LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Hotel "Fairy Tale"

Hi all, I want to try to write a story and ask you to evaluate it, unfortunately I am not a native English speaker and this may affect the quality of the story.
Well, the story will be more about emotions and you won't find any violent scenes in it. Also please let me know if my English is too bad :)

I'm also publishing this story on Watpad.

Let's begin.

Alex sat in the back seat of the taxi, feeling tired and skeptical about his upcoming vacation. It seemed he had already seen everything the hotel industry could offer and did not expect his anticipation to be surpassed.

He flipped through the pages of the "Fairy Tale" hotel brochure, feeling that the photos were dull and monotonous.

"Where are we headed?" the driver asked, not noticing that Alex was examining the brochure.

"To the 'Fairy Tale Hotel.' Do you know where that is?" Alex replied.

"Of course, I do. It's a lovely hotel where you can relax and enjoy the beauty of the surroundings. Are you on vacation there?" the driver inquired.

"Yes," Alex responded skeptically.

"Great, that's a good choice. I've heard that this hotel has some unique services and programs that guests may enjoy. You can learn more about them when you check in," the driver added.

"Yeah, I've heard something about that," Alex replied without much enthusiasm or desire to continue the conversation.

The hotel brochure was a bright and colorful booklet, featuring images of various room interiors on its pages. Each page showcased cozy rooms decorated in different styles.

The first page showed a Provence-style room where a wooden bed with a richly colored white rug was adorned with floral pillows. The second page described a classic-style room with dark-colored wooden furniture and velvet pillows. The third page featured a modern-style room with minimalist black-and-white furniture harmoniously combined with colorful rugs and bright paintings on the walls. The fourth page introduced an Art Deco-style room with a luxurious bed boasting a tall headboard and lush curtains as the centerpiece.

"Looks like a great hotel, doesn't it?" the driver remarked.

"Yeah, I guess," Alex replied, continuing to study the brochure.

"Well, cheer up, my friend, you're on vacation! Maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised. Who knows what can happen when you find yourself in a place that exceeds your expectations," the driver noted, and Alex felt a slight improvement in his mood.

"Yes, maybe," Alex agreed, but the feeling of indifference towards what was happening returned to him.

Alex continued to examine the brochure with its polished, diverse interiors, until his gaze fell upon a photo that featured an ordinary, at first glance, detail – a baby crib had been set up in one of the hotel rooms. Alex was puzzled because one of the hotel's conditions stated that guests could only stay without children, allowing for a complete relaxation in an atmosphere of peace and quiet, which isn't always possible with children running around the floors and lobby.

For some inexplicable reason, Alex couldn't take his eyes off the photo with the baby crib. His memories delved back into the time when he was carefree and happy. He recalled his toys, his first bike, the first time his mother took him to kindergarten, and how she pitied him when the neighbor's dog scared him. He remembered how he was always surrounded by loving and caring parents, how they spent time together, played together, and learned together. Alex remembered how loved he was and how he trusted his parents, and how they always made time for him and his interests.

But something happened on the way to adulthood. Alex gradually stopped finding pleasure in what he loved to do, he ceased to delight in the little things, and he stopped finding meaning in life. His life became gray and boring, and he didn't know how to reclaim the joy he felt in his childhood.

"What happened to me? How did I become who I am now? How did I lose my childlike joy?" Alex thought as he looked at the photo.

"Anyway, what's the difference, it happens to everyone," Alex told himself, resolutely putting the brochure on the adjacent seat and trying to rid himself of the now tiresome, albeit warm, memories.

He didn't notice the taxi stopping at the hotel entrance. His thoughts were still preoccupied with childhood memories. Alex slowly got out of the taxi and approached the reception desk, where a friendly clerk greeted him.

"Welcome to the 'Fairy Tale Hotel'! I hope your stay with us will be enjoyable and comfortable," the clerk greeted.

"Thank you," Alex replied with a perfunctory phrase, continuing to ponder how to regain his lost joy and enjoy life again.

Alex took the elevator to the top floor of the hotel, where the luxury suites were located. When the elevator doors opened, he found himself in front of a massive wooden door with golden handles and panels. Above the door hung a crystal chandelier that emitted bright light, creating a sense of luxury and refinement.

Alex opened the door and entered the room. Inside, a pleasant atmosphere was created by pastel shades and a harmonious combination of furniture. The room was spacious, with high ceilings and large windows offering a beautiful view of the mountains. The bed was huge and comfortable, upholstered in soft white fabric, and paintings of nature and cityscapes adorned the walls.

Alex walked around the room and noticed all the amenities necessary for a comfortable stay: a minibar, bathrobes and slippers, a TV, an air conditioner, and a small table with cups for tea and coffee. "Well, it seems they really care about their guests," thought Alex, feeling his skepticism giving way to satisfaction.

Meanwhile, his eyes fell on a questionnaire left on the table. He began to fill it out but suddenly noticed a strange question: "What is your most precious childhood memory?" Alex looked at the question, realizing it was unusual for such a form. "No one needs this… not even me," he thought to himself and put a dash.

An hour later, Alex decided it was time to start exploring the hotel. Grabbing the filled-out questionnaire, he headed for the door. He was skeptical about the prospect of relaxing at this hotel but was still curious and wanted to learn more about the place where he would spend the next couple of weeks.

Approaching the reception desk, Alex noticed the friendly clerk, who quickly paid attention to him and politely asked how he could help.

"Why was there such a strange question about childhood in the questionnaire?" Alex inquired.

"That question helps us personalize the service for each guest. We try to learn as much as possible about our guests to ensure their stay with us is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible," the clerk explained.

"I see," Alex agreed, but his skepticism didn't fade.

As he strolled through the hotel, he noticed that he rarely saw other guests. Instead, he constantly encountered hotel staff who quickly helped him find the right place or answered his questions. This seemed strange to him, especially considering the size of the hotel. However, when he asked the clerk at the reception desk about this, the latter explained that it was currently the off-season, and during busier times, the hotel was filled with guests from all over the world.

Alex nodded in understanding but still felt a little bewildered. He continued his walk, carefully examining the hotel's interiors and details, trying to figure out what made this place so special, as described in the promotional brochure.

Despite his skepticism, Alex couldn't help but notice his mood improving due to the surrounding atmosphere of tranquility and peace. Stepping out into the hotel's inner courtyard, he enjoyed the variety of greenery and flowers when he suddenly noticed a little girl playing in the grass with a teddy bear in her arms. Remembering that this hotel didn't accept children, he couldn't help but be surprised by the child's presence. Perhaps she was the daughter of one of the staff members.

Sitting down on a bench, he closed his eyes to enjoy the calmness when he heard a child's voice nearby. Opening his eyes, Alex saw the girl who smiled and addressed him:

"Hi," she said.

"Hi, what's your name?" Alex asked.

"My name is Elizabeth, and yours?" the girl replied.

"My name is Alex. Where are your parents?" he inquired, trying to find out who she was.

"My mom works at the hotel, and my dad is away on a business trip," the girl answered.

Alex smiled but still felt a bit awkward, as he rarely interacted with people younger than himself, let alone children. "Shouldn't you be busy with something else, Elizabeth?" he asked.

"No, I'm free. Do you want to play with me?" she inquired, holding out the bear.

Alex smiled and agreed. They began playing tea party, where he was a clumsy bear, and Elizabeth was a caring hostess. Alex noticed that the girl was smarter than he could have guessed. She asked him questions about his travels, his favorite books, and movies. Despite her young age, her curiosity and zest for life amazed Alex.

"Do you travel a lot, Alex?" Elizabeth asked, pouring him tea from a toy teapot.

"Yes, I love to travel and learn new things about different places," he replied, smiling.

"I love traveling too," said Elizabeth, smiling back at him.

Alex examined her gaze, which was so lively and clear, and suddenly realized that he had never met a child so interested in the world around her. He pondered what was so special about this place that made people feel this way.

"Do you have a sister or brother?" Alex asked, trying to learn more about her family.

"I have a mom, dad, and a little brother. They all love me," Elizabeth replied with a smile.

Alex smiled back, feeling his heart fill with warmth and kindness. Eventually, Elizabeth ran off, and he was left sitting on the bench, feeling a bit bewildered but at the same time - happy.

Alex sat on the bench in the hotel's inner courtyard, lost in his thoughts. It was so quiet and peaceful around him that it seemed as if time had stopped here.

"Excuse me, sir, may I offer you something? Perhaps a cup of tea?" a voice came from behind.

Alex turned and saw a smiling waiter with a tray on which stood a cup of hot tea and a plate of crackers.

"Thank you, I wouldn't refuse," Alex replied, smiling back.

The waiter approached and placed the tray on the bench. "It's complimentary for all our guests," he said, pointing to the cup and crackers.

Alex thanked him and started drinking the tea, feeling the warmth spreading throughout his body. "They take care of their guests here," he thought and smiled.

After some time, Alex returned to his room. Upon entering, he noticed that the room had been tidied up, and everything looked even neater and cozier. On the table by the entrance to the room stood a telephone for internal communication.

"Good evening, sir. How may I help you?" the operator's voice came from the other end of the line.

"Good evening, I'd like to place an order. Can I ask you to prepare an English breakfast?" asked Alex.

"Of course, sir. What time would you like it served?" the operator replied.

"At 9 am, please."

"Thank you, sir. We will arrange everything for you. Have a good evening," the operator reported on the other end of the line and hung up.

Alex looked at the clock and noticed that it was already late. He felt fatigue starting to wash over him, but at the same time, he sensed that his thoughts were still occupied with reflections on his life. Not knowing how to cope with this negative mood, he lay down on the bed and closed his eyes.

Images from his past flickered through his mind: a job that was becoming increasingly tiring, a love that ended in failure, and the feeling that his life had come to a standstill. Alex felt all of this was dragging him down, and he didn't know how to get out of this situation.

Finally, fatigue and negativity gave way to tranquility. His thoughts subsided, and he fell into a deep sleep.

In the morning, Alex woke up feeling light and refreshed. Glancing at the clock, he saw that he had slept more than usual, but it didn't spoil his mood. He got into the shower and stood there, enjoying the sensation of water cascading down his body. Suddenly, an old childhood song came to mind, and he began to hum it out loud, not realizing he was doing so.

"What's happening to me?" Alex thought, looking around to make sure no one was watching him. "It's probably just the aftermath of yesterday's encounter with Elizabeth," he thought to himself.

Soon, his breakfast was brought to him, but instead of the usual English breakfast, a bowl of semolina porridge with strawberry jam and a glass of hot cocoa were on the cart in front of him.

"What is this?" Alex asked, surprised.

"Unfortunately, today it was not possible to prepare an English breakfast due to supply issues. We apologize for the inconvenience and offer you our children's breakfast to enjoy. Unfortunately, we cannot offer any other alternatives," the waitress explained, smiling apologetically.

Alex was a little disappointed, but as soon as the first spoonful of porridge was in his mouth, the disappointment faded. The porridge was delicious, and the rich cocoa filled him with warmth. "I must have been living under stress for too long if semolina porridge is a pleasant event for me," Alex thought as he finished his breakfast.

Feeling more energetic and full, he decided to continue exploring the hotel.

Alex descended the elegant staircase and found himself in the spacious hotel lobby. The tireless porter standing behind the reception desk smiled at him and asked how his night had been.

"Good morning, thank you, everything was fine. Can you tell me something interesting about your hotel?" Alex replied with a smile on his face, filled with the desire to learn more about this place.

"Of course, sir. Our hotel was built in 1920 and has been renowned for its comfort and service for many years. We take care of every guest and do our best to make you feel at home," the porter said proudly.

Alex nodded, but his gaze had already caught something else. On the floor, by the counter, lay a backpack, just like the one he used in college. A patch with the emblem of his favorite basketball team was sewn in the same place. Something stirred inside Alex.

"What's this backpack?" he asked the porter, pointing to the item.

"Oh, it's the backpack of one of our guests. He's leaving today and might have temporarily left it here," the hotel employee replied.

Alex couldn't believe his eyes. He felt a strong sense of déjà vu, as if he were in the past. His hand reached for the backpack, but at that moment he heard a familiar voice behind him:

"Hi, Alex!" Elizabeth exclaimed, waving her hand.

Alex turned around. He smiled, happily greeting her.

"Do you want to play with me?" Elizabeth looked intently at Alex, the glow in her eyes reflecting her desire to spend time together.

"Of course, I'd love to! What do we have planned?" Alex replied, feeling excitement filling his chest.

"Let's ride scooters!" the girl suggested, handing him a pink scooter.

"I don't have my own scooter; I won't be able to ride," Alex shrugged but examined Elizabeth's toy with curiosity.

"Don't worry, I'll give you my dad's scooter. He's on a business trip right now," Elizabeth smiled, pointing to a blue scooter leaning against the wall.

"Thank you, Elizabeth, that's great!" Alex approached the scooter and noticed that it looked just like the one he had ridden in his childhood. Even the broken reflector was wrapped in the same yellow tape. Of course, back then, the scooter was too big for him, but now it fit perfectly.

"What's wrong, Alex? Don't you like something?" Elizabeth looked at him curiously.

"No, everything is perfect; I'm just amazed at how similar this scooter is to my childhood one!" Alex replied, not taking his eyes off the scooter and trying to contain his excitement.

"That's great! You can ride it as much as you want until my dad comes back," Elizabeth smiled, giving him the green light.

Alex turned to Elizabeth and smiled, "I need to change into something more comfortable and suitable for a scooter. But I'll be back soon, I promise!"

"Of course, Alex! I'll do a few laps in the meantime," Elizabeth replied.

Alex quickly walked through the lobby and headed to his room. He was surprised that someone in such a remote place as the "Fairytale" hotel could have a backpack just like his. His heart skipped a beat with excitement as he remembered his college years and the friends who remained in the past.

Entering the room, Alex began to change quickly. Suddenly, he noticed an envelope that had fallen out of his jacket. Alex sat on the bed, picked it up, and recognized the familiar handwriting - it was a letter from his old college friend, Edward.

"Hey, old pal! It's been a while. How are you? I think you're already at the 'Fairytale' hotel. I heard from mutual acquaintances that you were planning to visit this place. If that's true, I highly recommend taking advantage of the extended relaxation program. It will allow you to fully immerse yourself in the atmosphere of this place and enjoy its uniqueness. You won't regret it! I hope to see you soon. Take care!" the letter read.

Alex looked out the window and pondered. There were few details, but judging by Edward's words, the program could significantly improve his stay at this mysterious hotel. He decided that he would definitely inquire about it at the reception.

Alex quickly changed into a comfortable T-shirt and shorts and left the room, holding Edward's letter in his hands. When he returned to the lobby, Elizabeth was already riding her scooter.

"Just another minute," said Alex.

Elizabeth nodded in agreement.

Alex approached the reception desk and asked about the program mentioned in the letter. The porter tried to explain that it was a program based on his questionnaire and childhood memories, which would help him immerse himself in the hotel's atmosphere and experience an unforgettable vacation. However, Alex interrupted him, noticing that Elizabeth was waiting for him.

"Let me sign up for participation, and we'll talk about this later," he said.

The porter smiled and handed him a document to sign. "Excellent, we'll start everything immediately," he said when Alex returned the document to him.

Alex and Elizabeth left the hotel and rode their scooters onto the street. They passed flower beds and a fountain, enjoying the fresh air and scenery. When they reached the main road, Elizabeth turned left, pointing to a beautiful park across the street. Alex followed her.

They entered the park, and Alex felt the magical atmosphere of the place. The summer sun filtered through the leaves of the trees, creating playful rays that danced on the ground. Flower beds adorned with bright colors stretched out before them, making them feel like they were in a fairytale.

Alex and Elizabeth rode their scooters along the winding paths of the park, stopping to feed the ducks. They tried to catch each other, laughed and ran like two carefree children. They played hide-and-seek, jumped over barriers, and inspired each other to try new tricks.

It seemed to Alex that time had stopped, and he had returned to his childhood when no worries could spoil his mood.

As they made their way back to the hotel from the park, Alex began to notice that his scooter was getting heavier, but he chalked it up to fatigue. Elizabeth, on the other hand, encouraged him, saying that they were almost back. Finally, as evening approached, they reached the "Fairytale" hotel.

Alex and Elizabeth, laughing merrily, entered the hotel. Alex felt that everything around him had become louder, brighter, and more saturated. People and objects seemed incredibly large, as if he had entered another world. But the strangest thing was that he felt his body becoming lighter and softer.

Walking through the lobby, he glanced at a mirror and froze in horror. A seven-year-old boy with brown eyes and tousled hair stared back at him from the mirror. The boy was wearing a superhero T-shirt and shorts, and his feet were clad in neat Velcro sneakers. Alex couldn't believe his eyes; he was sure he had just been a 35-year-old man.

"Elizabeth, what happened to my clothes? Why do I look like a child?" he asked, looking fearfully at the girl.

"It's okay, Alex. You've always looked like this," Elizabeth smiled.

But Alex couldn't believe it. He felt tears welling up in his eyes, and his heart was about to break in two. He knew that something strange was happening, and he couldn't stop the process.

