LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Journey / Polyuria

This is my first post! I've been reading a lot of your posts/comments since December 2022 when I first joined. 

My interest / journey in diapers started in December 2022 when I was looking for a solution for my polyuria. It's been somewhat of a "joke" with my friends that I'm always running to the bathroom. I'll pee once and then have to go again 20 minutes later... and again... and again. It doesn't interrupt my sleep too often, but it does maybe once or twice a week. I know cutting out coffee / alcohol would be the solution, but why cut them out when I can just throw on a diaper?! Has anyone else here started diapering for their polyuria?

I've enjoyed every minute of having a diaper on. I wear them around the house while doing chores / watching TV, out sometimes while doing errands, and to bed (maybe 3 nights / week). The main thing I haven't done is changed my diaper out of the house.

Although I'm not 24/7, I'm considering it for the future. Is it easier to have zero bladder control OR know when I'm going but in the comfort of my diaper? It's just such a relief to not have to run to the bathroom all the time. It didn't take me too long to be comfortable enough to go in my diaper. I wear them sometimes at night but I can only release if I'm bent over on my stomach. I've had a few leaks, but nothing too major.

I started with Assurance pull-ups and have since "upgraded" to Assurance briefs with tabs. My issue is that I have a 31" waist, so I have to tape one tab onto the other... it doesn't make the diaper feel secure enough. I just purchased FitRight OptiFit Ultra Briefs because the size ranges seem like they'll fit more securely. I'd love to try ConfiDry or MegaMax, but I'm trying to stay under $1/diaper. Any recommendations?

Also, any powder recommendations? I have diapers, onesies (which oddly cause my diapers to leak more easily - any thoughts?), and wipes, but no powder yet.

I love being a part of this supportive community and am enjoying every step of my journey!

• Like 3

any powder recommendations - YEA DON'T use it. Use a good cream like Butt Paste, 40% zinc in it.... then if you do get a rash. I have a fix for that

Cortizone cream for itching and rashes, then mix 50-50 with Lotrimin for itching and rashes. Cured mine in less than a few hours

8 hours ago, blueline said:

I'd love to try ConfiDry or MegaMax, but I'm trying to stay under $1/diaper. Any recommendations?

Also, any powder recommendations? I have diapers, onesies (which oddly cause my diapers to leak more easily - any thoughts?), and wipes, but no powder yet.

I love being a part of this supportive community and am enjoying every step of my journey!

@bluelineIf you are in the US / Canada, J&J has gotten out of the baby powder business.  I prefer talc baby powder and there is no where in the US or Canada that I can get that now.  I'd have to take a trip to Europe or Australia or possibly some other locations to get more when my current supply (picked up while on sale going out of stock) runs out.  In this area you might find corn starch based baby powder from store brands, but I'm not sure how much longer that is going to last with J&J out of the market.  So good luck finding baby powder if that is what you want and you are in the US or Canada. 

As to diapers, I prefer cloth, so that's what helps keep my costs down.  Personally, for vacation, I now will use disposable but I prefer the higher capacity diapers - Megamax and Tykables (blue) camies....  Along with high capacity inserts I can finally get a good nights sleep without having the disable leak on me...  Reason went to cloth diapers when secondary nocturnal enuresis started for me...  Yes, this is more than $1 per diaper....  But I can go with one per day, with the major use during the night.  Daytime I normally make it to the toilet for most of it....

Keeping it down to a buck a diap is going to be rather difacult, if you want to have a diaper that lasts more than an hour or two. Sorry, thats just how it goes. If your ok with the cheep disposables, and they work for you your fine, but, me, I like being able to sleep through the night, without having to worry about changing my diaper, thus I favor a betterdry or better for overnight. Day wise, honestly, depends on whats happening. I do not go out that much, so its not so hard use an extended wear diaper in the day, rather than to worry about changing every hour or two.  One 3 dollar diap that lasts 8-10 hours, is a lit better than 5 1 dollar diaps that gotta be changed every hour or two.

