolly! Same Team! Don't shoot!

I'm a very smart boy, yes, but I don't claim to know everything. I merely attempt to shed light on the dynamic, yet predictable human mind. What I'd like to shed light on now is how you delete a double-post. All my other boards can do that, what's wrong with this one?

Ego is not a bad thing. It's based on everything I explained previously.

Everyone has these feelings at some point. Every single human capable of emotion has contemplated suicide at least once. The difference is in the adaptation technique of the individual. A man of force does what is necessary for his survival. A man of faith feels bound by morals that, in his mind, supersede his need to survive. I only wish to ask which man one wants to be. It's a relatively straightforward question.

I'll leave this one be, but you'll see me tearing it up in another thread, another time, on another topic.

*giggles* Right now I hafta go get my diaper changed before my nap. Cuz while we may disagree on many things, we can all agree on one thing: We like diapers.

Oh, and does Dolly always speak in rhyme?