"Elizabeth, I don't understand what's happening," he whispered, struggling to hold back the lump in his throat.

"Don't worry, Alex. Everything will be fine," Elizabeth cheerfully chirped and ran deeper into the hotel.

Alex felt a mysterious force pulling him back to the distant years when he was still small and carefree, pulling insistently, without much regard for his opinions and desires.

Alex wiped away his tears and headed to the porter, who smiled at him and asked what had happened. Alex replied with a sour expression that it was obvious. The porter nodded understandingly and began to explain.

"This is our extended program that you ordered, sir. You agreed to undergo this program based on your questionnaire data and childhood memories to fully immerse yourself in the atmosphere of the 'Fairytale' hotel and have an unforgettable vacation," the porter explained.

"So, this was all intentional?" Alex asked, feeling panic and resentment taking hold of him.

"Yes, sir. You can stop it all now, but if you continue, you won't be able to leave until the program is complete," the porter replied.

"I don't know what to do," Alex whispered, barely holding back a new wave of tears.

"Let me remind you of the emotions you have already gained from staying at our hotel, sir. Do you really want to give them up?" the porter asked.

Alex pondered. Indeed, he had experienced many vivid emotions, enjoyed nature, and had fun with Elizabeth. In the end, what did he have to lose? He thought for a long time before saying, "I will continue with the program."

The porter smiled and handed him a document to sign. "Excellent, sir. You won't regret it," he said when Alex returned the document.

Alex struggled to lift his head, feeling a mysterious force pulling him back to the distant years when he was still small and carefree. But despite his fear, he was ready to accept the challenge and explore the new world that was here at the "Fairytale" hotel.

"What do I do now?" he asked.

The porter gently placed his hand on Alex's shoulder and suggested he sit down and calm down. "Let me help you," he said, as if addressing a child.

Alex slowly sank into the armchair, feeling it embrace his body with soft cushions. He wiped away his tears and asked the porter, "Can you tell me more about the program?" trying to stay calm.

"I can only tell you what I am allowed. It is a truly unique adventure based on your personality," the porter replied.

"But what will happen to me after the program ends?" Alex asked, feeling a new wave of tears welling up in his eyes.

"You will return to the real world. But I am sure you will be satisfied with what you have experienced here," the porter replied, trying to reassure Alex.

"And when will the program end?" Alex continued, trying to understand how much time he had left.

"I cannot disclose all the details. But I assure you that you will be satisfied," the porter repeated, smiling at him.

"Alright," Alex said, clenching his fists on his knees. He felt that he could not continue this conversation any longer; he simply had to trust and wait.

"I need to step away and give some instructions. But I will return to make sure everything is alright, sir," the porter said, no longer addressing Alex as a child, but with deep respect.

Alex remained seated in the armchair, examining his new appearance. He felt that a new stage of his life had begun, and he was ready for any adventure.

• Like 9

This a great start! The only real error in English I noticed was the misspelling of 'Wattpad' at the beginning! I wish I could write in a foreign language half-as-well as you've done here! Hope to see more! ?

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, BabySofia said:

This a great start! The only real error in English I noticed was the misspelling of 'Wattpad' at the beginning! I wish I could write in a foreign language half-as-well as you've done here! Hope to see more! ?

2 hours ago, Olympiczero said:

I really enjoy the concept of the story. I'll be sure to check in on it for updates. Great work!

Thank you very much! It's a pleasure to read such warm words, and it's very important to me. In fact, I write in my native language and then translate. Currently, I have finished translating all the parts I have written up to this point.

Upon rereading the story, I realize that there's not much ABDL content in it, and it rather resembles a children's book :). However, I am still happy with the result. If you are interested in continuing to read about Alex's adventures in the Fairy Tale Hotel, I would be more than happy to keep working on the story.

So part.... next :) :

The porter returned to Alex and asked how he was feeling. Alex replied that he still felt a bit shocked and disoriented, but overall, everything was fine.

"Would you like to return to your room and rest?" suggested the porter. "It's been a day full of new experiences, and it's already 8 PM. It's time to relax and prepare for tomorrow's adventures."

Alex agreed, and together with the porter, they headed to his room. On the way, he was still getting used to his new child body, experiencing unusual sensations. He looked at the world around him differently: everything seemed large and bright. Each step gave him new sensations. Passing a mirror, he saw his new reflection - a small boy with short hair and bright brown eyes, looking at him curiously. Alex felt unusually light and fast; his legs moved quicker than he was used to, and he experienced an extraordinary freedom of movement. At some point, Alex began hopping like a little kangaroo, tasting his new mobility, but at the same time, he felt some uncertainty, as if he had not yet learned to control his new body. Alex walked down the hallway and stopped in front of his door. The keyhole was now at chest level. Without knowing why, Alex crouched down a bit and peered into it with interest but saw nothing. Taking a deep breath, Alex opened the door.

Alex entered his room and stopped at the threshold. Instead of the dark and subdued hotel interior, a new fairytale reality awaited him, making his heart beat faster. The room had completely transformed into a children's room. On the walls were posters of superheroes, spaceships, and bright landscapes. The walls themselves were painted in a gentle blue color. In the corner stood a small bed with snow-white sheets and many soft pillows. On the floor was a soft carpet with cartoon-like paths and colorful toys scattered around. In another corner, there was a small play area with a plastic house, colorful building blocks, and a set of toy cars. On the table were various creative supplies, and a set of markers lay on top.

"Incredible," Alex whispered, enjoying the view of his new room, his room.

Alex didn't have the courage to explore everything. He felt that it was all too much even for a seven-year-old boy. He was fascinated by the sight and feeling of his new room, his new world. He felt himself being drawn more and more into this new world. He was no longer an adult man, but a seven-year-old boy, and it was so exciting.

Alex headed for the bathroom door, behind which he hoped to see a familiar space. However, when he opened the door, he was met with a completely different sight.

The bathroom was bright and vibrant, designed especially for a child. The walls were painted green with colorful illustrations of animals and birds, including parrots, monkeys, and lions. On the floor was a colorful rug depicting a jungle scene.

In the corner of the room stood a huge bathtub with bright yellow edges. In a basket near the tub lay colorful toys, such as rubber ducks, crocodiles, and fish.

Alex was amazed by this room; he couldn't believe his eyes. Everything was made for him to feel at home, like a real child.

Leaving the bathroom with a smile on his face, Alex sat on a small chair at the table, took a sheet of paper, and began to draw. He drew his new room, himself in it, the landscapes he had seen during the day, and everything that came to his mind.

Alex continued to draw, lost in his thoughts. Suddenly, the door to the room swung open, and a tall, slender woman in a gray nanny uniform entered. Her long chestnut hair was neatly gathered in a bun, and her face had an expression of kindness and care.

"Good afternoon, Sir Alex. I am your nanny; my name is Eva. I will be with you as part of the extended vacation program and help you with anything you need," she said, smiling.

Alex was taken aback and embarrassed. He had always been an independent person, so the intrusion of a nanny into his life was quite an unexpected event. He sat in the chair, looking at her with some distrust.

"Don't worry, I'm here to make your vacation even more comfortable and enjoyable. Please just enjoy," said Eva, smiling again.

Alex nodded in response, trying to hide his awkwardness. Eva offered to bathe Alex, but he declined, saying he could wash himself. Eva smiled and went to prepare a bath for him, while Alex continued to draw.

A few minutes later, the nanny announced that the bath was ready. She left him to his thoughts and exited the room. Alex slowly got up from the chair and headed to the bathroom.

He undressed and immersed himself in the warm water up to his chin. Colorful toys were floating in the water, immediately catching his attention. He examined each of them, smiling and getting lost in his thoughts. His head was full of mixed feelings - joy from the new toys and sadness from being in such a childlike body.

Unconsciously, Alex began to play, splashing, making happy noises, blowing bubbles, and giggling out loud. It was fun, but bath time was coming to an end. He turned to grab a towel, but found that there was none. He didn't want to put on his old dirty clothes on his clean and still damp body.

"The nanny left," Alex remembered. "Hey, can someone give me a towel?" he shouted, but no one answered.

Alex came out of the bathroom and found himself in front of a nanny who was standing in his room with a smile on her face, holding a glass of milk and cookies. His pajamas were laid out on the bed, ready to embrace their young master with warmth.

"Oh, little one!" the nanny exclaimed affectionately.

Alex's cheeks flushed, and he tried to cover himself. He grabbed a towel hanging on a chair and darted back into the bathroom. His heart was beating faster.

A minute later, the bathroom door cracked open, and Eva handed him his pajamas. Alex silently accepted them. The pajamas were a one-piece blue suit with yellow stars and moons, as well as a hood with cute ears. The suit zipped up and looked like clothing for a young child. But there was no time to be picky, so he put on his new pajamas. He felt silly and cozy.

Coming out of the bathroom, he saw that Eva was still in his room. Alex sat down on the bed, and the nanny handed him a glass of milk and placed cookies on the nightstand next to him.

"Thank you," said Alex, drinking the milk. He felt very sleepy and began to doze off.

"Would you like me to tell you a bedtime story?" Eva asked.

Alex was amazed. He was an adult and had not listened to bedtime stories for a long time. On the other hand, he was here in a new body, and perhaps he really needed these gentle and kind things.

"Alright," he agreed.

Eva began to tell a story about a princess who lived in a castle and her adventures. Alex listened, feeling the nanny's words soothing him.

Finishing the story, Eva wished him a good night and left the room. Alex closed his eyes and soon fell asleep, his nose buried in the soft pillow.

Alex woke up in a sunlit room and looked around. He noticed that there was a huge drawing on the wall above the bed with funny animals and butterflies. Stretching and trying to wake his body from a deep sleep, Alex concluded that the day was starting well, but suddenly felt that something was wrong. Tearing off the blanket, the worst possible picture appeared before him - he had wet the bed during his sleep! From the previous relaxation and tranquility, there was no trace left, panic grew, not knowing what to do, Alex took off his wet pajamas and was left naked. He was embarrassed and scared, his eyes betrayingly moistened. At the moment, the most reliable solution seemed to be hiding all traces of the night's incident.

Suddenly the door of the room opened, and Eva entered. In the middle of the room stood her naked ward with a bundle of bed linen in his hands. Tears were streaming from Alex's eyes, and his lips were betrayingly trembling. Eva, an experienced nanny, immediately understood everything.

"Don't worry, everything will be fine," she hugged Alex. "I'll help you."

Alex told the nanny everything that had happened, how he had wet the bed during his sleep, and how ashamed he felt now. Eva listened to him attentively.

After that, Alex went to take a shower to freshen up. He sighed with relief when the water washed over his body. His thoughts were still messy, but gradually began to calm down.

After the shower, Eva gave him a new T-shirt and shorts and helped Alex get dressed. Breakfast was already on the table when Alex finished dressing. He sat down at the table, and the nanny poured him a glass of milk and pushed a plate of oatmeal towards him.

"Thank you, Eva," he said, starting to eat breakfast.

"You're welcome, sir," she replied, smiling. "Today is our first day in your new appearance. Are you ready?"

Alex nodded in response, feeling excitement and joy begin to fill his heart.

After Alex finished eating breakfast, the boy asked what they could do that day. Eva suggested many options, but eventually decided on an amusement park that was close to the hotel. She convinced Alex that there would be many other children his age with whom he could play and have fun.

"I don't really want to play with anyone," Alex complained.

"But it's necessary, Alex," Eva replied. "Life is amazing and diverse, and you should give it a try. If you don't like it, that's fine, but it could also be very interesting."

Alex thought about it. He was a little scared of the idea of interacting with other children, but he agreed anyway. Eva helped him get dressed, and they went to the park.

In the hotel lobby, they met Elizabeth. The girl was delighted to see them, and Alex invited her to join them at the park. The three of them went together, Alex, Eva, and Elizabeth.

When they reached the entrance, Alex froze. Before him was a huge world of rides, screams, and laughter. Alex couldn't believe his eyes, and his heart raced.

"This is so cool!" Elizabeth exclaimed.

"Well, shall we go?" Eva asked, smiling.

Alex hesitated again but finally decided to go with them. He felt excitement and some anxiety, but he immediately realized that everyone in the park was busy with their own activities and paid no attention to them.

They started with simple attractions like carousels and slides and then moved on to more challenging ones. Alex, though not immediately, began to enjoy this experience. He felt like a child who forgets about his problems and just enjoys playing and having fun. He laughed and screamed with pleasure as the carousel spun faster and faster. Eva and Elizabeth laughed along with him, and Alex felt that they were getting closer to each other.

They passed numerous attractions and reached the Ferris wheel. Alex stopped in his tracks, feeling fear gripping his body. He stared at the huge structure, which seemed terrifying and dangerous to him.

"Is something wrong?" Eva asked, noticing his hesitation.

"I'm afraid of heights," Alex confessed in a whisper, feeling his face turning red with embarrassment.

"It's okay," Eva reassured him. "We'll be with you, and nothing will happen."

She smiled at him and took his hand. At the same moment, Elizabeth took his other hand, and together they went on the Ferris wheel. When they reached the top, Alex felt a mix of horror and delight. He looked down at the ground, which seemed so small to him. He felt his heart pounding a clear rhythm, but now it wasn't fear and panic, but a feeling he had never experienced before.

"This is so cool!" Elizabeth exclaimed as they started to descend.

Alex smiled and felt an incredible sense of relief and happiness. He realized that life is full of different opportunities and that it's worth trying everything it has to offer. He enjoyed spending time with Eva and Elizabeth, and he was glad that they had become so close to each other.

The celebration continued. Eva bought ice cream for the children and left them on a bench while she went to get popcorn. Alex and Elizabeth happily chatted with each other, enjoying their ice cream. But their idyll was disturbed. Two boys, a couple of years older, purposefully approached them. The appearance of the potential new acquaintances did not bode well.

When they were a couple of meters away, one of the uninvited guests loudly said, "Hey, give us your ice cream" and reached out.

"But it's our ice cream," replied Elizabeth, defending her treat.

"Give it to us nicely, or we'll take it by force," continued the second guest, coming closer and snatching the cone from the girl's hands.

Alex froze, closing his eyes and feeling his heart pounding wildly in his chest. He was scared and didn't know what to do. But then one of the bullies switched his attention to him.

"Oh, what's this little kid sitting here with his eyes closed? Thinks he's hidden and no one will find him?" the bully sneered.

Alex listened to the taunts, closing his eyes and lowering his head. His heart was pounding. He knew it was all wrong, and he had to do something to protect himself and Elizabeth. But what could he do in the body of a seven-year-old child?

"He probably already wet his diaper, run to mommy," continued the second one, eating his trophy, and both bullies laughed loudly.

Suddenly, his pulse slowed, his breathing became even, and his thoughts became clear. There was him and there were them. They were evil, he was good, and good triumphs over evil. Alex looked up at the intruders. His eyes were not childlike, there was no trace of panic. The fire of adulthood and determination flared in his gaze.

"I can't, she died when I was 12," Alex replied, and at the same moment, he delivered a precise blow to the solar plexus of one of the bullies.

The stunned attacker tried to gulp for air but failed. Not giving him a chance to recover, Alex delivered another blow with the toe of his shoe to the attacker's kneecap. A sharp pain and weakness gripped the attacker's leg, and he fell to the ground.

The second bully threw away the ice cream and rushed at Alex. The boy was ready for the attack and assumed a defensive stance. But the body of a seven-year-old child was not prepared for a physical confrontation. The nine-year-old's blow broke through all the defenses and reached Alex's nose. The boy instantly tasted the metallic taste in his mouth and felt a hot stream running down the nasolabial fold to his chin. His vision became increasingly foggy. The last thing Alex remembered before passing out was Eva's shouts and scolding as she chased the bullies away.

Alex slowly regained consciousness in the hotel lobby. His nose hurt, and everything seemed doubled in his eyes. He tried to sit up and felt his head spin. The surrounding staff gathered around him with concern, asking about his well-being and if he needed anything. Alex closed his eyes and tried to gather his thoughts. He remembered what had happened and realized that from now on, he needed to be more careful with his physical abilities. Now he understood perfectly well that a broken nose was the best of the worst things that could have happened to him.

Elizabeth's voice was heard nearby as she approached him and said, "Thank you for protecting me. You're the best." She smiled and kissed him on the cheek. Alex blushed to the tips of his ears, his face flushed with color, he had never experienced such feelings in his life. Elizabeth smiled and ran away, while Alex remained seated, recalling what had happened. He felt that his entire life had been turned upside down, but at the same time, he realized that this was his first real experience in his new childlike body.

Alex cautiously got to his feet, a whirlwind of emotions raging within him: on the one hand, his nose ached sharply after today's incident, on the other, joy filled his heart – the most charming girl in the world had just kissed him, and this day became the most unforgettable in his life at the hotel.

Eva helped Alex return to his room, where a warm, foamy bath surrounded by a sea of various toys awaited him.

"Maybe this will lift your spirits," the nanny suggested, pointing to the prepared bath.

However, Alex was too tired to play and only thought about one thing - to fall asleep as soon as possible. Alex asked Eva to leave him alone.

"Eva, I'd like to be alone, please," Alex requested.

"Of course," replied the nanny with a smile and left the room.