Also, I have to agree with ZZyzx, cloth is a very very good option. You might want to try super undies, or some simular products. I have taken a look at the super undies, and they are really quite nice. Not as absorbant as I would wish, but, they are intended more to alow people an alternative to cheep disposables. I should note that cloth diapers do not swell when they get wet, so if your concealed when you start out, its not going to show up because of swelling later on. Another option is training pants with a plastic pant on over them, they can be quite efective, and easy to wear. 

On 3/13/2023 at 2:22 PM, blueline said:

I have diapers, onesies (which oddly cause my diapers to leak more easily - any thoughts?)

A couple of things about onesies. First if it's too tight and compressing the diaper it can reduce absorbency. Second the area between your legs may be tucking itself into the sides of your diaper which can result in a wicking leak.

19 hours ago, Dartplayerinwvc said:

any powder recommendations - YEA DON'T use it. Use a good cream like Butt Paste, 40% zinc in it.... then if you do get a rash. I have a fix for that

Cortizone cream for itching and rashes, then mix 50-50 with Lotrimin for itching and rashes. Cured mine in less than a few hours

Thank you, friend! That's great advice

19 hours ago, zzyzx said:

@bluelineIf you are in the US / Canada, J&J has gotten out of the baby powder business.  I prefer talc baby powder and there is no where in the US or Canada that I can get that now.  I'd have to take a trip to Europe or Australia or possibly some other locations to get more when my current supply (picked up while on sale going out of stock) runs out.  In this area you might find corn starch based baby powder from store brands, but I'm not sure how much longer that is going to last with J&J out of the market.  So good luck finding baby powder if that is what you want and you are in the US or Canada. 

As to diapers, I prefer cloth, so that's what helps keep my costs down.  Personally, for vacation, I now will use disposable but I prefer the higher capacity diapers - Megamax and Tykables (blue) camies....  Along with high capacity inserts I can finally get a good nights sleep without having the disable leak on me...  Reason went to cloth diapers when secondary nocturnal enuresis started for me...  Yes, this is more than $1 per diaper....  But I can go with one per day, with the major use during the night.  Daytime I normally make it to the toilet for most of it....

Thanks, @zzyzx! I'm in the US. I'm going to look into the corn starch based powders.

How many cloth diapers do you have? What brand do you like most? Is it possible to add an insert to a cloth diaper? I think cloth is the route I need to go although I'm not sure how my partner will feel. How easy are they to clean?

That's a good idea for vacation. I'm excited to see how these FitRights are but I'm sure they're no MegaMax. I have an overnight work conference coming up, so this will be a test!

@Alyeskabird Good point about investing in a diaper that'll last longer. I also don't go out a lot (I work from home), but I'm trying to somewhat train my bladder to use just my diaper. It's nice though to not have to worry about leaking since I'm mostly home alone

Thank you for the cloth diaper recommendations. I'm going to buy them and see if I like them! I honestly hadn't considered them. Although I love the feeling of a nice thick diaper, I'll feel much less self-conscious being out in public with them not swelling. Based on what you and Zzyzx said, it seems like cloth diapers will hold a lot.

Right now, I don't think training pants with a plastic pant is the right thing for me, but I appreciate your input.

@olympus Thank you! I think they're too tight and are tucking into my diaper. I'm going to have to buy a bigger size. So I guess they should be loose at the bottom when my diaper is dry so my diaper can expand? 

3 hours ago, blueline said:

Thanks, @zzyzx! I'm in the US. I'm going to look into the corn starch based powders.

How many cloth diapers do you have? What brand do you like most? Is it possible to add an insert to a cloth diaper? I think cloth is the route I need to go although I'm not sure how my partner will feel. How easy are they to clean?

@blueline: Concerning cloth diapers, my last purchase was the small 4 layer (night) purity diapers from  https://www.adultclothdiaper.com/Adult-Flat-Diapers-Gauze-Purity .  Use size charts to verify what you need.  Some of the larger folks on this site would need to use the large size.  You don't need inserts.  You can add layers.  Due to my volume, during the day I wear two at a time.  At night I wear three...  As to quantity, my last order was for two dozen.  I'm been rotating between an older set and the new set between washes.  My last purchase was in 2018.

