LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Who has used TREST diapers?

I've been thinking of trying a package and want the opinions of people who have actually used them.  I plan on a trip this fall and will be driving probably a good 10 to 12 hours before stopping for the night with a side trip to a museum for a couple hours about 5 to 6 hours into my trip.  I'll be wearing Garywear waterproof pants over my diaper just to be sure, but what I'm interested in from people who have actually used these diapers several times is:

1.  How long can you wear and wet these diapers while just sitting before they leak, like a very long car ride?

2.  How long can you wear while walking around, such as on a tour or visiting a museum or other attraction before having any leaks or problems?

3.  How much to they swell up in front after many hours, and how noticeable is it under jeans or shorts?

4.  Does the back of the diaper get wet or swell up before the front gets so swollen you have to change?

5.  How high up to they fit in the front and especially the back compared to, say, Betterdry?

6.  How noisy are they under pants?

7.  How comfortable are they to wear compared to, say Betterdry or Abena?

8.  Any other comments pro and con would be appreciated.

This is a link to a testing of these diapers.  https://blog.diapermetrics.com/2023/02/trest-elite-briefs-adult-diaper-review.html  What I get out of it is the practical absorbency is in the 3000 ML range due to most of the urine tending to absorb in the crotch, lock itself in and then slowly migrate to the front of the diaper due to damming effects, and eventually absorb into the front wings before it even goes towards the back of the diaper.  Watching the video they tested this diaper with about 8 ounces of liquid in the crotch 14 different times with a heavy weight in the crotch for 10 minutes after each test.  In the end the diaper was soaked front to back with about 1 gallon of liquid and a heavy press out test when the wet diaper was folded on the table resulted in leaks.  That is not at all practical.  9500ML equals about 320 ounces.  One gallon equals 120 ounces, so I am very dubious about the 9500ML claims based on the tests done at the website I provided the link for.

Figuring just about all diapers would work out the same in these types of tests, I'd say a Betterdry with a capacity of around 5500ML might technically rate at 180 ounces.  Based on the Trest test where 9500ML equals 320 ounces but the Trest tests seem to give it an actual absorption of 120 ounces and a practical absorption for a wearer in real life of, I'd say less than 90 ounces, probably closer to about 64 ounces or half a gallon.   Relatively speaking, that would make the Betterdry that are my go to premium diapers have an actual absorbency in a test like the Trest one of around 85 ounces and a practical amount for a wearer of around 45 ounces.  I can usually go around 8 hours in a Betterdry, give or take an hour depending on how much I'm wetting, so with a Trest rating about 35% higher in capacity I should technically be able to get 12+ hours before having to change, even if it swells up so it looks like I have a basketball in my pants.  I also see the testing done was a full 8 ounces flooding each time as opposed to letting out small amounts every 15 minutes or so. 

I may be a good 40 minutes to over an hour from my hotel room on some of my planned sightseeing days and therefore it's not easy to just drop by the room for a few minutes to change a diaper when needed.  I'd like a diaper I can easily go 12 hours in (with waterproof pants just in case) without having to change while out touring the sites so I'm hoping members here who have used Trest diapers can answer my above questions and give me their opinions.  Also, before anyone recommends Mega Max, I tried them and they are not a diaper I care for, so please don't go there. 

Assuming normal liquid consumption. 

1. They should last easily for an all day car ride.

2. For quite a while as long as it's not the end of the day.

3. Lots. You will definitely notice it. Someone checking out your crotch, probably. The casual citizen, probably not unless your wearing tight or stretch pants.

5, 7. I can't compare it to either of those, because it's been years since I wore either.

6. No more so than other similarly backed diapers.

8. I honestly didn't find them worth the extra cost compared to Northshore MegaMax. 

I've also done long car trips diapered and found it just as easy to wear a thinner diaper and change when getting gas. And I like wet diapers!

@ValentinesStuff,  #6, are they quiet like a Crinklz diaper or louder like a Rearz diaper. 

@rusty pinsas far as them swelling,  any diaper that holds that much fluid is definitely going to swell up beyond being noticeable.  Consider how many fluid ounces you are expecting a diaper to hold and then relate that to 12 oz. water bottles in your pants. Liquid is not compressible,  so the diaper is definitely going to swell up at least as big as a comparable amount of water.

One thing about driving a long distance,  you'll probably not be consuming as much fluid as it you were sitting at home. At least that's my experience.  So a diaper may last you longer. 

33 minutes ago, Spanky said:

@ValentinesStuff,  #6, are they quiet like a Crinklz diaper or louder like a Rearz diaper. 