Alex spent only a few minutes in the water. After finishing his bath, the boy stepped out, carefully wrapping himself in a fluffy towel, remembering the awkward moment when the nanny caught him naked.

Coming out of the bathroom, Alex found that Eva had already left, leaving cookies and warm milk on the nightstand. A pajama lay neatly on the bed. This cute blue jumpsuit with images of smiling stars and moons, with soft cuffs on the wrists and ankles, brought a smile to his face. But the smile disappeared immediately when the boy noticed a child's diaper of his size nearby.

"Why do I need this?" Alex whispered indignantly, looking at this overly childish item. Alex was puzzled, as he was an adult. Even considering that his new body was seven years old, children at this age no longer wear diapers. He recalled his morning "accident," but it was just a one-time occurrence. Picking up the diaper, the boy began to examine it. The item was white with a drawing of cute animals surrounded by flowers and butterflies.

"Well, well!" Alex exclaimed indignantly. "This is too much! I just saved a girl from bullies and got a kiss as a reward, and now I'm being offered to wear a diaper like some baby! No, this is definitely not for me."

Alex resolutely set the diaper aside and took the pajama. He carefully put it on, smiling for a moment at the cute design. There was no denying that the pajama was comfortable and soft, but the thought of the diaper still irritated him.

Having finished with the clothes, Alex lay down on the bed and reached for the cookies and milk on the nightstand. He took a few sips and nibbled on a cookie, feeling his body relax and prepare for sleep.

"Well," he said to himself, "even though unpleasant things happen, today was still unforgettable. Elizabeth..." his thoughts revolved around the girl who had become so special to him. Alex smiled and closed his eyes, sinking into a sleep full of adventures.

Alex was already snoring when the nanny entered the room to check on him. Seeing the boy sleeping in his bed, she smiled and picked up the diaper from the floor. "Well," she thought, "maybe I did overdo it. Alex really showed today that he has a fire burning within him."

Eva carefully put the diaper away in the closet and left the room, quietly closing the door.

The night for Alex was full of heroic adventures. In his dreams, he fought dragons, witches, and other dangerous creatures while rescuing Elizabeth. Naturally, the grateful Princess Elizabeth rewarded her knight, Sir Alex, with a kiss on the cheek each time. The boy tossed and turned in bed all night and occasionally cried out, as if on the verge of sleep and wakefulness.

In the morning, the dragon slayer, better known as Sir Alex, woke up later than usual. He heard Eva busy doing something in the adjacent room. Alex thought to himself, "Strange, I thought Eva would be more like invited staff, but she's already here and acting like a real hostess. I need to discuss certain boundaries with her." The boy felt tired after such a restless night and was clearly not in the mood, grumbling to himself. Slowly rolling onto his side, Alex felt an unusual coolness in that part of his body where adult boys should not feel it. He couldn't help but remember how he had refused the diaper the day before, confident that this childhood item was obviously unnecessary.

Alex slowly looked at the teddy bear sitting on the edge of a children's chair, which seemed to be reproachfully looking at him and as if saying, "See, a diaper wouldn't have been useless." Alex blushed with shame, but didn't want to admit that he was wrong. "I need to discreetly hide the traces of my nighttime incident," thought Alex, and got to work.

First, he had to get rid of the pajamas that had taken the brunt of the damage. Alex removed his pajamas, quickly put on underwear, shorts, and a T-shirt. But what to do with the wet clothes?

A seemingly brilliant idea came to his mind. Alex opened the window and carefully hung his pajamas on the windowsill, as if he wanted to air them out. He hoped that the warm summer breeze would soon dry them, and the nanny would suspect nothing.

Alex looked at his teddy bear again, which now seemed more sympathetic than reproachful. The young strategist smiled. His favorite comic book "Earth's Superheroes" lay on the floor. He had to sacrifice his favorite reading material to save his honor. Alex carefully placed the comic book on the bed in such a way that it covered the stain, creating the illusion that the boy simply forgot to clean up his things before going to sleep.

Meanwhile, Eva continued her chores in the next room. Alex thought she would need a little more time before she decided to check on him. He looked around for something he could use to further hide the traces of the night's misunderstanding.

Alex looked around and noticed a bucket of blocks. He quickly began building a small wall in front of the stain to create another layer of camouflage. Now his bed looked like a real battlefield with walls, comics, and toys scattered everywhere.

Finally, hearing that the nanny was finishing her chores, Alex quickly climbed back into bed and covered himself with a blanket, pretending that he had just woken up. Eva entered the room and looked in surprise at the mess on the boy's bed.

"Alex, what happened here?" she asked in surprise.

The boy, trying to maintain composure, replied: "Oh, I was just building a castle for my superheroes. I had such an amazing dream." Alex said, clearly overdoing the childishness in his tone.

The nanny looked at him, smiled, and said: "Let's go have breakfast, my superhero."

Alex came out of his nursery with such a gloomy mood that it seemed as if the word "Sadness" was carved on his forehead. He dragged himself to the dining area and sat down at the table, where breakfast was already served.

Alex reluctantly began to poke at his omelette, and with each new bite, his mood improved.

Eva approached the table and asked with concern: "How is our little superhero feeling after yesterday's battle?"

Alex, wincing at the nickname "little superhero," replied: "Everything is fine, thank you. I think I can handle a couple more children's adventures from this unforgettable program."

At the word "unforgettable," the boy placed a particularly venomous emphasis, but the nanny didn't let it show.

Eva smiled and placed a dessert in front of Alex - a semolina cake with cherry sauce and caramel patterns. Alex started on the dessert, trying to hide his pleasure from the taste. Finishing the dessert, Alex realized that his mood had finally improved, the fatigue after a restless night receded, and the wet incident stopped being so important. He decided to postpone the conversation about personal boundaries for later.

Alex asked the nanny: "Eva, what would you suggest doing today?"

The nanny smiled and replied: "I think after yesterday, you and Elizabeth should do something more peaceful. Perhaps you can go to the hotel library? There are many interesting books for your age. Or, if you want some fresh air, you can take a walk in the garden and find a cozy spot to relax."

Alex involuntarily chuckled, thinking to himself: "I wonder which age Eva has in mind, 35 or 7? After all, there are some differences between Kafka and The Three Little Pigs."

But in one thing the nanny was right – the boy really needed a break. After all, even superheroes need rest!

Before heading to the library, Alex had to find Elizabeth and ask her to join him. He walked through the hotel corridors, went down to the lobby, where the porter greeted him cheerfully and handed him a couple of candies (that's the plus side of being a child, everyone wants to spoil you), then he went out to the courtyard and saw her sitting on a bench in the garden.

Alex hesitated for a moment. Remembering the previous evening and the kiss, he felt his cheeks becoming rosy. He pulled himself together and reminded himself that it was just childish emotions, but still felt a little embarrassed.

Alex approached Elizabeth, trying to look as calm and confident as possible. He greeted her with a ringing childish voice: "Hi, Ellie. Do you want to go to the library with me? My nanny said there are many interesting books and board games there. It would be fun to read something together."

The girl smiled and replied, "Of course, let's go!"

And they headed to the hotel library, Alex's embarrassment gradually faded, and none of the children mentioned the previous evening.

Soon they arrived at the library. It was a cozy room with shelves filled with various books and comfortable reading chairs.

The boy and girl browsed the bookshelves, and each picked a book to read. Alex chose a science fiction novel, while Ellie picked a collection of fairy tales. They settled in soft chairs and immersed themselves in reading.

After a while, Elizabeth put her book aside and turned to Alex with a thoughtful look.

"Alex, I wanted to ask you something," Ellie began, slightly embarrassed.

Alex looked up at the girl.

"Yes, Ellie, feel free to ask anything."

"The day we were at the park and those bullies tried to take our ice cream," the girl continued, anxiously choosing her words.

Alex assumed she would now ask him how he bravely defended them, and he even began to think of a response like, "I'll always protect you, my beautiful princess." However, the end of Ellie's question made him suppress his heroic impulse.

"You said your mom died when you were 12. Is that true?" Ellie finished her question, clearly embarrassed by her curiosity.

Alex hesitated, not rushing to answer. Long-forgotten images of loved ones surfaced in his mind. He remembered his mother, someone who always understood and forgave him, even for the silliest actions. He remembered his father - a tall, slender man with a thick beard and kind brown eyes. He remembered how much fun they had together, how his father sometimes threatened to spank him, but it always ended with his father taking off his belt to wash his pants, and his mother talking about the psychological trauma he inflicted on the child. He remembered one night when he had a bad dream and ran to his parents' bedroom. For some reason, they were still awake, and his father was quite irritated by his visit and went out to smoke. Memories flew by one after another - school, the first 'C' and the first 'A', a vacation at the seaside, scraped knees, and his mom's magical "...and Alex doesn't feel pain...," and indeed, it didn't hurt.

Then Alex remembered the hospital, the doctor's words about some 4th stage, and the seemingly endless corridors of the hospital. That's when he saw how the gaze of a grown, unshakable man could dim.

First, his mother left, and a year later - his father. They say that people who truly love each other cannot be alone. It's probably true.

It seemed to Alex that he had wandered among his memories for an eternity, although in reality, only a couple of moments had passed. Perhaps because Alex was now in the body of a seven-year-old boy, his feelings were heightened. As is well known, children always feel and experience everything 100%, and sometimes even more. The child's eyes became slightly moist, a lump formed in his throat, and the only thing he could utter was a brief:

"Yes."

Elizabeth looked sympathetically at Alex, realizing that she shouldn't have asked such questions. She took his hand and said warmly:

"I'm so sorry, Alex. I didn't mean to upset you with my question. Your parents must have been wonderful people."

Alex smiled through his tears and replied:

"Yes, they were. But now I have you. And, you know, I think they're happy for me."

Elizabeth smiled back and hugged him.

As Elizabeth and Alex hugged, the door to the library quietly opened, and their nanny entered. Noticing the touching moment between the children, the nanny understood that it would be wrong to interrupt them. So she carefully sat down on a chair further away, patiently waiting for the right moment to offer them a snack.

After a few minutes, when the hugs ended, the nanny approached the children and, smiling, said:

"Hello, my dears! I've brought you some refreshments."

She placed a tray on the table and lifted the silver lid, revealing a variety of delicious snacks to the children. On the tray were sandwiches with ham and cheese, and a plate of bright, juicy fruits - apples, oranges, strawberries, and grapes. In the center were two mugs of fragrant hot cocoa with a thick foam on top.

The nanny noticed that Alex was upset and his eyes were moist. With warmth and care in her voice, she said:

"Alex, don't be sad. After all, you have wonderful friends here, and we all care about you. Have something to eat; it will help you feel better!"

The children gratefully smiled at the nanny and began to eat. Alex gradually became distracted from his sad thoughts, and Elizabeth laughed joyfully at the amusing stories the nanny told them. Sadness gradually gave way to warmth and joy, filling the hearts of both children.

Time flew by quickly, and evening arrived. The nanny suggested the children take a walk in the hotel's garden before dinner, and all three went to enjoy the last rays of the sun. The nanny walked a little farther away, giving the children space and freedom to talk to their heart's content.

The setting sun enveloped the hotel garden in a soft, warm light. The children's conversation turned to the topic of travel, and Elizabeth remembered that Alex had mentioned his passion for exploring the world.

"Alex, tell us, which countries have you managed to visit?" – Ellie asked curiously.

Alex thought for a moment. A world map appeared in his head, and he mentally began to fill in segments on it: "I've been to France, Italy, Germany, Spain, the United Kingdom, Japan, China, Australia, Canada, and Brazil."

Then Alex remembered that Ellie had also talked about her love for traveling and asked her: "And which countries have you been to?". Alex expected to hear something like "I've been to Mexico and also visited my grandmother in Canada." But Ellie's answer was quite different.

"I've been to Greece, Turkey, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, Portugal, the Netherlands, Switzerland, India, Thailand, New Zealand, Argentina, Mexico, and even Hawaii!"

Alex looked at Ellie in surprise: "You're so young! How could you have been to all these places?"

The girl lowered her eyes and replied: "Yes, you're right, Alex."

Quickly leaving Alex, Ellie ran away, and he was left standing in bewilderment, trying to understand what had just happened and how he could have offended Elizabeth.

It was time for dinner, and Alex went to the hotel restaurant to ponder the day's events in a quiet setting.

He sat down at his table in the decorated hall, where macaroni and cheese, a fresh vegetable salad, and aromatic apple juice awaited him.

Alex slowly began his meal. Despite the fact that dinner was genuinely tasty and nutritious (as it should be for children), Alex felt nostalgic for a juicy steak and warming whiskey.

"On the other hand," Alex thought to himself, "seven years is not the same as three years. At least the food for seven-year-olds is quite edible and delicious." He could only guess what he would be fed if he were three years old or younger. However, something told the boy that filet mignon was unlikely to be on the menu for preschool-aged children.

While Alex was having dinner, his thoughts turned to Elizabeth and Eva. With Eva, he was facing a difficult conversation, as it was necessary to define personal boundaries. He was not ready for this conversation but understood its necessity. "Tonight, when the nanny comes to me, I'll try to discuss everything with her," Alex decided. And now, his thoughts turned to Ellie, who brought a smile to his face.

Alex wondered how Ellie, a seven-year-old girl, could have traveled to so many countries. Of course, she could have lied, but why? He understood that there was something much deeper and more mysterious hidden behind Ellie's appearance. She seemed to possess unusual knowledge and experience beyond her years.

"Why, of all the things that happened that day, was she interested in the fact that my mom died?" Alex pondered. "Well, I'll have to talk to her, after all, we're friends," the boy decided.

Finishing dinner, Alex took a glass of apple juice and leaned back in his chair. Making a circular motion with the bottom of the glass to mix the contents and saturate it with oxygen, the boy smiled at his own habits: "Well, it's practically Calvados."

Having finished his imaginary Calvados, Alex headed to his room. He was facing a difficult conversation with the nanny, for which he needed to prepare. In the morning, when he was hiding the traces of the night's incident, Alex noticed a box of racing cars that also needed his attention this evening.

In the room, Alex eagerly took out a box of race cars and opened it. His boyish heart beat with awe and admiration. He discovered a variety of different models in the box, each made with astonishing detail. Each car was unique and represented an accurate copy of their real-life counterparts.

Alex chose two cars – one red, which reminded him of a Ferrari, and another blue one, similar to a Porsche. Then he began to create a race track. Chairs served as turns, pillows imitated the terrain, and a bridge made of books turned the room into a marvel of engineering imagination.

With great enthusiasm, the boy played, imagining himself as a racer on the most dangerous track in the world, where cars jumped off hills and quickly maneuvered between obstacles. Forgetting everything else, Alex became completely engrossed in the game.

Soon after the race began, the nanny entered the room. She did not distract the young racer but quietly went into the bathroom and began preparing for her ward's bathing routine.

When everything was ready, the nanny approached Alex, who was at the most dangerous part of the track at that moment.

"Alex, it's time to take a bath," she said.

Alex sighed, got up from his knees, and took his pajamas and towel. "Thank you, nanny. I'll go by myself," he replied and headed to the bathroom, insisting on his privacy, taking a couple of cars with him.

Alex carefully undressed and lowered himself into the bathtub. A rubber duck was already floating in the water, and Alex's eyes sparkled with delight. He began to play with the duck, sending it across the water and imagining it as a rescue boat saving stranded racers. Splashes and foam flew in different directions, creating a cheerful chaos in which the racers were saved!

It was time to get out of the bath and talk to the nanny. Alex dried himself off, zipped up his pajamas, put on the hood, took a deep breath, and prepared for a difficult conversation.

Leaving the bathroom, Alex stopped in front of the mirror. Reflected back was a cute rosy-cheeked boy with shining eyes, dressed in a soft blue pajama adorned with ships. The hood with little bear ears covered his head and hair. Alex noted that his current attire did not quite match the seriousness of the upcoming conversation, but there was no turning back. The boy determinedly headed towards Eva.

Gathering all his strength, Alex turned to the nanny: "Eva, we need to have a serious talk." To his surprise, the nanny nodded and replied: "I also wanted to talk to you about something important, Alex." The boy was unprepared for such a turn of events, he sat down on the bed and invited the nanny to start the conversation.

Eva took a deep breath and began: "Alex, I noticed that the last two mornings you woke up wet. I understand that this can be awkward to discuss, but we need to address this issue. Do you want to tell me what's going on?".

Embarrassment overwhelmed Alex, and he lowered his eyes. "No, nothing... Everything is fine... It's... probably a coincidence," he mumbled, trying to avoid the conversation.

However, the nanny gently held his hand: "Alex, you know you can trust me. I understand that you have experienced a lot of stress due to the transition to your new body. We need to address this issue."

"It's okay," Alex mumbled, his previous determination gone.

The nanny continued: "Alex, I understand that this may be unpleasant, but we must be responsible and find a solution. I suggest you use a diaper at night to avoid such situations."

Alex, feeling the embarrassment and shame tearing him apart, remembered that he had already found the diaper left on his pajamas, but then firmly rejected the offer. He couldn't imagine himself in a diaper, even when no one could see. The boy quickly got up from the bed. "No, nanny! I don't want to and won't wear them! It's... it's just awful!" he said, unable to hold back his emotions any longer.