Note that cloth diapers, once major release occurs, will feel wet, while disposables might not be noticed....  For me, I never learned to dislike a clean and dry or warm and wet (cloth) diaper....  And I'm old enough to have been in cloth as a young child.

You will need to add a protective pant on top, and diaper pins or something like snapies (larger size) or bongos.  I prefer diaper pins as the others more easily tear the type of diaper I currently buy, but can be useful if you are concerned about metal detectors set to be very sensitive.  What I used to get (and liked) was from VI Products and then from Comco, both of which went out of business some time ago.  They both had decent and very reasonably priced vinyl protective pants.  At this time, I mainly use PUL pants, which are typically manufactured by Gary and sold by a number of companies.  Kins is an alternative, but I don't like the cut of their protective pants for what I've tried from them so far...There are very few other manufactures available in the US and CA at this time.  (Not sure where one company that has a few alternatives get their supply from.  Rubber and Vinyl are typical alternatives to PUL.)

As to cleaning, I have a washer and dryer in my house.  I find diapers like these are thinner and will wash and dry easier than the multi-layer sewn pre-folds.  As long as only # 1, hot wash, w/ normal soap, no bleach and  white vinegar instead of a "fabric softener", extra rinse.  If used for # 2, you will want to pre-wash with a cold wash otherwise warm or hot will likely set stains.  Never use fabric softeners (in washer or dryer) on cloth diapers.  And it may take a few washes of new diapers to get sizing out and get them to "normal" absorbancy.  I'm basically only using them for # 1, and I tend to run a wet diaper pail and not dry diaper pail (for me, a five gallon bucket with lid).  And that can get heavy when full.

3 hours ago, blueline said:

Thank you for the cloth diaper recommendations. I'm going to buy them and see if I like them! I honestly hadn't considered them. Although I love the feeling of a nice thick diaper, I'll feel much less self-conscious being out in public with them not swelling. Based on what you and Zzyzx said, it seems like cloth diapers will hold a lot.

@bluelineHow much cloth diapers hold depend on how many you layer to wear at one time.  Before BPH hit, my volume in one shot needed significant padding.  These are not thin to start with....  But they are not expanding (just sagging) when wet.  I'm used to wearing thicker cloth diapers all the time now, and usually not noticed at all. 

One of the few times it was noticed, was on vacation while folding the diapers after washing and drying....  And another person walked in to the camp ground laundry room while I was folding them.  That person thought they would make good towels....  And I agreed they could make good towels...  Then I think the person realized what I was folding and that ended the subject....    Yes, I wear pants a size up from what I would if not in diapers.  And now, I've changed out regular t-shirts to snap crotch onesies (Tykables t-shirts) or rompers.  No one really notices anything....

I should also point out, things like the super undies, and a lot of the all in ones, they are lower on the capacity scale. A lot of them do have boosters available, but some of thoes boosters only add like 16 once of extra absorbancy. Look at what your getting and see if they are absorbant enough for you. ALso, if your going for the lighter products, you might want to look into the ones with the snap closures, or velcro. Makes it easyer to change without having to take off your pants.  There are plastic pants with snaps as well, so is plenty of diferent things to try. Do take a look around, there are a couple of brands of decent all in ones around, like dependaco, and a lot others. I probably should point out, with the all in ones, its more often the waterproof backing that fails, or the fastners, before the diaper itself is no longer usable.

I should note that it can take some experamentation to find what is comfortable for you. WHat your needs are, and what your comfortable with dealing with.

Ok thats mostly dealing with things like the superundies, and the all on ones. With more traditional cloth diapers, absorbancy is based on volume. You want more absorbancy, add another layer. Me for when I sleep, I tend to use two to four overnight prefolds. It depends in part on fluid intake and stuff like that. If I think I am going to wet more than normal, I will bulk up a bit, so I don't have to worry about overloading my diapers. I also tend to be a side sleeper, so the extra absorbancy alows for better, and faster wicking. Disposables are quite poor for side sleepers sadly, no absorbancy on the sides. There is a lot of options to play with when it comes to cloth options, a lot will depend on what fits you well, and what works with your siduation. Yah the standard pin on prefold will work for most everyone, and they are a fav of mine, but definatly be willing to look at other products. 