@rusty pinsas far as them swelling,  any diaper that holds that much fluid is definitely going to swell up beyond being noticeable.  Consider how many fluid ounces you are expecting a diaper to hold and then relate that to 12 oz. water bottles in your pants. Liquid is not compressible,  so the diaper is definitely going to swell up at least as big as a comparable amount of water.

One thing about driving a long distance,  you'll probably not be consuming as much fluid as it you were sitting at home. At least that's my experience.  So a diaper may last you longer. 

I figured it would swell more than my Betterdry diapers.  Last time I took a solo vacation was two summers ago, it was very hot and humid!  It was a 4-12 hour drive to my destination and I was drinking water and soda in the car.  Even when I was at my first destination, an outside museum,  I was drinking a lot of water, but I was probably sweating a lot too.  This will be a much longer car trip with a planned (so far) stop at about 5 hours to go to the Dayton Air Museum.  I hope it's not as hot and humid as two years ago but I do expect to be wetting my diaper quite a lot!  I never tried TREST diapers and I can splurge for one package for my trip, I just want to make sure from others they are super absorbent and fit well and come up fairly high in the back.  The Beyond XP5000 diapers fall short in that area (pun intended).  How are the tapes?

I've got 2 packs of them (one white, one blue).   First, they are substantially thicker than most other products out there.  I get XL and the cut/fit is very much like a Bambino of the same size.  Or NRU (at least with the Little Rascals), or Rearz, or ABU (Little Paws/Space) - all in XL of course.   In my barely scientific testing of about a year ago - I measured thickness on samples of just about everything I had on hand.  Only the Tykables "Ultra" products actually seemed to measure up slightly thicker than the Trest. 

Given that thickness, wearing pants over them (like jeans that can be quite unfriendly to wearing diapers) will make wetting while sitting (especially in a car) potentially difficult. I haven't tried that yet. When wearing at home, I would have on either sweat pants or one of my All-In-One onesies (I'm so sad they're gone!). If I ever go out and about wearing a diaper, it's something on the lower-end like an Abriform L4 or regular Bambino Bianco. 

1. I've gone 15+ hours without filling to capacity, but that's combination of watching TV from the couch and lying in bed. 
  2. Never done this so cant say.
  3. They do swell up substantially.  I think it would be quite noticeable after 5-6 hours.  I personally think they'd be noticeable even when dry under jeans unless they're really loose fitting jeans.  As stated above, I consider jeans diaper unfriendly (though it's primarily what I wear too).  That seam right down the crotch just crushes the diaper in all the wrong ways!  
  4. I've never had the back get wet - even after that 15+ hour duration.  That's one of my issues with these "mega" capacity products.  They DO NOT WICK appropriately.
  5. As said, the cut is a lot like Bambino (Bianco/Bellisimo/Cloudee).  So that means a slightly longer end-to-end length which means it does come up a bit higher on the waist front and back (again comparing XL to XL).  I actually prefer that and is one of those things about BetterDry/Crinklz XL that bothered me (only 1CM longer than L).  I really need to get back to that measurement database I had started on.
  6. Under sweat pants -- yeah kinda.  But I don't know about jeans since I haven't tried that.  But the plastic is very similar to other brands and is definitely noisier than BetterDry/Crinklz. 
  7. Quite comfortable, but another issue I have with the mega capacity products is as the crotch starts to swell up it pulls the waist down and makes it feel like it's falling off all the time.   It's not just Trest, so can't necessarily blame them.  I get it with NRU, Tykables, the newer Rearz stuff too.
  8. All I can say here is that you'll have to get a sample if you really want to try them out.  I know that's a bit expensive to pay so much for just 2 of them, but Changing times has them for $10 for a pack of 2 (but that's before shipping).  They're $12.99/2 from Amazon or direct from the trest web site (trestcare.com)

I was going to suggest the NRU Str8UP as a cheaper alternative - but they're actually more expensive, and in usual Tykables fashion, not in stock anyway. 

• Like 1

So other than the price, I like Trest a lot.

I have worn one for 16 hours of pretty heavy wetting with no leaks

They are some of the more comfortable diapers I have worn and I think they are more comfortable than a Megamax

I would say that I have gotten more pee into a Trest than a Megamax before leaking, but that is just by estimation of course. 

Yes they swell up quite a bit when you wear them that long

For it to be comfortable on a long car ride like that I would definitely wear sweat pants or something that will allow the diaper to expand freely

I have never had issues with the tapes or any other part of the diapers.

I haven’t tried the Trest but before you stop reading, I did research capacity and range quite a bit early on in my journey and learned some stuff.

The manufacturer diaper absorbency rating you read is meaningless in real world conditions.  Being squished on car seats/chairs/walking around and subjected to periodic deluges, expect around 1/3 of that capacity at best.  Thusly, your 180oz/5500ml BetterDry winds up with an effective payload of closer to 60oz/1800ml.  On the right day, you might stretch this to 2200ml/73oz although even this would probably require high frequency/low volume voiding (which, after years of constant diapering becomes the norm anyway).