Alex felt his cheeks burning. Inside him, a contradictory whirlwind of feelings raged - embarrassment, fear, but also a strange relief that the nanny knew about his problem. The nanny insisted.

"Alex, you can't constantly run away from problems. They need to be solved," she urged the boy.

"But... I'm already big... It's... shameful," Alex stammered, doubt creeping into his voice.

Eva smiled and said, "This will be our secret, and it's not for long. You just try it, and we'll see what happens next. You can consider it a temporary solution."

The boy looked at his teddy bear sitting on the chair. It seemed the bear was telling him, "Well, maybe you should try it after all? Or tomorrow you'll be drying your pajamas on the windowsill again."

The nanny took the disputed item out of the closet and handed it to Alex.

"Look, it's almost the same as regular underwear," she said.

Alex took the diaper and began examining it carefully. In his adult life, he had no children, and child hygiene was an unfamiliar territory for him. The fabric was soft and delicate, like cotton, and the color was white, with cute animal drawings all over the surface.

Alex resisted internally, but the feeling of relief that the nanny knew about his problem and was ready to help began to prevail. In the end, he nodded: "Okay, I'll try."

The nanny encouraged him: "Well done, Alex! You made an adult decision. Do you want me to help you put it on?"

Alex resolutely refused: "No!!!" And silently went to the bathroom, taking his teddy bear with him.

Alex stood in the bathroom, holding a diaper in his hands with a confused look on his face, and nervously whispered to himself, "I just can't believe this is happening to me." Despite his determination to try and put it on, the boy still felt a strong sense of shame. He closed his eyes, gathered his thoughts, and began carefully unfolding this childish item on the floor.

Taking off his pajamas, Alex lay down on the diaper and started fastening the Velcro tapes. After some difficulties, he managed to put it on, and the boy thought that maybe this temporary inconvenience would help avoid more serious problems in the future.

Alex stood up and immediately felt how his gait had changed. The diaper gave him a sense of clumsiness. The boy tried to encourage himself internally: "Well, you did it, right? It's just for one night."

He tried to get used to the new sensation, walking around the bathroom and listening to the diaper rustle slightly with each step. Alex turned to his teddy bear, which was perched on the corner of the sink, and asked, "Teddy, can you see me right now? This... this is so weird...".

Of course, the teddy bear didn't answer, but Alex felt that its gaze was full of understanding and support.

The boy put on his pajamas, trying to be as confident as possible, tucked the teddy bear under his arm, exhaled, and shouted for the nanny to turn off the lights in the room.

When the lights went out, Alex quickly and stealthily jumped into bed, trying to hide under the blanket.

• Like 6

A little continuation, very emotional:

A gentle ray of sunlight cautiously caressed the nose of a sleeping boy. Alex smiled in his sleep, trying to hold onto the last moments of his fading dreams. Slowly, and savoring every movement, he stretched out, but then sharply exhaled and sat up in bed. Throwing off the blanket, he carefully felt his diaper through his pajamas.

"Dry," Alex sighed with relief.

"Teddy, hear that? I'm dry!" he happily told his stuffed friend, hugging him.

Alex twirled around the room with Teddy in his arms, his mood simply magical. He felt ready to soar to the stars or explore the depths of the ocean.

But suddenly stopping, Alex sat on the edge of the bed and pondered.

"Wait, stop," he whispered quietly to himself. "I'm a grown man, I'm 35 years old. Now I'm in a child's body, but my consciousness is still adult. Is it normal to talk to a teddy bear and rejoice that the diaper stayed dry?" With these thoughts, Alex put Teddy on the bed and walked over to the mirror.

A mischievous, brown-eyed rascal looked back at him. Alex studied his reflection, turning left and right. The boy in the mirror moved in sync with him. Alex lowered his gaze, noticing the silhouette of the diaper under his pajamas.

"It's a strange feeling," he admitted to himself. "But since I'm already here, in this little body, why not just try to relax, not think about how you look and what others will think, just be a child?"

Lost in thought, Alex didn't notice that Eva had been watching him for several minutes.

"Good morning, sunshine," Eva whispered softly.

"Oh!" Alex cried out, not expecting to see someone in such a private moment, and lowered his eyes. The boy felt warmth spread through his diaper – he had wet himself.

"Is something wrong, dear?" the nanny asked cautiously, looking at Alex.

It was a failure, a complete and unconditional defeat. To make it through the night and, in the end, already having tasted the sweet taste of victory, to lose so shamefully to his own body.

Not quite understanding what was happening, the nanny asked Alex:

"How was your night, did you not need the diaper?"

That was the last straw for Alex. Unable to hold back his emotions any longer, the boy flopped onto the floor and burst into tears.

"Alex, dear, what happened? What has upset you so much? Maybe something hurts?" the nanny went through the possible reasons for the sudden change in her charge's mood.

Alex did not answer; he cried out of resentment and anger at himself, at his adult life, at this silly extended leisure program he had foolishly agreed to participate in. He was angry because even here, in this incomprehensible place, he could not change himself.

Eva hugged Alex, trying to calm him down, but the boy pushed her away and ran out of the room.

In his pajamas, Alex descended to the hotel lobby and headed to the registration desk.

"To hell with this program! I want it all to end right now!" Alex said irritably, unbefitting a seven-year-old child, addressing the porter.

The porter looked at him sympathetically and replied with a touch of obligatory regret in his voice:

"I'm sorry, sir, but you signed a contract that states you cannot leave the program until it is finished."

Anger and resentment gave way to fury. Alex was no longer a little boy in cute pajamas.

"I think you didn't quite understand me. I said right now!" Alex was ready to move from words to actions, regardless of the consequences.

"Alex...", a thin girlish voice sounded behind his back.

Alex turned around and saw Elizabeth, with whom they had parted so quickly the day before. Elizabeth approached him and tenderly hugged him. Big tears rolled down the boy's cheeks.

• Like 6

Well I'm very pleased to read your feedback, thank you, it's very important to me. I have already prepared the next part of the story:

Elizabeth smiled at Alex. She took his hand and said:

"I'm here with you, and we'll get through this together. Don't worry, okay?"

The boy, sobbing, nodded, and they went back to his room together.

When they returned, Nanny Eva greeted them. She looked at Alex and said:

"Alex, I'm sorry I didn't understand you. Let's go to the bathroom, and I'll help you change?"

This time, Alex couldn't muster the strength to defend his privacy and personal boundaries. He simply nodded in response, and the nanny, taking him in her arms, headed to the bathroom. Elizabeth sat on the couch and patiently waited.

Nanny Eva helped Alex out of his pajamas, then carefully and gently unfastened the Velcro on his wet diaper. "Don't worry, Alex, everything will be alright," said Eva, removing the diaper.

Eva turned on the warm water, placed Alex in the bathtub, and gently lathered him from head to toe. Alex felt the tension begin to subside. After rinsing the boy with water, Eva dried him with a fluffy towel and helped him put on a new shirt and shorts.

"There, now we're clean and dry again," she said with a smile when the whole procedure was complete.

Alex silently nodded, feeling his shame and anger fade away thanks to the nanny's care.

They left the bathroom, and Alex joined Elizabeth on the couch. His back still occasionally shuddered on inhaling after the recent tantrum.

A few minutes after the boy left the bathroom, there was a knock on the door of the room. It was followed by a muffled, "May I come in?"

"Yes, of course, come in," replied Alex, adjusting his shirt.

The door slowly opened, and the porter appeared on the threshold. The usual smile was absent from his face. The look in his eyes was... businesslike. Alex, realizing that the conversation would be difficult, mentally prepared himself to offer his sincere apologies for today's outburst.

The porter entered the room, looked around, and, closing the door behind him, politely asked, "May I sit down, Sir Alex?" His voice sounded stern and formal. Alex gestured toward the armchair, and the porter sat down opposite the boy.

"Sir Alex, many of our guests, when in your situation, may behave somewhat... eccentrically. We understand that the events taking place can cause shock and stress, and therefore we provide experienced nannies to ease the transition to the new reality," the porter began, stealing a glance at Eva.

"Yes, yes, I apologize for..." Alex tried to interject.

"Sir, please let me finish," the porter said firmly but politely, cutting off the boy's stream of apologies.

Alex was taken aback and agreed: "Yes, of course, please continue."

"So, in your case, we, unfortunately, did not take into account that you had a rather difficult childhood, starting from the age of 12. Moreover, most of our guests are already familiar with the program, at least in general terms. You, on the other hand, entered the program without any preparation, which undoubtedly complicated the situation. You may need more time to adapt and accept your new environment," the porter continued, looking sympathetically at Alex.

The boy sat and listened intently.

"Of course, it's our fault that we failed to provide you with proper care. That's why we want to make you a unique offer, so to speak, to smooth over the rough edges," the porter said with a professional smile, and continued: "We suggest you change your environment to adapt better."

"In what sense?" Alex couldn't resist, not wanting to wait for the concierge to get to the point through all the formalities.

"Let me explain. Your body has changed, become younger, and consequently, your perception of the outside world has also changed. A change in the body entails a change in consciousness – it's logical. You've become more sensitive and emotional about everything around you. For you, as for any child, the world is divided into black and white, good and bad. At your current age, children are just learning to distinguish shades of gray," the concierge clarified his thought.

"We understand how difficult this is for you, and we want to offer an alternative – to adjust your age downward. Let's say, the image of a 2-3-year-old toddler would suit you perfectly," the concierge concluded his speech.

Alex was so dumbfounded that he lost the power of speech. Questions swirled in his head: how, why, and maybe it's worth trying, what about Ellie? Gathering his courage, the boy asked, unable to hold back a hint of sarcasm:

"And how do you plan to do that? Will I get a shot or will I just eat a cake with the words 'eat me'?"

The concierge laughed, "What an imagination! We're not in a book about Alice. It's much simpler: your consent is enough, and tomorrow you'll wake up as a two-year-old child," and continued, "Trust our experience, this age will be perfect for you. Of course, you'll also have a nanny, but her care will be, so to speak, more sensitive. You understand, babies have special needs." The word "special" was heavily emphasized by the concierge.

"Of course, diapers will no longer embarrass you, and you will perceive them as something self-evident. Besides, 2 years old is such a wonderful age!" the concierge added.

"What will happen to Ellie?" asked Alex, glancing at his friend.

"Ellie will be able to come and play with you, sir," the concierge replied with a smile. "You will be provided with an extensive set of toys appropriate for your age. Of course, your consciousness won't become completely childlike, but your interests will inevitably change," the concierge continued explaining.

"You like playing with toy cars now. And, as I see, your new plush friend has already found common ground with you," the concierge nodded towards the chair where the teddy bear sat.

Silence filled the room.

"Well, with your permission, sir, it's time for me to leave. It's clear that you need time to carefully consider and weigh all aspects. Please let us know your decision by the end of today. Just give us a call." The porter smiled kindly, then left the room, carefully closing the door behind him.

"Elizabeth, Eva, please let me be alone for a while," Alex requested.

Elizabeth couldn't help herself: "Alex, just don't..."

"Ellie, please!" the boy interrupted her, giving her a pleading look.

"Let's go, Ellie, Alex needs some rest," the nanny gently helped the girl up from the couch, and they disappeared behind the door of the room.

Alex spent the rest of the day in the room, pondering the proposal. Silence reigned in the room, broken only by the distant sounds of the hotel. The sun slowly sank below the horizon, enveloping the room in a soft twilight.

Closer to evening, when the day had already faded, Eva arrived. Without any unnecessary words, she prepared a bath and addressed the boy:

"Alex, it's time for a bath," she said quietly.

The boy silently got up and headed to the bathroom. Eva was about to wish him a good night and leave, but then Alex stopped her.

"Eva... Can you bathe me?" he asked tenderly.

"Of course, sweetheart," the nanny replied with a smile.

The bathroom filled with steam and the scent of soap bubbles. Eva hummed a sweet children's song about a brave little ship that set out to conquer distant seas, carefully dipping a sponge in the soapy water and wiping Alex's body as if he were a fragile treasure. Waves of warm water washed away all the day's worries, leaving only cleanliness on his skin.

Drying himself off with a towel, Alex headed to the bedroom, where a glass of milk and cookies awaited him on the bedside table. He looked at his pajamas - soft, light blue with cute cartoon animals. Alex turned to Eva:

"Today was a really difficult day. A little insurance won't hurt."

Eva smiled and took a diaper out of the closet. She helped Alex with the velcro tapes and his pajamas. Kissing him on the forehead, the nanny quietly left the room.

Alex drank the milk and got up from the bed. He walked over to the phone and picked up the receiver.

The porter's voice came through the other end: "Good evening, Sir Alex. How can I help you?"

• Like 7

So what do you think Alex will choose? Will he turn into a 2-year-old toddler, or will he decide to become a baby so he can forget about adult problems and focus on getting to know the world all over again?

P.S. I already know what he will choose :)

• Like 1

So, I think it’s time for next part:

Up the hotel staircase climbed a little one. At first glance, they couldn't have been more than 2.5-3 years old. The child was dressed in a light gray T-shirt with dancing hippopotamuses on it and bright yellow shorts with colorful stripes on the sides. On their little feet were socks with tiny wings and sandals, and on their head, a sun hat. The youngster held onto the railing and diligently lifted their foot, overcoming one step at a time. A nanny followed a short distance behind.

Upon reaching their floor, the little tot darted down the corridor. The child's gait was not quite confident yet, either because the climb up the stairs had been tiring, or because of the bulky diaper, the edge of which peeked out from behind the waistband of the shorts. Arriving at the desired door, the tiny creature squatted, hopped, and dangled from the handle. The door quietly opened, and the little one ran into the room. After quickly surveying their surroundings, the toddler opened another door, ran into the room, and whirled onto the bed.

Someone was sleeping on the bed, their entire body hidden under the blanket. The youngster began jumping on the bed and yelling:

"Get up, sleepyhead, the sun's up, let's go play!"

A sleepy face of a boy around 7 years old emerged from beneath the blanket. The little one stopped jumping and stared at the boy:

"Alex, so you decided not to..."

Alex rubbed his eyes, hearing the familiar voice's intonation, and when his gaze finally focused on the disturber of his peace, he exclaimed in surprise: "Elizabeth?"

Alex sat on the bed, gathering his thoughts and trying to accept the new reality. Elizabeth, the girl who had comforted and embraced him just yesterday, had now become a little girl with chubby cheeks and curly hair.

Eva appeared in the doorway, looking at Alex and Elizabeth in surprise. Little Ellie ran up to the nanny, hugged her leg, and complained in a sad voice, "Nanny, why didn't Alex become a baby? I wanted to play with him!" The nanny affectionately picked her up and kissed her forehead.

"I don't know, sweetheart," the nanny continued to study Alex, trying to find an answer in his eyes.

Alex began his explanations, feeling at a loss. "I just thought I didn't want to run away from problems and myself anymore, so I refused. And being little... maybe it's not as fun as being big. What am I supposed to do as a two-year-old, stacking children's pyramids or something?" said Alex, trying to sound as confident as possible.

Eva nodded, understanding his choice. Ellie, comfortably settled in the nanny's arms, drew a conclusion from Alex's explanations: "Ew, you're no fun"

Alex blushed and asked the nanny, "So will she always be like this... I mean, talk and behave this way?"

The nanny smiled and replied, "Not always. Right now, Ellie is having a hard time dealing with the emotions of a small child that have awakened within her. As you already know, a change in the body entails a change in consciousness to some extent. She's still our Elizabeth, but she needs time to learn to control her new feelings and desires. And, of course, she will learn self-control and return to normal over time."

"Is her new age going to last long?" the boy inquired.

Eva thoughtfully looked at Ellie and then answered, "Yes, it's going to last a long time. Ellie, like me, is part of this hotel. We live and work here, and special rules apply to us, different from those for guests."

Alex was saddened by the nanny's words, not understanding how this could have happened and why Ellie had become little.

"Eva, why did this happen, I mean, why did Ellie turn into a baby? I refused to change," Alex asked.

"Well..." the nanny began her explanation, "in short, she has become very attached to you." The nanny decided not to go into details.

Silence fell upon the room. Alex sat, watching Ellie happily playing in the nanny's arms. He knew it wasn't his fault, as Ellie had made the choice herself, but it didn't make him feel any better. He looked at his teddy bear, which had comfortably settled next to him on the bed, and mentally asked, "It's not because of me, is it?" The bear seemed to look at him reproachfully, as if to say, "What a mess you've made, buddy."

The silence was broken by Eva's voice, "Well, Alex, get dressed and let's go have breakfast."

Alex, still dazed and upset by the morning's events, replied, "Fine." The boy threw off the blanket, got out of bed, and shuffled over to the wardrobe. Opening the door, Alex took out a gray T-shirt and black shorts. His choice of clothes perfectly reflected his mood.

The boy gave an expressive look to the nanny holding the Elly. Eva caught the hint: "Ah yes, sorry." She quickly left the room and closed the door behind her. Finally finding the privacy he desired, Alex unzipped his pajamas. He slowly removed the cozy onesie, neatly folded it, and put it away in the wardrobe, leaving himself standing in just a diaper.