There is a good amount of information on the forums about cloth diapers as well, and check out the reviews as well, that might help you find things that might work good for your siduation.

Umm I should add in, more as an FYI than anything else, don't forget, when washing cloth diapers, no fabric softner in the wash, and no dryer sheets in the dryer. If you can, give them an extra rinse before the wash, and a single wash cycle normaly keeps mine clean. Err also no bleach. Should have mentioned that earlyer. Fabric softner and the like coat the cloth fibers and make them less absorbant.

Plastic pants are allso a must have item with cloth, but, I will also add in, do not be afraid to experament with PUL pants. I find I personaly like PUL but its not something everyone likes.

Thank you, @zzyzx & @Alyeskabird! I went ahead and purchased a dozen of the LeakMaster Purity pre-folds and a pack of Snappi's.

Which folding technique do you feel is most absorbent? I've been doing research, but am curious to get your input since you both seem to be huge fans of pre-folds. I'm not a bedwetter at the moment, so I'm most concerned about daytime use. If you're layering two or three during the day, do you still have to change during the day or will one multi-layer last you for the day? I know we're all different though of course.

I just haven't picked out a protective pant yet. There are much more aspects of diapering than I had originally anticipated.

I'm anxious to see how the feel of the cloth diapers is. Is it going to feel like I'm wetting my underwear? Regardless, I'm going to test them and see how I feel! I was trying to figure out the absorbency capacity of the adult pre-folds (I'm a numbers guy)... but I guess it doesn't matter if they work for me.

11 hours ago, zzyzx said:

One of the few times it was noticed, was on vacation while folding the diapers after washing and drying....  And another person walked in to the camp ground laundry room while I was folding them.  That person thought they would make good towels....  And I agreed they could make good towels...  Then I think the person realized what I was folding and that ended the subject....    Yes, I wear pants a size up from what I would if not in diapers.  And now, I've changed out regular t-shirts to snap crotch onesies (Tykables t-shirts) or rompers.  No one really notices anything....

This is an amazing story! They do make great towels... for #1 & #2 specifically. The snap crotch onesies I use have a t-shirt sewn over the bodysuit itself. I just need to buy a larger size and I'm sure that's even more necessary with cloth diapers.

The Threaded Armors look very well designed, but I think I need a much higher absorbency. I'm going to first test out the pre-folds and then maybe try these after. Yeah it seems that you have to add three or four boosters to get enough absorbency.

I'm also a side sleeper, so that's great that pre-folds work well for us. Once my body lets me go while I'm on my side, this will work out well for me. I was originally against pre-folds (I didn't want to have to "build" the diaper myself), but if it's inexpensive, highly absorbent, and comfortable... then I'm sold.

I'll be very careful with these in the wash. I'm just not sure how my partner will react when I tell him that I need to wash my diapers. He's not too into me wearing disposables (although he's more supportive than I thought), so I can't picture how he'll feel when I say that my diapers are going into the laundry.

Actualy, do a quick search through the cloth diaper lovers forum, there are a lot of posts on the diferent folds for diapers. With standard prefolds, its actualy pretty simple really. Remember how the old pampers disposables where folded? Thats a  basic cloth diaper fold, then pin it on, or use the snappies, and your good to go.

Here is a link that might help, youtube can be helpfull.

https://thiswestcoastmommy.com/6-ways-to-fold-a-prefold-diaper/

Thats just from doing a quick google search for how to fold a prefold diaper. There are more ways, take some time to look it up, as you might want to go more one way or another.

I should let you know, with cloth, folding does nothing for or against absorbancy. THe cloth diaper will absorb x amount, no matter what shape it is folded into. Honestly, I tend to do one diaper in a pad fold, laid down in the middle of the first diaper, and do something thats basicly a bakini fold, or fanfold. Umm, fanfold is basicly how the old 70s era disposables where folded. Having it thicker in the front, for a boy, or between the legs for a girl, helps it absorb more quickly, wich will help prevent leaks and stuff.