Unfortunately for me, sitting down driving is kind of a worst-case scenario for diapers.

When I get to ultra-high-capacity diapers (and this is the relevance to your Trest question), additional limits on performance come into play, usually a result of damming and poor wicking as you suggest.  On my muscle-nappies (in my case, Critter Caboose/Mermaid Tales), usable capacity sinks to around ¼ of the manufacturer claim.  I’ve found that this can be slightly improved by using a bamboo diaper liner to make wicking work better IF you can get that liner to remain in place but that’s a PITA.

Although the incompressibility of fluid is an immutable law of physics, some diapers do spread that volume better than others.   BetterDry as you observe do not.  As great as they are, you can wind up looking like you have a dead chicken stuffed down your crotch at the end of the day.

My HUNCH is that this has something to do with the pulp/SAP ratio but that’s not science.

I’ve noticed that my Rearz Incontrol Elite Hybrid (“Barry” for short) do a better job of disguising 12 hours of output and I’ve relegated the BetterDry to night in favour of those.  You might try one of those.

A light compression pant over my plastic pants also helps me a lot with visual discretion.

Generally however, my experience aligns with that of the group in that those “super-diapers” don’t go anywhere near their claims.

• Like 1

I tried the trest out this weekend for an upcoming 12 hour flight I will be taking.  It seems to be more absorbent and very comfortable compared to other diapers I have tried.  It still probably won’t last the whole 12 hours though as I tend to drink a lot due to dehydration and it still goes right through me.  I will start another post to see if people might have any other suggestions on what I should try.

• Like 1

I guess I will find out.  I just ordered a package but since Amazon is TREST's fulfillment, I had to go through them.  Same price, it's just that I couldn't have them shipped Fed-Ex to my usual pick up.  I did find an Amazon Hub Counter pick up place about 4 miles from home and had them shipped there.  Don't want anyone at home questioning what's in the package left on the porch!  I may get a chance before my trip to test one for about 12 to 15 hours but I doubt it.  I may just have to wait for my trip and trust Trest.

I've also been looking for a couple plain t-shirt style onesies and just ordered two from Amazon.  The last ones I got were from Paddedbums and the shirt part didn't really come low enough to stay tucked in very well on the sides.  They are also just cotton.  What I found on Amazon is actually made of cotton and spandex so it will stretch and the shirt part comes down lower so it should cover my diaper better.  Only 3 snaps instead of 5 but with shipping the cost is just about the same or less than the ones I got from Paddedbums a couple years ago.  That should give me enough onesies to last my trip this August.

Just got an email my TREST diapers are at the Amazon Hub for pick up!  They are early and weren't supposed to get here until Sunday.  Nice that I can pick them up tomorrow on the way home from work.  Now I just have to wait another week or more for my onesies.

• 4 weeks later...

Today is the first time I've had off with the house to myself so I gave the TREST diaper a good test.  I put it on shortly after midnight and around 7am I went into the forums and chat until 8:30am.  The Trest diaper was very wet and squishy and the crotch was huge!  I had to slide it off for about 2-1/2 hours but I slid it back on at 11am.    Around noon it started leaking out the right side crotch and leg area and got my onesie wet.  9 hours for what is supposed to be the most absorbent disposable diaper.  I was wetting a lot, but I was hoping for at least 12 hours.  Believe it or not, I'm still wearing it 3 hours later!  That makes 12 hours but I confess I put on a heavy duty pair of waterproof pants over the Trest diaper and snapped my damp onesie back on over it.  It's so heavy that even with the onesie I have to hold it up with my hand.  If I didn't have the onesie on the diaper would be down around my ankles in about 3 steps.

It was a good test and that means either I add a booster pad and plastic pants when I start my vacation trip in 2 months in order to make it to my hotel 12 hours away, or I bite the bullet and change my diaper somewhere along the route.  Since I'm going to 3 museums along the way, I may be able to take a diaper into one of the restrooms and change.  Maybe.  I'm still trying to see if the Diaper Ladies in Fort Wayne Indiana will make a special appointment for me that morning around 10:30am, but I'm sure they wouldn't change my diaper (kidding) and I wouldn't even go there (unless they ask me if I needed changed and offered to do so).