"Dry," the boy noted to himself. On any other day, he would have been happy about this fact, but not today.

Alex approached the dresser, took out some underwear, and was about to change when suddenly the door to the nursery flew open, and little Ellie appeared in the doorway.

"Alex wears a diaper!" the girl cheerfully shouted.

Alex was dumbfounded by such an unceremonious intrusion and, not finding anything better to say, replied, "It's dry!" Then, after a little thought, he added, "and it's just for nighttime." However, it was impossible to stop Ellie now. The girl whirled out of the room and ran down the hotel corridor, excitedly shouting and telling the world what seemed to be Alex's most intimate secret:

"Alex wears a diaper! Alex wears a diaper!"

The boy's face turned all shades of red, and quickly pulling on his shorts and grabbing his T-shirt, he ran after Ellie, trying to protect his darkest secret.

Alex ran as fast as he could, but Ellie was surprisingly agile for her new age. The girl's cries about the diaper echoed through the hotel corridors. The boy's hopes were fading with each new mention of him and this childish item.

Suddenly, at one of the corridor intersections, Eva appeared. She quickly grabbed the cheerfully shouting Ellie, covering her mouth with her palm, and whispered something in her ear. Ellie suddenly fell silent, and tears appeared in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Alex," Eva said, hugging Ellie and looking at the boy at the same time. "She's just too little and doesn't understand some things."

Alex, breathing heavily, knew it wasn't the time to be mad at Ellie. He nodded and said, "Okay, just... it's embarrassing."

Eva smiled and promised it wouldn't happen again. Alex and Ellie, hand in hand, headed to the dining room, where a delicious breakfast should have been waiting for them.

• Like 6

I'm surprised he didn't take the deal. I thought she thought he was going to be a 2 year old too. 

I figured out how she went to so many places before. 

And as for your writing it is very good. :-)

• Thanks 1

Hello again!

Thank you for continuing to follow Alex and Ellie's adventures. Please leave feedback and comments, it's very important!

And so, here we go:

On the walls hung ancient paintings depicting landscapes and portraits. The carpet on the floor was so plush that it absorbed the sound of the children's footsteps, creating no echo.

Alex led Ellie down the hotel corridor, immersed in his thoughts about the situation. The more he pondered what was happening, the more he realized that he was the cause of Ellie's current state. The boy blamed himself for not noticing the moment when Elizabeth ceased to be just a girl—the daughter of one of the hotel staff members with whom he played tea parties—and became a real friend. Ellie had been his support throughout his stay at the hotel, whether in his adult or child body. She had been with him when Alex first saw himself as a seven-year-old boy in the mirror, gave him strength after fighting with bullies with her kiss, supported him during the incident in the lobby, and ultimately, it was she who instilled in him hope for change.

Alex walked beside Ellie and involuntarily looked at her with a tender and worried gaze. Before, he could see her face at the same level as his own; now, he could only see her adorable curly top of head.

"Her, her, her," the word pulsed in the boy's head, filling him with warmth and guilt at the same time.

"And me...what am I? I threw a tantrum because of a diaper," Alex chided himself. "God, seriously? They tried to help me, and I, like a spoiled child, rejected their help," a solitary tear trickled from the corner of the boy's eye. "And even then, when I could have simply given up, transformed into a two-year-old and spent the rest of the time enjoying the simplicity of life, Ellie didn't want to let me go and followed me? What was she thinking… followed?"

Meanwhile, the three companions were approaching the hotel restaurant. The morning aroma of freshly baked bread and coffee suggested that they were getting close.

Alex could no longer think about everything that had happened and was happening. He stopped and knelt down so that his eyes were level with Ellie's. The girl turned to him, her face shining with simple childlike joy.

"Ellie, can you hear me? Forgive me! I'll fix everything," Alex uttered hoarsely, staring straight into her eyes.

For a moment, Ellie's gaze changed. Now she looked at Alex not as a younger sister looks at her older brother, but as before, when they were peers. The girl hugged Alex and whispered the same words she had said back in the hotel lobby:

"I'm here, with you, and together we'll overcome everything. Don't worry, okay?"

Alex remained silent, trying not to move. It seemed to him that if he stood like this with her for just a little longer, the old Ellie would return to him.

"Alex, enough hugging, I'm hungry," the girl said, scrunching her nose in dissatisfaction.

"Yes, yes, of course, let's go quickly," Alex replied, furtively wiping the tear that had run down his cheek.

So, hand in hand, the boy and girl entered the hotel restaurant.

Entering the dining room, they found their table. It was easily recognizable by the high chair, which stood out among the other furniture. Eva gracefully bent down, scooped Ellie up under her arms as if she were no heavier than a feather, and carefully seated the little girl in the high chair. The nanny and Alex sat down at the table, and a waiter approached them, ready to take their order.

"What can I get for you?" he asked, smiling warmly.

"A croissant and coffee for me, pancakes and cocoa for Alex, and porridge and milk for little Ellie," replied the nanny, holding a pink bib in her hand.

The waiter smiled, noted down the order, and promised to bring the food as quickly as possible.

The nanny tied the bib around Ellie's neck, then took a small toy dinosaur out of her bag to make the wait for breakfast less boring.

Only now did Alex realize that this was the first time the nanny had joined him for breakfast. He had never thought about it before, but now he understood that it was unusual.

"Eva, you usually don't have breakfast with your charges," remarked Alex, looking at the nanny.

Not at all flustered by the unexpected question, Eva replied:

"Yes, it's not part of my duties. But today is a special occasion," the nanny smiled.

At that moment, the waiter brought the food, and the aroma of coffee and fresh pastries filled the space around their table. Alex became lost in thought, meditatively slicing his pancakes and drizzling them with maple syrup and jam.

"What does breakfast and duties have to do with anything?" the boy thought to himself. "How can breakfast even be a duty?" As he pondered this, Alex watched Eva gently wiping Ellie's cheeks, clearing them of oatmeal drops. Then a single word flashed through Alex's mind. Family. "Of course, family breakfasts, she doesn't want to create the appearance of a family where there isn't one," the boy reasoned, munching on another piece of pancake. "That's precisely why Eva doesn't eat breakfast with her charges, so they don't get attached to her. Or so she doesn't get attached to them..." The boy's thoughts were interrupted when Ellie noticed the pancakes on Alex's plate and categorically refused to continue eating her oatmeal.

"Ellie, come on, eat your oatmeal, it's so delicious!" Eva coaxed, bringing a spoonful to the little girl's mouth.

"I don't want oatmeal! Mine doesn't taste good!" Ellie protested, turning away. "I want what Alex has."

Neither persuasion nor a story about a little dinosaur named Dino who loved to eat oatmeal in the mornings and grew strong could help. The girl was unyielding and stubbornly closed her mouth.

Alex silently and curiously watched the scene unfold. Finally, he made a decision.

"Can I give it a try?" Alex asked, standing up from his chair.

"Yes, please!" Eva agreed, having already lost all hope of feeding the girl and passing him the spoon.

Alex carefully scooped a little porridge onto his spoon and looked at Ellie. Then he brought the spoon to his lips and tasted it. "Mediocre," thought Alex, but he said out loud:

"Wow, I've never tasted anything this delicious in my life!" exclaimed the boy, opening his eyes as wide as he could.

"No way!" Ellie retorted. "It's just hot and boring!"

"No, no, you're wrong! Look at me!" Alex scooped up a full spoonful, ate it, and rolled his eyes in delight. "Mmm... So fragrant! So sweet! So tender!" he marveled.

"Come on!" Ellie didn't believe him.

"Really, really! I've never tried porridge like this in my life! Look how it shines! Look how it melts on your tongue! Look..." Alex continued to praise the porridge and pretended to eat it with great appetite.

"Then why are you eating pancakes?" asked the little girl.

"Ah, the pancakes... They're so ordinary... So tasteless... They just didn't have another serving of porridge," Alex grimaced in disgust. "You know what? Let's trade: I'll give you all my pancakes, and you give me all your porridge!"

This proposal intrigued Ellie. But she wasn't foolish and suspected a catch.

"Are you trying to trick me?" she asked cautiously.

"No, no! I'm an honest boy! I always tell the truth!" Alex assured her. "Look, I'm offering you a fair deal. For each spoonful of porridge you eat, I'll give you a piece of pancake. And then you can eat them yourself!" Alex explained his plan.

"Really?" Ellie was surprised.

"Yes!" Alex confirmed.

"Alright, let's do it!" Ellie agreed and opened her mouth.

"Great! The train is entering the tunnel," Alex accompanied each new spoonful with commentary and a piece of pancake. "Now the plane is requesting landing." The girl happily ate and didn't notice that the porridge wasn't as tasty as Alex said. She rejoiced with each new piece of pancake and soon had a whole pile of them on her plate.

"Hooray! We ate it all!" exclaimed Alex, patting the girl on the shoulder. "Now you can eat your pancakes!"

Ellie was delighted and started on her dessert.

"Where did you learn to handle children so well?" asked Eva, smiling. "I don't know, nanny," replied Alex, embarrassed, remembering that he had never had children in his adult life.

"You have a talent, Alex. You're a natural-born babysitter!" said the nanny, patting the boy on the head. All three laughed and continued their breakfast.

When they were finished eating, Eva wiped Ellie with a napkin and helped her out of her high chair. The happy girl ran toward the restaurant exit, and the nanny and Alex hurried after her.

"Thanks for the help, Alex," Eva thanked him, "you would be a great big brother for Ellie. And I also wanted to tell you that now I won't be able to give you as much time as before, I still need to take care of the baby," said the nanny, regret in her voice. Alex blushed at the compliment and cheerfully replied:

"No worries, I'm already a big boy, you don't need to babysit me."

"Do you want to join us for a walk now?" suggested the nanny. Alex, thinking that it would be a great opportunity to talk to Eva and try to find out more about how to return Elizabeth to her normal age, immediately agreed.

"We just need to go back to the room first and change the baby's diaper," the nanny continued, outlining the plans. "And by the way…" the nanny lowered her voice, "It's time for you to get rid of your night-time diaper! It seems you even forgot about it!"

She pointed to the boy's shorts, under which a white band could be seen, difficult to confuse with anything else.

"Oops!" was all Alex could say, pulling his shirt down. He still felt very uncomfortable because of this childish item.

"Alright, alright," Eva praised him with a smile: "You were still a good boy." And she added: "Meet us in the lobby in 20 minutes."

• Like 7

I believe that you have started a wonderful tale and possible universe.  Please, keep the story going to a logical conclusion

As for not being a native English speaker,  you have fooled many a person with your excellent use of my native tongue.  Please don't be embarrassed by the fact that you learned English. from a non native source.

As I have asked earlier, please continue work on this effort 

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, junyour said:

I believe that you have started a wonderful tale and possible universe.  Please, keep the story going to a logical conclusion

As for not being a native English speaker,  you have fooled many a person with your excellent use of my native tongue.  Please don't be embarrassed by the fact that you learned English. from a non native source.

As I have asked earlier, please continue work on this effort 

Thank you very much for your kind words. It's really important for me to get feedback. I'm not entirely sure about the beginning of the whole universe, though why not?  :) In fact, I already know how the story will end; all that remains is to figure out how to guide the characters to this conclusion  :)

Well, boys and girls, it's time for Alex's story to continue. Please leave your reviews and impressions, it doesn't matter if they are good or bad, as long as they are there. DON'T BE LAZY :)

Alex burst into his room and headed straight for the bathroom. His eyes settled on the bright drawings of monkeys and parrots that adorned the walls of his bathroom. They had appeared there after he agreed to participate in the hotel's extended leisure program and transformed from a 35-year-old man into a 7-year-old boy. "Well, they're quite cute," thought Alex and smiled. "Although I would have preferred something more serious. Like dinosaurs or astronauts." Remembering the purpose of his visit, Alex didn't dwell on his thoughts and quickly removed his shorts and unfastened the diaper's Velcro tapes. He carefully rolled it up and threw it in the trash. "Dry," he proudly said to himself. "I hope I can sleep without it soon." He put on new underwear with cartoon characters, which Alex considered quite grown-up, and left the bathroom.

In the nursery, on the bed, his plush friend was waiting for him. Alex approached it and hugged it. Then he looked it straight in the eyes and whispered, "Teddy, Ellie doesn't seem unhappy to me. Maybe she really likes being so small." The bear silently listened to his words, as if waiting for a continuation. Or maybe it was just asleep? Alex went on, "But how long can this last? A day? A week? A month? A year? Or even longer? And every morning you'll have a spoonful of porridge shoved into your mouth, and all you'll be able to do is shake your head?" These thoughts sent shivers down Alex's spine. He remembered that brief moment when he saw the eyes of the real Elizabeth - a 7-year-old girl - through the face of a two-year-old toddler. "No, this cannot go on," he decided. "I don't know how much time Elizabeth will have to spend at this age. I don't know how often she'll be able to return her consciousness and how long she'll be able to think like a big girl, and how much time it will take for Elizabeth to learn to cope with her new self." He continued to ponder, "And what if, when I leave here, she remains like this forever?" The thought made Alex's heart race, "No, I must find out how to help Elizabeth." He put the bear on the pillow and ran to the hotel hall, where Ellie and the nanny were already supposed to be waiting.

The teddy bear watched approvingly as the boy ran off.

Alex raced up the stairs like a tornado. His feet barely touched the steps; it was as if he were soaring through the air. The hotel staircase buzzed and shook under the weight of his footsteps. It was accustomed to peace and quiet, and if it could speak, it would certainly have protested: "Hey, kid! If you're in such a hurry, why don't you use the elevator?" The boy was running late because of his lengthy conversation with teddy bear and was very afraid that Eva and Elizabeth would leave without him. When there were only a few steps left, Alex leaped and in an instant covered the remaining distance. Terribly pleased with himself, he quickly looked around and saw the nanny and Ellie, who was sitting in a stroller. The girl was dressed in a white romper with pink lace on short sleeves. Her light hair was neatly gathered into two cute ponytails on the sides of her head, adorned with white hairpins. Alex ran up to them and cheerfully said:

"Hi, Ellie!"

Ellie turned and looked at him with her big blue eyes. Recognizing Alex, she smiled happily and waved her hands:

"Hi, Alex!"

"Are you ready for our adventure?" Alex asked.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Elizabeth shouted.

"Then let's go!" Alex said, and helped the nanny with the stroller to leave the hotel lobby.

The sun shone brightly and joyfully, and the sky was blue and cloudless. The air was filled with the scents of midsummer.

The trio headed to the playground near the hotel. Alex walked to the left of the stroller and watched Ellie. He couldn't believe that this was the same girl he had ridden on carousels with and strolled through gardens just a few days ago, discussing the countries they had both visited.

Ellie was excitedly examining the world around her: "Look, Alex, what a beautiful flower bed! There are roses, tulips, daffodils, and daisies! I love flowers! They're so colorful and fragrant!" The girl chattered and continued, "And over there, do you see the big fountain? How it splashes water! Can we climb in?"

"No, no, no!" Alex hastily objected. "We can't go in there! It's dangerous! And the nanny will be angry!"

"Why is it dangerous?" Elizabeth asked.

"Because... because..." Alex stumbled. He didn't know the exact answer himself.

"Because there might be dirty water or sharp objects in there," the nanny explained. "And if you fall or cut yourself, it will hurt."

"Oh!" Elizabeth exclaimed, frightened. "Then I don't want to climb in there!"

"Good girl!" the nanny praised her.

Alex let out a relieved sigh.

They turned a corner and saw a children's playground. Colorful slides, swings, and monkey bars shone in the sun. In the center of the playground was a huge sandbox. The nanny helped Elizabeth out of the stroller and set her on her feet. Without hesitation, Ellie ran to the sand.

It was already 11 o'clock in the morning, and nature around them had awakened. The sun was shining brightly and warmly. Birds were chirping and flying through the air, rejoicing in the new day.

Alex watched Ellie and felt anxious: "She's so happy and carefree. It seems like she doesn't care that she's not the same anymore. What if I was wrong and Ellie doesn't want to return to her real life? What if she likes being little and playing in the sand? And I interfere and ruin everything again?”

He stood and watched as Ellie skillfully shaped little cakes. He heard her laughter and saw her smile. He smelled the scent of sand and flowers. He felt the warmth of the sun on his skin. He thought about how quickly everything had changed.

"Brother, let's play together!" the girl called out to him.

"Brother..." Alex tried the word and involuntarily smiled. He approached the sandbox and joined the game.

Elizabeth showed Alex how to make different sand figures: castles, animals, flowers. She laughed and boasted about her creations.

"Look, big bro, what a beautiful rose I have!" she exclaimed, pointing at the flower she'd just made using a mold. "I want to give it to you!"

"Very beautiful!" Alex replied and smiled at her. "Thank you, little sister!"

"Now let's make a swan!" Elizabeth suggested.

"Alright, let's do it. But how?" Alex asked.

"Well, first you have to shape it like this," Elizabeth explained, showing him with her small hands. "Then attach the neck," the girl said as she inserted a twig into a pile of sand. "And draw feathers and legs. Like this!" She drew with her finger in the sand.