How much diapering you need is something you will have to figure out, I would sudjest starting with two, and see how wet you end up in the morning, if your soaked, go to three, if your mostly dry, give a single diaper a shot, and see how that works for you. I sometimes wear three or four over night cause I like the warm comforting feel of the bulk between my legs and wraped around me. Its very comfortable. When you get diaper covers, make sure that you get the overnight diaper covers, with the higher waist. The other ones might not really fit very well over bulky cloth diapers.

It probably will feel at lest a little like wetting your undies would feel, cotton is cotton, wet cotton will feel like wet cotton. Don't forget the plastic pants, will help keep from making a mess. Invest in powder and diaper rash cream as well, rashes do happen now and again afterall.  I would also sudjest, if your a side sleeper, that you get pullup plastic pants for when your sleeping, rather than the snap  plastic pants.

Hope that helps a little

Thank you, @Alyeskabird! I'm still learning the terminology and realized that I actually bought flat diapers, not pre-folds. That's what I was thinking of doing - one diaper in a pad fold with the other in a fan fold. I can't wait for them to arrive so I can see how they fit under my clothes. Good point about absorbency... a diaper is going to hold what a diaper can hold.

I think I'll also enjoy the bulk between my legs at night - it's like a constant hug. The plastic pants I bought are here - https://a.co/d/0SAksCv. I got the snap-ons but realize that may have been a mistake and I'm not sure if the waist will be high enough. When you're layering multiple diapers, do you put on a Snappi / Boingo / pin on each layer or just the outer... or does it depend on the fold? 

Overall, it seems like I've bought everything I need except for powder and diaper rash cream. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do in terms of a pail. I'd rather not buy one, but need to figure out what I'll do.

I really appreciate the help! You, @zzyzx, and @olympus have been extremely helpful! 

11 hours ago, blueline said:

Which folding technique do you feel is most absorbent? I've been doing research, but am curious to get your input since you both seem to be huge fans of pre-folds. I'm not a bedwetter at the moment, so I'm most concerned about daytime use. If you're layering two or three during the day, do you still have to change during the day or will one multi-layer last you for the day? I know we're all different though of course.

@blueline: For me, I mainly deal with Nocturnal Enuresis (bed-wetting).  However, early onset BPH and how that has been handled has left me with a slight wet spot in front during the day, which leads me to need at least light protection during the day.  Since such reusable light protection is basically as costly as diapers, I just use diapers all the time now.  And I figure if I'm going to wear, I'm going to wear thick enough to handle taking a nap if I want to....  To keep it short, I wear two diapers layered together during the day and then add a third before I go to bed, and typically wake up with needing a shower and change.  So, I'm not going to be able to answer your day time usage, however I expect if you use them during the day instead of like I try to make it to the toilet, I expect you will want at least one and may two changes during the day, and depends on how your skin handles being in wet diapers and what you use to handle that condition.  For me, I find I can stay in a wet diaper way longer than I should.  You need to find what works for you.

For folding technices, I used one of the more standard male based folds.  (Fold in thirds, expand back top out , pull up through legs and expand front as needed with back fully extended to pin in front. Keep as much padding in front where the primary need is.)

I just haven't picked out a protective pant yet. There are much more aspects of diapering than I had originally anticipated.I'm anxious to see how the feel of the cloth diapers is. Is it going to feel like I'm wetting my underwear? Regardless, I'm going to test them and see how I feel! I was trying to figure out the absorbency capacity of the adult pre-folds (I'm a numbers guy)... but I guess it doesn't matter if they work for me.

Yes.  You need to think through the various items you need for this....

Yes, the cloth will feel like wet cloth.  If you are good with that, cloth diapers should work for you.  If you want to feel it less, and don't mind thicker diapers, add layers in the appropriate area.  As a male, I use folds that provide more padding up front.  The more there, the longer before I feel the wetness in the seat of my pants.  And due to how I sense things, it can take a while till I recognize the diaper is wet...  I never did learn to wake up at night because I had wet myself....