What I am taking from this test is the fact that a TREST diaper does hold a lot and depending on how heavy you wet, it may last for 12 hours or more.  The question is, should it!  While I didn't get leaks until the 9 hour mark, the diaper was extremely heavy and sagging, hard to keep up around my waist even with waterproof overpants and a onesie.  If I was just driving for 12 hours with waterproof pants over the diaper, it might get me by, but getting out and walking around with a diaper that wet and heavy would not be good.  It would be hard to keep it from really sagging with each step I took.  Maybe 12 hours just driving but 6 hours with driving and stopping to walk around a museum, driving some more and stopping again to do another museum really should have a diaper change if I plan on 12 hours plus from the time I leave home until I get to my hotel.  Likewise an amusement park.  The constant walking and rides should mean a diaper change before it gets too wet and heavy.  Bottom line is just because someone can make a 9500 ML capacity diaper doesn't necessarily mean someone should wear it for that long if you can't go about doing the normal things you do on a daily basis without being impeded by a diaper so thick and heavy you can't even keep it up around your waist.

trest 2.jpg

• Like 2

So, @rusty pins, how would you compare the Trest to other premium diapers? Have you worn any other diapers that came close to getting that wet and heavy?

How did your test conditiconditions compare to sitting in a car for several hours?

How  crinkly are they when you walk around?

Lastly,  if you like beer, Troegs brewery is right around the corner from Hershey Park.  It's a definite must stop if you like craft beers  🍻.  It may mean that you'll need an extra diaper change,  though,  LOL.

On 6/18/2023 at 5:20 PM, Spanky said:

So, @rusty pins, how would you compare the Trest to other premium diapers? Have you worn any other diapers that came close to getting that wet and heavy?

How did your test conditiconditions compare to sitting in a car for several hours?

How  crinkly are they when you walk around?

Lastly,  if you like beer, Troegs brewery is right around the corner from Hershey Park.  It's a definite must stop if you like craft beers  🍻.  It may mean that you'll need an extra diaper change,  though,  LOL.

Test conditions were 6 hours in bed to start with, then basically the rest sitting at my computer, going up and down the stairs a few times and sitting in a chair.  At the 9 hour mark I was leaking and couldn't keep the diaper up around my waist without holding it, even with snug fitting waterproof pants and onesie.  It was just way to heavy.  Lots of sitting which I could relate to like driving in a car all day, but around 6 to 7 hours it was heavy and squishy.  Not up to walking around museums for a few hours that wet, heavy and sagging at the 6 to 7 hour mark.  As far as crinkle and noise, couldn't hear anything.  Quiet in my opinion.

I would say TREST is more absorbent than any other diaper I've tried, however going forward I would choose Betterdry instead for a number of reasons.  Cheaper, thick and absorbent and if I'm going to have to change anyway around the 6 to 7 hour mark because the diaper is so heavy, I may as well save a few bucks with a diaper like Betterdry which is just as comfortable.  Brand only makes a difference as to how much it will hold before it starts to leak.  The brand doesn't matter if it leaks at 7 hours or 10 hours if it's already too wet and heavy at 6 or 7 hours to walk around without it drooping, sagging from the weight and having to hold it up with your hand to keep it around your waist.  I've used Beyond XP5000, Betterdry, Molicare and Abena L4.  Betterdry last longest, then XP5000, Abena and Molicare in that order.  The thing is, when it gets to the point it's too heavy to do normal things, it needs to be changed regardless of how much more it can absorb and hold without leaking.  It's the weight that's the main factor, whether it's 7 hours in a Betterdry or 7 hours in a TREST diaper.  7 hours in either diaper may make it heavy and sagging to the point it needs changed in order to be able to go about doing normal things.  Adding another 3 to 4 hours in a TREST diaper may stave off leaks for a while longer but it just keeps adding more and more weight to an already heavy and sagging diaper.  Super absorbency and capacity are one thing but you also have to factor in the weight of the diaper with all the extra urine it will hold.

I have decided to bite the bullet and change diapers rather than try and make a TREST diaper last all day on my first day and especially walking around Hershey Park which is a real test for any diaper.  I already ordered this  https://www.ebay.com/itm/163713031563  from EBAY and it should hold at least a Betterdry if not two along with a pack of wipes and maybe some lotion, plus I'll probably wear plastic pants over the diaper just in case.  Hershey Park has handicap restroom areas and lockers as long as there is no problem bringing the bag into the park at the entrance.  Changing at one of the car museums the first day might be more of a problem if they don't have a privet restroom or won't let me bring the bag in with me.  Otherwise for basically the rest of the trip I'll be close enough to stop by my hotel for a diaper change when needed.  As far as Troegs, craft beers sound interesting but I'm not a beer drinker and never really have been.  Probably wouldn't have time anyway after the park closes as I have over an hour's drive back to Gettysburg.

@rusty pins you can take bags into Hershey park, but they do look through them at the entrance.  Just want to make sure that you know that.  Most parks to inspect bags to make sure no one is sneaking anything bad into the park.