Alex helped her. He listened to her chatter and answered all her questions. He affectionately called her "little sister" and "princess." They were happy.

Doubts arose again in Alex's mind: "Should I have refused the chance to become a baby?" he wondered to himself. "Maybe the porter was right, and it would have been the best choice for me for the rest of my time? To sit in the sandbox, build castles, and sincerely rejoice in every blade of grass and butterfly? To play with Ellie and not worry about anything?"

"Alex, help, I can't do it." Alex looked up at Ellie, and he could no longer see the carefree ease on her childlike face. In Ellie's eyes was concentration. "It's hard for me to focus; two years old is too young. I thought I could... adapt... but I was wrong." Alex stared at the girl, his mouth agape, unable to believe his ears. These were the words of the Elizabeth he had known before. The words of a smart and cheerful girl who had comforted and supported him. The words that came from the mouth of a two-year-old toddler.

"Big bro, look, an ant," Ellie happily lay on her stomach and began watching as the ant carried a tiny straw.

• Like 6

Next part already here:

"She's in there, asking for help," these words wouldn't leave the boy's mind. He wanted to tell his nanny about it as soon as possible, but he didn't know how. Trying to maintain a calm tone, Alex addressed the little girl:

"Sis, I'm going to go to the nanny and ask her about something important, alright? I'll be back soon," he hoped that Ellie would be occupied with her ant and not pay attention to his departure. He had already managed to walk a meter and a half away from the sandbox, but the girl raised her curious eyes and asked:

"What?" her gaze indicated that she wasn't going to let him go that easily.

"Well... it's hard to explain," replied Alex, trying to avoid further questions. But he was mistaken. The girl understood that something much more interesting than an ant was about to happen. She jumped to her feet, ran up to the boy, and tilted her head up to see his eyes.

"What's hard to explain?" insisted Ellie.

Alex realized that he couldn't get away from Ellie. He sighed and decided to try to explain everything.

"Sis, I want to tell the nanny that you're asking for help," he said seriously.

"Why?" asked Ellie.

"Because you shouldn't be so small. You should be the same as me," explained Alex.

"Why?" repeated Ellie.

"Because... because it's better that way," said Alex, not knowing how else to explain.

"Why?" insisted Ellie, folding her arms across her chest. She was waiting for a convincing answer from her brother.

"Because... because I miss you," admitted Alex, lowering his head.

"Why?" asked Ellie.

"Because... because you're my very best friend," said Alex, hugging the girl.

It was the longest explanation of his life.

The girl smiled and tugged at his sleeve.

"Bend down," she said, kissed him on the cheek, and ran back to the sandbox to look for her ant.

Alex seized the moment and ran to the nanny, who was sitting nearby on a bench reading a book, occasionally glancing at the children.

"She's in there, asking for help," Alex, blushing, pointed towards the sandbox. "I mean, no... not in there, but inside her... she's not feeling well," the boy continued with his disjointed explanations.

The nanny put aside her book and gently took Alex by the shoulders.

"Sweetie, let's have you close your eyes right now, take two deep breaths, calm down, and explain what you're talking about," she said, her voice tense.

Alex followed the nanny's advice, but it didn't help much. His heart was pounding with excitement and ready to jump out of his chest. Gathering his thoughts, the boy tried to explain everything again.

"Ellie... our grown-up Ellie... she just spoke to me!" tears began to well up in the boy's eyes. "She said she can't cope... she said she made a mistake!" tears streamed down Alex's cheeks. "She's not feeling well, nanny! I have to help her... it's all my fault." The boy couldn't continue. He hugged his nanny, buried his nose in her shoulder, and sobbed bitterly. Eva felt his trembling and heard his sobs. She stroked Alex's head, calmed him down, and said that they would figure something out. But she herself had only one thought swirling in her head: "Elizabeth isn't coping?"

Meanwhile, Ellie noticed that Alex had gone to the nanny. She saw the nanny stroking his head and comforting him. She abandoned her ant and ran to Alex.

"Brother... don't cry... everything is fine," she said and hugged his leg.

Gradually, Alex calmed down.

"Well, it's time for us to get changed," said Eva, picking up Ellie in her arms. The nanny took a clean diaper out of her bag and addressed Alex:

"Let the girls have some privacy," she requested in a quiet voice.

Alex quickly turned away. He remembered Ellie as an independent and smart girl who was always ready to help him. And now she was so vulnerable. Alex didn't want to be present at what seemed to him like a personal moment.

The boy moved away and squatted on the grass. A warm summer breeze played with his hair. Alex looked up at the sky and thought. He wanted to help her but didn't know how. How could he bring her back to her normal state?

After a few minutes, Eva called him back.

"All done," she said with a smile.

Alex approached Elizabeth and saw her in a new dress with butterflies. His eyes widened in admiration. Ellie looked so cute and charming! The dress was white, with red stripes on the edges. There was a large white butterfly sewn onto the chest, and small butterflies of different colors adorned the skirt. White socks and shoes graced her legs.

"You look so beautiful," he blurted out.

Elizabeth giggled happily.

"It's time for Ellie to rest," announced the nanny. It was nap time, and time for Alex to feel older than his friend.

"Nooo!" protested Ellie. "I don't want to sleep! I want to play!"

"Please...", Alex gently requested. "For me..."

Surprisingly, Elizabeth agreed. Eva put her in the stroller, slightly reclined the backrest for Ellie's comfort, and gave her a bottle of milk.

Alex looked at Elizabeth in amazement. He thought that by two years old, children were already done with bottles. Eva noticed his astonishment and said, "Everyone is different, dear, and at seven years old, you can sometimes use a bottle if you really want to." This statement made the boy blush. He looked at Ellie, who was already starting to doze off.

"Sleep tight," he whispered.

Eva smiled and headed towards the park. Alex walked beside her, holding onto the stroller handle.

They slowly entered the park. Tree canopies lazily swayed under the breath of a light summer breeze, the sounds of nature subsided in anticipation of the midday summer heat. Alex and Eva leisurely walked along the main alley and turned onto a small winding path. From the side, everything looked like a family idyll: a mother and her older son strolling with their little one. In a way, that's how it was. They went deeper into the park and stopped by a bench. Eva looked into the stroller and saw that Ellie was already asleep, a sweet smile playing on the girl's lips. The nanny carefully took the bottle from the girl's relaxed hand and put it away in her bag. Eva sat down on the bench and invited the boy to join her. Alex, trying not to make any noise, settled down next to the nanny.

"Alex, what do you know about Ellie?" the nanny looked attentively at the boy. The boy didn't expect such a conversation starter and was a bit confused, but then he collected himself and began to list the few facts he knew about his friend:

"Well, she's... kind, beautiful, and fun to be with," Alex earnestly described his friend. The nanny, smiling, gently interrupted the boy, who again blushed for some reason when thinking about Ellie.

"No, sweetheart, I didn't mean that." - pausing for a moment, Eva continued, "I'm talking about who she is. You're a smart boy, and you must have guessed that Elizabeth is not an ordinary girl." - pausing again, the nanny added, "In this place, there's hardly anything that can be called 'ordinary'" - and smiled.

Alex nodded in agreement. "Yes, Ellie is an amazing girl. She knows so much and asks questions that are not typical for children. And she's very..." The boy hesitated, searching for the right word. "Very generous," he finally said.

Eva smiled, and Alex continued, "And she told me she's been to so many different countries, more than any child in the world could ever visit. And I realized she's an extraordinary girl." Alex looked down at his feet, clad in bright children's sneakers with Velcro straps. Just a few days ago, he couldn't have imagined wearing such shoes instead of his formal business shoes. He laughed, "And I'm not exactly an ordinary boy either," he added cheerfully.

"Quiet," Eva gently requested. "You'll wake Ellie." The boy nodded silently.

"So, as you've already figured out, Ellie wasn't always like this," the nanny began her story. To Alex, it seemed as if the foliage above their heads had grown thicker, protecting their conversation from prying ears and the girl's sleep from the summer heat.

"Elizabeth was one of the first guests to use our extended program," Eva continued. "She came to us back in 1930." The boy's eyes widened. He had assumed that Ellie was older than seven but had no idea by how much. The nanny's next sentence completely stunned him: "She was not much older than you as an adult: she was 36 or 38 years old - I don't remember exactly."

Alex lowered his head and started counting on his fingers: "One hundred minus thirty plus twenty-three and another 36 equals...". The boy paused and said aloud, "129 years?". Eva smirked, "It's impolite to ask a girl about her age. You should already know that, young man."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Alex became flustered.

"So," the nanny continued, "most of our guests just want to immerse themselves in childhood. For them, it's an adventure, nothing more. But for Ellie...". At the mention of her name, the girl stirred in her stroller. The nanny began to gently and slowly rock her so the little one wouldn't wake up. After a few moments, Ellie settled down. "So, for Ellie, this was a necessity, a form of psychotherapy. At the beginning of the Great Depression - and I think you've heard about that event…"

Alex nodded affirmatively. After all, for most of his life, he had been an adult man, and only for the past few days, a seven-year-old boy.

"At the beginning of the Great Depression, Ellie lost everything: her job, her parents, her family. She never went into detail about how it happened. And nobody ever asked," said the nanny, rocking the stroller. Alex expressed his interest with his whole appearance and sat silently. The boy tried to breathe as quietly as possible, and the nanny continued, "And by a lucky coincidence, she ended up with us. We offered Ellie to start her journey at the age of 20: at this age, all problems are perceived more lightly, after all, you're young and your whole life is ahead of you. But Ellie insisted on a younger age: as you probably already understood - it was seven years old."

Alex interrupted Eva's story: "But why exactly seven?"

"Elizabeth said that she wanted to overlay her adult experiences with her new childlike perception, but at the same time, she didn't want to turn into a complete baby. I suppose it was logical, but extremely dangerous," the nanny explained.

"Why?" Alex wondered.

"Remember yourself and your first sensations when you saw yourself in the mirror," the nanny replied seriously. "And then multiply that by a thousand adult experiences of Ellie's life and put it into the mind of a seven-year-old child. The psyche might simply not withstand it." Alex was embarrassed; he realized he had said something foolish. Eva continued: "Elizabeth was very persistent and stubborn, and in the end, she got her way."

"What happened next?" Alex couldn't wait.

The nanny smiled:

"Surprisingly quickly, she adapted to her new appearance. Of course, it didn't happen without consequences, but Ellie was a trooper. In the end, she managed to combine adult experience and childlike spontaneity in her new body. It was amazing. You saw the result yourself." And she continued: "The program for Elizabeth was coming to an end, but she didn't want to return to her adult life: she simply had nowhere and no reason to go back."

"And they let her stay!" the boy guessed.

Eva nodded: "Yes, they let her stay, but on the condition that she would help our guests."

"Guests?" Alex was surprised. "During my entire stay at the hotel, I haven't met anyone except the staff."

"Of course," the nanny smiled. "I'm sure you wouldn't want anyone to see you as a seven-year-old or, goodness forbid, a two-year-old baby." Alex thoughtfully nodded: "Yes, you're right," he said. "But how does it work?"

"It just works, let's leave it at that," the nanny smiled and continued the story about Elizabeth. "In any case, Ellie was magnificent: she helped so many guests accept themselves, she was unstoppable. But then everything changed."

"I appeared," the boy said sadly.

"Chin up!" the nanny encouraged him. "Your arrival shook Ellie up; I haven't seen her so invigorated in a long time."

Alex smiled shyly.

"Well, you know the rest: what happened, happened. And that's why your words about Ellie not coping really upset me," Eva finished her story.

"What should I do now?" Alex looked at the nanny, not understanding. The boy was clearly waiting for advice. "Try talking to Arthur, maybe he can suggest something, but be careful with him: he's..." The nanny searched for the right word. "...he's not as simple as he seems. I'll discuss the situation with him too."

At that moment, the stroller trembled and an offended child's cry came from it. Ellie was terribly upset that she had missed everything and began to protest against her nap. The nanny and Alex hurried back to the hotel, distracting and calming the inconsolable baby on the way.

"Who's Arthur?" Alex asked loudly, addressing the nanny when they returned to the hotel lobby.

"Allow me to introduce myself, Sir Alex: Arthur," the porter bowed respectfully.

"Hello," was all Alex could manage before he ran to his room. The boy clearly didn't expect such a turn of events.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, kerry said:

I am truly enjoying this story, but I can't understand why Alex reacts this way to the porter.

I think the boy was expecting to see someone like a hotel owner. Besides, this is the first mention of the porter's name. And in general, children sometimes react strangely  :)

Thank you all for your feedback. Let's go on :

Alex rushed into his nursery and collapsed onto the bed. After lying face down in the pillow for a couple of minutes, he rolled over and saw his stuffed friend lying next to him. The bear looked the boy straight in the eye. "Teddy, you won't believe what happened to me today!" Alex exclaimed and picked up the bear. He began to recount all the adventures that had happened to him in the first half of the day. The boy told about the sandbox and the ant, how beautiful Ellie was, even though she was small, about the terrible secret of Elizabeth, and that if it weren't for the hotel, she would already be 129 years old! He also mentioned that Arthur was actually the hotel's porter. Alex spoke so quickly and emotionally that he could barely breathe. The boy confided in the bear all his thoughts and feelings without holding back. The grateful stuffed listener didn't take his eyes off the story and didn't interrupt him once. It seemed impolite to do so.

"And today I'll go to Arthur and ask him how to bring Elizabeth back," Alex finished his story. The boy breathed heavily: emotions overwhelmed him. "I have to help her," concluded the young knight - yes, it was precisely as a knight from his dreams that Alex felt himself now.

The boy spent the rest of the day wandering around the hotel. He visited Ellie a couple of times to play, but his thoughts were occupied with the upcoming conversation.

It was getting dark. Alex returned to his room and approached the window. Outside, clouds were gathering, and the first drops of the long-awaited storm were ready to reveal themselves to the world. "Symbolic," crossed the boy's mind. He felt the tension rising in his veins. "Well, it's time to get ready," Alex went into the nursery. A teddy, always ready to give silent advice, awaited him on the bed. "Changing the body entails changing the mind," Alex recalled the porter's words and, looking at the bear, quietly said, "Sorry, buddy, not today." Today he had to find out how to bring Elizabeth back, and for that, he needed to remain as grown-up as possible - and a stuffed bear was clearly not helpful.

He opened the closet and surveyed his boyish wardrobe: a bunch of colorful T-shirts stared at him from hangers, shorts and funny socks vied to offer their services. "No, it's all wrong," Alex sorted through the clothes. He would have given a lot right now for his dark gray business suit. "Look the way you want to be treated," Alex recalled his adult life.

In the end, he chose blue jeans and a dark long-sleeve shirt. Dressed, the boy critically examined himself in the mirror: he tried to look serious and confident.

"You can do it!" he commanded himself and headed for the elevator with a determined, measured stride.

"Be careful with him," the nanny's warning echoed in his head.

"Don't worry, Eva, I definitely will," Alex mentally replied to her.

Descending in the elevator to the hotel lobby, he found Arthur, who stood as always behind the reception desk. Arthur was a tall and sturdy middle-aged man. His black hair was neatly combed back. He wore an elegant jacket and tie, which emphasized his status as a porter. It was evident from his face that Arthur had mentally finished his workday and was waiting for when he could devote the evening to himself.

"Tired, wants to finish his workday quickly, doesn't want to deal with other people's problems," Alex assessed his opponent.

The first drops of rain fell outside the window.

"Arthur, good evening," Alex began his conversation courteously.

"Oh, sir, good evening. I'm surprised to see you at such a late hour, can't you sleep?" Arthur replied, emphasizing his politeness by raising his eyebrows. "Shall I call the nanny to help you?"

"Trying to put me in the position of a child and himself in the position of an adult... clever," the boy assessed his opponent's words and said aloud, "No, not at all! She has her hands full with Ellie right now. I don't think it's worth bothering her over trivial matters."

"As you say, sir. Allow me to express my admiration for your outfit today. It's so grown-up! Honestly, I'm more used to seeing you in clothes more suitable for your age," the porter continued his onslaught, trying to unsettle his opponent.

"Arthur! I'm 35! What could be more suitable than jeans and a sweater?" Alex parried the attack with a wide smile on his face and immediately seized the initiative: "Let's sit down. I think we have a couple of topics to discuss." With these words, the boy headed to a chair in the lobby and gestured for the porter to join him.

Arthur approached and sat in the chair. The chair creaked discontentedly, apparently, it was also ready to finish its shift. There was a polite smile on the porter's face, but his eyes betrayed fatigue and unwillingness to listen or explain. And Alex, looking into his opponent's eyes, began:

"Arthur! I'm sure you know what happened to Elizabeth!" The boy decided not to beat around the bush and asked the main question.

"Oh yes, sir! Miss Elizabeth decided to transform a bit," the porter replied with irony in his voice. "Well, that's her right."

Alex continued to press on:

«Come on, Arthur. We all saw the consequences. I'm less interested in them than the process... and how to reverse it."

"Sir, I'm afraid it's impossible," the porter feigned sorrow on his face.