Since you are a numbers guy, lets talk some numbers....  Have you measured what your mean / normal / average volume of discharge is for a typical daytime void?  Since  you are Polyuia, I assume your daytime total volume is (significantly) above normal, but your frequency sounds like you might not be oversized on bladder.  Depending on your numbers will depend on how many layers you might want to go with and how long you can go between changes.  I also assume you have had discussions with a Urologist....

For me, prior to the onset of BPH issues, standing, I used to be about 8  to 12 ounces on a typical day time void, leaning closer to 12 oz.  If sitting that would increase to about 16oz,  Laying down and at night, I believe I normally held to 22 to 26 oz, typically estimate 24oz for the first void at night once the enuresis started back up.  This is larger than a Urologist would expect....  

With BPH, my functional capacity has reduced back toward 6 to 12 oz in the day, typically 8 or may 10 oz, and 8 is what a Urologist would expect.  I think my night time now triggers at 12 oz. but might get to 16 oz.  And on a really wet night I probably should have added a fourth (diaper) layer for the night.  (So consider getting a proper bed pad and coverage to help handle night time issues should you choose to use the diapers at night in bed.)

Your mileage will vary.

I'm also a side sleeper, so that's great that pre-folds work well for us. Once my body lets me go while I'm on my side, this will work out well for me. I was originally against pre-folds (I didn't want to have to "build" the diaper myself), but if it's inexpensive, highly absorbent, and comfortable... then I'm sold.

I'll be very careful with these in the wash. I'm just not sure how my partner will react when I tell him that I need to wash my diapers. He's not too into me wearing disposables (although he's more supportive than I thought), so I can't picture how he'll feel when I say that my diapers are going into the laundry.

As to "inexpensive", the set I linked to I considered to be the best price / performance.  There are some sewn multi-layer diapers that do cost more.  But cloth in my opinion will win out over disposables over the long hall for cost effective.

As to laundry, when you get things down, run just a load of diapers and nothing else with them.  Your partner should be fine with that.  Only issue that may come up is frequency of needing to run a load, and how long you can hold used diapers before needing to wash them.

14 minutes ago, blueline said:

I think I'll also enjoy the bulk between my legs at night - it's like a constant hug. The plastic pants I bought are here - https://a.co/d/0SAksCv. I got the snap-ons but realize that may have been a mistake and I'm not sure if the waist will be high enough. When you're layering multiple diapers, do you put on a Snappi / Boingo / pin on each layer or just the outer... or does it depend on the fold? 

Overall, it seems like I've bought everything I need except for powder and diaper rash cream. I haven't figured out what I'm going to do in terms of a pail. I'd rather not buy one, but need to figure out what I'll do.

@blueline: Since you like the bulk, running multiple diapers in layers should work for you.  Just size up your pants as needed.  I don't think most folks will notice.  You will need to find the balance of what you need, like and prefer for your situation.

As to Snappi / Boingo, while I don't like them (for normal use), if putting on one layer at a time, each layer would need one snappi / a pair of boingo at a time.  If using one diaper as a folded insert, you might be able to get away with one set overall.

For me, I use four diaper pins (two on each side) with a double layered diaper, and then four more pins for the third layer added at night.

For the plastic pants, you will have to find what fits your body and your diaper configuration....

If you are going full time, you will end up needing a pail or use a deep sink by the washing machine to hold the used diapers till you are ready to wash a set. 

@zzyzx It sounds like we're in the exact opposite situation - I'm a heavy daytime wetter and wet very little at night (which is within my control). I can't say anything until I actually try, but it seems like I'll need at least one change. I hope I'll be able to stay in a wet diaper for a long time like you, but who knows.

Thank you for the folding suggestions. I'm hoping I can fold them in advance and store them mostly folded to make changes quick and easy

I'm not sure how I'll feel about wet cloth until I give it a try. I'm sure I'll add several layers so that I feel it less. I've now woken up the last two nights in a row needing to go (I was diapered) and stayed awake for two hours, which makes me want to go voluntarily incontinent. I'm just not sure if the benefits outweigh the costs for me personally... I've been doing a ton of research on here and will really think this through.