"Well, who said it would be easy?" thought the boy and continued: "If someone had told me a week ago that I would turn into a seven-year-old kid and my best friend would become a 129-year-old girl, I would have laughed at them..." Alex decided to show his awareness: "...and I would have said that I've never heard such nonsense in my life and it's impossible. But now I understand that the word 'impossible' is highly overrated."

The porter's expression changed, and he crossed his arms over his chest: "What else do you know?" - there was no trace of his former politeness and courtesy left.

"Only that I need to return my friend to her normal age. So she doesn't wet her diaper with excitement every time she sees a butterfly," - leaning forward, Alex said in a calm voice.

The porter leaned back in his chair and silently began studying his opponent. The boy sat there, feeling his entire nature being dissected atom by atom.

After a few minutes, Arthur sighed. There was no trace of his former aggression left. His gaze had become tired.

"Let's go, Alex," - he said and approached the window behind which the rain was already pouring down with all its fury. Still not trusting his opponent, Alex stood beside Arthur.

They stood by the window in the spacious hotel lobby. Beyond the glass, somewhere far away, the lights of the big city were visible.

"I miss our Elizabeth very much, too," - the porter began: "But unfortunately, you can't just jump from age to age. I think you know about physics, and the law of conservation of energy hasn't been canceled."

"What physics?" - said Alex, raising his eyebrows in amazement: "A unicorn might appear any minute and carry us all away to a magical land."

"Don't be sarcastic," - the porter continued his explanations. "Imagine that age is a kind of money that can be transferred from person to person. Of course, there is a commission to limit the number of transactions."

Alex couldn't believe what he was hearing. It seemed to him that he had found himself inside some fantastic movie, the plot of which was approaching its climax.

«So, not every age might suit another person, in this property age is very much like blood, you know... group, rhesus.... Anyway, it's all so complicated that I don't really understand how it happens," Arthur pulled a flask from the inner pocket of his jacket and took a sip. "Sorry I didn't offer any. You're not allowed yet," he said with a sadly smile.

Alex stood silently. A drink wouldn't hurt right now.

"So to get Elizabeth back, we need a suitable age that will take hold?" he asked Arthur.

"Yes, that's correct," the porter confirmed and took another sip.

"Alright, let's give it a try. What age can we count on?" Alex was ready to make a deal.

Arthur turned and looked at him. There was genuine curiosity in his eyes. He put away the flask, took out a notepad and pen, and began making some calculations.

"Age transfer... plus commission... urgency of the deal... the total is," he mumbled under his breath. In the end, the porter circled a number and handed the paper to Alex.

Alex looked at the sheet and said, "Agreed. Let's close the deal." The porter nodded silently.

Alex turned and walked to the elevator. The elevator made a sound when the doors opened, and the boy took a step forward into the open door but suddenly stopped and turned around: "Arthur, tell me, do many people want to add years to themselves?"

The man smiled and replied, "Sir, you wouldn't believe it." And after a little thought, he added: "Thank you."

Alex slowly opened the door to his room and cautiously entered. It was quiet and calm inside, and a real storm was raging outside the window.

Taking his time, Alex headed to the bathroom, undressed, and turned on the warm shower. The water touched his skin, running down his chest and back. The boy closed his eyes and immersed himself in his thoughts, recalling the conversation with Arthur. "I just hope it works," he thought, feeling the tension clench his teeth. "Just get Ellie back."

Gradually, the water streams washed away all his worries and concerns, carrying them off with tiny droplets. Alex sighed, feeling free and light. He opened his eyes and looked at the elephant painted on the wall. The little elephant seemed happy, with a smile on its face, and Alex smiled back at it.

The nursery was quiet and cozy. The nightlight on the nightstand cast a warm glow on everything within reach of its rays. Alex sat on the edge of the bed and picked up his favorite teddy bear. Glancing at the nightstand, the boy noticed that the usual glass of milk and cookies were missing. "Teddy, I think I miss it," Alex whispered, holding the plush toy close to him.

He then walked over to the dresser where his pajamas and diaper were stored. Picking them up, he remembered the nanny's words: "Don't run away from problems, solve them." Alex smiled. "I'm solving them," he said confidently. He put on the diaper, climbed into his cozy onesie pajamas, and lay down in bed, hugging the stuffed toy tightly.

"Good night, teddy," he whispered before falling asleep.

Outside, the storm continued to rage, but the nursery was filled with soft light.

Alex woke up in the middle of the night, lying on his back and staring at the ceiling. The storm was still raging, and the room was periodically lit up by lightning. Alex looked at his hands; they hadn't changed at all since the previous evening. "Did it not work?" the boy wondered. He tried to turn onto his side but bumped into something soft. Carefully lifting the blanket, he saw Ellie. "Got scared of the storm and sneaked into my room," the boy smiled, looking at the two-year-old toddler. Alex gently adjusted the blanket, closed his eyes, and returned to the land of his dreams.

• Like 2

And continuing right now:

A fresh morning breeze blew into the nursery through the slightly open window. It carried with it the scent of a receding storm - electricity and damp earth. It played with the clothes on the back of the chair, gently caressed the toys on the floor, and tried to crawl under the blanket to the sleeping Alex, but couldn't. Finally, it rose higher, tickled the boy's nose with its cool breath, and dissolved into the air.

The boy woke up because his finger had slipped out of his mouth. He felt strange and awkward. "What's happening to me?" he thought as he sat up in bed. Ellie wasn't there. "The nanny must have taken her while I was asleep," he decided and jumped onto the floor. But instead of standing firmly on his feet, he staggered and nearly fell. The bed was too high for him. "No way! Did it really work?" Alex rushed to the mirror. There, a chubby-cheeked four-year-old boy in blue pajamas with a bear on his chest smiled at him. The boy looked at himself from all sides, there was no doubt, the deal had been made! He managed to transfer Ellie's age to himself.

Alex examined his face: his cheeks had become plump, his eyes larger, and his features even more delicate and childlike. He had shrunk in height by a good fifteen centimeters, if not more. The little one touched his chin and hair, still trying to comprehend what had happened.

Joy and anxiety battled in his heart. He was happy for Ellie, but he himself had become even more vulnerable and dependent.

Alex couldn't wait to see Elizabeth. He hurriedly opened the wardrobe to change, but found that all his clothes were now too big for him. The little one tried to pull jeans and a T-shirt over his pajamas, but they fell off him like a doll's clothes.

"Well, I'll go as I am," the boy decided and tucked his stuffed bear under his arm. With a determined look, he left the room.

Alex walked down the hallway soundlessly. The plush carpet hid the sound of his little footsteps. The boy involuntarily examined the surroundings: the doors to the rooms now seemed enormous, the portraits of unfamiliar people on the walls suddenly began to frighten him. Under their gaze, he felt extremely uneasy.

Alex reached the stairs and looked down. "So high!" the boy pursed his lips, but immediately brightened: "There's an elevator!" Alex ran towards the elevator. He was lucky: the elevator was on his floor, and its doors opened invitingly, revealing a rich inner world. Alex rushed inside and pressed the button for the first floor... Nothing happened. "Is it broken?" the child wondered. He started pressing different buttons, but the elevator didn't budge. Alex stared at his reflection in the mirrored elevator wall, perplexed.

"You don't weigh enough," a voice came from under his armpit.

Alex pulled out the teddy bear and stared at it: "So you're alive?" he asked.

"Of course! But only in your imagination," the plush animal replied, adding: "And that suits me just fine."

"What should I do then?" Alex asked, hoping for some useful advice.

"Gain some weight," the bear giggled.

"Very funny," the boy frowned, "Guess I'll have to take the stairs and you'll help me." Alex put his friend back under his armpit and hurried back to the staircase.

Now it took much more time and effort to move. Alex approached the stairs, holding the bear with one hand and grabbing the railing with the other. Stepping carefully from one stair to the next, the boy hesitantly descended. It seemed that the stairs recognized him: they remembered how just yesterday, as a seven-year-old, he had raced down them headlong. Now, he treaded respectfully and cautiously. Stairs aren't the kind of things that hold grudges for long. If they could talk, they would surely encourage the boy on his challenging journey: "Careful, little one! One step, now the next. Don't rush!"

Alex reached the bottom of the stairs and found himself in a spacious lobby, which now seemed simply gigantic!

Arthur, as usual, was dutifully working in the lobby, looking as unruffled and impeccable as ever. Upon seeing Alex in pajamas and with a teddy bear, the porter smiled and greeted him:

"Hello, Sir Alex!" he said with a smile. "I'm glad to see that everything worked out. Allow me to compliment you: your new pajamas suit you very well!"

"What a joker!" a voice came from under the boy's armpit. The bear clearly disliked Arthur.

Alex didn't know how to react to these words. He felt foolish and awkward in his childish attire in front of this man, but Arthur seemed sincere.

"Thank you! Where's Ellie?" Alex decided not to focus on his appearance.

"Miss Elizabeth? Unfortunately, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing her today. But I think she went for a morning walk with her nanny, and I'm sure they'll be back soon," the porter was, as always, polite and impeccably courteous.

At that moment, the nanny entered the lobby. She held the hand of the enchanting Ellie, a four-year-old girl.

Elizabeth looked at Alex, abruptly pulled her hand from the nanny's grip, and without a word, dashed towards the boy. She hugged him tightly just above the elbows, so he couldn't lift his arms. Her cheek pressed against the embroidered bear on his pajamas.

Alex stood as if rooted to the ground.

"Hey, buddy, she's going to suffocate us," the stuffed bear exclaimed. But the boy didn't care: tears streamed down his cheeks.

Meanwhile, Eva carefully walked along the wall, past the pots of palms adorning the hotel lobby, and approached the counter where Arthur was jotting something down in his work journal. His face showed no emotion except concentration.

"Aren't they just adorable?" the nanny gazed at the embracing children.

"Yes, quite possibly," the porter replied without enthusiasm, continuing to make his entries. Eva turned her gaze to him. "You've always been a stick in the mud," she said with a smile. "But look at them: they're simply happy to be here and now. What do you think?" she continued, beaming.

The porter put down his pen, closed the journal, carefully looked at the nanny, and sighed deeply: "I think I made the biggest mistake of my life yesterday."

Eva's smile faded. "Please explain," she asked cautiously.

"You see," Arthur began, "Alex has already experienced the bitterness of loss. Do you think he can endure another one?"

With those words, the porter took out another journal and continued making entries. The nanny stood, watching the happy children, thinking, "He's right, guests eventually leave, sooner or later."

Finally releasing Alex, Elizabeth examined her friend:

"You've become so little," the girl smiled, "and cute."

Alex imagined how silly he must look now: tear-streaked in his child's pajamas with a stuffed bear, standing in the middle of the vast hotel lobby. But the boy couldn't think of anything better to say than simply, "Yeah," and smile in response.

"Let's go for a walk," suggested Ellie, taking Alex by the hand. "The weather is simply wonderful after the night storm."

"Let's go," agreed Alex.

"Not so fast, my dears. We still have a lot to do," came the voice of the nanny, who had finished contemplating and returned to her immediate duties. "Ellie, you haven't had breakfast yet, and I'm sure Alex hasn't either." She said with a gentle but confident voice. "Besides, it's high time for Alex to get dressed. Wearing pajamas at this time of day is simply unacceptable!" Eva concluded, crushing the hope of a walk.

"Get dressed? Me?" Alex mentally repeated the words spoken by the nanny. "Oh!" the boy cried out in surprise when the nanny picked him up and carried him towards his room. "Elizabeth, wait for me in the hall!" she addressed the girl.

"No, I'll go with you." The girl's tone didn't allow for refusal. Eva shrugged, "As you wish."

With Alex in her arms, she approached the elevator and pressed the button. Something rumbled behind the closed doors, then a welcoming "ding" sounded, and the elevator opened its doors. All three entered the cabin, and the nanny pressed the button for the top floor, where Alex's room was located.

"I'm being carried to my room... to get dressed," the realization of what was happening finally began to dawn on the boy, and he protested, "Eva, let me go! I can walk on my own and I can get dressed by myself too!" Alex defended his freedom and independence. The nanny didn't insist. She gently put the boy on his feet. Alex, filled with a sense of self-worth, straightened his pajamas. Upon entering the room, Elizabeth sat on the couch and began examining a children's book, of which there were plenty in Alex's room. Alex hurried to the bathroom, followed by Eva.

"Eva, please! I can do it myself!" the boy pleaded, raising his eyebrows as he stood in front of the bathroom door.

"Yes, of course," the nanny agreed. "I should have shown a bit more tact," she added, an apology in her voice. "I was too emotional about your reunion with Elizabeth. Besides," the nanny continued, "as far as I remember, you didn't mind some help, so I thought you wouldn't mind help on the first day of your new age."

"Should have," Alex muttered under his breath so that no one could hear and closed himself in the bathroom.

Having made sure that no one would disturb him, Alex took off his pajamas and assessed the diaper. This time there was nothing to be proud of: it was wet. "Oh, these transitions from one age to another," the boy grumbled to himself. Approaching the bathtub, the little one realized that the nanny's offer to help was not superfluous. As a seven-year-old, he was still tall enough to figure out how to climb into the huge bathtub, but a four-year-old had no chance.

Eva and Elizabeth were sitting on the couch, looking at books when suddenly the click of the bathroom door lock sounded. They looked up from the book and saw Alex's face behind the door: "Eva! I need help!" said the boy, who looked very embarrassed.

"Of course, just a minute," the nanny got up from the couch and headed for the door behind which Alex was waiting. Ellie also hurried to help her friend.

"ONLY EVA!" Alex quickly stopped his friend, trying to maintain some remnants of privacy.

Elizabeth giggled, "You're so funny," and returned to the couch.

The nanny went into the bathroom and closed the door behind her. "What happened, sunshine?" she asked. "I'm too small to get into the bathtub," Alex admitted sheepishly.

"Oh, that's all? No problem," Eva easily picked up the boy and gently placed him in the center of the huge bathtub with yellow edges. "When you're done, call me. I'll help you get out," the nanny said, closing the door behind her.

Alex turned on the shower and began to wash himself. He caught himself thinking that now many things that used to be easy and understandable for him would have to be learned again. The bathtub incident was just another example of that.

When he finished, Alex turned off the water and called the nanny: "I'm done." A couple of minutes later, the door opened, and the nanny entered with a huge, fluffy white towel in her hands. Without hesitating, she pulled Alex out of the bathtub and began to dry him off. Before the little one could figure out what was going on, the nanny picked him up and carried him into the living room where Elizabeth was sitting. Leaving Alex wrapped in a towel, Eva announced: "I need to go get your new clothes" and left the room.

"You look like a real baby now!" Elizabeth said cheerfully and laughed, making Alex blush.

A minute later, Eva returned with fresh clothes for Alex: it was the same T-shirt and shorts, just smaller in size and with more childish drawings.

"Underpants or diaper?" Eva held out her hands, giving the boy a choice.

Elizabeth giggled.

"Underpants," Alex replied curtly. Taking the clothes, he disappeared under the towel. "We'll still need to have that talk about personal boundaries," the boy thought to himself.

Having finished dressing and eating breakfast, the children were finally left to their own devices and happily ran outside to get some fresh air. Ellie quickly grabbed Alex's hand and led him to the inner courtyard of the hotel where they had first met. The boy followed her, allowing Ellie to enjoy all the benefits of returning from the age of two.

When they stepped into the courtyard, Alex froze. The hotel's inner courtyard had been cozy before, but now it had become simply magical.

The air was filled with freshness and the scent of flowers. After the rain, a shiny mirror had appeared on the ground, which had not yet dried and reflected the bright blue sky. Butterflies and beetles flew everywhere, rejoicing in the temporary respite from the summer heat. Alex was drawn to a large blue butterfly, which gracefully moved from flower to flower, feasting on nectar.

Alex cautiously approached it and began to observe: "She landed on another flower, unfurled her proboscis, and is diligently drinking nectar," the boy mentally narrated the events and smiled.

Ellie carefully approached Alex and quietly asked, "It's magical, isn't it?"

"Yes," the boy replied, mesmerized, but then quickly snapped out of it: "Since when did I start admiring butterflies?" a thought flashed through his mind. Alex stood perplexed, wondering what was happening to him: "Could this new age really be affecting me so much?"

Suddenly he remembered the morning's misunderstanding with the bathtub, and now it no longer seemed harmless to him, but rather significant and painful. Alex continued to feel sorry for himself, and the more he pitied himself, the more he wanted to cry. "All I do is cry," the boy thought to himself.

These thoughts made him feel even worse.

Ellie, noticing that something strange was happening to her friend, decided to interrupt the flow of his sad thoughts. She tugged on his hand and suggested, "Let's go to the bench!" The boy, who was so abruptly pulled out of his distress, replied, "Yes, let's go."

They approached the bench and climbed onto it. The bench was clearly meant for older guests. "I never did say thank you," Elizabeth began the conversation.

"Oh, don't mention it, it's nothing," the boy said.

The conversation clearly wasn't going smoothly, and Alex was retreating into his thoughts. Noticing this, Ellie made another attempt: "How did you manage to convince Arthur?"

"He missed you himself," the boy replied distantly. He was once again preoccupied with butterflies.