I haven't yet measured the volume, but I will start and create a log. I have no sense of what my capacity is. Are you a coffee drinker? I drink about 20-24 oz of coffee / day. What about alcohol? 

These definitely seem like the most cost-effective. I anticipate doing laundry every 2-3 days. I'm thinking maybe I can store the dirty ones outside before washing? I'll definitely just do loads of diapers.

I've typically worn tighter-fitting clothes, so I'm sure I'll need to change up my wardrobe quite a bit. I do have some looser-fitting clothing as well and will experiment.

I'm hoping I'll like the Snappi's and good to know about how many to use. I don't think pins are right for me

Let's see how I like the cloth diapers! They should be coming within the next few days. Then I'll get a diaper pail if I plan to be full-time. 

By the way, my FitRight OptiFits came and they're absolutely awful. The capacity is low and the fit is poor. Surprisingly, I prefer the Assurances except that I have to overlap the tabs...  they say they can fit between a 22" and 50" waist - ridiculous! 

A few comments here:

• Don't forget to wash all you cloth diapers 3 times before first use.
  • I have found pins to be most reliable for daytime use. Snappis will not hold up a seriously wet diaper, but pins will.
  • High waist pants are great. Too many pants designs are just not high enough in the waist to cover my cloth diapers when I wear them as they fit me best.
On 3/14/2023 at 7:22 AM, blueline said:

My interest / journey in diapers started in December 2022 when I was looking for a solution for my polyuria. It's been somewhat of a "joke" with my friends that I'm always running to the bathroom. I'll pee once and then have to go again 20 minutes later... and again... and again. It doesn't interrupt my sleep too often, but it does maybe once or twice a week. I know cutting out coffee / alcohol would be the solution, but why cut them out when I can just throw on a diaper?! Has anyone else here started diapering for their polyuria?

Polyuria is about creating too much pee (as opposed to merely peeing small amounts frequently aka "urgency" & "frequency").  Polyuria is bad mojo and as @zzyzx has suggested, I'd definitely be looking to get some medical advice on that one IF you have that.

Have you tried weighing your diapers to work out if you really have Polyuria (which I think is defined as > 3 liters per day on a sustained basis)?  I ran that experiment on myself for a few months back in mid-2020.  I discovered that my average 24 hour pee output was 2.2 liters which was pretty much normal although I pee very, very frequently.

On 3/16/2023 at 11:51 AM, blueline said:

I'm hoping I can fold them in advance and store them mostly folded to make changes quick and easy

I fold mine right out of the dryer as I will need them, and store that way.

I haven't yet measured the volume, but I will start and create a log. I have no sense of what my capacity is. Are you a coffee drinker? I drink about 20-24 oz of coffee / day. What about alcohol?

No and No.  I don't pay too much attention to total liquid consumption during the day, but when I don't drink enough it shows up in the quarterly blood work...  If I'm staying properly hydrated and get a good nights sleep (of proper length) I basically will be wet in the morning....

These definitely seem like the most cost-effective. I anticipate doing laundry every 2-3 days. I'm thinking maybe I can store the dirty ones outside before washing? I'll definitely just do loads of diapers.

Frequency will depend on a number of factors, including how may you use at a time, and how many changes  you need in a day, and the size of your washing machine.  For these diapers, figure one diaper is the equivalent of a bath towel.  Sears (Kenmore) washers used to advertise the number of towels could go in a load.  Where to store depends on a number of factors.  Outdoors might attract some animals...

Best wishes...

but I'm trying to somewhat train my bladder to use just my diaper. It's nice though to not have to worry about leaking since I'm mostly home alone.

Time, Nature, Gravity.... ALWAYS WINS - the trifecta

• Don't forget to wash all you cloth diapers 3 times before first use. (good old poker chips with ridged edges - wash them 3 or 4 times AND dry them with the same poker chips.... equals a better starting point)