Ellie understood what was happening to Alex. She had experienced it three times herself: first when she agreed to participate in the program, then when she found herself at the age of two, and finally, today, in her new four-year-old body.

"Feeling overwhelmed?" she asked the boy.

"What do you mean?" the boy didn't understand the question.

"Emotions! They engulf you like a wave and carry you out to sea. You try to get out, but the more you resist, the further and faster it sweeps you away. Then you give in and just swim and wait for the wave to return you to shore," Ellie explained.

Alex stared at his friend in surprise. She had described everything that was happening to him with great accuracy. Ellie could see that she hit the mark and asked, "Do you want to learn how to deal with it?"

"Yes," Alex agreed.

"Look, it's all pretty simple, you just need to practice," the girl began to explain. "The first thing you need to understand is that you can control your emotions, that you are their master, not the other way around."

Alex nodded.

"Second, when you feel something, identify what it is, just tell yourself, I'm angry or I'm happy," the girl continued. "Then ask yourself why you felt it, and finally, say what you want to do to either have or avoid this situation in the future." Finishing her explanation, Ellie laughed and added, "Yeah, it's hard at first, but then you get used to it."

The children sat on the bench, swinging their legs in the air. Ellie enjoyed the birdsong and gazed at the sky, watching the clouds drift by. Meanwhile, Alex diligently repeated to himself the instructions he had received from the girl.

"Alright, I'm ready to give it a try," said Alex, hopping off the bench.

"Sure, no problem!" Elizabeth cheerfully replied. She leisurely got off the bench and, at the same moment, strongly stepped on her friend's foot, causing him pain.

"Ouch!" the boy yelped, both from pain and surprise. His eyes watered from the hurt.

"I feel hurt," Alex began saying to himself. "I'm hurt because I didn't expect my friend to cause me pain." Alex felt the surging wave of emotion begin to slow down. "I'll ask her not to do that again. She's my friend, she'll listen to my request," Alex finished. He repeated the resulting mantra to himself a few more times and calmed down.

"You did it on the first try!" Ellie excitedly grabbed the boy's hands. "Please don't do that again," Alex replied, looking into his friend's eyes.

"Alright," she nodded, understanding that maybe it had been a bit too much.

At that moment, Eva entered the courtyard. The nanny brought an afternoon snack of sweet yogurt and juicy fruits. The hungry children quickly devoured their plates and resumed their practice.

The sun shone brighter and brighter. Puddles began to dry up, and the air filled with the sweet scent of flowers.

Ellie deliberately created situations that could provoke uncontrollable emotions in a four-year-old child. She showed him various insects: "Look, Alex, what a beautiful butterfly!" she said, pointing to the brightly colored winged beauty. "And look at this huge beetle," she continued, showing an insect actively crawling over pebbles. "Oh, Alex, there's a spider on your head!" Ellie said with a smile.

The boy proved to be a capable student, and by the end of the training session, he calmly reacted to all kinds of butterflies. However, ladybugs still elicited Alex's unstoppable childish delight.

• Like 4

Hi to all, next part right now:

It was noon on outside. The sun stood high above the horizon, warming the surroundings and hiding the traces of the past storm. Only a few puddles remained as reminders of the night's tempest.

Children happily ran around the hotel's inner courtyard, their laughter echoing off the walls, and they were simply joyful.

From deep within the hotel lobby, the nanny's voice rang out: "Alex! Ellie! Please, come to me!"

The children stopped playing and raced towards Eve, who was already standing at the exit of the inner courtyard.

"It's time for a little rest," she announced to her charges, smiling.

"But Nanny, we've only just started playing," the boy and girl whined in unison, their eyes full of incomprehension and reluctance to break for what they deemed an unnecessary nap.

"And you can continue after you've had a nap," Eve dashed all hopes of continued fun with her decisive tone. "Despite the fact that you're both grown-ups now, today is your first day at this new age. And I don't want you to be sleepy and start fussing by 6 pm," Eve concluded, stroking their heads.

Knowing they couldn't escape nap time, the children trudged towards the elevator, exchanging sad glances. Eve followed, gently guiding her charges and giving them no chance to sneak away.

Upon reaching their floor, Alex headed to his room. He didn't want to admit it, but he wouldn't have minded dozing off for an hour or two. Ellie kept pace with him, her cheerful curls swaying gently in step. As they approached the door, the boy habitually wanted to enter his room, but the nanny stopped him.

"Alex, we're not going here today," Eve gestured for them to continue. Walking a few more meters, the nanny opened a massive wooden door, just like the other doors on this floor, and let the boy in first. Alex entered the room and looked around. At first glance, it was a standard room, just like all the others in the hotel: clean, tidy, with its own kitchenette and, judging by the number of doors, two bedrooms.

The boy noticed that Ellie had been acting strangely throughout their journey, often looking at Eve and giving her various eye signals. So, the little one expected to see a surprise, but not just another ordinary room, albeit a very bright and cozy one. Therefore, already beginning to get annoyed, the boy was not particularly tactful and asked, "So, what's the catch?"

He looked at Ellie, who was standing to the side, nervously fiddling with the hem of her light white dress. "This isn't like her," Alex noted to himself, paying attention to her rosy cheeks.

Eva carefully closed the massive front door behind her and said, "Just a little more patience, kiddo." She walked across the room, opened one of the doors leading to another space, and gestured for Alex to enter. Alex stepped inside and was at a loss for words. He still remembered the impression he had when he first entered his room after it had been transformed into a nursery, but this was something else.

Before him was a spacious room designed for two little ones. The assortment of cars, dolls, robots, and a toy baby stroller hinted that a boy and a girl were meant to be the masters of this place. Alex noticed two children's beds, standing in adjacent corners on either side of the window. Each bed had its own bedside table with a cozy night light. One night light was in the shape of a dinosaur, apparently meant for the boy, and the other in the shape of a unicorn, clearly more suited for a girl.

Also in the room was a wardrobe for clothes, a chest of drawers, and a shelf filled with various toys, each item carefully selected and arranged.

After inspecting the room, Alex turned to the nanny, expecting explanations, and they didn't take long to arrive. "Alex, I now have to take care of both of you, and it would be much more convenient to do that if you were in one place," Eva provided a comprehensive explanation. Well, it sounded quite logical. "Of course, I cannot insist, and you can return to your room at any moment when you want to," she clarified. "And by the way, it was her idea." The nanny shifted her gaze to Ellie, who by that time was already blushing down to the tips of her ears.

"Yes... I thought... we have fun playing... and why not... you don't mind?" the girl began her faltering explanations, barely containing her excitement.

"Oh my God, Ellie is embarrassed! You could fry an egg on her face right now!" Alex assessed his friend and, not wanting to continue tormenting the girl, said: "Well, I'll go gather my things." With those words, he left the room with a sense of dignity.

As soon as the door to the room closed behind Alex, the boy dropped his affected importance and ran down the hotel corridor, bouncing with excitement. Bursting into his nursery, he grabbed his teddy bear and said, "Teddy, we're moving!" before hurrying back to his new room, where Eva was already preparing for nap time.

The nanny sent the children to the bathroom to wash their hands and faces after their morning walk, telling them she would wait for them in the bedroom. The boy and girl quickly washed up, laughing merrily, and rushed back to their nursery, where neatly folded pajamas were already waiting for them on the beds.

Ellie was the first to burst into the room, laughing as she grabbed her rainbow unicorn pajamas and started to put them on. Alex entered the room next, also cheerful until he noticed his bed. Lying on his pajamas, in plain sight, was a diaper... again.

"What is this?!" Alex thought to himself, "It's as if Eva enjoys embarrassing me. She could've quietly handed it to me so Ellie wouldn't notice." Wanting to show that he wasn't going to put up with this, the boy resolutely declared, "I am NOT wearing this," emphasizing the refusal. Eva was ready to launch into a lecture about facing problems and not running away from them, but Ellie intervened. "Drop it, Alex, don't be so stubborn!" the girl cheerfully said, "I promise I won't laugh!" Strangely enough, it worked. The boy picked up the diaper and retreated to the bathroom. A couple of minutes later, he returned to the bedroom.

"Oh, you look so adorable and little right now!" Ellie giggled gleefully, clapping her hands.

"Ellie, you promised!" Alex's cheeks flushed.

"Yeah, sorry, I just couldn't help myself when I saw you," the girl replied, "you really do look so cute." She walked over to him and hugged him tightly.

Breaking free from Ellie's embrace, still blushing, Alex pulled on his pajamas and darted into bed.

"Sweet dreams, children," Eva wished her charges. She had been standing in the corner of the room the whole time, watching and trying not to interfere. The nanny drew the curtains and left the room, closing the door behind her. Semi-darkness settled in.

The sun blazed above the hotel, scorching everything alive. A warm breeze blew in through the slightly open window, fluttering the curtains like banners. Light and shadow danced on the walls, creating fantastical shapes.

Alex couldn't sleep. He was tormented by thoughts of the new room, the move, and what Ellie had said. He would get up from bed, then lie back down and hug his soft teddy bear. He would drink cool water from the glass on the nightstand, then throw off the blanket, then cover himself with it again.

Ellie watched him from her side of the room. She could see his restlessness and anguish. "Alex, just sleep," she whispered.

"I can't, it's too hot!" Alex replied, staring at the white ceiling. He would have been glad to fall asleep already.

"Then take off your clothes, you're acting like a little kid," Ellie suggested.

"I'm not little!" Alex retorted, offended, and turned his back to her. But Ellie didn't let it go.

"You're acting like you're four years old!" she continued.

Without turning to face his friend, Alex pointed out fairly:

"I am really four years old, just like you."

Ellie rolled onto her back.

"Can't argue with that," she agreed, smiling.

And the children fell silent. Ellie realized that she had hurt Alex with her remark about being "little." She lay there for a few minutes, thinking about what she had said. Then the girl got up from the bed and approached Alex, who was still lying with his face to the wall. She whispered quietly:

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." But the boy didn't respond.

"He must have fallen asleep," Ellie thought. She gently ran her hand along Alex's arm and suddenly pulled it back, having touched the boy's wrist. Alex's hand was scorching hot, like a burning coal.

"I need to call Eva urgently," the thought flashed through Ellie's mind. She ran out of the children's room.

Eva was unpacking things in the next room. A nanny's job required her to constantly follow her charges, leaving little time for herself. But when the children napped during the day, she could take care of her own affairs. Eva leisurely sorted clothes onto the shelves of the wardrobe in her new bedroom, thinking about something and occasionally smiling at her thoughts.

The bedroom door swung open. An agitated Ellie stood in the doorway.

"Eva, Alex is feeling unwell," she said.

Eva dropped the clothes and rushed into the nursery. There she saw Alex, who lay under the blanket with his knees pressed to his chest. His eyes were half-closed, and he was shivering. Eva approached the bed and sat down. The child's forehead was dry and hot, while the fingers on his feet were cold as ice.

Assessing Alex's condition, the nanny turned to the girl: "Ellie, bring me the first aid kit from my room. It's in the nightstand next to the bed." Ellie nodded and ran off. In just a moment, the girl returned with a white bag with a red cross on the side.

Eva took a thermometer from the first aid kit and unbuttoned Alex's pajamas. Carefully, trying not to disturb the child more than necessary, she placed the thermometer under his armpit.

Silence filled the room.

Ellie stood quietly, looking at Alex. She was worried and scared. She didn't know what had happened to him.

The nanny carefully watched the numbers on the small electronic thermometer screen.

The thermometer beeped, breaking the silence in the room.

Eva looked at the flashing numbers again. The temperature was high. Silently, the nanny took a bottle and a measuring spoon from the first aid kit. After measuring the necessary amount of pink medicine, she turned to Ellie:

"Sweetie, please hold this," the nanny asked the girl. Then, with gentle and confident movements, the nanny helped to Alex sit.

"Dear, you need to drink it," she said to the boy. "Open your mouth, sunshine, it's a sweet syrup."

Alex opened his mouth slightly, his eyes still closed. Ellie brought the spoon to his lips.

"That's it, baby, drink," Eva encouraged him. "Now, some water." Eva took a glass of water from the nightstand. The water had already warmed up from the summer heat.

Eva lowered Alex onto the pillow. "Rest, baby, the medicine will work soon," she said and kissed his hot forehead.

The room was once again filled with tense silence. The nanny and Ellie sat on the girl's bed, looking at Alex. The little boy lay under the blanket, shivering, his legs still icy cold. Fifteen minutes later, Eva put a thermometer in the boy's mouth again. The nanny tensely watched the numbers, which showed no signs of stopping. After the device's traditional signal, she left the room. A couple of minutes later, Eva returned. In her hands was a small basin of warm water in which several towels floated.

"We need to help Alex deal with the fever until the medicine starts working," she said.

Setting the basin aside, the nanny removed the blanket from the boy.

"But the water is warm, almost hot," said Ellie.

"Yes, that's how it should be. If we were to rub him with cold water, he could start having convulsions," Eva explained.

She undressed Alex, leaving him lying in bed wearing only a diaper, wrung out the excess water from towel, and began to rub the child's body. Her movements were careful and confident; it was clear that this was not her first time doing this.

Alex moaned, "I'm cold, don't touch me... ow, it's wet."

"Just bear with it a little, sweetheart," Eva continued.

Alex weakly resisted the damp towel. He was too sick and tired. After 5 minutes of rubbing, the nanny measured his temperature again. The thermometer showed the same numbers.

"Good," said Eva.

"Is Alex feeling better?" asked Ellie. She stood at the head of Alex's bed, stroking his head.

"Yes, the temperature isn't rising," replied Eva. She touched the child's legs. They were hot. "Soon the medicine will take effect, and the temperature will drop."

Eva took a sheet from the closet and covered Alex with it.

The girl and the nanny sat on the bed, and Ellie watched Alex. Fifteen minutes later, the boy relaxed and stretched out along the bed. Sweat appeared on his forehead. The temperature dropped, and the child fell asleep.

The next four days were tense for Eva and Elizabeth. Eva wanted to isolate Alex, but Ellie was adamantly against it. She insisted on helping and would not accept any objections from the nanny, even resorting to the last argument about the girl's true age. Every five hours, they gave the boy medicine and rubbed him down. Ellie took it upon herself to constantly monitor his temperature and carried out this duty with dignity.

Alex slept almost around the clock; during the rare hours when he was awake, he sat in his bed, leaning on a soft white pillow, and Ellie entertained him by reading fairy tales and telling stories from her past adult life. She fed Alex with a spoon and cared for him in every way. At first, Alex tried to protest, but he soon realized that he had no strength left for a rebellion and that there was no need. He gratefully accepted his friend's care.

The entire hotel staff was terribly worried about the boy and constantly inquired about his health. Even Arthur, with whom Alex had a rather strained relationship, came to the room every three hours to check on the child's well-being.

On the fifth day of Alex's illness, Ellie, Arthur, and Eva were sitting in the hotel lobby, discussing their next steps.

"We need to take the boy to the hospital," insisted Eva. Ellie supported the nanny, as she was very worried about her friend's health.

"I agree that he needs a doctor's help, but how do you imagine this?" Arthur resisted. "We'll bring him in and say, 'This is Alex. Generally, he's 35 years old, but right now he's four. Take a look at what's wrong with him.'"

"We won't say anything!" Ellie glared angrily at Arthur. "What if he dies?" the girl sobbed.

"I'm already feeling better," a faint, barely audible child's voice came from the direction of the stairs.

All three turned around. Alex was cautiously descending the staircase. He was twisting halfway around, holding onto the railing with both hands. The boy was wearing only the top part of his pajama set, unbuttoned halfway, and a diaper. His bare little legs carefully stepped from one stair to another. The child was unsteady but didn't give up. A plush teddy bear – his loyal friend – protruded from under his armpit.

The nanny rushed over to the boy and easily scooped him up into her arms.

"Sweetheart, why did you get up?" she asked tenderly. With the child in her arms, Eva returned to Elizabeth and Arthur. Alex settled comfortably on the nanny's lap, resting his head on her chest. Eva lovingly stroked his head and gently rocked him. The child looked pale and weak; his facial features had sharpened over the few days of illness. Alex had lost several pounds, which was evident and quite significant for his age.

"How are you feeling, sir?" Arthur broke the silence.

"Already better," the boy replied softly. His lips had cracked from the prolonged fever, and his speech had become somewhat unclear.

"Shall I call a doctor?" the porter continued the conversation.

"No, a pediatrician wasn't part of my plans," Alex smiled for the first time in several days.

• Like 4

Great chapter.  I get the feeling that Alex is going Alex might become part of the hotel staff as well, but it is too early for me to say for sure.

Please, keep the story going and I will keep reading.  Thank  you for the update

Does Alex have a plan - or is there another big plan for Alex, Elisabeth and Eva. I'm starting to think Eva is the person Elizabeth referred to as "My mom works at the hotel" in the first chapter. And if so, who are Eva and Arthur really? How old are they? I have a feeling that the reason Eva is smiling in her own room is because she really likes taking care of Ellie and Alex as "siblings" and secretly dreams of being a mother to them as they grow up again. Or keep them as her little happy children for years.….

Looking forward to the next chapter in this amazing story ?

• Like 1